PDA

View Full Version : Moss Will Not Be A Packer!!!

BlueBrewer
03-07-2007, 11:24 AM
A lot of you are talking in here like Moss is already on the roster. I have news for you, it ain't gonna happen. Al Davis has way to high a price in his head and TT is a tight ass. I'm not saying that i don't like the prospect of him on the Packers and actually finishing routes, I do, but its not going to happen. The Raiders and Packers have both stated that there have been no disussions regarding Moss, so wake up people!!! :beat:

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Acutally there has been reports both ways. Some saying that the packers and Radiers are still talking and some that say theres really no discussions. You cant say for sure the trade will not happen. All the teams with the most money have spent a lot of it and we probably have one of the highest caps now. If Moss can be had for a 3rd and a player, I see no reason why the trade can't happen. I rather not give up a second, but I still want Moss here.

swede
03-07-2007, 11:56 AM
I wonder why Moss isn't talking one way or the other.

With a mouth like his you'd have thought you'd have heard something about how he feels about prospective trade partners.

BlueBrewer
03-07-2007, 11:57 AM
I wonder why Moss isn't talking one way or the other.

With a mouth like his you'd have thought you'd have heard something about how he feels about prospective trade partners.

good point, its probably filled with a big Blunt.

woodbuck27
03-07-2007, 12:48 PM
For those of you who are salivating over the prospects of Randy Moss to Green Bay. Forget about it.

One

We can't afford Randy Moss's contract needs unless Brett Favre comes to the rescue and restructures his contract dramatically and . . .

Two

Its been reported that Randy Moss desires to be a winner again.
That would rule out the Packers in 2007 and what appears longer.

See Ahman Green and the consequences of that loss to OUR running game and why it would make little sense now for Favre to restructure his contract again ' for the team '.

See the moves an organization like the Pat's are making this off sason to date to secure the AFC Title in 2007.

The question mark is whether or not the Pat's can come up with the money needed to gain Randy Moss.

Three

It's very possible (see Nick Barnett and Brett Favre) that Randy Moss or any player costing in the $6-8 million dollar per season range, will not be a fit for Ted Thompson's two - three year plans or his agenda to secure the same.

Zool
03-07-2007, 12:51 PM
For those of you who are salivating over the prospects of Randy Moss to Green Bay. Forget about it.

One

We can't afford Randy Moss's contract needs unless Brett Favre comes to the rescue and restructures his contract dramatically and . . .

Two

See Ahman Green and the consequences of that loss to OUR running game and why it would make little sense now for Favre to restructure his contract again ' for the team '.

See the moves an organization like the Pat's are making this off sason to date to secure the AFC Title in 2007.

The question mark is whether or not the Pat's can come up with the money needed to gain Randy Moss.

Three

It's very possible (see Nick Barnett and Brett Favre) that Randy Moss or any player costing in the $6-8 million dollar per season range, will be a fit for Ted Thompson's two - three year plans or his agenda to secure the same.Thank you oracle.

woodbuck27
03-07-2007, 12:58 PM

One

Two

Three

It's very possible (see Nick Barnett and Brett Favre) that Randy Moss or any player costing in the $6-8 million dollar per season range, will be a fit for Ted Thompson's two - three year plans or his agenda to secure the same.Thank you oracle.

Edit

Three

Then, it's very possible (see Nick Barnett and Brett Favre) that Randy Moss or any player costing in the $6-8 million dollar per season range, will not be a fit for Ted Thompson's two - three year plans or his agenda to secure the same.

BF4MVP
03-07-2007, 01:11 PM
We can't afford Randy Moss's contract needs unless Brett Favre comes to the rescue and restructures his contract dramatically
How do you figure?! We have SO much cap room..No one needs to restructure any contract in order for us to take on that contract..

[/quote]
What makes you think the Pack cannot be a winning team on '07?! Because they lost Ahman Green?! He was OK last year, but we can easily replace his production...Our rookies from last year will be a year older..There's no reason to think that we can't improve on last season's .500 record..

Pacopete4
03-07-2007, 01:14 PM
how bout everyone just chills.. for those of you spazing that people are talking about him coming.. relax cuz guess what.. KNOW ONE KNOWS!!!!!!! KNOW ONE!!.. BlueBrewer, shut up. You dont know hes not coming.. you giving us ur opinions on why hes not coming is the exact same as us giving u opinions why he is coming.. so its a draw.. now everyone have fun with the fact that Favre could possible get a WR with as much talent as Sterling Sharpe..

