PDA

View Full Version : Cliff Christl retiring

cuqui
03-08-2007, 04:14 PM
Cliff just finished a chat over at JSO and included this:

That said, before I sign off, I'll let you in on what's no longer a secret. I plan to retire at the end of the month. I informed my superior of that a few weeks back and told him this week that I would submit my formal notice by next week.

I enjoy reading the ol' cuss. Our loss.

BallHawk
03-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Can't say I'm heartbroken.

Noodle
03-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Agree. His schtick could get old, fast, but all-in-all he made the sports pages more interesting.

But God I bet he's going to be a crabby old SOB, hanging around Denny's for hours on end and bitchin that his waitress hasn't warmed up his coffee often enough.

falco
03-08-2007, 04:32 PM
best packer report out there, hands down. while JSO has some other great reporters, he was the cream of the crop IMHO (and I know many of you don't agree).

Joemailman
03-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Who cares? He can't hold a candle to Cleft Crusty.

gbpackfan
03-08-2007, 06:03 PM
He should have retired about 5 years ago, when he still gave a shit!

esoxx
03-08-2007, 06:33 PM
He was interesting and gave a different perspective. I'd rather have a Christl type calling a spade a spade versus a cheerleading media type. I don't know why fans take things written about players so personally. The players typically don't care.

packinpatland
03-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Agree. His schtick could get old, fast, but all-in-all he made the sports pages more interesting.

But God I bet he's going to be a crabby old SOB, hanging around Denny's for hours on end and bitchin that his waitress hasn't warmed up his coffee often enough.

I didn't agree with him on the 'dumping' of William Henderson, or should I say the wordage he used.
That said, my bet he becomes a 'greeter' at Wal-Mart.

Cleft Crusty
03-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Who cares? He can't hold a candle to Cleft Crusty.

Never fear Packerrat faithful. 'Ole Cleft Crusty will never retire. I'll be here during the offseason and next fall to give you insight into the genius of Matt Millen and to drive your noses into the ground for even presuming to know anything about football.

One thing I do know, is that I can't wait for the break between the minicamps and training camps, during which I'll take my wife on a 3,000 mile tour on the back of my motorcycle to all the run down stadiums in the Midwest. Nothing says "I love you" more than riding on the back of a motorcycle smelling my body gas and getting gnats in your teeth.

SkinBasket
03-08-2007, 07:51 PM
That said, my bet he becomes a 'greeter' at Wal-Mart.

Don't you have to be either:

a)90
b)retarded
c) both

to be a wal-mart greeter? I guess when I think about it, some would make the argument for b.

gbpackfan
03-08-2007, 07:55 PM
They look for retards #1. #2 they look for the elderly. And if they stumble upon an elderly retard, well then they've struck greeter gold!

Spaulding
03-08-2007, 08:22 PM
It's a tough crowd here :D

retailguy
03-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Cliff just finished a chat over at JSO and included this:

That said, before I sign off, I'll let you in on what's no longer a secret. I plan to retire at the end of the month. I informed my superior of that a few weeks back and told him this week that I would submit my formal notice by next week.

I enjoy reading the ol' cuss. Our loss.

Thanks for posting this, Cuqui, I appreciate it!

Zool
03-09-2007, 08:58 AM
But if the Asshat retires, who will we get our James Lofton anecdotes from?