PDA

View Full Version : Offer Barnett for Briggs!!

Partial
03-09-2007, 10:22 AM
He wants out. If TT was smart he'd jump at this chance to exploit our foe and rob them blind.

Unfortunately, its all a dream in my head since we're in the same division. Aw shucks.

Packnut
03-09-2007, 10:27 AM
He wants out. If TT was smart he'd jump at this chance to exploit our foe and rob them blind.

Unfortunately, its all a dream in my head since we're in the same division. Aw shucks.

Yes, but it's a beautiful enchanting dream!

Charles Woodson
03-09-2007, 10:30 AM

Plus the whole fact that they have a middle linebacker in (G)urlacher, and can Barnett play an outside position, and can Briggs play a middle postion

Partial
03-09-2007, 10:33 AM

Plus the whole fact that they have a middle linebacker in (G)urlacher, and can Barnett play an outside position, and can Briggs play a middle postion

Good players can play any number of positions. I think Briggs or Hawk would do great in the middle.

Barnett is an OLB to begin with. Don't get yourself. He would thrive at WLB in a tampa 2.

MJZiggy
03-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Even if Chicago weren't in our division, there's no reason for them to make that trade, I don't care how unhappy Briggs might be.

Partial
03-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Even if Chicago weren't in our division, there's no reason for them to make that trade, I don't care how unhappy Briggs might be.

Except he'll walk next year. No way do they franchise him twice and pay him 13 mil a year.

Using that logic, there was no reason to trade Javon Walker, either.

MJZiggy
03-09-2007, 10:48 AM
No, he won't walk, he'll become one of the highest paid free agents on the market. He wouldn't agree to a trade deal with GB unless he were offered that kind of cash long term. If you'll recall, he's not under contract with the Bears. We don't just pick up his contract. Walker was under contract with us.

prsnfoto
03-09-2007, 10:54 AM
I think he would take 5 years 40 million which is what Barnett thinks he as the 20th best MLB is worth. To bad it is a dream. By all accounts TT has shown he will not budge from what he thinks is a fair contract I think Barnett's career as a Packer is over unless he takes less than I expect.

Partial
03-09-2007, 10:59 AM
No, he won't walk, he'll become one of the highest paid free agents on the market. He wouldn't agree to a trade deal with GB unless he were offered that kind of cash long term. If you'll recall, he's not under contract with the Bears. We don't just pick up his contract. Walker was under contract with us.

He is "under contract" with the Bears. He has a one year deal at the average of the 5 highest paid LB in the league. Unless they retract the offer, he either is forced to accept it or retire.

It's not like players choose to be franchised or not. If it was up to him, I am sure he would not be.

Partial
03-09-2007, 11:00 AM
I think he would take 5 years 40 million which is what Barnett thinks he as the 20th best MLB is worth. To bad it is a dream. By all accounts TT has shown he will not budge from what he thinks is a fair contract I think Barnett's career as a Packer is over unless he takes less than I expect.

Damn, thats a lotta cash. If that was the case, they should at least franchise him and trade him.

MJZiggy
03-09-2007, 11:02 AM

He is "under contract" with the Bears. He has a one year deal at the average of the 5 highest paid LB in the league. Unless they retract the offer, he either is forced to accept it or retire.

It's not like players choose to be franchised or not. If it was up to him, I am sure he would not be.

He has the choice to simply not play or to play for a couple of games and be "injured."

MJZiggy
03-09-2007, 11:03 AM
And the Bears don't deal with the Packers so it doesn't matter if they would. They don't.

Partial
03-09-2007, 11:04 AM

He has the choice to simply not play or to play for a couple of games and be "injured."

That doesn't work. He can either retire for a full year and ruin his career, play under the tag, or try to negoiate some third option.

Partial
03-09-2007, 11:06 AM
And the Bears don't deal with the Packers so it doesn't matter if they would. They don't.

You're kinda bitter today. Jeez. I don't believe that to be true, either.

ND72
03-09-2007, 11:24 AM
this entire thread is dumb...Nick Barnett has told TT he'd like an extention and would like to retire a Green Bay Packer. He's not going to hold out, he's not going to say anything badly, he's going to keep it all in house. Then if we trade him, who plays the middle? Abdul Hodge? Doubtful. Even Barnett is 1000000000 times better than him.

prsnfoto
03-09-2007, 02:11 PM
this entire thread is dumb...Nick Barnett has told TT he'd like an extention and would like to retire a Green Bay Packer. He's not going to hold out, he's not going to say anything badly, he's going to keep it all in house. Then if we trade him, who plays the middle? Abdul Hodge? Doubtful. Even Barnett is 1000000000 times better than him.

They are talking about Briggs holding out, I agree whatever my feelings about Nick as a player he will not hold out he has been class that way. I am alright with keeping him if he comes back to earth on what he wants, he will never be scary in the middle just solid and that is why a Briggs type on the outside would be nice ain't gonna happen though.

Partial
03-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Briggs wants out of Chicago. I was just joking with this thread. Do you guys really not get that my whole online personality is a schtick?

Charles Woodson
03-09-2007, 02:19 PM
Briggs wants out of Chicago. I was just joking with this thread. Do you guys really not get that my whole online personality is a schtick?

ohhh, i thought ur personality was an attention craving baby

Partial
03-09-2007, 03:16 PM

ohhh, i thought ur personality was an attention craving baby

attention craving baby? Much to learn, you still have.

PackerPro42
03-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Nice wet dream Partial. I just don't think that addressing the ROLB postion by trading Barnett is a great idea. Then you have to rely on Hodge in the the middle, who I think is going to be very good, but he's still needs time to develop. I'd rather just stick with the LB core we have right now which is solid, than trade for good linbacker and open up a potentialy weaker position in the LB core than we have already.

ND72
03-09-2007, 09:29 PM
my bad, i actually read that as Barnett wanting out of GB.