PDA

View Full Version : Bye,bye Walker

b bulldog
04-25-2006, 10:09 PM
With brett returning, Walker is definitely gone!

Rivers Rutherford
04-25-2006, 10:16 PM
Don't count on it. Flash some bills, give a few insincere I'm sorry's, make JW feel special again, and the Pack'll be in like Flynn. That's what I think. No different than holding on to a woman, which makes sense, since Walker is a bitch-ass prima donna.

imscott72
04-25-2006, 10:16 PM

He was gone anyway. I don't think this changes anything except it may draw Woodson closer to signing with us... :mrgreen:

Bretsky
04-25-2006, 10:19 PM

I don't buy it; unless Denver gives us a high 2 Walker is getting the rough treatment.

MacCool606
04-25-2006, 10:19 PM
If the stars align and for $ome resa$on Walker come$ back - How do we stack up in the North?

Bretsky
04-25-2006, 10:21 PM
If the stars align and for $ome resa$on Walker come$ back - How do we stack up in the North?

Depends on how TT uses the last 19 Million. At best right now we are 3rd best out of 4.

imscott72
04-25-2006, 10:22 PM

Depends on how TT uses the last 19 Million. At best right now we are 3rd best out of 4.

I agree. We still have a ton of holes. Guards and linebackers being the most glaring..

esoxx
04-25-2006, 10:23 PM
So...Walker would rather be catching balls from Rodgers than Favre this year? What a petty ass crybaby he is if so. Yeah, that would really help him get his big payday next year, having a green 2nd year QB learn on the job. If that is the case Walker truly is dumb.

Partial
04-25-2006, 10:24 PM
I don't know about that, with Walker healthy we can put up points in bunches. I think we could compete for the north if Walker plays and we have a good draft.

MacCool606
04-25-2006, 10:25 PM
I agree too - biggest questions are the Guards and the health of the RB's

Bretsky
04-25-2006, 10:27 PM
I agree too - biggest questions are the Guards and the health of the RB's

I think it we take care of the OG's the RB's won't get killed

Joemailman
04-25-2006, 10:42 PM

Any idea approximately how much of the 19 mil has to reserved for signing draft picks? How much will be leeft over for signing FA's?

Bretsky
04-25-2006, 10:44 PM

Any idea approximately how much of the 19 mil has to reserved for signing draft picks? How much will be leeft over for signing FA's?

Posters had estimated 7-8 MIL for draft picks. But I think the 19MIL is what we have separate of the rookie pool.............

can somebody confirm that for me ?

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2006, 10:48 PM
I think the rookie pool for San Fran was $7M last year. They had the #1 draft slot. I'd think our pool would be $6-7M. The $19-20M under the cap does not include this though. In actuality, we have $12-14M left under the cap.

Joemailman
04-25-2006, 10:50 PM
Also, if we trade Walker, I believe we take a cap hit of about 1.2 million.

Bretsky
04-25-2006, 10:50 PM
I was just watching Fox6 News (Milwaukee) and Tim Van Vooren just said TT is looking for 2 second rounders for Walker

MJZiggy
04-25-2006, 10:51 PM
I thought if we traded him, the cap hit went with him, or is that for accelerated bonus money?

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 10:55 PM
Let him go. Gardner and Driver, with a reinvigorated Boerigter, throw in speedy Lee and Martin and a mid-round WR pick, and we have a vastly different WR corps than last year. No mini mites, but a pack of speedy, tall trees that NFC cornerbacks may be able to catch, but not bring down.

tyler

Joemailman
04-25-2006, 10:57 PM
I was just watching Fox6 News (Milwaukee) and Tim Van Vooren just said TT is looking for 2 second rounders for Walker

That would refer only to a trade with Denver, since most teams don't have 2 2nd round picks. Denver does. TT may have to settle for a 2nd round pick in 2006 and a conditional pick in 2007 because of Walker's injury.

billy_oliver880
04-25-2006, 10:58 PM
How much cap space would woodson eat up if we signed him? Estimated.

Partial
04-25-2006, 11:00 PM
why pay a dude that is gonna be washed up in a year anyway? Not worth it at all in my opinion.

Plus he's a wolverine and we all know they cause cancer.

MJZiggy
04-25-2006, 11:01 PM

That would refer only to a trade with Denver, since most teams don't have 2 2nd round picks. Denver does. TT may have to settle for a 2nd round pick in 2006 and a conditional pick in 2007 because of Walker's injury.I read this morning (kffl?) that he was looking for a first--and might get it.