BlueBrewer
03-07-2007, 02:12 PM
how bout everyone just chills.. for those of you spazing that people are talking about him coming.. relax cuz guess what.. KNOW ONE KNOWS!!!!!!! KNOW ONE!!.. BlueBrewer, shut up. You dont know hes not coming.. you giving us ur opinions on why hes not coming is the exact same as us giving u opinions why he is coming.. so its a draw.. now everyone have fun with the fact that Favre could possible get a WR with as much talent as Sterling Sharpe..

Ok, so I really don't have definitive proof, but I have just as much a right to say hes not coming. So shove your all caps and exclamation marks up your ass and don't tell me to shut up. And if you are really that hot over this I'll meet you half way in Gordon and we can settle this like men and then have a beer together.

imscott72
03-07-2007, 02:17 PM
LOL, its hard to even come in here and read posts anymore. Woodbuck and his constant negativity. Hey Woodbuck, you never did share with us how you'd run the team by the way..People absolutely freaking out on a daily basis because we haven't spent all of our cap room already. Take it easy people, take some meds for goodness sakes..lol, stress kills...If we get Moss, we get Moss. If we don't we don't...Somethin tells me there will still be football next season in Green Bay... :)

BlueBrewer
03-07-2007, 02:23 PM
[quote="imscott72"]LOL, its hard to even come in here and read posts anymore. Woodbuck and his constant negativity. Hey Woodbuck, you never did share with us how you'd run the team by the way..People absolutely freaking out on a daily basis because we haven't spent all of our cap room already. Take it easy people, take some meds for goodness sakes..lol, stress kills...If we get Moss, we get Moss. If we don't we don't...Somethin tells me there will still be football next season in Green Bay... :)

Fine you win. I'll settle down. :wink:

imscott72
03-07-2007, 02:28 PM
[quote=imscott72]LOL, its hard to even come in here and read posts anymore. Woodbuck and his constant negativity. Hey Woodbuck, you never did share with us how you'd run the team by the way..People absolutely freaking out on a daily basis because we haven't spent all of our cap room already. Take it easy people, take some meds for goodness sakes..lol, stress kills...If we get Moss, we get Moss. If we don't we don't...Somethin tells me there will still be football next season in Green Bay... :)

Fine you win. I'll settle down. :wink:

lol, thats better...I can sense your stress levels dropping already... :D

woodbuck27
03-07-2007, 02:31 PM
We can't afford Randy Moss's contract needs unless Brett Favre comes to the rescue and restructures his contract dramatically
How do you figure?! We have SO much cap room..No one needs to restructure any contract in order for us to take on that contract..

What makes you think the Pack cannot be a winning team on '07?! Because they lost Ahman Green?! He was OK last year, but we can easily replace his production...Our rookies from last year will be a year older..There's no reason to think that we can't improve on last season's .500 record..[/quote]

Good day BF4MVP:

Did you factor in the fact that Ted Thompson may extend Nick Barnett this season and the cost of that at around the $6 Million range per season? See the end of this post.

Add to that the cost of a player like J. Griffith at $4 million per season.

Now $23 million under the CAP minus $10 million equals $13 million.

The cost to sign the Rookie crop equals about $8 million. That leaves about $5 million to bring in Randy Moss and that won't cut it.

Now I refer you to the scenario where possibly Brett Favre could restructure his contract to free up money, as it's been reported that he has in the past. ie See Cletidus Hunt.

It's my feeling YES, that the loss of Ahman Green has weakened an already weak Packer running game. Are OUR options in free agency and in the draft ripe to improve that? That now appears difficult this season.

Again, the cost of bringing in a reliable free agent Vs the reality he will be productive. Again, money that isn't really there based on Ted Thompson's plans.

Ahman contributed around 1300 yards of offense in 2006 and to say that any of OUR existing RB's will duplicate Ahman's output (easily) in 2007, is speculation.

A real chance to improve on 8-8 and make the playoff's in 2007 is further burdened by a tougher schedule in 2007 and ' the reality ' we can't add playmakers due to money restrictions (again) in FA.

The consolation is a higher draft pick but that's not enough.

The Green Bay Packers players have to be scrupulously evaluated for cost Vs talent (contribution) to enable an upgrade of OUR team and it's future.The deadwood has to be cut.

