PDA

View Full Version : Favre is comming back!!!

Anti-Polar Bear
04-25-2006, 09:59 PM
:D :D

Anti-Polar Bear
according to ESPN.

b bulldog
I hope not

Anti-Polar Bear
I hope not

Its breaking news on espn.com. Read it. Im for real.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-25-2006, 10:00 PM
Heres what they said:

Favre Will Play In 2006
Brett Favre informed the Green Bay Packers on Wednesday that he will play the 2006 season, league and team sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen. Favre shared his decision with general manager Ted Thompson and head coach Mike McCarthy in a telephone conversation on Wednesday morning, the sources

Harlan Huckleby
04-25-2006, 10:01 PM
Extra Sensory Perception News! Could be legit.

ND72
04-25-2006, 10:02 PM
Yup...it's all over the news too

Deputy Nutz
04-25-2006, 10:04 PM
I can't express how happy that I am right now. I thought he was going to come back, but this is just awesome! Regardless how this 2006 season turns outs it will be one of the most memorable seasons I can remember. Thanks Brett!

MJZiggy
04-25-2006, 10:04 PM
Wow. It's actually there.

Harlan Huckleby
04-25-2006, 10:07 PM
Well, it looks true, they have enough detail to convince me.

I wonder if this makes it more or less likely that Walker comes back. I'm convinced that Walker is gone, and that Favre and Walker won't be able to patch their differences.

But I would be so happy to be wrong. Walker coming back would be tremendous.

Harlan Huckleby
04-25-2006, 10:08 PM
This is good news for Aaron Rodgers! He has another year to avoid the bright lights.

Homer Jay
04-25-2006, 10:11 PM
Heres what they said:

Favre Will Play In 2006
Brett Favre informed the Green Bay Packers on Wednesday that he will play the 2006 season, league and team sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen. Favre shared his decision with general manager Ted Thompson and head coach Mike McCarthy in a telephone conversation on Wednesday morning, the sources

Wow that is amazing. He told them on Wednesday and yet we got to read about it on Tuesday night. Now that is breaking news and a true definition of a scoop.

imscott72
04-25-2006, 10:13 PM
Yeah this is great. Lets hope we can put together somewhat of a decent team and Brett doesn't get killed. I still wonder what his motivation is though. Money? Obviously we haven't made much of any moves to strengthen the team. I wonder why he didn't wait til after the draft? Everyone knows we won't be taking a QB now..

Murphy37
04-25-2006, 10:13 PM
Say whatever you want fuckers, but I got my #4 Jersey on right now.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-25-2006, 10:14 PM
Heres what they said:

Favre Will Play In 2006

Wow that is amazing. He told them on Wednesday and yet we got to read about it on Tuesday night. Now that is breaking news and a true definition of a scoop.

Probably just some wording errors. I wanted to be the first on this forum to annouce it, so i just copy and pasted the first thing i saw.

MacCool606
04-25-2006, 10:15 PM
My Packer flag will fly tomorrow

Murphy37
04-25-2006, 10:16 PM
My Packer flag will fly tomorrow

Ooh! Great idea MaCoolio.

Joemailman
Well, it looks true, they have enough detail to convince me.

I wonder if this makes it more or less likely that Walker comes back. I'm convinced that Walker is gone, and that Favre and Walker won't be able to patch their differences.

But I would be so happy to be wrong. Walker coming back would be tremendous.

I wonder if Brett was waiting until he was satisfied that the Packers will be trading Walker before he decided to come back.

esoxx
This is good news for Aaron Rodgers! He has another year to avoid the bright lights.

Yes, and that is worth more than any "mentoring" Favre could give him otherwise. This is good news for Rodgers. Also lessens the urge of TT to pull the trigger on drafting a QB at #5 Saturday.

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 10:17 PM
Sweet. Well, at least I know I won't be missing a single game this year. No vascilating back and forth again. This is it.

Super Bowl or bust. Good luck #4.

tyler

gbpackfan
04-25-2006, 10:17 PM
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so damn happy. This and then the draft, what a great week!!!!!

:D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Deputy Nutz
04-25-2006, 10:18 PM
I am so excited that I am going to masturbate, hold on.

GrnBay007
04-25-2006, 10:20 PM
woooooohooooo what a relief!! :mrgreen:

imscott72
04-25-2006, 10:20 PM

lmao. you go Nutz. Imagine the media frenzy right now to get us a bunch of national games..Gotta love it!!! Favre mania!!!

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 10:21 PM
I have to say, with $10 mil on the table and records still to achieve, he'd be stupid not to come back, even if the current Packer talent level is shaky. To me, this is a no-brainer for him. He was just trying to make a dramatic entrance. Push it off until the draft. This will be the headline throughout the next couple of days and will be thrown about by all of the progs and sports talking heads.

Either way, this is good news. Gotta wonder what took him so long. Or why he decided to make the announcement now. Almost nothing at his level is unplanned.

I just hope he actually HAS been working with a trainer (and not just working on his John Deere).

tyler

Murphy37
04-25-2006, 10:22 PM
There's a party goin on right here
A celebration
to last throughout the year
Gonna take your good times
and your laughter too
Were gonna celebrate and party with you
Come on and
Celllllllllllllllllllllllllebration
Come on celebrate and have a good time
Celllllllllllebration
Come on and celebrate and have a GOOD time
It's time to come together
It's up to you
What's your pleasure
everyone around the world come on
WOOO HOOO
We're gonna have a good time
Celebrate good times
Come on!