RashanGary
04-25-2006, 11:03 PM
Who cares about Walker right now :)

Deputy Nutz
04-25-2006, 11:04 PM
Well it depend how much guarunteed money you wanna give Woodson. If you give him 6 or 7 million up front in a roster bonus, and then a 3 million dollar first year contract that is ten million or so right their.

I think TT might have been waiting until mini camp to see how Walker's rehab was going and what type of condition he is in, and then maybe Walker would have been asked to extend his contract. Well the impatient baby couldn't wait and ran his lippy mouth.

Tarlam!
04-26-2006, 04:29 AM
Walker revoked his rights to be a G&G player. TT should make him sit and rot. M3 should not let him wear the uniform. He should be banished from memory and treated as harshly as a player can be.

Also, there should be lots of finger pointing opportunities....

swede
04-26-2006, 07:21 AM
I was surprised to see on a Denver Broncos Forum that the fans are very much behind trading for Walker. Lelie and a 4th or the 37th pick didn't phase them at all.

Such love won't be lost on Walker. It may deepen his resolve not to play in GB.

MJZiggy
04-26-2006, 07:38 AM
Walker revoked his rights to be a G&G player. TT should make him sit and rot. M3 should not let him wear the uniform. He should be banished from memory and treated as harshly as a player can be.

Also, there should be lots of finger pointing opportunities....

Shall we put him in a stockade in the town square and throw rotten tomatoes at him as well? I think he should rot unless he decides within a reasonable amount of time (read before training camp) that his family are idiots and that playing football for a lot of money is a good idea even if he doesn't get a new deal inked before the end of the season. TT's already said that they'd take him back.

Tarlam!
04-26-2006, 08:00 AM
Yes, he should be put into the stockade. And, I am thinking french history lessons; guillotine!

No No No. I don't want TT to take him back. He is a scumbucket!

Fritz
04-26-2006, 11:11 AM
Trade him, Tarlam. Sure you can "teach him a lesson" by letting him rot, but then what are you going to do next year? Franchise him?

Get what you can. A second rounder would be fine. And if you can trade him to a team with a crappy QB or a crappy franchise, that would merely be icing on the cake.

swede
04-26-2006, 11:17 AM
What a sweet piece of revenge that would be Fritz! Come on Texans. Send us your #2 for Javon!

Tarlam!
04-26-2006, 11:46 AM
I wanna read each week how poor Javon is frustrated like crazy, how he sees his value going down etc etc. I want ESPN topics on it and I want other GMs to come out and agree with TT's handling of it. This is a great time to teach these spoilt muthas a lesson for all time.

Rastak
04-26-2006, 11:50 AM
I wanna read each week how poor Javon is frustrated like crazy, how he sees his value going down etc etc. I want ESPN topics on it and I want other GMs to come out and agree with TT's handling of it. This is a great time to teach these spoilt muthas a lesson for all time.

I want to win the lottery myself, if we are listing wild wishes.....

No Mo Moss
04-26-2006, 01:00 PM

That would refer only to a trade with Denver, since most teams don't have 2 2nd round picks. Denver does. TT may have to settle for a 2nd round pick in 2006 and a conditional pick in 2007 because of Walker's injury.I read this morning (kffl?) that he was looking for a first--and might get it.

I just looked on KFFL and couldn't find this tidbit of info, can you post it.

Harlan Huckleby
04-26-2006, 02:05 PM
I wanna read each week how poor Javon is frustrated like crazy, how he sees his value going down etc etc.

Sitting out part of 2006 is probably not such a bad idea for Walker, he won't be 100% until 2007. Teams are not interested in acquiring Walker for 2006 so much as the following three years.

This has been argued so many times that I won't repeat in detail, but the Packers really aren't holding a strong hand.

I hold-out a sliver of hope that Walker will reconcile with Favre & the Packers. Thompson's concilitory statements recently are a good step.

The Packers would only do more damage their team and reputation by attempting to strong-arm Walker.

MJZiggy
04-26-2006, 02:17 PM
NoMo, you're right. I've had this affliction this week (reading too much?) of reading things and not remembering where I saw them to go get them when I need them. I will look for it and when I come across it again, I will paste it for you. It was a detail in a larger article about the possible draft-day competition heating up for Javon's services.