Rookies being into their second season in no way offers a gurantee that they will grow to contribute more in regards to big plays.We often make reference to the sophmore jinx ie FS Nick Collins last season.Opposed to that we certainly hope that another off season program, will make OUR second and third year ofensive lineman stronger.That does support a better running game.

That again is offset by losing the talent of an Ahman Green.

woodbuck27
03-07-2007, 02:43 PM
LOL, its hard to even come in here and read posts anymore. Woodbuck and his constant negativity. Hey Woodbuck, you never did share with us how you'd run the team by the way..People absolutely freaking out on a daily basis because we haven't spent all of our cap room already. Take it easy people, take some meds for goodness sakes..lol, stress kills...If we get Moss, we get Moss. If we don't we don't...Somethin tells me there will still be football next season in Green Bay... :)

I am not about constant negativity Man.

It appears a moi that 'in fact' it may be YOU that needs to take a pill, LOL. :)

Your the man 'on point' arn't YOU. Be fair Packer fan.

Some that I post may be tongue in cheek. Do we have to be serious all the time?

If I'm called upon seriously to back up my position I do just that with the facts and reasoning based on possible scenarios. Again, merley based upon what I can garner as a fan.

I read as much as possible to stay on top of it all. It's not as if I'm in here to just spout off to annoy posters.

imscott72:

If I'm so annoying to YOU, then please simply ignore my posts. I won't feel insulted with that result. :)

DannoMac21
03-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Woodbuck's Canadian, what do you expect? Of course he's gonna be negative.

woodbuck27
03-07-2007, 03:22 PM
Woodbuck's Canadian, what do you expect? Of course he's gonna be negative.

I'm NOT negative.

Please elaborate on the because I'm Canadian I'm going to be negative Bullshit.

On second thought rather piss on a stump. :)

swede
03-07-2007, 03:36 PM

And...Voila!...Molson!

MJZiggy
03-07-2007, 03:36 PM
You Canadians sure do have interesting ways to spend your time up there...

imscott72
03-07-2007, 06:17 PM

I am not about constant negativity Man.

It appears a moi that 'in fact' it may be YOU that needs to take a pill, LOL. :)

Your the man 'on point' arn't YOU. Be fair Packer fan.

Some that I post may be tongue in cheek. Do we have to be serious all the time?

If I'm called upon seriously to back up my position I do just that with the facts and reasoning based on possible scenarios. Again, merley based upon what I can garner as a fan.

I read as much as possible to stay on top of it all. It's not as if I'm in here to just spout off to annoy posters.

imscott72:

If I'm so annoying to YOU, then please simply ignore my posts. I won't feel insulted with that result. :)

Your telling me to be a fair Packer fan? Aren't you the one that called TT an idiot? And what facts do you present with your arguments? All you say is that TT sucks and the team will suck over and over. I've been asking you for days to present your ideas on how TT should run the team, but I get no response. A man with so many complaints should at least have an idea of what should be done correct?

If you want to drum up possible scenerios, why not one like, TT might actually put together a competitive team this year if we give him half a chance? A negative post once in awhile isn't going to affect anyone, but people tend to gravitate away from people that are constantly negative. In other words, BE HAPPY!!! :D

PackerTimer
03-07-2007, 06:47 PM
The only thing they want is for TT to spend money. They don't care on where or who, just spend it somewhere. Every FA that is available should be signed. I mean, what the hell, we have the money to throw at every second rate player out there.

Merlin
03-07-2007, 07:26 PM
A lot of you are talking in here like Moss is already on the roster. I have news for you, it ain't gonna happen. Al Davis has way to high a price in his head and TT is a tight ass. I'm not saying that i don't like the prospect of him on the Packers and actually finishing routes, I do, but its not going to happen. The Raiders and Packers have both stated that there have been no disussions regarding Moss, so wake up people!!! :beat:

Although I agree that TT has a tight ass and needs to be cornholed, Al Davis is an idiot. If there is a deal to be made for Moss after stripping our offense, TT will make it. If he goes into the season 10 Mil under the cap again, don't be surprised if it's TT's last season with Green Bay. I am not saying run out and sign all these FA's. None of them has really caught my attention. I am more floored at how much some teams are overpaying mediocre players. I especially like it when a 4-3 defense signs an LB from a 3-4 defense and assumes is apples to apples. I for one am glad we haven't signed anyone on the market. I would like to see us try to trade for Tatum Bell but I don't see Detroit making that move to a team they face twice a year. As far as the draft, I see TT giving up the first pick for more draft choices. Everyone is all over the draft this year and to be honest, there isn't an instant difference maker like Reggie Bush in the first round. Brady Quinn is the most NFL ready selection and he will fall in the draft. Maybe TT will give up a 1st rounder for Moss, who knows. I expect Al Davis to make a deal that he thinks is awesome but as Packer Fans, we know he got the shaft.