Joemailman
04-25-2006, 10:22 PM

Not You too?! :shock:

GBRulz
04-25-2006, 10:24 PM
YAY !!!!!!!

OMFG - I just got home from being out with a friend for a couple drinks and Aaron Rodgers told us that we would happy about an upcoming announcement. THIS is what he was talking about!!!!!

Long story about Arod, but I sent an email to some of you guys....

Ok, I already have my request in for tickets for the last home game of the year. I am SO there !!!

Murphy37
04-25-2006, 10:25 PM
Damm Nutz, you have pretty good stamina. I'm usually done before I get my pants off.

BF4MVP
04-25-2006, 10:25 PM
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

CMON TD RECORD!!!!!

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 10:26 PM
Damm Nutz, you have pretty good stamina. I'm usually done before I get my pants off.

Murph, your location says you're from parts unknown. I find that hard to believe. Sounds like your parts are quite known.

tyler

Joemailman
04-25-2006, 10:27 PM
YAY !!!!!!!

OMFG - I just got home from being out with a friend for a couple drinks and Aaron Rodgers told us that we would happy about an upcoming announcement. THIS is what he was talking about!!!!!

Ok, I already have my request in for tickets for the last home game of the year. I am SO there !!!

Are TT's tires safe for now? :wink:

Bretsky
04-25-2006, 10:28 PM

YESSSSSSSSS; now to make the day complete I'll have to go to the Big Screen, which is working today, to watch lesby flicks.

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 10:30 PM
I suspect Favre dropped this bomb tonight just to screw me over. I'm supposed to be studying up on a system my firm just bought. I'm far too preoccupied now. DAMN YOU FAVRE!

:D

tyler

Joemailman
04-25-2006, 10:30 PM

YESSSSSSSSS; now to make the day complete I'll have to go to the Big Screen, which is working today, to watch lesby flicks.

Like you really needed a reason. :roll:

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 10:31 PM

I think ALL of the planets aligned in the last hour.

Bretsky got his big screen working.
Nutz and murph are masturbating.
Favre is returning.

Did gas drop to below a buck too? Wishful thinking.

tyler

GBRulz
04-25-2006, 10:32 PM
YAY !!!!!!!

Are TT's tires safe for now? :wink:

Joe, can I answer that after the draft? lol

billy_oliver880
04-25-2006, 10:32 PM
YAY! :D :D

Deputy Nutz
04-25-2006, 10:33 PM
Ok I am back, it was a little messy, but the dog licked most of it up.

Anyways, Brett is going to come back refreshed and ready to go. Super Bowl here we come!!!!

Ok I am still a little loopy.

Murphy37
04-25-2006, 10:33 PM

Murph, your location says you're from parts unknown. I find that hard to believe. Sounds like your parts are quite known.

tyler

If I remeber correctly, old school pro wrestlers like "George the Animal Steele" were from parts unknown. That's where I got it from.

Who gives a shit right now. The gunslinger is comin back for another season. Side arms, narrow escapes, kick ass td's and nasty int's, jaw jackin, and ass slappin, many cheers, many tears, and a shitload of ice cold beers. Welcome back #4.

Deputy Nutz
04-25-2006, 10:34 PM
YAY !!!!!!!

I didn't get no email.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2006, 10:35 PM

WTF? Please explain. You were having a drink and Aaron Rodgers with a friend?

jack's smirking revenge

tyler

If I remeber correctly, old school pro wrestlers like "George the Animal Steele" were from parts unknown. That's where I got it from.

Who gives a shit right now. The gunslinger is comin back for another season. Side arms, narrow escapes, kick ass td's and nasty int's, jaw jackin, and ass slappin, many cheers, many tears, and a shitload of ice cold beers. Welcome back #4.

Guess I was referring to "other parts". Trying to be sarcastic, given your recent "excitment". :D

Truedat. Welcome back #4.

tyler

GrnBay007

Not You too?! :shock:

lol u sickie! :razz:

I did wake up my son and tell him though. He asked if I was joking.....lol

MacCool606
#4 without an O.C named Rossely could equal something special

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 10:36 PM
#4 with a zone blocking scheme that kept him from a SB victory in 1998 could be sweet...

tyler

GrnBay007
04-25-2006, 10:37 PM
YAY !!!!!!!

LOL that's so cool Michele!!! I'm reading your email thinking......omg.....she doesn't know yet!!!!!!!

Great pics too!! You are so lucky to live in GB!!!!!!

Deputy Nutz
#4 without an O.C named Rossely could equal something special

Hay, you might be on to something there.

Bretsky

Put the bullet away you perv; my innocence is being corroded with multiple chicks sayhing woooooooooohoooooooooo now. :evil:

Homer Jay
04-25-2006, 10:40 PM
I am thrilled to know that we will get to watch # 4 under center for the Green and Gold for one more year. I was hoping for his return, I would have understood if he had decided to retire, but for me the best part is that we wont have to read or hear anymore about how Brett wanted to be traded to a team with a chance at winning. If he had decided to retire I would have said thanks for the memories, but the thought of him in another uniform about made me ill.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2006, 10:41 PM
LOL that's so cool Michele!!! I'm reading your email thinking......omg.....she doesn't know yet!!!!!!!

I didn't get no stinkin' email.

GBRulz
YAY !!!!!!!

No, I didn't know when I sent that email! Ss soon as I got home, I transferred the pics from my phone to my computer so I could email them.

That explains why Aaron left kind of abruptly, he must have known ESPN was going to announce it and didn't want to be there, I dunno. Then we left shortly after he did. i get home and my phone is ringing off the hook with people asking me if I heard about Brett.

Murphy37
This place is going to be hoppin in the next few weeks. I better hit the hay before someone around here stains my Favre Jersey. Night all.

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 10:42 PM
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/rlussier/Images/Babycha.gif

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Even bald kids are happy about this announcement. :D

tyler

GrnBay007
04-25-2006, 10:44 PM

I didn't get no stinkin' email.

She was out socializing with ARod!!!!! He told her the fans would be happy about an upcomming announcement.

CyclonePackFan
04-25-2006, 10:44 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSS

I'm gonna paraphrase Howard Dean here...

AND WE'RE GONNA GO TO LAMBEAU, AND DETROIT, AND PHILADELPHIA, AND MIAMI, AND WE'RE GONNA GO TO BUFFALO AND MINNESOTA AND SEATTLE AND WE'RE GONNA GO TO SAN FRANCISCO AND CHICAGO, THEN WE'RE GONNA GO THROUGH THE PLAYOFFS AND TAKE BACK THE LOMBARDI TROPHY!

YEAHHHHHHHH!

A man can dream...

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2006, 10:46 PM
Cyclone,

That made me laugh.

It's Lambert Field though.

GBRulz
04-25-2006, 10:49 PM
ticket prices just skyrocketed for this season....the scalpers must love this announcement

MJZiggy
04-25-2006, 10:50 PM
I just can't bring myself to go to bed. I know I won't sleep anyways.

GrnBay007
04-25-2006, 10:51 PM
ticket prices just skyrocketed for this season....the scalpers must love this announcement

SOOOOOO TELL US......WHAT WAS AROD LIKE?

Joemailman
04-25-2006, 10:52 PM
Cyclone,

That made me laugh.

I know we're really getting off topic here, buy I think it was Kerry who said Lambert.

CyclonePackFan
04-25-2006, 10:53 PM
Cyclone,

That made me laugh.

I'm pretty sure that the "Lambert Field" was Kerry. Heh, I have a buddy who has Dean going nuts as his startup sound for his computer. I don't care right now, I'm going to get very, very drunk.

MJZiggy
04-25-2006, 10:54 PM
THIS IS NO TIME FOR OFF TOPIC!!! (but I think you're right--mixed it up with Army's facilities)

BF4MVP
04-25-2006, 10:54 PM
Hmmmm...I didn't get it..Weird..................... :cry:

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 10:56 PM
Off-topic, but I'm dismayed as well GBMichele. I thought we were tight like that. No Xmas card for you this year.

:wink:

tyler

imscott72
04-25-2006, 10:59 PM

Yup. good luck scoring an endzone seat for less than 2 bills..

MJZiggy
04-25-2006, 11:00 PM
Did you send/receive (it took a good minute to figure out how to say that without one of these pervs twisting it) :oops:

RashanGary
04-25-2006, 11:01 PM
I have this ear to ear grin that I cannot whipe off my face. I'm not a Favre die hard like some but boy it's nice to hear he's back. It'll be fun to see him run down the all time NFL passing records.

GBRulz
04-25-2006, 11:04 PM

Arod was at the Sideline Sports Bar tonight and we hung out with him because I knew the guy he was with.

and I don't have your email, BF !!

GBRulz
04-25-2006, 11:07 PM
Off-topic, but I'm dismayed as well GBMichele. I thought we were tight like that. No Xmas card for you this year.

:wink:

tyler

Oh yeah? I'm still waiting for last years card. I received the fruit cake you sent me..but I would have rather had the card. I'm sure they would have tasted the same, too :wink:

GBRulz
04-25-2006, 11:08 PM
I have this ear to ear grin that I cannot whipe off my face. I'm not a Favre die hard like some but boy it's nice to hear he's back. It'll be fun to see him run down the all time NFL passing records.

Do you think Marino is happy about him returning?

After I heard Dan rip on favre after the Fergy incident, I felt like he has some animosity towards him....

MJZiggy
04-25-2006, 11:09 PM
I hope he shreds every record Marino ever set...!

RashanGary
04-25-2006, 11:11 PM
LOL...Marino is probably sooooo jelous. NOt only is Favre going to run down his unmatched passing records but Favre is going to have more games won and a super bowl ring.

Favre can solidify his place as a top 5 QB with one more good year. He'll pass Marino for sure becuase he has no rings.

Joemailman
04-25-2006, 11:12 PM
Marino has one record Favre will never break...most TD passes without winning a Super Bowl. :mrgreen:

GBRulz
04-25-2006, 11:13 PM
Marino has one record Favre will never break...most TD passes without winning a Super Bowl. :mrgreen:

true, but Manning might claim that prize someday :wink:

Homer Jay
04-25-2006, 11:13 PM
I suspect Danny Boy is the unhappiest man in America. There is a pretty good chance more of his records will be usurped by one Mr. Brett Favre.

