PDA

View Full Version : Pheeeeewwwww!!! Droughns traded to NYG for Tim Carter!

BlueBrewer
03-09-2007, 03:05 PM
I for one would rather go with Morency alone than platoon with Droughns.

bigcoz75
03-09-2007, 03:15 PM
http://giants.scout.com/2/625483.html

Could have been Fergy :lol:

SkinBasket
03-09-2007, 03:19 PM

Yes, because it's better to have as few average players competing for starting jobs as possible. Makes a ton of sense to me.

esoxx
03-09-2007, 03:21 PM
That was a close call. He just may have been capable. I hope nothing else happens.

BlueBrewer
03-09-2007, 03:27 PM

Yes, because it's better to have as few average players competing for starting jobs as possible. Makes a ton of sense to me.

Your going to tell me through your strange brand of sarcasm that you would like Droughns to be your starting tailback? :roll: I say good day!!!

SkinBasket
03-09-2007, 06:30 PM

Your going to tell me through your strange brand of sarcasm that you would like Droughns to be your starting tailback? :roll: I say good day!!!

I'll take a proven 1000 yard rusher over a 3rd down back as my starter, yes. I find that much less absurd than your statement.

gureski
03-09-2007, 06:49 PM
You realize that there was a time when Droughns was a FB? It's not like he has been a purebread HB designed to rack up 1,000 yard seasons. He's just a guy who got into the right place at the right time.

Everyone has to start somewhere and get their first 1,000 yard season. I'd rather have Morency then Droughns. As I stated previously in another Droughns thread....there was no promise with Droughns as the starter. It would've been a flat-out stop-gap. At least with Morency there is hope that he could turn into something. You know what Droughns is and he isn't going to get any better.

Joemailman
03-09-2007, 06:53 PM

I'll take a proven 1000 yard rusher over a 3rd down back as my starter, yes. I find that much less absurd than your statement.

I don't mind giving Morency a chance. I think he has a real chance to be a very good back. Ahman Green was a 3rd down back too until Ron Wolf traded for him and gave him a chance.

PackerPro42
03-09-2007, 07:19 PM
This knocks out every team from the Lynch race except the fricken Bills. But who knows, they may be bluffing because they have a lot more pressing needs then the RB position.

SkinBasket
03-09-2007, 09:18 PM

I don't mind giving Morency a chance. I think he has a real chance to be a very good back. Ahman Green was a 3rd down back too until Ron Wolf traded for him and gave him a chance.

The point still being.... I would like to see some COMPETITION for our starting RB spot before fucking handing it to some douche-bag named Morency. I don't care if it's Droughns or someone else, but fucking pinning your hopes on someone who, until now, is nothing more than a change-of-pace RB is delusional. Seems a lot of folks here are ready to hand him the job though, so we may as well just tell the league, "Thanks, but no thanks. This is our team." You guys ready to just forfeit our draft picks too? Because obviously Morency is the answer.

And as far as Droughns being a converted FB... What the fuck do I care? In the NFL, the last time I checked, a yard is still a yard, regardless of what name is on your jersey or what position you played in college. A guy isn't "in the right place at the right time," a 1000+ times. He runs, breaks tackles, and earns those yards, and I don't care if he does it on his feet or bouncing on his cock, as long as he does it.

Screw it. I guess y'all can count me out of the Morency fan club. But Hey! At least we got Noah Mother-fucking 1 yard and a cloud of afro-gel, Herron to back him up! Fucking spectacular! What do we need another RB for? We are obviously set at that position.

retailguy
03-09-2007, 09:21 PM
Screw it. I guess y'all can count me out of the Morency fan club. But Hey! At least we got Noah Mother-fucking 1 yard and a cloud of afro-gel, Herron to back him up! Fucking spectacular! What do we need another RB for? We are obviously set at that position.