Pacopete4
03-07-2007, 07:33 PM
if ur so tough, come on up here buddy.. mine werent fighting words but since ur such a tough guy u can make the trip.. my point was theres NO evidence either way to support any of you clowns.. not just u or me..

Merlin
03-07-2007, 07:36 PM
if ur so tough, come on up here buddy.. mine werent fighting words but since ur such a tough guy u can make the trip.. my point was theres NO evidence either way to support any of you clowns.. not just u or me..

What are you? 12?

retailguy
03-07-2007, 07:43 PM

What are you? 12?

I'm voting for 10. But maybe 9... Oh, wait, you said AGE. I thought you said IQ.... My bad...

chewy-bacca
03-07-2007, 09:49 PM

And...Voila!...Molson!

:laugh:

woodbuck27
03-08-2007, 08:38 AM
"Your telling me to be a fair Packer fan? Aren't you the one that called TT an idiot? And what facts do you present with your arguments? All you say is that TT sucks and the team will suck over and over. I've been asking you for days to present your ideas on how TT should run the team, but I get no response. A man with so many complaints should at least have an idea of what should be done correct?

If you want to drum up possible scenerios, why not one like, TT might actually put together a competitive team this year if we give him half a chance? A negative post once in awhile isn't going to affect anyone, but people tend to gravitate away from people that are constantly negative. In other words, BE HAPPY!!! " imscott72

My response to you imscott72:

I posted this yesterday.

The Green Bay Packers players have to be scrupulously evaluated for cost Vs talent (contribution) to enable an upgrade of OUR team and it's future.The deadwood has to be cut.

This was in my E-Mail fr. Packers.Com this AM:

COACHING STAFF STAYING A STEP AHEAD

It's a new and different off-season for the Green Bay Packers coaching
staff.

Now that they've been together for essentially a full year, the coaches
don't have any less work to do. But the responsibilities have changed from a year ago to the extent that their focus has shifted from the building and
installation of 2006 to the potential progress and improvement in 2007, providing a palpable upbeat nature to the upcoming off-season program and college draft.

"We didn't do scheme evaluations last year of how we performed,
analyzing plays and things of that nature, because we were building a playbook," offensive line coach James Campen said.

"Now it's fun to be able to evaluate your own
guys and see them working within an offense. Instead of speculating on a lot of people,we can see the offense, how it works, and how to make corrections."

The same goes for the defense, which has gone through the same thorough scheme evaluation. And whereas last year a playbook was being developed by defensive coordinator Bob Sanders and his staff based on the scheme of Sanders' mentor, Jim Bates, this year there's a more established foundation for how everything will work.

More - http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2007/03/06/1/

"Your telling me to be a fair Packer fan? Aren't you the one that called TT an idiot? And what facts do you present with your arguments? All you say is that TT sucks and the team will suck over and over." inscott72

Now dig into my posts imscott72 and prove that 'in fact' I've posted the words,as YOU put it:

TT sucks

I have never posted those words; 'in fact' I do believe that overall he is doing as well as we might reasonably expect, given the conditions presented to him.

From an article on OUR situation at RB.We are now aware that Ted Thompson was comfortable with OUR RB's and willing to part with Ahman Green, if he wouldn't agree to a one year contract at about $5 million. As a Packer fan I don't share that comfort.

I do feel that Ahman Green got a sweet deal that Ted Thompson would have extended himself to match.Still I posted that some Packer fans would suffer that loss and I'm one of them.

Secondly on the above I didn't post that Ted Thompson is an idiot.

In fairnes to you, that may have been inferred, but it's not my style to lower myself to namecalling. Again read my posts for verification of that otherwise.

Please re-read that post where I use the word idiot in reference to an East Indian pronouncing that word then maybe you'll get the joke.We have a commercial that runs alot here in Canada for Doritos Corn chips that I'm thinking of when I made that comment.

It was merely a joke imscott72.

I have admitted that I have dificulty with Ted Thompson's style, but I wouldn't expect that the General Manager of the Green Bay packers is an idiot.

"A man with so many complaints should at least have an idea of what should be done correct?" imscott72

Where am I complaining imscott72?

