PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED INFO ON GRIFFITH!!!!!!!!! - look at my last post

gbpackfan
03-06-2007, 05:24 PM
I understand he is only a FB but he is a damn good one that will add a lot to our ZBS and WCO. He is a pefect fit for us and we NEED another FB since Hendu is being cut lose. If he leaves GB without signing, I will be very disappointed. Updates, I need updates!

J-Rok
03-06-2007, 05:26 PM
You can't handle an update.

gbpackfan
03-06-2007, 05:27 PM
You're probably right. :lol:

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-06-2007, 05:28 PM

:D

Brando19
03-06-2007, 05:31 PM
I have an update....Ted Thompson is still sitting on his wallet and it's going to take a bodybuilder and a crow bar to lift his ass up off it.

MTPackerfan
03-06-2007, 05:32 PM

:D

:lol:

Lurker64
03-06-2007, 06:05 PM
How do you know that Thompson isn't taking him out to a nice dinner at Applebees after a long negotiation session, and they'll go back to the bargaining table after some steaks. Sometimes it takes a while to actually hammer home a contract that's already all but certain.

Even if the conversation is something like:
"Thompson: We'd like to make you a Packer and one of the highest paid FBs in the league.
Griffith: Great, I'd love to be a Packer."

It still takes a while to actually finish the contract, e.g. how long the deal is for, how big the signing bonus is, how much is guaranteed, how much each year pays, what incentive bonuses the contract offers, etc. Sometimes it's amicable, but it's a back and forth deal "I'd like x" and "Okay, you can have x but then you have to agree to y" etc.

Iron Mike
03-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Son, we live in a world that has rumors, and those rumors have to be checked out by men with PCs. Who's gonna do it? You? You, gbpackfan? I have more responsibility here than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Griffith, and you curse TT. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Griffith's non-signing, while tragic, probably saved TT some $. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves TT's reputation. I know deep down in places you dont talk about at parties, you don't want me on that website, you need me on that website. We use words like RFA, UFA, honor, loyalty and "show me the money." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent 16 inches from a display monitor. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the information I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you get a screen name at Packerchatters, or head back to JSO. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

gbpackfan
03-06-2007, 06:27 PM
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

I nominate you for POST OF THE YEAR!!!!

Damn, that was so fucking good. Nice work.

Bretsky
03-06-2007, 06:30 PM
How do you know that Thompson isn't taking him out to a nice dinner at Applebees after a long negotiation session, and they'll go back to the bargaining table after some steaks. Sometimes it takes a while to actually hammer home a contract that's already all but certain.

"Thompson: We'd like to make you a Packer and one of the highest paid FBs in the league.

It still takes a while to actually finish the contract, e.g. how long the deal is for, how big the signing bonus is, how much is guaranteed, how much each year pays, what incentive bonuses the contract offers, etc. Sometimes it's amicable, but it's a back and forth deal "I'd like x" and "Okay, you can have x but then you have to agree to y" etc.

TT would take him to McDonalds for a Value Meal :lol: :lol: :wink:

Pacopete4
03-06-2007, 06:33 PM
rumor is the packers are folding.. NFL says TT is being a dumb dumb and is now going to just close the franchise

Lurker64
03-06-2007, 06:34 PM

Thompson:"The money I'm not spending on this meal is going straight to your contract."
Griffith: "It's all right Ted, I'll buy. You don't have to order off the dollar menu."

Merlin
03-06-2007, 07:01 PM
I'm not to high on signing anyone but Moss or maybe Porter. We had a good core or running backs and there is always someone available during training camp and season. We need a safety but I don't see anyone worth going after in FA. TT is too cheap as it is. I am sure whoever we sign for RB & FB will be named after a food product ala Taco Wallace, mayube Ribs McGee or Rice AlaKing

Iron Mike
03-06-2007, 08:54 PM
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

I nominate you for POST OF THE YEAR!!!!

