PDA

View Full Version : Draft Day Trade Rumor with Pat trading two firsts

Spaulding
03-08-2007, 08:13 AM
I know it's total speculation at this point but just wondering if anyone things it might be worthwhile to drop down (per normal TT philosophy) unless we're dead set on Lynch if available at #16.

During the University of Florida Pro Day, there seemed to be a number of different teams inquiring about Reggie Nelson, particularly the New England Patriots. As S2S speculated in previous posts, the Patriots might be willing to use both of their picks in the first round to grab someone like Nelson. We expect the Patriots to be very active in trying to obtain the Packers first round pick. This would allow them to jump in front of Jacksonville, who is also intrigued by Nelson. We bring up one possibility: the possibility of the Patriots trading the 24th and 28th pick in the draft to the Packers, who would give up the 16th and 47th picks in the draft.

Value-wise it's almost a wash with the Pat's picks being worth 1400 and our two being worth 1430. I guess the question is are there two players TT wants that might available in the 20-30 spots that definitely won't be there by the time the 47th pick rolls around.

Maybe Meacham or Ginn and/or Greg Olsen or Michael Griffin?

Bretsky
03-08-2007, 08:16 AM
If Lynch is there I don't see how TT can pass him with our cup of talent at RB being near empty.

If Lynch is gone, I think I'd take that if TT liked Merriweather.

Then he drafts Merriweather and a WR like Meecham

Fritz
03-08-2007, 08:26 AM
It's an interesting thought, isn't it? Heck, you could even trade that second first rounder and pick up an extra third rounder. Then you'd have six picks in the first three rounds.

Somehow I think TT and MM like Arliss Beach a lot. I have no basis for this - just a hunch.

red
03-08-2007, 08:42 AM
why would we trade a spot where another team can pick a player that we need?

if lynch is gone and nelson is somehow there at #16, then we'll take him

Spaulding
03-08-2007, 09:15 AM
Fritz, I think we're on the same page as I posted the following March 4th:

What about Arliss Beach? Prior to his pre-season injury he showed some spark. Not enough to bank a roster spot let alone a starting running back that will have an impact but I've seen his name pop many times with nothing but positives.

CaliforniaCheez
03-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Best value is what Ted is seeking.
I don't think any possibilities should be ruled out.

gureski
03-08-2007, 10:42 AM
From what I'm reading, Lynch is in no way a must-have calibur player. He's good but he comes with baggage. I could be wrong but I'll be shocked if Thompson comes out after the draft and says Lynch was the guy he wanted all along. I don't even see the team grabbing a RB in the first round. I think they'll try for Kenny Irons or another back in the second round. There are just too many other positions that are harder to fill then RB for Thompson to make his first round pick a RB like Lynch.