PDA

View Full Version : Packers interested in Jamal Lewis!

gbpackfan
03-06-2007, 07:49 PM
The following is according to rotoworld.com

The Packers are reportedly showing interest in Jamal Lewis.
With Baltimore and Lewis stalled in negotiations (and the Ravens possibly talking about Willis McGahee), the veteran runner will have a hard time finding a starting gig. Green Bay may be his only shot. Source: Baltimore Sun.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/clubhouse_relatednews.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=GB

packers11
03-06-2007, 07:51 PM
and we thought Ahman Green had nothing left... Compared to this guy, Ahman has 100% left in his tank...

red
03-06-2007, 07:51 PM
now we're really getting desperate

gbpackfan
03-06-2007, 07:53 PM
I suppose it all depends on what type of deal we give him (if we do end up signing him). Team him up with Morency and a rook and I think you have a pretty decent back-field. Just for the record, I wanted A. Green to stay.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-06-2007, 07:53 PM
now we're really getting desperate

I agree.

justanotherpackfan
03-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Wow, this is pathetic.

The Shadow
03-06-2007, 08:06 PM
I don't think the Packers really have any interest in Lewis at all.

The_Dude
03-06-2007, 08:07 PM
this is pretty crazy. crazy bad not crazy good

Joemailman
03-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Lewis ran for over 1100 yards and had 9 touchdowns, both more than Green. If the Packers are going to go with Morency, they will likely need a power back to go along with him. Why would it be pathetic to replace Green with someone who had more yards and touchdowns than Green?

The Shadow
03-06-2007, 08:17 PM
I don't think Lewis fits the scheme.
A three-headed RB monster of Morency, Beach, & P.J. Pope would be preferable - and that does not even take into account what the draft will bring.

Joemailman
03-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Shadow,

I'm not sure he does either. I was just playing devil's advocate a little bit because people are acting like the guy we lost is so much better than Jamal Lewis. I just don't think that's the case.

wist43
03-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Rumors for rumors sake...

Lewis is obviously a bad fit for the scheme... no way do they have any interest in him.

The Shadow
03-06-2007, 08:23 PM
I understand.
I think that the Packers have some meaningful moves yet up their collective sleeves - and all this waiting will yet result in high-fiving all round.

MJZiggy
03-06-2007, 08:54 PM
God, I hope you're right.

justanotherpackfan
03-06-2007, 09:00 PM
I understand.
I think that the Packers have some meaningful moves yet up their collective sleeves - and all this waiting will yet result in high-fiving all round.
Ken Hamlin............ :jig:

SkinBasket
03-06-2007, 09:14 PM
unless we're interested in setting up another crack ring in the GB area, I doubt the Packers have a serious interest. This is the kind of rumor started by agents to try and facilitate something.. anything for their client. He's old, he's tired, and he's a felon.

MJZiggy
03-06-2007, 09:17 PM
But he's an old, tired felon with a name people recognize...

BallHawk
03-06-2007, 09:18 PM
Here's how it probably went down:

Guy A: Jamal Lewis is a free agent and there isn't much chance the Ravens will re-sign him

Guy B: What teams need a RB?

Guy A: Oh, Green Bay needs a RB! They're probably interested.

Behold, the birth of a rumor.

pittstang5
03-06-2007, 09:25 PM

Guy A: Jamal Lewis is a free agent and there isn't much chance the Ravens will re-sign him

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. The author knows GB might be looking for a RB....instant rumor.

I can't believe the pack is looking at Lewis...he doesn't fit the system.

KYPack
03-06-2007, 09:56 PM

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. The author knows GB might be looking for a RB....instant rumor.

I can't believe the pack is looking at Lewis...he doesn't fit the system.

Very few teams run that power O exclusively anymore. Most mix in ZBS and counters.

Lewis is done. He's ponderous at this point.

If he wasn't in Baltimore last year, he wouldn't have gained 700 yards.

imscott72
03-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Lewis ran for over 1100 yards and had 9 touchdowns, both more than Green. If the Packers are going to go with Morency, they will likely need a power back to go along with him. Why would it be pathetic to replace Green with someone who had more yards and touchdowns than Green?

Maybe we should try to pry Cedric Houston from the Jets. With their pickup of Jones, I think he's expendable..

Partial
03-06-2007, 10:02 PM
I would be pleased with Lewis for a year. Then, i'd hope to address the position next year early in the draft.

imscott72
03-06-2007, 10:03 PM
As far as rumors, until its confirm he's scheduled a visit to Green Bay, then its BS...that goes for any FA..