PDA

View Full Version : Offbeat News

GBRulz
03-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Share you daily offbeat news stories here :lol:

Woman attacked over parking space
A 30-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for disorderly conduct after allegedly attacking another woman over a parking space Sunday at Target.

The woman allegedly choked the victim and pulled her hair after the victim pulled into a parking space about to be claimed by the woman's husband.

According to police:

The victim said she was driving in the parking lot aisles at the store, 3900 N. 124th St., at around 2 p.m. March 4 searching for a space to park. She spotted an open space and parked her vehicle.

But a woman and her husband were apparently planning to pull into the same spot and had just backed up in order to make the turn into the same space.

After the victim pulled into the space, the Milwaukee woman got out of her car and approached the victim.

She walked up to the victim's vehicle and started yelling at her, using profanities and calling her stupid. The victim suggested to the woman that her husband should have put his blinker on so she would have known he was waiting for that spot.

The woman started wagging her finger at the victim through the open window and eventually grabbed her around the neck, choked her and pulled her hair.

According to the victim, the attack lasted for about one minute.

The woman then got back into the car with her husband and they drove to another parking space and entered the store. The victim found a security guard and asked that police be called.

Two witnesses corroborated the victim's story though the woman and her husband both claimed there was only finger wagging and never any physical contact.

After being informed that there were witnesses, the officer wrote in his report that the woman immediately changed her demeanor, demanded to see a videotape of the incident and photos of the woman's injuries and said, "I'm black. I know what this is about."

The victim was white. The two witnesses to the incident were both black.

The woman was issued a municipal citation for disorderly conduct with a court date of April 4. She was released at the police department on $200 bail.

Joemailman
03-06-2007, 03:07 PM
I thought this kind of stuff only happened at the start of the Christmas shopping season. :shock:

AtlPackFan
03-06-2007, 03:56 PM
God, I know where that Target is...we shopped there often in our Milwaukee/Wauwatosa days. Geez, its March...how damn crowded could the lot be?! Walk people...its good for you!!!!!

Iron Mike
03-06-2007, 06:33 PM
There's at least 6 off-beat news stories on the front page of the local paper:

http://www.fdlreporter.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

Joemailman
03-06-2007, 06:42 PM
You mean like this one?

FdL man says he's a werewolf

Former prison inmate faces several charges

The Reporter Staff

A Fond du Lac man who claimed he was a werewolf and spoke what sounded like a medieval language has been charged with criminal trespassing, criminal damage to property, disorderly conduct and possession of marijuana.

A $5,000 cash bail was ordered for Robert Marsh, 39 — who lists his address as the Fond du Lac County Jail — during an appearance Friday in Fond du Lac County Circuit Court.

A woman who lives on West Division Street contacted Fond du Lac police about 3 a.m. March 1 and reported that Marsh broke through the deadbolt on her door and grabbed her arm but was stopped by two men in the apartment, according to a criminal complaint.

Marsh was released from prison a few days prior to the incident and the woman had allowed Marsh to stay with her because he was homeless, according to the report.

During the time Marsh stayed at the home he had not slept, was drinking and often incoherent. He stated that he was a werewolf, had powers and was involved in a witch religion, the woman told police.

When Marsh was located he had a small amount of marijuana on him and warned authorities that he could change forms, the complaint said.

If convicted of all charges the defendant faces a maximum of almost eight years in prison and more than $21,000 in fines.

His next court date is 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 14.

Charles Woodson
03-06-2007, 07:03 PM
rea girl calls 911 to report grandpa cheating at cards

The Reporter Staff

TOWN OF BURNETT — A 7-year-old girl who thought she was getting the short end of the deal called 911 Sunday afternoon to report her grandfather was cheating at cards.

The Dodge County dispatch center received a 911 hang-up call from a young child around 4:40 p.m. at a County Trunk E home in the town of Burnett, according to a report.

When officers responded to the scene, the grandmother told the deputy her young granddaughter had recently learned to dial 911 and apparently called when she believed her grandfather was cheating during a family card game, according to the report

oregonpackfan
03-06-2007, 07:49 PM
We all need to heed the title of a best-seller book that came out about 10 years ago: Don't Sweat The Small Stuff...And It's All Small Stuff.

Iron Mike
03-06-2007, 08:50 PM
Yep, yep.........another shining example of the fine citizenry that populate this city:

Local man cited for throwing snow at neighbor in driveway dispute

The Reporter Staff

A snow fight last weekend led to a disorderly conduct citation for a Fond du Lac man.
According to a Fond du Lac Police Department report, a 48-year-old man was cited after he allegedly threw snow at a neighbor on Saturday and struck him with a shovel.
The incident started at 4:40 a.m. when a 20-year-old man started shoveling snow in his driveway, the report said. While shoveling, he noticed his neighbor had created a snow bank in the common driveway area that about three houses share.
The snow bank, about 1 to 2 feet high and 10 to 15 feet long, was blocking one of two exits to the street.
The report states that the man cleared the snow bank and went back to shoveling the driveway when his neighbor appeared.
The 48-year-old suspect threatened the man and started rebuilding the snow bank. The man, who ignored the suspect, continued clearing the bank away.
According to the report:
The neighbor threatened the 20-year-old again and threw snow at him with a shovel. The man was struck multiple times with snow and several rocks from the driveway. When he stopped to brush the snow off himself, the suspect threw snow in his face and continued tossing snow at him with the shovel.
The suspect then poked the victim on his left side with the shovel.
Police responded after the 20-year-old man went inside and called them. Officers spoke to the man's roommate, who acknowledged seeing the incident through the kitchen window.
Officers received no response when they visited the neighbor, according to a report.
When they returned on Sunday, the suspect at first said he knew nothing about the incident but then admitted to throwing snow at the man. He also said the man threw snow back at him. He denied touching the man with a shovel.