My posts overwhelmingly are directed at why Ted Thompson hasn't made a splash in FA. I have developed scenarios that justify his direction; never as I re-call posted that he should go after this or that free agent this of season.

I'm growing to understand Ted Thompson more and I'll admit that has been a struggle for me. Certain members of this forum have enabled that growth in me.

This will be a season for evaluating the Packers and not throwing money to waste or good into bad. The consequences of that may show up as a negative in the win - loss column. Time will tell but I trust that Ted Thompsons plan will in the long term render much to cheer about as Packer fans.

I trust that my position is clearer to you with this post and to the forum.

GO PACK GO !

Fritz
03-08-2007, 08:41 AM
"Although I agree that TT has a tight ass and needs to be cornholed,"

Wow. So how do you feel about TT's mouth?

This is a crazy thread.

imscott72
03-08-2007, 09:00 AM

I rest my case on the quality of posts here lately... :roll:

woodbuck27
03-08-2007, 09:02 AM
You Canadians sure do have interesting ways to spend your time up there...

Whatever that means.

Here's an affirmation to your question of who oversee's the CAP on the Packers:

Q?: One of the things the Packers have mostly done the last 15 years is stay competitive with the changing of rosters. Is the key to staying successful being fiscally responsible?

Answer by Andrew Brandt:

A lot is made of cap room, and how much cap room there is. It's really a fluid figure. There have been points in my career where we've had very little cap room, but made very big signings at the same time. When we signed (defensive end) Joe Johnson, who was one of our biggest free agent signings, we were very much against the cap. It's really business decisions more than cap room. It's my responsibility to make the cap work and it was working then and now and hopefully it always works.

imscott72
03-08-2007, 09:22 AM
"Your telling me to be a fair Packer fan? Aren't you the one that called TT an idiot? And what facts do you present with your arguments? All you say is that TT sucks and the team will suck over and over. I've been asking you for days to present your ideas on how TT should run the team, but I get no response. A man with so many complaints should at least have an idea of what should be done correct?

If you want to drum up possible scenerios, why not one like, TT might actually put together a competitive team this year if we give him half a chance? A negative post once in awhile isn't going to affect anyone, but people tend to gravitate away from people that are constantly negative. In other words, BE HAPPY!!! " imscott72

My response to you imscott72:

I posted this yesterday.

This was in my E-Mail fr. Packers.Com this AM:

COACHING STAFF STAYING A STEP AHEAD

It's a new and different off-season for the Green Bay Packers coaching
staff.

Now that they've been together for essentially a full year, the coaches
don't have any less work to do. But the responsibilities have changed from a year ago to the extent that their focus has shifted from the building and
installation of 2006 to the potential progress and improvement in 2007, providing a palpable upbeat nature to the upcoming off-season program and college draft.

"We didn't do scheme evaluations last year of how we performed,
analyzing plays and things of that nature, because we were building a playbook," offensive line coach James Campen said.

"Now it's fun to be able to evaluate your own
guys and see them working within an offense. Instead of speculating on a lot of people,we can see the offense, how it works, and how to make corrections."

The same goes for the defense, which has gone through the same thorough scheme evaluation. And whereas last year a playbook was being developed by defensive coordinator Bob Sanders and his staff based on the scheme of Sanders' mentor, Jim Bates, this year there's a more established foundation for how everything will work.

More - http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2007/03/06/1/

"Your telling me to be a fair Packer fan? Aren't you the one that called TT an idiot? And what facts do you present with your arguments? All you say is that TT sucks and the team will suck over and over." inscott72

Now dig into my posts imscott72 and prove that 'in fact' I've posted the words,as YOU put it:

TT sucks

I have never posted those words; 'in fact' I do believe that overall he is doing as well as we might reasonably expect, given the conditions presented to him.

From an article on OUR situation at RB.We are now aware that Ted Thompson was comfortable with OUR RB's and willing to part with Ahman Green, if he wouldn't agree to a one year contract at about $5 million. As a Packer fan I don't share that comfort.

I do feel that Ahman Green got a sweet deal that Ted Thompson would have extended himself to match.Still I posted that some Packer fans would suffer that loss and I'm one of them.

Secondly on the above I didn't post that Ted Thompson is an idiot.

In fairnes to you, that may have been inferred, but it's not my style to lower myself to namecalling. Again read my posts for verification of that otherwise.

