PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetically....

Bub
03-07-2007, 06:53 PM
if Quinn falls...would you draft him?

ND72
03-07-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm probably banned from answering this question....he won't fall out of the top 5, garuntee.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-07-2007, 06:55 PM
Hell yes, Quinn will be a lot better than Rodgers IMO. We would be set at the most important position on the team, better than lynch or anybody else we can draft in round one.

Bub
03-07-2007, 06:56 PM
I doubt he'll drop toO, I was just curious.

Most people didn't think AR would drop either.

RashanGary
03-07-2007, 06:57 PM
I agree ND. All this talk about him dropping is insane. He's alot like Leinart but he has a bigger arm and that was Leinarts only issue. He's a top notch prospect. I'd love to have him.

The Shadow
03-07-2007, 07:05 PM
It would depend on what I thoght of Rodgers, after working with him since he was drafted.

Fritz
03-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Don't know enough about the guy. But would it be tempting to trade that pcik for some desperate team, and get an extra second for him? Like I said, I don't know much about the guy.

The Shadow
03-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Don't know enough about the guy. But would it be tempting to trade that pcik for some desperate team, and get an extra second for him? Like I said, I don't know much about the guy.

And none of us really do, Fritz.

Bretsky
03-07-2007, 07:29 PM
if Quinn falls...would you draft him?

I'd like to reserve my view to give TT a few more weeks to see if he's going to try to make some things happen.

MadtownPacker
03-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Hell yes draft him if he falls!!

b bulldog
03-07-2007, 09:07 PM
He will definitely drop out of the top 5.

RashanGary
03-07-2007, 09:09 PM
He will definitely drop out of the top 5.

He wont' get past the Vikings if he does.

b bulldog
03-07-2007, 09:14 PM
I agree with you but the Vikings aren't in the top 5.

Charles Woodson
03-07-2007, 09:17 PM
I agree with you but the Vikings aren't in the top 5.

yea he said if he slips through top five then the vikings will take him

b bulldog
03-07-2007, 09:29 PM
yeah but the point was made that he will never get out of the top 5

ahaha
03-07-2007, 10:38 PM
He could easily go to the Browns at #3. Winslow and Edwards. They need a QB to enhance those talented receivers. Quinn had a good pro day.
If the Packers have a shot, take him. Maybe then they could trade Rodgers for a second or a third & 6th.

PackerPro42
03-08-2007, 06:46 AM
If he fell to 16 I would be pissed if the Packers drafted him.I know, Quinn was the only "Bright" spot on a bad ND team but how do you think he'll adapt to the NFL on an even shittier team in the pros. Saying Quinn didn't play that well because of the team around him is a load of crap, an elite prospect makes it work anyways.

MJZiggy
03-08-2007, 06:49 AM
Ummm...we're a shittier team than ND was last year? I would have to disagree. Draft the kid if he falls.

Bretsky
03-08-2007, 06:52 AM
I'd be torn

I want to win now; that being said I'm a heck of a lot higher on Brady Quinn than I was on Aaron Rodgers coming out of college.

I still consider the Rodgers is getting picked #1 theory to be a complete ESPN created fallacy.

b bulldog
03-08-2007, 06:58 AM
I doubt that he gets past Minny or Miami.

Oldwis
03-08-2007, 09:14 AM
On the Notre Dame website there is a streaming video of Quinn working out.

http://und.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/nd-m-footbl-body.html

You have to use Internet Explorer to watch CSTV. You also have to register,
but it is free and easy.

Sitting in the bleachers is Ted Thompson with someone else, possibly Andrew Brandt . Also there were Brad Childress, the Vikings GM, and the Vikings owner. Also Romeo Crennell was there with the Browns owner. Thirty NFL teams were represented. I don't think the Pros pay much attention to Mel Kiper. :wink:

Cordially,

Oldwis

ND72
03-08-2007, 09:21 AM
you're all gonna be pissed when he's taken in the top 5, and i'll be the first one on here draft day to :lol: at all of you.

woodbuck27
03-08-2007, 09:23 AM
I'm probably banned from answering this question....he won't fall out of the top 5, garuntee.

Does he move well in and out of the pocket?

ND72
03-08-2007, 09:28 AM

Does he move well in and out of the pocket?

A lot better than a lot of people give him credit for. He's a very good athlete, and can move pretty darn well.

imscott72
03-08-2007, 09:31 AM
you're all gonna be pissed when he's taken in the top 5, and i'll be the first one on here draft day to :lol: at all of you.

I don't think any of us will be pissed. Do we really want to spend our 1st on a QB when we are trying to win now? What if we can't unload Arod? We'd be sitting with two 1st round QB's and one VERY unhappy Aaron Rodgers. It would set us back at least a year imo...We can't afford that. We have to take advantage of having Brett while we still do...

ND72
03-08-2007, 09:37 AM
I didn't mean pissed for us, cause I acompletely agree, we can't take a QB unless we loose ARod....I meant people will be pissed cause there are a lot of haters of Brady Quinn, especially since he's a ND guy. Plus, I think he goes to Detroit, just a hunch, especially if CJ is gone...and he will be VERY good in the NFL.