GBRulz
03-06-2007, 08:57 PM
I'm going to Brookfield later this week. When I drive through Fond du Lac I'll be sure not to stop for fear of being attacked by a werewolf or a man with a shovel :wink:

crazy stuff !!!

MJZiggy
03-06-2007, 08:58 PM
You guys need some sunshine or a warm day or SOMETHING there...

GBRulz
03-06-2007, 09:01 PM
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- Ed O'Neill's bank account just got a lot bigger, thanks to a co-worker who told him some "idiot" hasn't claimed an $800,000 Powerball lottery prize.

O'Neill, 58, who works for the Clinton Chamber of Commerce, bought the ticket for a January 6 Powerball drawing. He told Iowa Lottery staffers he didn't think to check the results until a couple days afterward, when a chamber receptionist pointed out an article in the local newspaper.

"She said, 'Read this article about the idiot that hasn't claimed his ticket.' So I read it and noticed where the ticket was bought," O'Neill said. "I thought, 'Gee, I better look at my ticket.' That's when I said, 'I think I won."'

Then he called his wife, Diane, 58, who thought he was pulling a prank.

O'Neill said his wife told him to "quit horsing around. I'm watching Oprah."

O'Neill countered: "No really, Diane. I won."

Hysteria soon ensued as Diane realized he wasn't joking.

On Monday, the couple cashed in the ticket at the lottery headquarters in Des Moines, but not before meeting with an accountant and planning how to handle the winnings.

"There's a lot of responsibility that comes with that kind of money," O'Neill said.

O'Neill won by matching five white balls in the Powerball game. He also had purchased the Power Play option, multiplying a $200,000 prize by four.

After taxes, the couple will get about $560,000 -- much of which will go to pay off their mortgage, pay off their children's mortgages and save for retirement.

There will be a little left for fun, too. O'Neill said he and his wife are planning a trip to Ireland.

They also plan to donate money to Prince of Peace Catholic Parish in Clinton to help pay for construction of another church.

BallHawk
03-06-2007, 09:13 PM
You think the guy will give a little sum of money to the woman that showed him the newspaper article?

I would.

Joemailman
03-06-2007, 09:55 PM

It's snowing here in Wausau again. Supposed to be 45 on Saturday. Look out for falling icicles!

GBRulz
03-06-2007, 11:47 PM

It's snowing here in Wausau again. Supposed to be 45 on Saturday. Look out for falling icicles!

yeah, snowing again here, too. Heard we could be at 50 by Tuesday!! yay, melt all this fricken snow. The only thing is that if it warms up too quickly, we're going to be seeing some major flooding problems.

GBRulz
03-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Can you say, DUMB ?

Teen puts his pot on MySpace, gets busted

By Eric Litke
Gannett Wisconsin Newspapers

SHEBOYGAN -- A Sheboygan teen is learning the hard way that posting pictures of your potted marijuana plants on MySpace.com is a bad idea.

Labeling that picture, “My Mary Jane thats growin in my closet right now” also doesn’t help, unless you count the time raiding police officers saved in locating the stash.

But according to Sheboygan County District Attorney Joe DeCecco, that’s why Moua Yang, 18, was charged today with two felonies and two misdemeanors following a police raid of his south-side apartment.

“When someone is going to advertise their drug use — or any other crime for that matter — on a Web site, chance are we’re going to find it, and this is what’s going to happen,” DeCecco said. “We appreciate the help. Thanks a lot.”

Yang was arrested Monday after police found three potted marijuana plants in a basement closet that matched the online picture, according to a criminal complaint.

Yang was identified after a school resource officer at South High School identified him as a former student there.

Still on Yang’s MySpace Web site as of this afternoon were pictures of a bong commonly used to smoke marijuana — labeled “my baby” — and numerous pictures of Yang and his friends drinking beer and flashing gang signs at parties.

The identifying quote at the top of Yang’s MySpace page is, “I need that Kali Chronic,” slang for marijuana.

“People think that Web sites are more private than they are,” DeCecco said. “This is just another tool for us to use.”

Police found out about Yang’s alleged drug use through his postings on another Web site monitored by police for gang-related activity, according to a criminal complaint.

On that site, one that allows users to set up profile pages for others to view, Yang posted pictures of numerous weapons and drug paraphernalia and brags about having marijuana plants growing in his house and using Ecstasy, the complaint said.

“The officers were surprised about how brazen they were on the Internet,” said Lt. Dave Schafhauser of the Sheboygan Police Department, referring to Yang and others pictured or mentioned on his site. “They talked about their growing of the marijuana and some of the gang activity they were involved in.”

The picture of the potted marijuana plants is also posted on the gang-related site, the complaint said.

Yang faces up to three years and seven months behind bars and fines up to $21,500 if convicted on charges of felony charges of manufacturing marijuana and maintaining a drug trafficking place, and misdemeanor charges of possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.

Eric Litke writes for the Sheboygan Press.

the_idle_threat
03-14-2007, 06:43 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gee ... I would never mention my Mary Jane plants on a website!

WHOOPS! :oops: :doh:

This site isn't monitored for gang activity, is it? :mrgreen:

Joemailman
03-14-2007, 07:10 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gee ... I would never mention my Mary Jane plants on a website!

WHOOPS! :oops: :doh:

Got any pictures?

the_idle_threat
03-14-2007, 07:25 PM
'Fraid not. :whist: