PDA

View Full Version : The Offseason

Partial
03-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Players I want:

Reggie Nelson - Best centerfielder in the draft. He has excellent instincts to the game. He doesn't time exceptional but if you watch Florida play you wee see exactly how good he is and important to the team he is. It would certainly allow Nick Collins to play in the box where he excels next year.

Amobi Okeye - Penetration 3. He'll be a very good player so long as he keeps working hard. He has come up from nowhere to be accepted into Harvard at 15. Clearly, he wants to be the best he can be. Sign him up.

Jarvis Moss - Would be an excellent DE. I think he'll be the best one out of round one for sure. Tall, good length, and great motor.

Alan Branch - stud stud stud stud stud. Perennial pro-bowler. If he falls since he came to the combine out of shape, you sprint full speed to the podium with as many men as you possibly can to hand in that card. He will be a pro-bowler.

Eric Weddle - Phenominal value in the 2nd if we don't go safety in the first. He will be a Brian Dawkins in about 3 years. Very, very good player.

Brian Leonard - A much better version of Noah Herron. Exceptional at nothing, but very good at everything. He is a good football player, regardless of not having a true position.

ND72
03-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Reggie Nelson - Best centerfielder in the draft. He has excellent instincts to the game. He doesn't time exceptional but if you watch Florida play you wee see exactly how good he is and important to the team he is. It would certainly allow Nick Collins to play in the box where he excels next year.

Too bad everyone, including Nick Collins, on the GB staff view him as a solid "centerfield" player...which is why I don't see GB even looking at Nelson.

Partial
03-09-2007, 02:04 PM

Too bad everyone, including Nick Collins, on the GB staff view him as a solid "centerfield" player...which is why I don't see GB even looking at Nelson.

See, but the role of the safeties in the defense is to play centerfield. Thats why they should have two.