PDA

View Full Version : What do you do for exercise?!?

Partial
03-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Due to my weight gain last semester, I have made a resolution to exercise every day this semester. I have done very, very well so far and am losing weight very quickly and getting to be in decent shape again/

Yesterday I ran 3 miles without stopping. It wasn't at a fast pace, probably 10 minute miles, but I am still very excited that I have defeated my shin splints and crushed the mental barriers that stood in my way.

On my final lap yesterday, I really hit it hard because I felt invincible. It felt so good to accomplish a goal like that.

Anyway, so I have been exercising a lot lately in summary and wondering what you guys do to maintain your health.

Lately, I've been continuing punching my heavy bag for a little bit each day, then I have been doing pushups, sit-ups, and bodyweight lunges and squats at night. I have been trying to walk longer distances, too.

Also, since Sears has been dead lately I have been hopping on the fitness equipment "testing it out" and "studying the features" whenever I have had a chance.

What do you guys do? What do you like to do for exercise?

Charles Woodson
03-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Saturdays and Wen. i go to a gym

Everyday i go out side and playaround with the soccerball or stuff like that

I like to run every 2 days. Depending how much time i have i do ethier 1 or 2 miles and sometimes with 10 pound ankle weights

Green Bud Packer
03-06-2007, 09:57 PM
to get rid of my beer belly i've been sucking in my gut for most of the day. i started sometime in january and my beer gut is mostly gone and i'm starting to see some definition in my abs. i read about tihis in an article to get rid of a beer belly.and i still drink beer.it works for me.

Bossman641
03-07-2007, 01:43 AM
I try and play basketball a couple days a week for a few hours at a time. That's about it though. Need to start doing more with spring coming up.

MadtownPacker
03-07-2007, 06:39 AM
Usually a misdemeanor that amounts to a 60-90 days sentence which is plenty of time to work out and get in shape.

Zool
03-07-2007, 07:20 AM
Your mom

LaFours
03-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Lately, I've been continuing punching my heavy bag for a little bit each day...

That sounds a bit masochistic if you ask me.

red
03-07-2007, 02:10 PM
drink

beer goggles can work in the mirror too

Tyrone Bigguns
03-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Cardio of some sort and lifting. I don't really lift for mass, more to tone and keep cut. Think fight club. So, I do alot of supersets and keep the heart rate up.

BooHoo
03-07-2007, 08:09 PM
Wife and I have been going to the Y to swim. She has me doing laps for the first time in my life.

red
03-07-2007, 08:42 PM
actually when i was in college and started to add the pounds, i hit the rec center hard

3 hours a night. 2 hours of basketball, and an hour of lifting

GoPackGo
03-08-2007, 12:43 PM
everyday 30 pushups, 50 situps, 20 reps of a posture straightening exercise

3-4 days a week I walk my dog for 30 minutes
3-4 days a week I work out on my eliptical machine 30 minutes

On the days when I walk the dog I my Yogaball and dumbells to do some heavy weight lifting

On the days when I work out on my eliptical machine I use my Yogaball and dumbells to do some light weight lifting

I usually take 1-2 days off a week

AtlPackFan
03-08-2007, 04:28 PM
raise beer to the mouth, lower beer. Switch hands, repeat. When beer gone, open new beer and repeat. Repeat all until pass out. :D

Actually that was my college days and i did enough walking, basketball, tennis, intramurals, etc. to not gain.

Now, at 52, its a different story. Diet (working with a nutrionist after failing Weight Watchers) and exercise (gym 3X a week, 1/2 hour cardio, 1/2 hour weight machines). That seems to at least stave off more weight gain!!!

PackerPro42
03-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Every day except Sundays I...

Do 30 minutes to an Hour of Arm Lifting, I alternate days on heaving lifting for bulk and the next day I do Light lifting for a better tone.
I also do the same for legs.

Then I do 100 sit ups and 50 push-ups every day.

Every other day I run 3-5 miles.

That's about it.

MJZiggy
03-08-2007, 04:51 PM
3x/week: 10 min warmup on stairmaster, full squat w/weight and lunge work, upper body with light weights & leg presses, abs pushups & stretching. In the summer, replace squat and lunges with biking.

Brando19
03-08-2007, 05:33 PM
I'm not going to get specific, but let's just say my right forearm could win awards.

justanotherpackfan
03-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Weight training 4 days a week. Full body routine usually goes something like this:

6x3 of some type of Olympic exercise (snatch, jerk, clean, jump/power shrug)
6x5 of some type of deadlift or other back exercise (conventional, snatch-grip, Romanian, good morning)
6x5 of some type of squat (back, front, Bulgarian, box)
3x whatever of miscellanious exercises. For instance, it could be Military press, bent row, pullups, lying tri extensions.
*2 days a week I'll do 5x5 of DB bench press or BB bench press

5 days a week of running following Hal Higdon's intermediate 1 training program. 1 week of cross training, 1 day of rest.

Less than 3 months 'till the Mad City Marathon. Come cheer me on.

Partial
03-08-2007, 06:42 PM
That seems like an awful lot of running before a marathon. Your ankles and knees might be shot by the time it rolls around.

justanotherpackfan
03-08-2007, 09:05 PM
That seems like an awful lot of running before a marathon. Your ankles and knees might be shot by the time it rolls around.
I've had to change my running form after suffering from tendonitis. Now, the balls of my feet strike and my heels don't touch the ground much at all. My calves and ankles do get pretty tired.

Partial
03-08-2007, 09:07 PM
I've had to change my running form after suffering from tendonitis. Now, the balls of my feet strike and my heels don't touch the ground much at all. My calves and ankles do get pretty tired.

Welcome to my world. I've had to do the same. Just can't win with running, its either shin splints or sore ankles.

justanotherpackfan
03-10-2007, 01:26 PM
14 mile long run today.