WOW. :shock:

I've given you a bad attitude too. Fucking great. My work here is done.

red
03-09-2007, 09:23 PM

LOL

rant of the night

retailguy
03-09-2007, 09:26 PM

LOL

rant of the night

I nominate that for best rant (to date) of 2007, and pretty damn accurate too!

esoxx
03-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Dorsey Levens also used to be a FB so big deal.

But hey, we've got a third round pick in VM who was given up on by the team that drafted him.

The backup, Noah Herron, was claimed off a practice squad.

The other backup, PJ Pope, was claimed off a practice squad.

The other backup, Arliss Beach, was an undrafted street FA.

Yeeeeee-hahhhhhhhh!!!!

Let's roll!

Joemailman
03-09-2007, 09:28 PM

The point still being.... I would like to see some COMPETITION for our starting RB spot before fucking handing it to some douche-bag named Morency. I don't care if it's Droughns or someone else, but fucking pinning your hopes on someone who, until now, is nothing more than a change-of-pace RB is delusional. Seems a lot of folks here are ready to hand him the job though, so we may as well just tell the league, "Thanks, but no thanks. This is our team." You guys ready to just forfeit our draft picks too? Because obviously Morency is the answer.

And as far as Droughns being a converted FB... What the fuck do I care? In the NFL, the last time I checked, a yard is still a yard, regardless of what name is on your jersey or what position you played in college. A guy isn't "in the right place at the right time," a 1000+ times. He runs, breaks tackles, and earns those yards, and I don't care if he does it on his feet or bouncing on his cock, as long as he does it.

Noah Herron averaged 4.1 YPC last year. Morency 4.6. Droughns 3.4 :D

retailguy
03-09-2007, 09:33 PM

Backups typically have a higher YPC. Nice try. NEXT!

BallHawk
03-09-2007, 10:04 PM
This knocks out every team from the Lynch race except the fricken Bills. But who knows, they may be bluffing because they have a lot more pressing needs then the RB position.

Not necessarily. I don't think the Giants are looking for Droughns to be a long-term option.

Joemailman
03-09-2007, 10:09 PM

Backups typically have a higher YPC. Nice try. NEXT!

The point is, 3.4 isn't very good. In fact, among the top 30 rushers of last year, Droughns had the worst YPC. Given that I expect TT to draft a running back on the first day of the draft, if not the first round, I'm just not that concerned with the running back situation. I expect the OL to be improved this year, and I think it will be the play of the line that will have the biggest impact on how much our running game improves this year. Maybe I should be the one with the Kool-Aid avatar. :wink:

BallHawk
03-09-2007, 10:12 PM
Maybe I should be the one with the Kool-Aid avatar. :wink:

I think somewhere along the line a couple packages of salt were slipped in to Retail's Kool-Aid. :D

retailguy
03-09-2007, 10:14 PM
The point is, 3.4 isn't very good. In fact, among the top 30 rushers of last year, Droughns had the worst YPC. Given that I expect TT to draft a running back on the first day of the draft, if not the first round, I'm just not that concerned with the running back situation. I expect the OL to be improved this year, and I think it will be the play of the line that will have the biggest impact on how much our running game improves this year. Maybe I should be the one with the Kool-Aid avatar. :wink:

I think you did have my old avatar for a while.... Anyhow, I wasn't a big Droughns fan either, however, if you had to run behind that line in Cleveland you'd have a 3.4 ypc average too.

I'm trying hard to shake this, but, just can't seem to do that. I had high hopes for a while. On paper, with a TE & a WR we looked pretty good till AG left town.

I agree about the play of the line, but disagree that the world will be rosy. If you recall, the line play was spotty at best till the final four games, and even then, it wasn't great. good enough, but not great.

Next season, the schedule is worse than this one, defenses are better. I don't think the outlook is that great. Ahman could run behind that line. Morency? NO WAY. Herron? give me a break.

LEWCWA
03-10-2007, 12:45 AM
I for one am glad they aren't bringing in a stop gap. The only 2 available back I would have an interest in are/were McGagee and Turner.
The rest are not worth the money.