If things go like I think they will, Marino will be left with most yards and that's about it. So long Dan, we hardly knew ye.

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 11:14 PM

Perhaps, but lets see how he does without a game-dominating RB. Dominic Rhodes is no Edge. We all know how well Favre has fared without a consistent running game. If the Colts become one-dimensional, then I suspect Manning will suffer.

tyler

GBRulz
04-25-2006, 11:15 PM
Did Favre indicate that this is indeed his last year?

What if by some small miracle GB goes deep in the playoffs and could be an even better team in '07...think he comes back?

I can't go through another waiting game though !!

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 11:16 PM
From what I read, he said that 2006 is his last year, no matter what. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2421947. Who knows what he'll really do though.

tyler

GBRulz
04-25-2006, 11:16 PM

Perhaps, but lets see how he does without a game-dominating RB. Dominic Rhodes is no Edge. We all know how well Favre has fared without a consistent running game. If the Colts become one-dimensional, then I suspect Manning will suffer.

tyler

true, but as long as he has Harrison to throw to, he'll still be putting up some good numbers.

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 11:18 PM
True. The Colts offense will always be potent, but for as long as Manning as been there, they've been a three-headed monster. You always had to account for Edge. This should be an interesting fantasy year for the Colts offense. I'm not sure what to expect.

tyler

GBRulz
04-25-2006, 11:20 PM
True. The Colts offense will always be potent, but for as long as Manning as been there, they've been a three-headed monster. You always had to account for Edge. This should be an interesting fantasy year for the Colts offense. I'm not sure what to expect.

tyler

hmm...how about the NFC championship game at home...game is on the line and Vin misses wide right against his former team?

BF4MVP
04-25-2006, 11:21 PM

Arod was at the Sideline Sports Bar tonight and we hung out with him because I knew the guy he was with.

and I don't have your email, BF !!
That's fuckin sweet!

Damn I thought my email was in my profile...

Edit: it is

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 11:21 PM
What a dreamy scenario for the Pats....

tyler

GBRulz
04-25-2006, 11:25 PM
BF, when I click on your profile, I don't see your email. Am I missing something? :)

Joemailman
04-25-2006, 11:25 PM

What if by some small miracle GB goes deep in the playoffs and could be an even better team in '07...think he comes back?

I don't even think it would take a strong playoff run. If the Packers finish strong, and there is a lot of optimism going into 2007, I don't think Favre will walk away.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2006, 11:28 PM
Favre's going to play until he's 40. What else does he have to do.

BF4MVP
04-25-2006, 11:29 PM
BF, when I click on your profile, I don't see your email. Am I missing something? :)
Never mind, it's not...I saw it there, but it was under "registration information"...

I'm just retarded haha..

Bretsky
04-25-2006, 11:29 PM

I don't even think it would take a strong playoff run. If the Packers finish strong, and there is a lot of optimism going into 2007, I don't think Favre will walk away.

I AGREE; Favre still loves the game and if the season shows promise he'll be back another year.

Guiness
04-25-2006, 11:30 PM
wow - why not just announce it on a random Wednesday night, eh?

Damn. I really better get to a game this year. Methinks I'll be in Buffalo on Nov 5th 8-)

Homer Jay
04-25-2006, 11:30 PM
Lets face it. Brett Favre is already holding the Packer organization hostage. How can they possibly know how many reps to give ARod in training camp if they don't know whether or not he will be back next season. Damn this is getting sickening.

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 11:32 PM
I was just about to make that comment. So, if we do decent next year, we'll be in the same situation next year, waiting around for Brett to decide whether or not the team is good enough for him.

Well, I'm not going to think about that now. We've got 2006 to be excited about. I push aside my postseason frustration until this time next year. The next few days could do A LOT to determine how talented this team will be in 2006.

tyler

Bretsky
04-25-2006, 11:32 PM
Favre simply needed to rewrite final chapterBy John Clayton
ESPN.com
Archive

Packers coach Mike McCarthy can rest a lot easier. General manager Ted Thompson can report to his Lambeau Field office now without having to feel his offseason moves will determine whether he has Brett Favre as the Packers' quarterback.

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Favre will be back for the 2006 season, and no one should be surprised. From the very first month when Favre sat down with Mort and questioned whether he was going to retire, it was inevitable he was going to return for his 16th and final season. Why? Because he can.

Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images
Brett Favre is looking for one last shot at Super Bowl glory.
At 36, Favre is blessed with the one thing Hall of Fame quarterbacks wish they had: The health to come back for one last season. Many Hall of Famers couldn't, and it nagged at them. Remember how Troy Aikman struggled with the idea that he could come back from his chronic back problems? Joe Montana didn't take the idea well that the 49ers thought he was done, so he went to the Chiefs for a couple years.

Though Farve may have lost some of the confidence in his legs in the past two seasons, he still had the arm and healthy body to complete 61 percent of his passes for more than 3,880 yards last season, and that's with the biggest void of receiving talent he's worked with in years.

