PDA

View Full Version : Frank Walker to Visit Green Bay

PackerPro42
03-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Ex-Giants cornerback set for free-agent visit

By Pete Dougherty
pdougher@greenbaypressgazette.com

The Green Bay Packers this weekend will bring in Frank Walker, another free-agent candidate for backup cornerback.

Walker, 25, was a sixth-round pick of the New York Giants in 2003 and started five games in his four years there. His agent, Harold Lewis, said Walker will visit the Packers on Sunday and Monday.

The Packers are looking for Nos. 3 and 4 cornerbacks to play in their nickel and dime defenses behind starters Charles Woodson and Al Harris. The Packers also had Cincinnati’s Tory James, a 33-year-old free agent, in for a visit earlier this week.

Last season, Walker, who played in college at Tuskegee, played mostly on special teams. In the three previous seasons, he had five interceptions combined playing mainly as a backup. He visited the New Orleans Saints today.

Lewis also represents defensive tackle Kenderick Allen, who missed the final 12 games last season for the Packers because of a broken foot. He said the Packers have expressed an interest in bringing back Allen, who last year played for a one-year contract that consisted of a $50,000 bonus and $600,000 salary.

“We’ve talked about (Allen re-signing) and definitely he’s interested in coming back over there,” Lewis said. “I know they’re kind of involved in a couple other guys, but I know we have (Walker) coming up Sunday and Monday, so I’m sure we’ll be talking then.”

The Packers’ interest in free-agent safety Deon Grant ended abruptly today when he signed a six-year, $30 million contract with the Seattle Seahawks that reportedly included a bonus of more than $11 million.

falco
03-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Allen looked good at times, though he was inconsistent. If they can bring him in as a camp body and give him another chance to compete I'd be fine with that.

JUST WATCH OUT WHEN DRIVING AROUND LAMBEAU FIELD!!!

retailguy
03-09-2007, 09:17 PM
Maybe we can hire GBRulz to lock the gates at Lambeau after the guy enters.

We can refuse to open them until the guy signs a contract. What's Ted's going rate for a backup cornerback? 12 or 15 bucks an hour?

surely the guy is desperate by now. :x