Please re-read that post where I use the word idiot in reference to an East Indian pronouncing that word then maybe you'll get the joke.We have a commercial that runs alot here in Canada for Doritos Corn chips that I'm thinking of when I made that comment.

It was merely a joke imscott72.I have admitted that I have dificulty with Ted Thompson's style, but I wouldn't expect that the General Manager of the Green Bay packers is an idiot.

"A man with so many complaints should at least have an idea of what should be done correct?" imscott72

Where am I complaining imscott72? My posts overwhelmingly are directed at why Ted Thompson hasn't made a splash in FA. I have developed scenarios that justify his direction; never as I re-call posted that he should go after this or that free agent this of season.

I'm growing to understand Ted Thompson more and I'll admit that has been a struggle for me.Certain members of this forum have enabled that growth in me.

This will be a season for evaluating the Packers and not throwing money to waste or good into bad. The consequences of that may show up as a negative in the win - loss column.Time will tell but I trust that Ted Thompsons plan will in the long term render much to cheer about as Packer fans.

I trust that my position is clearer to you with this post and to the forum.

GO PACK GO !

Yes, you called TT an idiot, here in this thread. All I"m sayin is don't rip on me for claiming some east coast journalist's statement being retarded was harsh when your calling our own GM an idiot.

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=112363&highlight=#112363

As far as TT offering 5 mill to Green, I believe he did. Green still got a better deal from Houston. Your crazy if you think we should have matched that deal.

As far as that email from Packers.com, not sure what that has to do with anything. I was asking for YOUR interpretation of what TT should do since he can't seem to do anything right. All I got from you is "cut the deadwood." What do you mean? Who are you considering "deadwood"?

I'm glad your starting to understand TT and trust in his plan. My point is simple. It's just to early to hang the guy just because he hasn't made a blockbuster deal. History has shown us over and over that simply signing the big name FA's doesn't guarantee you a championship. It just puts you in cap hell. TT is guaranteeing that never happens to us. For goodness sakes, the guy's job depends on whether the team is competitive or not, do you really think he's just going to sit on the 21 million and go with what we have now?

I really don't want to find with ya Woodbuck. Sometimes you just come off strong and it just rubbed me the wrong way this time. I really don't have a problem with you personally, and I'm impressed that you share with us the passion of loving our Packers...Even tho you are Canadian...Just kidding.. :D

Pacopete4
03-08-2007, 09:36 AM
the kid called me out.. told me to meet him half way.. i aint backin down to some kid wanting me to fight him for things i said on a forum.. absolutely not

woodbuck27
03-08-2007, 09:38 AM
"Yes, you called TT an idiot, here in this thread.

All I"m sayin is don't rip on me for claiming some east coast journalist's statement being retarted was harsh when your calling our own GM an idiot. " imscott72

I didn't rip on you imscott72,rather I tried to come to your rescue. You made an incorrect assumtion. :)

I will reaffirm this:

Ted Thompson isn't an idiot. K !

commercial >> echoing >> an East Indian father's response to describe his reaction to a suitor's expression of enamour for his daughter.

That was a poor joke on my part. I certainly understand your defense of Ted Thompson here imscott72.

"As far as TT offering 5 mill to Green, I believe he did. Green still got a better deal from Houston. Your crazy if you think we should have matched that deal." imscott72

woodbuck27:

I never posted that TT should have matched the deal that the Texan's offered Ahman Green.You won't find otherwise.

You may decide to infer alot, but I'm about done with this back and forth It's not healthy.

Under the circumstances as we now know them. I believe that Ted Thompson's hands were tied. Not as much by the enormity of Ahman's new contract per season: more by the length and gurantee's of the deal that Ahman Green secured.

Ted Thompsons plan regarding Ahman Green. Was to secure him again for a one year deal.

"As far as that email from Packers.com, not sure what that has to do with anything. I was asking for YOUR interpretation of what TT should do since he can't seem to do anything right. All I got from you is "cut the deadwood." What do you mean? Who are you considering "deadwood"?" imscott72

woodbuck27:

Read to understand my post please, imscott72.

Again.Yesterday I posted that to better shape up OUR CAP, the Packers should in my view through evaluation of it's players, decide to cut all deadwood.

Players that may be considered as cuts, based on knowledge we pass on here, ie Junius Coston or Robert Ferguson

Today in my E-Mail fr. Packer.com I read that 'in fact' that will be the case. You just have to read between the lines to come to that conclusion or the deadwood will be cut.