Here was Favre's point in taking so long to decide whether to return: He wants to retire playing in a Packers uniform, and he wants to finish as a winner. Last year's 4-12 season destroyed him mentally. As he told Mort in January, his mind struggled during games. For the first time in more than a decade, his contributions meant little. The Packers were out of the playoff race early. The more he threw, the less he accomplished.

Since teaming with Mike Holmgren in the 1990s, Favre was all about winning. Every year, he felt his arm could carry him to a Super Bowl. He succeeded twice, winning once. The consecutive-game starting streak and the impressive statistics were nice, but Favre cared little about regular-season stats. He cared about the playoffs. How he finished meant more to him than what got the Packers into the playoffs.

Hall of Fame quarterbacks are a different breed, and there is no debate Favre will be a first-ballot Hall of Famer. He's won three MVP awards, and his consecutive-game streak makes him the Cal Ripken of football. Favre, like most Hall of Fame quarterbacks, judges the season by how he finishes. Those playoffs losses hurt. Those playoff loses at Lambeau hurt even more.

For Hall of Fame quarterbacks, it's all about the finish. Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw came back and played an extra season with a bad elbow because his final throw the previous season was an interception His final game was on a Saturday against the Jets. He played a little more than a quarter and threw two touchdown passes. Then he blew out his elbow for good. Though he waited until the next June to decide to retire, he at least had the satisfaction that one of his final NFL passes was a touchdown pass.

Favre struggled with the idea his final season was going to be for another 4-12 Packers team in which he would be remembered only for interceptions. Retired Packers tight end Mark Chmura called Favre selfish. He's right. Hall of Fame quarterbacks are a little selfish. They care about image. They care about how they are remembered. Name a player at any position on the field who doesn't care about how he is remembered.

The difference with quarterbacks is that they are under scrutiny every single play. No offensive play starts until the quarterback gets the ball. Every pass, every completion, every fumble is judged. Favre clearly didn't like going out with a 29-interception season, but he worried about coming back and having another one.

So he put the pressure on the Packers' front office to give him a sign they could be good. Unfortunately, Thompson likes to build through the draft. His ventures into free agency have been weak at best. Favre got excited enough about the possible signing of LaVar Arrington to call Arrington on the phone and try to recruit him.

Arrington went to the Giants. The Packers are working on something with Charles Woodson. They are expected to draft linebacker A.J. Hawk, but they could surprise Favre and give him tight end Vernon Davis. In the end, though, Favre decided the chance to play one more season was enough.

From the timing standpoint, Favre is fine. Had he let this decision go past next week's mini-camp, he would have been be wrong. The players on the Packers need to know Favre is there for them. Tuesday's decision is timely enough.

A lot of people in the state of Wisconsin are feeling a lot better.

John Clayton is a senior writer for ESPN.com.

RashanGary
04-25-2006, 11:34 PM
I think we could win 8 this year....Wow the first kool aid of the new season. ehhh tastes good.

GBRulz
04-25-2006, 11:35 PM
Lets face it. Brett Favre is already holding the Packer organization hostage. How can they possibly know how many reps to give ARod in training camp if they don't know whether or not he will be back next season. Damn this is getting sickening.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I don't think the Packers would have done anything differently whether they knew he was coming back or not. Had he waited until after the draft, then yes, I would think they might snag a QB 1st.

Talk about holding an organization hostage - look at what JW is doing.

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 11:37 PM
You knew Favre's announcement had to be upstanded... Man, could she have waited ONE MORE DAY!?

tyler

(just thought this was funny considering our talk about "one more")

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Report: Britney Spears is pregnant again
Baby would be second for her and husband Kevin Federline

Britney Spears is pregnant with her second child with husband Kevin Federline, the Web site of Us Weekly is reporting.

According to the Us weblog, Spears was spotted at the swimming pool of the Caesar's Palace casino in Las Vegas over the weekend and was visibly pregnant. Sources then confirmed the pregnancy to the magazine.

Spears, 24, and Federline, 28, have been married since September 2004. Their first child, son Sean, is seven months old.

Federline has two children from his previous relationship to Shar Jackson.

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 11:39 PM

I don't think the Packers would have done anything differently whether they knew he was coming back or not. Had he waited until after the draft, then yes, I would think they might snag a QB 1st.

I don't see JW as holding anyone hostage anymore. If the press terms this as a bidding war for the injured receiver, then our bounty from trading him should be sweet. JWalk may never return to pre-injury form. His future is a gamble that we should let some else play dice with.

In the meantime, let's stock up on young studs that ACTUALLY want to play for the Packers...

tyler

GBRulz
04-25-2006, 11:42 PM
ok, gonna go attempt to get some sleep, but I'm pretty wound up tonight!

I see many Packer fans having a late night tonight. TC all

Homer Jay
04-25-2006, 11:42 PM

Honest, I was just kidding. I had no problem with him taking as long as he wanted to decide, and, if waiting this long helped the decision to return then I would be more than happy to wait til April, 25th next year for the same outcome.

The only thing that got sickening was all the people who decided they knew more than MM, TT and Brett Favre about when the decision should be made.

RashanGary
04-25-2006, 11:43 PM
Later Shelly

GBRulz
04-25-2006, 11:44 PM
The only thing that got sickening was all the people who decided they knew more than MM, TT and Brett Favre when the decision should be made.

amen to that !