Damn, that was so fucking good. Nice work.

You forgot these:

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

MJZiggy
03-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Humility is a blessing. :taunt: :mrgreen:

Iron Mike
03-06-2007, 08:58 PM
Humility is a blessing. :taunt: :mrgreen:

Hot damn......I think I'll make that my sig, Zig.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Iron Mike
03-06-2007, 09:01 PM
It's on now! :taunt: :mrgreen:

LL2
03-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Son, we live in a world that has rumors, and those rumors have to be checked out by men with PCs. Who's gonna do it? You? You, gbpackfan? I have more responsibility here than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Griffith, and you curse TT. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Griffith's non-signing, while tragic, probably saved TT some $. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves TT's reputation. I know deep down in places you dont talk about at parties, you don't want me on that website, you need me on that website. We use words like RFA, UFA, honor, loyalty and "show me the money." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent 16 inches from a display monitor. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the information I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you get a screen name at Packerchatters, or head back to JSO. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

That was good.

Iron Mike
03-06-2007, 09:05 PM
That was good.

You forgot these:

:glug: :glug: :glug:

BallHawk
03-06-2007, 09:06 PM

Did he go the extra mile and get him an M&M McFlurry?

MJZiggy
03-06-2007, 09:08 PM
That was good.

You forgot these:

:glug: :glug: :glug:

I'll drink to that. :glug:

swede
03-06-2007, 09:17 PM

Awesome. My favorite movie. Bar none.

BallHawk
03-06-2007, 09:20 PM
I'm uninformed. Where is that quote from?

CyclonePackFan
03-06-2007, 09:24 PM
I'm uninformed. Where is that quote from?

Jack Nicholson's rant towards the end of "A Few Good Men"

swede
03-06-2007, 09:25 PM
A Few Good Men, 1992. Tom Cruise, Jack Nicholson, Demi Moore, Kevin Bacon, and Kiefer Sutherland.

The rant was a modification of Nicholson's dramatic courtroom speech.

BallHawk
03-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Genius!

ND72
03-06-2007, 09:34 PM

I just broke up with my girlfriend for you. I love you.

gbpackfan
03-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Griffith just got into town Tues. night! The signing, if it is going to happen, will happen on Weds. Come on TT!!!!!

Packers bring in fullback Griffith, contact Chris Brown's agent

By Pete Dougherty
pdougher@greenbaypressgazette.com

The Green Bay Packers are looking to supplement their backfield with unrestricted free agents after letting halfback Ahman Green leave in free agency and telling fullback William Henderson he won’t be back this season.

The Packers were bringing in fullback Justin Griffith on Tuesday night for a visit and have been in contact with the agent for halfback Chris Brown as he begins to make his free-agent rounds this week.

Griffith is enticing to the Packers because he started at fullback in the zone-blocking run game with Atlanta the last three years. The 5-foot-11, 232-pounder became expendable when the Falcons changed head coaches and offensive schemes this offseason.

Brown, 25, lost his starting job with Tennessee early last season, but with several of the top free-agent running backs signed by other teams, he’s one of the next tier of halfbacks still on the market. Brown was flying to Buffalo on Tuesday night for a visit with the Bills on Wednesday, and his agent, Wynn Silberman, said Tennessee remains interested in signing him, as are the Houston Texans, even after signing Ahman Green this week.

The Packers haven’t set up a visit with Brown and don’t appear to be rushing to sign a running back after losing Green, but they have been in contact with Silberman.

“At this point, I’d say (the Packers have) a sincere interest,” Silberman said. “It looks like they’re sitting back waiting to see what the market is gauging, but it’s starting to pick up with a couple guys falling into place.”

With no franchise-type back remaining in free agency, the Packers, if they make a push to sign Brown, presumably are looking for him to split time with Vernand Morency. Brown is a big back (6-3, 220) whose best season was 2004, when he rushed for 1,067 yards and averaged 4.9 yards a carry in 11 games. Last year, he started the first three games before losing the job to Travis Henry, and eventually became the No. 3 back behind rookie LenDale White.

