PDA

View Full Version : Joe Horn To Visit

HarveyWallbangers
03-07-2007, 12:13 AM
Latest News:

Joe Horn is scheduled to visit later in the week. Justin Griffith's official visit is on Wednesday. Chris Brown's agent has been contacted.

MadtownPacker
03-07-2007, 12:16 AM
Not a bad bunch. The onyl real question mark is Brown IMO. Horn and Griffith would be very solid additions. Horn was in M3s O before and Griffith is a perfect replacement for Henderson.

TT is about to shine.

Packers4Glory
03-07-2007, 12:59 AM
no thanks to Horn. he's done. finished. washed up.

I'd rather chance it on Moss. this team has nothing but Favre and Driver on offense and that isn't enough. Maybe Jennings will show up an entire season next yr, but I'd still rather let him grow as the #3 for another yr or 2. You need 3 solid WR plus depth after them. Horn won't do anything next yr.

Fritz
03-07-2007, 04:52 AM
I don't know what to think of Joe Horn. He's old, sure, but he'd be cheaper than Randy Moss. Still, if the Pack can find a speedy wide receiver in the draft, I'd rather let him develop playing the #3 receiver spot, and let Holliday, Ruvell Martin and Robert Ferguson duke it out for the fourth spot.

mmmdk
03-07-2007, 04:55 AM
Joe Horn??? Chris Brown??? Why bother??? I'd rather have Taco Wallace back!

RashanGary
03-07-2007, 05:48 AM
Horn would be a really good #3 and also a trust worthy #3 WR.

We need depth and he shouldn't be too expensive. I think it would be a good move.

Packers4Glory
03-07-2007, 06:23 AM
whats wrong w/ Chris Brown? He is certainly a capable back.

gbpackfan
03-07-2007, 07:15 AM
If Chris Brown can stay healthy he would be great. But that is a huge IF! As of now, he is the David Martin of the RB world.

MadtownPacker
03-07-2007, 07:19 AM
Brown must have sucked if White passed him on the depth chart. Just get Griffith and Horn.

Bretsky
03-07-2007, 07:30 AM

We need depth and he shouldn't be too expensive. I think it would be a good move.

Agree; or he's the #2. Either way they would have 3 starting caliber WR's if they got Horn.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-07-2007, 07:34 AM

Agree; or he's the #2. Either way they would have 3 starting caliber WR's if they got Horn.

He probably would help, but isn't he like 35? I would rather get Mss or draft a WR in one of the deepest WR classes in the last five years. It would be better to sign someone like Hamlin who just turned 26.

BooHoo
03-07-2007, 07:53 AM
I am a fence sitter when it comes to Horn. But he might have some good years left in him. Maybe a new environment would be good for him and we would get some outstanding production. I guess bring him on if the price is right.

Packnut
03-07-2007, 09:59 AM
The nice thing about numbers is that they don't lie. Horn and Brown are both DONE. Talking to either one is a HUGE waste of time. Why on earth would you sign 2 guys who have done NOTHING but keep the trainer busy? Horn's hamstrings are brittle. His skills have declined to the point the Saints did'nt want him on the field against the Bears.

I thought the object was to UPGRADE? Brown is not an upgrade over Green. Horn is not an upgrade over Holliday for Christ's sake! At least a guy like Dillon still has a small amount of gas in the tank.

Partial
03-07-2007, 10:00 AM
The nice thing about numbers is that they don't lie. Horn and Brown are both DONE. Talking to either one is a HUGE waste of time. Why on earth would you sign 2 guys who have done NOTHING but keep the trainer busy? Horn's hamstrings are brittle. His skills have declined to the point the Saints did'nt want him on the field against the Bears.

I thought the object was to UPGRADE? Brown is not an upgrade over Green. Horn is not an upgrade over Holliday for Christ's sake! At least a guy like Dillon still has a small amount of gas in the tank.

I think the point with Brown would be a one and done until they can address the position with a stud. 2008 NFL draft will have 5 running backs better than Marshawn Lynch.

Packnut
03-07-2007, 10:05 AM

I think the point with Brown would be a one and done until they can address the position with a stud. 2008 NFL draft will have 5 running backs better than Marshawn Lynch.

One and done is right! That's the amount of plays Brown could run until he's injured AGAIN!

ahaha
03-07-2007, 10:05 AM
The nice thing about numbers is that they don't lie.

That's certainly true in mathematics, but not in sports.

Packnut
03-07-2007, 10:33 AM
The nice thing about numbers is that they don't lie.

That's certainly true in mathematics, but not in sports.

I beg to differ. The numbers show WR's in Horn's age range lose their production dramatically and become injured more often. Brown's amount of time spent injured is also fact as is his drop in production.

Numbers do not lie. They provide a barometer and using them can give you the percentage of being right or wrong about a player. Of course there are exceptions to every rule. May-be Horn stays healthy and has a good season. But his recent past says the odds of that happening are not good.

Cheesehead Craig
03-07-2007, 10:35 AM
I don't have a problem with Horn. He has a rep for being a great locker room prescence and puts forth a ton of effort on the field. He's a great role model for younger WR. If we sign him, that doesn't mean we don't draft a good WR.

I haven't seen anywhere that he's expected to be a starter. He's a very solid #3 WR.

retailguy
03-07-2007, 10:41 AM

Do you guys really think that Joe Horn will be interested in being a #3 guy? You all seem so puzzled that GB let Terry Glenn go, don't you see the parallells? Glenn was destined to be the #3 guy behind Driver & Walker, and Sherman knew his ego couldn't tolerate being the #3 guy.... What about "Cell Phone Horn?

really any difference?

In terms of ability, sure, I agree with your point, just don't agree with your rationalizations and assumptions.... Joe Horn will only come here if he is PROMISED the opportunity to compete for #1 or #2 receiver. If he loses, Thompson should probably cut him. He has a history of complaining... That's not likely to change.

Packnut
03-07-2007, 10:49 AM
IF the Moss thing is dead and there is no other option, then I'd have no problem with Horn either. Something is better than nothing. However, the Pats made an offer to Stallworth so IF Davis is gonna trade Randy, GB is the only option. If we did sign Horn, then no way would TT trade for Moss imo.

cpk1994
03-07-2007, 02:02 PM

Do you guys really think that Joe Horn will be interested in being a #3 guy? You all seem so puzzled that GB let Terry Glenn go, don't you see the parallells? Glenn was destined to be the #3 guy behind Driver & Walker, and Sherman knew his ego couldn't tolerate being the #3 guy.... What about "Cell Phone Horn?

really any difference?

In terms of ability, sure, I agree with your point, just don't agree with your rationalizations and assumptions.... Joe Horn will only come here if he is PROMISED the opportunity to compete for #1 or #2 receiver. If he loses, Thompson should probably cut him. He has a history of complaining... That's not likely to change.

Wrong. Trading Glenn had nothing to do with Glenn's ego. It had to do with the fact that evry hit he took knocked him out of the game. He couldn't stay healthy so Sherman got some kind of value for him when offered.

AtlPackFan
03-07-2007, 02:31 PM
I heard the Falcons are making a big push to sign Horn and Blank is afraid to spend the money. Still, the Packers are mentioned in the article...

Receiver Horn, Falcons talking
By STEVE WYCHE
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 03/07/07

Veteran wide receiver Joe Horn passed his physical and met with Falcons' coaches and staff members Tuesday, according to a person with knowledge of the developments. Contract talks may have taken place after Horn passed the physical, the person said, however Horn did leave the team's Flowery Branch facility late Tuesday afternoon without a completed deal.

The Falcons and Horn have been talking since the outset of free agency last Friday — a day after New Orleans released the outspoken, four-time Pro Bowler. Horn's preference would be to play with Atlanta, although there has been interest from other teams, one being Green Bay. Horn's financial desires could play a factor in whether the Falcons sign the 11-year veteran.

Atlanta has just more than $6 million remaining under the cap to acquire free agents and sign their draft picks, according to the person with knowledge of the situation. The Falcons are expected to create more space by releasing veteran players, as they have done since free agency started. Five starters have either entered into free agency or been cut.

The 35-year-old Horn could be provide much-needed leadership and reliability to a still-developing wide receiving unit that will regain the service of veteran Brian Finneran, who missed last season after suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament in training camp. Atlanta lost starting wide receiver Ashley Lelie, who signed a free-agent contract with the San Francisco 49ers on Monday.

New coach Bobby Petrino would like to employ three- and four-wide receiver sets at times and the Falcons don't have much experience or depth, especially with the loss of Lelie.

AtlPackFan
03-07-2007, 02:33 PM
I heard the Falcons are making a big push to sign Horn and Blank is afraid to spend the money. Still, the Packers are mentioned in the article...

Sorry, it should read "Blank ISN'T afraid..." I have to get better at proof reading my stuff before I click submit. :oops:

HarveyWallbangers
03-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Atlanta has just more than $6 million remaining under the cap to acquire free agents and sign their draft picks

Which means they have virtually no money for Horn--since the rookie salary cap will eat most of their available money. I think the report that he's visiting Green Bay came out after his visit with Atlanta.

packers11
03-07-2007, 03:16 PM
NOOOO Horn... go back to Atlanta you bum... Sign with them... I don't want another fragile fergy...

esoxx
03-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Well, so much for Joe Horn. Maybe they should schedule these meetings earlier in the week versus later.

retailguy
03-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Wrong. Trading Glenn had nothing to do with Glenn's ego. It had to do with the fact that evry hit he took knocked him out of the game. He couldn't stay healthy so Sherman got some kind of value for him when offered.

Really? I don't remember reading that, or is that your opinion? If it's your opinion, WHY is it more valid than mine? Hmm?

RashanGary
03-07-2007, 06:54 PM
Sherman supporters no longer get to have opinions here RG :P

retailguy
03-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Sherman supporters no longer get to have opinions here RG :P

That about sums it all up, doesn't it?

Fritz
03-07-2007, 07:04 PM
One thing unmentioned here is that if the Falcs have to cut some guys to make room for Joe "Me So" Horny, maybe they'll cut loose some offensive linemen that might provide valuable depth in GB.

Freak Out
03-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Joe Horn? If that is the best TT can do were screwed. Someone posted it earlier but it bears repeating....biggest game of the year and Horn is nowhere to be found. Was he hurt? He sat almost all of December.

Edit: Groin

retailguy
03-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Joe Horn? If that is the best TT can do were screwed. Someone posted it earlier but it bears repeating....biggest game of the year and Horn is nowhere to be found. Was he hurt? He sat almost all of December.

Don't worry. Taco Wallace is still available.

esoxx
03-07-2007, 08:16 PM

Don't worry. Taco Wallace is still available.

So is Chris Francies. Wait, don't we already have him?

Never mind.

gbpackfan
03-07-2007, 08:16 PM
I think Joe Horn would be a nice addition. The guy has a HUGE chip on his shoulder and wants to come out and prove that he can still play. He may not be the threat he once was, but would be a GREAT #3. I say go get him.

Bretsky
03-07-2007, 08:30 PM
I think Joe Horn would be a nice addition. The guy has a HUGE chip on his shoulder and wants to come out and prove that he can still play. He may not be the threat he once was, but would be a GREAT #3. I say go get him.

He'd be better than than what we have. He's a solid 2/3 option.

We need to get Horn, Stallworth, or Moss in here.