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 11:44 PM
What does TC mean? Pardon my ignoranamus. (I just made that word up).

tyler

GBRulz
04-25-2006, 11:45 PM
Later Shelly

DON'T call me Shelly...or wait, you prolly knew that, which is why you did. Niters ya smart ass :wink:

Bretsky
04-25-2006, 11:48 PM
What does TC mean? Pardon my ignoranamus. (I just made that word up).

tyler

I don't know either, and I'm not smart enoough to figure it out. My instincts say the C should stand for chick but then I only find the T standing for dirty things.

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 11:50 PM
In absence of a definition for TC, I am going to slip into a Jack Daniels slumber and dream of super bowl trophies and TD records. And, hopefully, visions of sugar plums named Scarlett Johansen and Naomi Watts will dance in my head. Night all.

tyler

No Mo Moss
04-26-2006, 12:31 AM
knew it.

MadtownPacker
04-26-2006, 01:58 AM
No surprised other then it being announced before the draft. Maybe TT already has a teams to trade with?

OK so who gots a ticket for sale? How do I get to the stadium from Madison? I gonna stay at Harlan's house so if anyone wants to come over to get wasted and trash the place let me know.

Tarlam!
04-26-2006, 04:20 AM
TC = Take Care...

Rastak
04-26-2006, 06:31 AM
Just heard the news myself.....glad you guys are fired up! I wonder if Tex who insisted over and over that Favre had a secret deal with Green Bay which wouldn't be announced till after the draft will admit he himself is a dipshit now that the news is realeased BEFORE the draft. Anyway, it seemed Favre wanted to see some moves made and not too many were, ecspecially on the OL.
So basically some of the criteria he seemed to lay down wasn't real after all. I wonder why he needed to drag this out if none of it was real. I also wonder if you all get to go through the same stuff next year. Oh well, moot point, you get to watch him this year and the draft is this weekrend!

Time enough in January to worry about that crap.

Rastak
04-26-2006, 06:34 AM

If he said in January he was quiting you're telling me Thompson wouldn't have need to grab a vet QB as soon as free agency opened? Well, knowing Thompson, you could be right, he might have just drafted a rook as #2.

Rastak
04-26-2006, 06:45 AM
From profootballtalk.com - (he thinks the Pack has outside shot at playoffs)

LORD FAVRE (YAWN) IS COMING BACK

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre informed the team on Tuesday that he'll be returning for the 2006 season.

Anyone who has been coming to this site for the past month or so knows that this is old news. Indeed, we've just heard from our original source regarding the "Favre is returning" story that the more accurate characterization of the development is that Favre gave the team permission on Tuesday to announce publicly that which the organization already has known.

Though we never could quite figure out Favre's motivation for telling the team that he was coming back but not officially granting the team authority to say so, the simple reality could be that (as former teammate Mark Chmura suggested a few weeks back) Favre likes the attention.

And plenty of it he got.

At one point, we concluded that Favre's public questioning of the team's failure to make a splash in free agency was aimed at securing for himself a no-lose proposition in 2006. If the team sucks, he gets no blame. If the team is good, he gets all of the credit. So even though the chances of pulling an Elway are low, climbing back to the top of an undermanned NFC North could, given the low level of expectations, provide the same kind of feel-good final chapter to Favre's career.

Indeed, what has the team done since Favre's April 8 presser about nothing, where he called for the team to sign an impact free agent? Under his own stated reasoning, he rightly should have quit.

Frankly, we doubted our report that Favre was returning only once, in the wake of that press conference. But our source promptly informed us that the Packers had given the NFL specific assurances that Favre would be back before the NFL handed the team three prime time appearances in 2006.

And with the expectations now appropriately lowered in Green Bay, allow us to be the first to predict that the Packers won't be as bad as most pundits presume they will be. We'll predict at least a 9-7 record in Favre's final season, with an outside shot at a playoff berth.

MJZiggy
04-26-2006, 07:55 AM
I was just at BF's website and they make us look like suicide risks. I think some of them might have actually begun levitating.

Tarlam!
04-26-2006, 08:07 AM
I was just at BF's website and they make us look like suicide risks. I think some of them might have actually begun levitating.

Fing Funny, Zig! :lol:

Scott Campbell
04-26-2006, 09:09 AM

That's a question for another day. Or perhaps for another entire offseason. But today we've got him for another 16 games.

mraynrand
04-26-2006, 09:13 AM
"But today we've got him for another 16 games."

Another optimist!

MJZiggy
04-26-2006, 09:15 AM
Optimists exist. We had an Optimistic Realist thread on jso with a decent amount of members a while back. Who was all in that again?

Scott Campbell
04-26-2006, 09:21 AM
"But today we've got him for another 16 games."

Another optimist!

An optomist might have said 19 games.

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2006, 09:43 AM
Favre is back for 2006 and that will be it. So get out your cameras and get your TIVO and DVR ready, because this will be the last time you see him until Canton.

MJZiggy
04-26-2006, 09:59 AM
From the Team:

Packers Pleased That Favre Is Returning

by Jeff Harding, Packers.com
posted 04/26/2006

Ending months of rampant media speculation, Packers quarterback Brett Favre Tuesday confirmed his intention to play for the team this year. Of course, as Favre himself would say, he never had said that he wasn't planning a return to the field.