Brown rushed for 156 yards and 3.8 yards per carry last season, and for his career, he’s averaged 4.2 yards a carry.

Among the other halfbacks available in free agency are Cory Dillon and Jamal Lewis, and Buffalo reportedly is looking to trade halfback Willis McGahee. The Packers also are an excellent candidate to select a halfback on the first day, and possibly in the first round, of April’s NFL draft.

An NFL source, in the meantime, confirmed WBAY-TV’s report Monday that the Packers have told Henderson he won’t be back for a 13th season with the team. It’s unclear whether the 36-year-old Henderson will retire or try to hook on with another team. For the last couple seasons, Henderson mainly was a special-teams player and part-time fullback. When the Packers officially make the move, it will clear his $820,000 base salary from their salary cap. His agent, Butch Williams, was unavailable for comment.

That leaves Brandon Miree as the only pure fullback on the Packers’ roster, though coach Mike McCarthy also trains his tight ends to play that position. Nevertheless, Griffith’s visit Tuesday night and today suggests the Packers are serious about trying to sign him, and he figures to be a good match for their zone run scheme.

Griffith played the lead-blocking role in that system the past three years, including two seasons while former Packers assistant Jeff Jagodzinski was an assistant with the Falcons. Jagodzinski brought the zone run game to the Packers last year as offensive coordinator before leaving after this season to become head coach at Boston College.

Griffith, 25, was a fourth-round draft pick by the Falcons in 2002. This offseason, the Falcons fired coach Jim Mora and hired Bobby Petrino, who last week signed former Baltimore fullback Ovie Mughelli to a six-year, $18 million contract in free agency. The 255-pound Mughelli fits Petrino’s power-oriented running game better than the 232-pound Griffith.

Sparkey
03-07-2007, 06:15 AM
Hmmmm,

Four years for 12 million

4.5 Mill Signing Bonus 2007
1.5 Mill Roster Bonus
600,000 1st year salary

1.5 Mill Roster Bonus
800,000 2nd year salary 2008

1.1 Mill Roster Bonus 2009
1.0 Mill Salary

1.o Mill Salary 2010

Would seem like a decent contract.

pacfan
03-07-2007, 08:05 AM

gbpackfan: "I want the truth!"

Iron Mike: "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!"

(great movie)

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Hmmmm,

1.5 Mill Roster Bonus
600,000 1st year salary

1.5 Mill Roster Bonus

1.0 Mill Salary

1.o Mill Salary 2010

We should not sign anyone to less than a 5 year deal, I think in 2009 (3 years from now) we have a lot of free agents.

woodbuck27
03-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Hmmmm,

1.5 Mill Roster Bonus
600,000 1st year salary

1.5 Mill Roster Bonus

1.0 Mill Salary

1.o Mill Salary 2010

We should not sign anyone to less than a 5 year deal, I think in 2009 (3 years from now) we have a lot of free agents.

Sign !?? Sign . . . someone in free agency ???

The way Ted Thompson operates we'll have ample CAP space in three seasons.

Zool
03-07-2007, 12:52 PM
I think I'm going to make a point. Then continue to make it in every post.

Partial
03-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Who cares. It's a fullback. Fullback is the ugly slow kid position of the NFL.

HarveyWallbangers
03-07-2007, 01:00 PM
Who cares. It's a fullback. Fullback is the ugly slow kid position of the NFL.

This is a good player. He's a good run and pass blocker, a solid receiver, and he can run a bit also. He's averaged 4.7 yards/carry in his career. He can play a little HB, if needed.

woodbuck27
03-07-2007, 01:00 PM
I think I'm going to make a point. Then continue to make it in every post.

It's simply a reality check.

Zool
03-07-2007, 01:10 PM
Its copy/paste.