PDA

View Full Version : Was this announcement made for Woodson?

imscott72
04-25-2006, 10:17 PM
Curious as to why he didn't wait til after the draft. Maybe Woodson related? Will this be enough to get him here? Lets hope!

esoxx
04-25-2006, 10:19 PM
I doubt it was. But if Woodson is on the fence right now it could sway him our way. Throw a few more greenbacks at him too and call it a night.

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 10:23 PM
Tell you what: I'll give my woody a call. I'm sure that'll do the trick.

:wink:

tyler

esoxx
04-25-2006, 10:25 PM
I thought you did that last night. :shock:

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 10:27 PM
I passed out. Too much Jack & Coke. You know, I won't soil this thread. I'll join Murph and Nutz over yonder.

tyler

esoxx
04-25-2006, 10:39 PM
Chuck, if you're out there, break off a call to TT and tell him....you're joining The Packer Nation!!!

Bretsky
04-25-2006, 10:40 PM
I doubt it was. But if Woodson is on the fence right now it could sway him our way. Throw a few more greenbacks at him too and call it a night.

Money will get the players, but TT super glued his wallet shut after signing Pickett.

Deputy Nutz
04-25-2006, 10:43 PM
I don't know if this has swung Woodson one way or another.

The one thing that we do have to factor in to this Favre coming back, is that Favre called up Arrington and tried to sell him on coming to Green Bay. If Favre was retiring, why bother?

Bretsky
04-25-2006, 10:47 PM
I don't know if this has swung Woodson one way or another.

The one thing that we do have to factor in to this Favre coming back, is that Favre called up Arrington and tried to sell him on coming to Green Bay. If Favre was retiring, why bother?

I don't think it did.

It's no secret for various reasons Woodson prefers Tampa Bay.

We get him if we offer enough money; that is bottom line.

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 10:50 PM
I've got a feeling he'll get caught up in the Favre magic and madness.

After this year, Favre could be the best QB that's ever played the game (by TDs). Woodson will never be able to say that he's played with that kind of player.

And TB isn't on the verge of a Super Bowl. They won't make it before Woodson retires. They're just not talented enough.

COME ON WOODSON! Come back to the great white north!

tyler

MJZiggy
04-25-2006, 10:57 PM
Wonder if this means they're drafting Davis to give him a fresh weapon...wonder if every GM in the league is having that very same thought...

billy_oliver880
04-25-2006, 11:01 PM

Money will get the players, but TT super glued his wallet shut after signing Pickett.

Thats incorrect. He offered big cash for vinetari and arrington. Perhaps his approach was not the best but he wasn't scared to pay the cash.

RashanGary
04-25-2006, 11:04 PM
Favre to Davis would be a great connection in 06 :)

Bretsky
04-25-2006, 11:08 PM

Thats incorrect. He offered big cash for vinetari and arrington. Perhaps his approach was not the best but he wasn't scared to pay the cash.

BILLY,

I agree with you on Vinateiri; he was using GB all the way.

But had TT pursued Arrington earlier instead of dragging his feet I truly believe he could have secured Lavar Arrington. But if ya snooze you loose.

If TT aggressively goes after Woodson with some focus and TLC he'd be a Packer.

MJZiggy
04-25-2006, 11:12 PM
I thought Arrington wasn't considering teams outside the East for the first little while. I think it's when he thought NY wasn't going to do anything that he expanded his search criteria and as soon as he got interest, they were back in the mix.

billy_oliver880
04-25-2006, 11:18 PM

BILLY,

I agree with you on Vinateiri; he was using GB all the way.

But had TT pursued Arrington earlier instead of dragging his feet I truly believe he could have secured Lavar Arrington. But if ya snooze you loose.

If TT aggressively goes after Woodson with some focus and TLC he'd be a Packer.

Ya I can agree with you on TTs approach with Arrington too.