" I'm glad your starting to understand TT and trust in his plan. My point is simple. It's just to early to hang the guy just because he hasn't made a blockbuster deal. History has shown us over and over that simply signing the big name FA's doesn't guarantee you a championship. It just puts you in cap hell. TT is guaranteeing that never happens to us. For goodness sakes, the guy's job depends on whether the team is competitive or not, do you really think he's just going to sit on the 21 million and go with what we have now? " imscott72

woodbuck27:

I'm not one of the posters here that voted to FIRE Ted Thompson based on anything done not done in this off season.I'm clearly on the fence.

"I really don't want to find with ya Woodbuck. Sometimes you just come off strong and it just rubbed me the wrong way this time. I really don't have a problem with you personally, and I'm impressed that you share with us the passion of loving our Packers...Even tho you are Canadian...Just kidding.. " imscott72

Well. That almost sounds like I got your blessing. :)

Let's move past this. Please.

BlueBrewer
03-08-2007, 01:48 PM
the kid called me out.. told me to meet him half way.. i aint backin down to some kid wanting me to fight him for things i said on a forum.. absolutely not

Settle down little fella, I'm not really gonna come up to Superior and roll you. I have matured somewhat over the years. You did tell me to shut up though and I do take offense to that. Oh and I'm 28 so if that makes me a kid to you then so be it.

woodbuck27
03-08-2007, 02:00 PM
OK imscott72.

It's now late Wed. 08 March 2007 and Ted Thompson stlll hasn't signed one bona fide FA.

I'm concerned.

No actually I'm now down on the record as saying that. . . .

Ted Thompson is beginning ' to appear to SUCK ' !!

:)

BlueBrewer
03-08-2007, 02:02 PM
OK imscott72.

It's now late Wed. 08 March 2007 and Ted Thompson stlll hasn't signed one bona fide FA.

I'm concerned.

I am concerned as well. Actually this is making me sick. I didn't expect him to break the bank, but at least visit with a few people before every last one is gone. Make me think you are trying at least.

woodbuck27
03-08-2007, 02:10 PM
OK imscott72.

I'm concerned.

I am concerned as well. Actually this is making me sick. I didn't expect him to break the bank, but at least visit with a few people before every last one is gone. Make me think you are trying at least.

Yea.

What really bothers me is I'm wondering if he even sets it up to determine what some of the useful FA's may want to sign in Green Bay.

I'm only assuming that program ( using a telephone :) ) may begin around three weeks into it.

I'm just dieing here, I'm laughing so hard.

Ted's a beauty.

woodbuck27
03-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Jeeee, all the insanity has this thread the second most viewed on the page. :)

MJZiggy
03-08-2007, 02:16 PM
OK imscott72.

I'm concerned.

Didn't I just read that 10 teams have not signed anyone yet? Isn't that like a full third of the league?

BlueBrewer
03-08-2007, 02:25 PM
OK imscott72.

I'm concerned.

Didn't I just read that 10 teams have not signed anyone yet? Isn't that like a full third of the league?

Yes but are they in the top3 in cap money and did they lose there franchise rb?

woodbuck27
03-08-2007, 02:34 PM
OK imscott72.

I'm concerned.

Here comes 'the Cavalry , the TT Gestapo, Elmer Fudd and leading TT cheerleader all wrapped up into one . . .

to the rescue. :)

Just having a little fun here MJ. :)

woodbuck27
03-08-2007, 02:36 PM
OK !!

Now it's the most observed thread on the 1st page.

So my work here today is done.

imscott72
03-08-2007, 02:56 PM
OK imscott72.

I'm concerned.

:roll: White flag.....

imscott72
03-08-2007, 02:59 PM
OK imscott72.

I'm concerned.

Yes but are they in the top3 in cap money and did they lose there franchise rb?

I must have missed the part where they moved the NFL season up 6 months to run concurrently with the baseball season... :lol:

Lurker64
03-08-2007, 03:04 PM

Doesn't that put us in the elite class of the other 1/3 of the NFL that hasn't signed anybody yet? Are the fans of all of those teams freaking out?

Since when is Free Agency a race?

MJZiggy
03-08-2007, 03:10 PM

Doesn't that put us in the elite class of the other 1/3 of the NFL that hasn't signed anybody yet? Are the fans of all of those teams freaking out?

Probably...

MJZiggy
03-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Just having a little fun here MJ. :)

It's better than pissing on a stump I guess... :huh:

Packnut
03-08-2007, 03:16 PM

And do those 1/3 other teams have as many holes as we do? I would wager most don't, so your comparison lacks substance.

