PDA

View Full Version : First round of draft from Yahoo

AtlPackFan
03-08-2007, 01:49 PM
My apologies if anyone posted this already...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jm-mockdraft030707&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I won't post the whole draft since the link doesn't require a password or anything but I will post who thinks the Packers will draft. Any takers on his pick///

16. Green Bay Packers – Ted Ginn Jr., wide receiver/kick returner, Ohio State. The Packers need to address finding another playmaker on offense, so it could come down to a trio of prospects. But after losing Ahman Green in free agency, general manager Ted Thompson said he felt comfortable with the backs they had on the roster. If they're unable to secure the services of Randy Moss, the ideal choice for them would be this versatile Buckeyes' speedster. He instantly improves their special teams, and when combined with Donald Driver and Greg Jennings, he offers them the chance to put three solid receivers out on the field for the returning Brett Favre.

BlueBrewer
03-08-2007, 01:51 PM
I would much rather see meechum in this spot if we are going WR. We already have two good possesion recievers.

woodbuck27
03-08-2007, 01:53 PM
I would much rather see meechum in this spot if we are going WR. We already have two good possesion recievers.

I'm there also.

BlueBrewer
03-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Ted Ginn = Antonio Chatman

ND72
03-08-2007, 02:01 PM

:lol: that's the dumbest, most ignorant statement to this date EVER on this forum.

BlueBrewer
03-08-2007, 02:07 PM

:lol: that's the dumbest, most ignorant statement to this date EVER on this forum.

Ok he will be much better than Chatman, I ll compare him to......... I don't know who to compare him to, who would you suggest? And there have been far more rediculous statements than that. And I was not serious. :lol:

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-08-2007, 02:17 PM

Ok he will be much better than Chatman, I ll compare him to......... I don't know who to compare him to, who would you suggest? And there have been far more rediculous statements than that. And I was not serious. :lol:

Santana Moss or Steve Smith

MJZiggy
03-08-2007, 02:18 PM

Obviously you missed Tank's entire time on the forum... :whist:

RashanGary
03-08-2007, 02:21 PM
Ginn is like Hester but he also is good at a position other than KR/PR. He is a very good WR, esspecially adept at making huge plays out of short passes, the WCO trademark. He has good hands, runs OK routes and has been a proven difference maker on the college level.

He would make our ST's scary and our 3 WR set unbelievably dangerous.

I've opened up to him alot in the last couple weeks.

The_Dude
03-08-2007, 02:37 PM
Ted Ginn = Bethel Johnson/Troy Williamson

Packnut
03-08-2007, 02:53 PM
Ginn is like Hester but he also is good at a position other than KR/PR. He is a very good WR, esspecially adept at making huge plays out of short passes, the WCO trademark. He has good hands, runs OK routes and has been a proven difference maker on the college level.

He runs 2 routes. The go route and the WR screen route. That's it. No slants and no outs. Now, let's see, how many times did the Pack run a WR screen last season?

b bulldog
03-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Ginn coul;d be Smith,Moss or Warrick.

LEWCWA
03-08-2007, 06:48 PM
I've seen him compared to Joey Gallaway as well.

Fritz
03-09-2007, 10:33 AM

He runs 2 routes. The go route and the WR screen route. That's it. No slants and no outs. Now, let's see, how many times did the Pack run a WR screen last season?

Hear, hear. If TT drafts Ginn my high esteem for him will fall immensely. Of course, I'll be hoping to be wrong and that Ginn will be great, but from what I've seen he's not very tough - he has a hell of a time getting off the line against bump coverage. Against Michigan he was not nearly as good as the other OSU wide receiver, too.

esoxx
03-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Ted Ginn = Troy Williamson

No thanks

Tyrone Bigguns
03-09-2007, 05:10 PM
Ginn would also return punts and kickoffs. After watching Dante Hall and Hester, can anyone not see the value of 3-4 touchdowns by special teams.

Hester was a one man wrecking crew. The Bears woulda lost 3 more games without him.

Ginn would also be able to play CB. Remember, he came to OSU as a defensive player, and always wanted to return to that position. Not saying he would start, but he certainly could be a 4th or fifth cb..thus allowing us to carry another player.

BooHoo
03-09-2007, 05:31 PM
"But after losing Ahman Green in free agency, general manager Ted Thompson said he felt comfortable with the backs they had on the roster."

:roll:
I hope that is not the case and we pick some more help at RB!

Rastak
03-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Ted Ginn = Troy Williamson

No thanks

Esoxx wins the prize........except Ginn might kick arse as a kick returner.....

ahaha
03-10-2007, 09:50 AM
I wouldn't be heartbroken if the Pack were to take Ginn. I think he'll be a potent weapon in the NFL. But, he doesn't really address the #1 need for the Packers offense. Green Bay finished 9th in yards per game. They had the ability to move the ball inbetween the 20's. They ranked 23rd in scoring and were one the worst in red zone effeciency. The Pack really need a guy that can produce in the red zone, whether it be a hard running RB, a good TE, or a tall physical receiver.