LL2
03-08-2007, 09:39 AM

I don't think any of us will be pissed. Do we really want to spend our 1st on a QB when we are trying to win now? What if we can't unload Arod? We'd be sitting with two 1st round QB's and one VERY unhappy Aaron Rodgers. It would set us back at least a year imo...We can't afford that. We have to take advantage of having Brett while we still do...

I agree. Unless we trade Arod we don’t need two first round QB picks on the roster. All of this depends on what M3 and TT think of Arod. They know more than we do. Quinn does need to worry about being this years Arod though. If the Raiders, Bills, and Miami pass up on him he will drop like a rock and be sitting all by himself.

imscott72
03-08-2007, 09:45 AM
I didn't mean pissed for us, cause I acompletely agree, we can't take a QB unless we loose ARod....I meant people will be pissed cause there are a lot of haters of Brady Quinn, especially since he's a ND guy. Plus, I think he goes to Detroit, just a hunch, especially if CJ is gone...and he will be VERY good in the NFL.

Ahh ok..I don't know how I feel about Quinn. I admit I haven't seen much of him since I'm not a fan of ND...College QB's are so unknown. You never know who is going to be a bust and who isn't. Is he the next Ryan Leaf? Carson Palmer? Who knows? I think the jury is always out until he actually plays in an NFL game, which is nothing like the college game...

woodbuck27
03-08-2007, 10:39 AM

http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

BIG CHANGES IN MIAMI

The 2007 Dolphins will look much different than the 2006 version of the team. Gone are guys like Randy McMichael, Joey Harrington, Bennie Anderson, Seth McKinney, Kevin Carter, Jeno James, Damion McIntosh, and Wes Welker. Of 14 unrestricted free agents, none have re-signed -- and several are landing elsewhere, including running backs Travis Minor and Sammy Morris.

The latest departure is fullback Darian Barnes. We're told that Barnes has reached an agreement with the Jets, where he will replace B.J. Askew, who bolted for the Buccaneers.

Some members of the media believe that the purge represents an effort by new G.M. Randy Mueller to finagle some short-term job security, since the exodus will as a practical matter reduce expectations.

And if Mueller's goal is to ensure that he'll be around for more than a year or two, that could make him more likely to push for quarterback Brady Quinn in the draft, since it will then be hard to evaluate the overall success of Mueller's first draft until Quinn has a chance to develop. Or not.

All things considered, the organization is in dramatically different condition than it was last year at this time, when optimism was building for a highly successful season. Now, the winds of change are blowing like a Category 4. Whether the end result will be better or worse remains to be seen.

woodbuck27
03-08-2007, 10:47 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4611173.html

March 8, 2007, 1:33AM

Ramsey agrees to deal with Broncos
Texans sign Clark, who will compete for starting LB job

Read below the Texan's expected to draft Brady Quinn if he falls to them.

By JOHN MCCLAIN
Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

Free-agent quarterback Patrick Ramsey has agreed to a contract with the Denver Broncos, leaving the Texans in the market for another veteran.

On the day they signed free-agent linebacker Danny Clark, who can play all three positions but should challenge Shantee Orr for a starting job, the Texans negotiated with Jimmy Sexton, who represents Ramsey.

The Texans, Broncos and Panthers were the finalists for Ramsey, a first-round pick by Washington who wasn't invited back by the Jets after his one season in New York.

The Texans' strategy makes it more likely that David Carr will be traded. They didn't get Jake Plummer because they refused to part with a draft choice. Denver dealt him to Tampa Bay, but Plummer retired. Keep in mind that he can come out of retirement at any time, and the Buccaneers own his rights.

Then the Texans pursued free agent Jeff Garcia but didn't want to commit $5 million a year to him. He signed with Tampa Bay.

With Plummer not an option at the moment and Garcia playing with the Bucs, why would the Texans go after Ramsey, who is viewed as a backup? Without anyone admitting it publicly or privately, it is clear that if Ramsey had signed, he would have been the backup behind Sage Rosenfels.

The Texans made an offer similar to Denver, but Ramsey was more comfortable knowing exactly what his situation would be — the backup to Jay Cutler. Ramsey didn't want to become a part of the logjam the Texans could have at quarterback.

Carr still has to be traded. If Brady Quinn drops to the eighth spot, the Texans are expected to select him.

He would be developed behind Rosenfels. If Quinn isn't available, the Texans are expected to take a quarterback in the second or third round to develop. Either way, they are looking for a veteran to play behind Rosenfels.

Meanwhile, Clark became the team's second free-agent signing. He has played seven years. He was the Oakland Raiders' leading tackler in 2004 and 2005. He signed with New Orleans last year but spent the season contributing on special teams.

"He's a thumper who can help at every spot," Texans general manager Rick Smith said. "He's got good instincts for the position, and we're happy to get him."

The Texans brought in defensive tackle James Reed on Wednesday. Defensive tackle Jeff Zgonia is visiting Thursday.

john.mcclain@chron.com