"The Green Bay Packers are very pleased that Brett has come to this decision, and look forward to a successful 2006 season," said Ted Thompson, the team's executive vice president, general manager and director of football operations.

Favre, who enters his 15th season as the team's starting quarterback, looks to add to his consecutive regular-season starts streak of 221, an NFL record among quarterbacks. He also likely will have the opportunity to break several significant NFL passing records in 2006, including Dan Marino's all-time mark for career touchdown passes. With 396, Favre enters this year only 25 TD throws from surpassing Marino's total of 420; Favre has thrown for 25-or-more scores in four of the past five seasons.

swede
04-26-2006, 10:27 AM
No surprised other then it being announced before the draft. Maybe TT already has a teams to trade with?

I agree, Mad.

I also think that if TT has targeted one of the quarterbacks that Favre's return will probably have no bearing on what TT does at #5. If he really likes VY. let's say, then how would Favre's coming back change anything? He'll still pick VY. ARod--as he has said himself, somewhat surprisingly, would be the odd man out whose days in Greeen Bay are numbered.

Could ARod be involved in a draft day trade now?

Fritz
04-26-2006, 11:03 AM
I'm going to save up my pennies so I can get me some tickets to see Favre when he comes to Ford Field next fall. I'm taking my daughter with me, so she can say, someday, that she had a chance to see the great Brett Favre in person.

He's back. As anguished as I - and a lot of us - were, it was worth the wait.

Now if TT can work some draft day magic (get a second rounder for JWalk, trade down and get some extra second/third round picks) we'll be in business.

GBRulz
04-26-2006, 05:14 PM
I'm going to save up my pennies so I can get me some tickets to see Favre when he comes to Ford Field next fall. I'm taking my daughter with me, so she can say, someday, that she had a chance to see the great Brett Favre in person.

He's back. As anguished as I - and a lot of us - were, it was worth the wait.

Now if TT can work some draft day magic (get a second rounder for JWalk, trade down and get some extra second/third round picks) we'll be in business.

have you seen ticket prices on eBay all of a sudden for packer tickets? To hell with saving pennies...you'll need a couple Benjamins to get tickets...at least at Lambeau...might still be pennies at Detroit though, lol

woodbuck27
06-01-2006, 12:46 PM

Hahahahahahahaha! Tooooo funny !!

My puter became very ill around April 8/06 and I just got it repaired and back up last evening. I am just now reading all I can, to catch up on all the Packer latest or 'the details'.

Friends / Packer Fans from "the Maritimes" called me with the news on Brett returning for 2006 and it was all the news on the Sports Broadcasts up here.

That NEWS of coarse, was pleasing to hear, finally.

I am still trying to grab all the details on the Javon Walker move to the Broncos and TT's moves to expand OUR Draft choices from 7-12. He did very well there.

Glad we signed Charles Woodson and overall we got alot done that I wish I could have cheered about with you fellas. I was 'off line', 8 weeks to the day yesterday.

Go Packers ! 25 more TD's Brett.

K-town
06-01-2006, 01:04 PM
Welcome back Woodbuck!

woodbuck27
06-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Welcome back Woodbuck!

Thanks K-town . A TON to catch up on. Reading all I can at the present to get there. Just read through the Season's prediction thread and in a few days will make my early guess there.

Any real improvement, will of coarse depend on shoring up OUR OL and TT made efforts there in the Draft. We still need a vet @ Guard.

I am pleased with the drafting of AJ Hawk and Abdul Hodge to fortify a weakened LBer position. Also, NFL ready WR Greg Jennings may offer a fine target for Favre as well.

Pickett, Manual and C.Woodson should bolster OUR improved "D" from last seasons Raaaaaalllllpppphhhh.

I do believe barring the disasterous injuries we saw last Season, that the Packers could surprise - especially if Favre and Ahman Green respond to their potential, but the key again is the success of the new Zone Blocking Scheme and the OL. It's all set up by the running game.

Bretsky
06-02-2006, 12:51 AM
Welcome back Woodbuck!

Thanks K-town . A TON to catch up on. Reading all I can at the present to get there. Just read through the Season's prediction thread and in a few days will make my early guess there.

Any real improvement, will of coarse depend on shoring up OUR OL and TT made efforts there in the Draft. We still need a vet @ Guard.

I am pleased with the drafting of AJ Hawk and Abdul Hodge to fortify a weakened LBer position. Also, NFL ready WR Greg Jennings may offer a fine target for Favre as well.

Pickett, Manual and C.Woodson should bolster OUR improved "D" from last seasons Raaaaaalllllpppphhhh.

I do believe barring the disasterous injuries we saw last Season, that the Packers could surprise - especially if Favre and Ahman Green respond to their potential, but the key again is the success of the new Zone Blocking Scheme and the OL. It's all set up by the running game.

Wood,

Welcome Back; a couple weeks ago we were all wondering where the heck you went to. I was worried you became a Viking fan or something.

You missed out on a heck of a draft day thread with over 2G in posts. I think TT is making some good moves in the right direction.

Harlan Huckleby
06-02-2006, 03:06 AM
Why, I was just sentimentalizing about the time that the Huck & Buck Show blew Nutz & Boltz out of the water. Those guys are still bitter. But that's Show Business.