TE,WR,RB,S,FB

imscott72
03-08-2007, 06:20 PM

And do those 1/3 other teams have as many holes as we do? I would wager most don't, so your comparison lacks substance.

TE,WR,RB,S,FB

Pittsburgh and the Giants have several holes to fill, but have done next to nothing in FA...Tampa was 4-12 last year and signed Garcia, other than that, nothing..Minnesota signed a couple guys to boneheaded contracts, but still desperately need a WR..Point is, most teams have several needs yet, but yet many FA's remained unsigned...There's a reason for that...The market value is still bloated. Look at McGahee's contract..The time will come for TT to become active..

Merlin
03-09-2007, 09:18 AM
I agree. Let the stupid teams blow their wad on players that aren't worth it. Randy Moss isn't even a FA so it could be a very long time before we hear anything about him, could be as long as 6 months before we know where he "may" go.

We definitely don't need 25 Mil in cap space to sign him. As I have stated before, there wasn't anyone worth signing for us in the FA. The Green move was something I didn't count on this off season and something that TT could have prevented if he wanted to. I also would be leary about signing a 30 year old RB for 6.5 Mil. I am even more stunned that if we really did offer him 5 Mil a for this year that he didn't take it. More then likely, TT wouldn't go that high.

Packnut
03-09-2007, 09:47 AM

TE,WR,RB,S,FB

Pittsburgh and the Giants have several holes to fill, but have done next to nothing in FA...Tampa was 4-12 last year and signed Garcia, other than that, nothing..Minnesota signed a couple guys to boneheaded contracts, but still desperately need a WR..Point is, most teams have several needs yet, but yet many FA's remained unsigned...There's a reason for that...The market value is still bloated. Look at McGahee's contract..The time will come for TT to become active..

WRONG. Can't compare us with Pitt as they have 1/2 less the cap space we do. TB has made a few moves so how do you compare that with us doing nothing? The Giants also do not have as much cap space as us nor as many holes to fill. They also have a QB who will be around for several years.
You guys who think this is ok should be forced to sit in a room together and watch the Jets and Pats game. Then come back and give me a logical explanation with FACTS how this team as it stands right now is better than the one that got DESTROYED.

woodbuck27
03-09-2007, 12:08 PM
I agree. Let the stupid teams blow their wad on players that aren't worth it. Randy Moss isn't even a FA so it could be a very long time before we hear anything about him, could be as long as 6 months before we know where he "may" go.

We definitely don't need 25 Mil in cap space to sign him. As I have stated before, there wasn't anyone worth signing for us in the FA. The Green move was something I didn't count on this off season and something that TT could have prevented if he wanted to. I also would be leary about signing a 30 year old RB for 6.5 Mil. I am even more stunned that if we really did offer him 5 Mil a for this year that he didn't take it. More then likely, TT wouldn't go that high.

Hindsight is 20-20 but TT would have been prudent to sign Ahman Green for two (maybe three seasons) in 2006.

Wasn't he aware of Ahman's work ethic and value?

MJZiggy
03-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Of course he was, Buck, he even said so in the press conference, but Ahman seemed to want to see what his worth might be on the market and Texas offered an exhorbitant amount of money.

Guiness
03-09-2007, 02:09 PM
wow. Got ugly in here. I was busy outside doing, well, y'know. 'Cept I did it off a porch. 8)

I'm still holding my breath watching all of this, and my guess is that TT is shaking his head looking at the stupid money being thrown around. However, it's a new reality - every year you see players getting signed to deals that look stupid when compared to previous year.

We've got money, and I think it behooves us to spend some to improve the team. However, I won't be upset if it doesn't all get spent, and we use some of it to extend existing players that are playing well. The unfortunate downside of that, of course, is you generally want to extend players that are near the end of their rookie contracts, and the cupboard is pretty bare in that respect, outside of Barnett. Sherman's fabulous drafting means all of our player are 2nd year, or nearing the end of their second contract (and end of their prime years...)

woodbuck27
03-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Of course he was, Buck, he even said so in the press conference, but Ahman seemed to want to see what his worth might be on the market and Texas offered an exhorbitant amount of money.

I've arrived just there also as it's recorded on another thread MJ.

Noone is feeling sorry for Ahman or his value to himself. :)

but. . .

Will someone please sign Ted Thompson up for the ' How to use a Telephone ' and ' Packers Backfield - First Aid ' courses.