MadtownPacker
06-02-2006, 07:43 AM
Whats up Woody?

woodbuck27
06-02-2006, 08:14 AM
Wood,

Welcome Back; a couple weeks ago we were all wondering where the heck you went to. I was worried you became a Viking fan or something.

You missed out on a heck of a draft day thread with over 2G in posts. I think TT is making some good moves in the right direction.

Hi Bretsky:

They say never say never but woodbuck27 and Vikings will not wash. I was disappointed that due to circumstances beyond my control that I missed April 29/30. A friend of the Lady's came onboard ' to solve ' a terrible problem with pop-ups and clawed the "H" out of my Windows PRO System. For some reason "this Computer Genious" got the words disable and delete mixed up and deleted the Anti-Virus System and all that contributed to excluding me from the WW Web - shuting me down.I've gone to Windows XP to see if that clicks.

I was in the dark as far as OUR Draft till about the week following when Friends/Packer Fans clued me in. I don't have TSN and up here in Montreal it's too much hockey. I'm just now trying to assess it and see how we graded out but I believe we have improved. Loving the Hawk,Hodge Jennings picks. Maybe more help on the OL as well, but TT has to get more experience there, as a priority.

The Javon Walker trade isn't all I hoped for, as all I see at present is three extra bodies and no #1 WR but we all must hope that T/G Daryn Colledge, DT Johnny Jolly 'a strong character guy' and CB / (WR - NFL) Will Blackmon will produce. The toughest of us on this Forum would have stuck Javon in the trash bin, so at least we came away from his EGO NEEDS with prospects.

Bretsky. Not trying to pound wind up you tail man but why is it that I agree so frequently with your contributions here. Your thoughts may as well be mine,LOL.

This Forum is loaded with awesome Packer fans - people who not only LOVE the Pack but have 'the inside' on the team. The past couple of days I've really enjoyed reading the contributions of some newer members and the Vets get better all the time. I love this Forum - I have faith it won't go - to the dogs as many do. This forum has the earmarks of being the BEST as things continue, as we are seeing them at present.

GO Packers and Packer Rats.

woodbuck27
06-02-2006, 08:28 AM
Why, I was just sentimentalizing about the time that the Huck & Buck Show blew Nutz & Boltz out of the water. Those guys are still bitter. But that's Show Business.

Hi Harlan:

HH , that is so long ago I forget how we were scripted or NOT. LOL

It all comes down to chemistry though and I must say that reading the responses of Nutz and Murph to "Favre is returning" took a special place inside of me. I loved that thread. I never would have believed that Nutz was that sentimentle. He's a real softy, and Murph gets my vote as one of Brett's BEST Fans. Wooooppps - I'll get alot of arguement there.

Harlan - Favre's timing better not be that bad once the Season rolls around. I thought he would declare just after the draft but maybe he was simply saying to all of us, that he had 100% confidence in TT and M3 by declaring when he did.

woodbuck27
06-02-2006, 08:37 AM
Whats up Woody?

Hi MadtownPacker:

I must say that after an 8 week absence and coming back here, as my very first choice during my first trek back to the Web - this site is simply AWESOME.

Congratuations Mad and to all other key people here and really to all the contributors for making PACKERRATS.COM really something SPECIAL.

I very much appreciate it. THANKS.

GO Packers .

Guiness
06-02-2006, 08:59 AM
Good to see the other Canuck back Woodbuck! It's hard to carry that Maple Leaf around myself all the time 8-) Hopefully, we'll have Ryan to help us soon.

So you missed the draft and everything - that must've near killed you. And there were those around here who thought you might well be dead, you disappeared so fast!

So you let some 'expert' friend work on your computer, eh? I'll never understand why people are so unwilling to pay money to get a pro to fix their PC. You wouldn't let a shady tree mechanic look at your fuel injection system, would you? Sorry - not giving you a hard time, everybody does it.

woodbuck27
06-02-2006, 09:30 AM
Good to see the other Canuck back Woodbuck! It's hard to carry that Maple Leaf around myself all the time 8-) Hopefully, we'll have Ryan to help us soon.

So you missed the draft and everything - that must've near killed you. And there were those around here who thought you might well be dead, you disappeared so fast!

So you let some 'expert' friend work on your computer, eh? I'll never understand why people are so unwilling to pay money to get a pro to fix their PC. You wouldn't let a shady tree mechanic look at your fuel injection system, would you? Sorry - not giving you a hard time, everybody does it.

Hi Guiness:

What part of OUR humble land are you from? Something you posted recently told me you must live in Canada.

Yes that thing with "the Lady and her puter expert Friend" sent me straight to the PSYCHO Ward - almost. I had no idea that repair meant sabotage, LOL. No computer pour moi spells lost.

I can laugh now , but we work so hard to prepare for the draft and to miss that really sucked.

I am so careful with what sites I entertain and "the Lady and her trusted companions" are all over the map. That = SPYWARE. That = Virus's.

I was shocked to find the Norton Corporate Edition Anti-Virus had been deleted and the system was in total disarray as I worked on it for several hours to try to repair and restore some firewall / Anti Virus System protection and repair the registry.

The system simply crashed.