PDA

View Full Version : Fans For Or Against Moss Joining the Packers

oregonpackfan
03-10-2007, 09:46 AM
A Randy Moss thread generated some controversey as to how many Packers fans wanted Moss to join the Packers.

Who here on PackerRats wants Moss to join the Packers? Conversely, who here on PackerRats does not want Moss to wear the Green and Gold?

I will start out:

I do NOT want Randy Moss to join the Packers!

Why? In a word, CHARACTER, or in Moss' case, lack of character

Brando19
03-10-2007, 09:48 AM
I'll go next....I DO want Randy Moss in a Packer uniform, ASAP.
Why? In one word, HELP. He could help make the Packers one of the best Wide Receiving Trio in the league.

packers11
03-10-2007, 09:53 AM
I DO!!!! BRING RNADY IN NOW!!!

What the hell.... the worst thing he's done with the law is hit a patrol officer by accident... ONCE , and thats not even a big deal... Yet we let Koren Robinson fly on the highway, and Ahman Green being alleged with abuse...

Randy Moss might have his issues on the field with his (bad team) but off the field he in no trouble... HE IS NOT A TERRALL OWNES...

packers11
03-10-2007, 09:59 AM
By the way, how do you call up "HARLAN" all these anonymous calls, id like to give him a call and tell him id rather see Moss then be 0-16... Are people drunk ?!?! When the packers went 4-12 I could barley talk about football, I can't imagine NOT winning 1 game...

NO "ID RATHER BE 0-16 than have Randy Moss"

Dumbest shit I've ever read...

ahaha
03-10-2007, 10:10 AM
I've always thought the negatives on Moss were blown out of perportion. A guy can say something that gets taken out of context and the sports journalists go nuts. If you hear enough guys on sports radio say a guy is a cancer, pretty soon you start to believe it. I'm curious though. Does anybody know of former/current Moss teamates who have ripped him for being a lazy distruptive teamate? Maybe there are, but I can't think of any.
The only thing I see about Moss' character being bad is that he's a sore loser. (squirting the official, walking off the field when the game was over) I can't see much of a difference between that and a player who just plays for the money(tons of those in the NFL).

wist43
03-10-2007, 10:26 AM
Against.

HarveyWallbangers
03-10-2007, 10:37 AM
I'd take him--at the right price (e.g. not for a 1st round pick, maybe not even for a 2nd round pick).

green_bowl_packer
03-10-2007, 10:37 AM
FOR - bring him in (3rd rounder plus a player Fergie, Barry, KGB? nothing more, if he's cut then there's a bidding war and we don't stand a chance there).

His acquisition will cause opposing teams to play the other two WR's straight up, Driver will face one on one coverage for the first time in two years and give our offense a legitimate deep threat. With a deep threat in hand it takes a guy out of the box and opens up the running game. It's a win-win-win, in my opinion. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Chevelle2
03-10-2007, 10:56 AM
For

can we start a petition, like we did for favre?

swede
03-10-2007, 11:01 AM
It doesn't matter.

If we can't pick up a versatile ZBS fullback for less than 2 mil a year we certainly won't pick up a problematic WR for 10 mil a year.

Had we the inclination and the wherewithal to do so I would only be very guardedly receptive to aquiring Moss.

It's sort of like wondering if my wife would let me buy a new Tundra when she actually won't let me buy a used Hyundai.

MacCool606
03-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Put me in the "for" column. I don't think people realize what a focused Moss could do for the offense. Of coarse there is the possiblity of an unfocused Moss, but I'm thinking it would be positive.

red
03-10-2007, 11:25 AM
i wanted moss, but i also thought we would try and win next year

its clear that TT is in no rush to win anytime soon, and unless a miracle happens and the backfield gets fixed somehow, i really don't see the point

MJZiggy
03-10-2007, 11:57 AM
We need a poll. To reach Bob Harlan just call the Packers switchboard 920-569-7500 and ask for him. I imagine he will be very popular this week. I'm for, by the way.

mmmdk
03-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Bring on Randy Moss to Green Bay; let Favre to Moss & Favre to Driver kill the Vikings all season long - for a long time.

Favre deserves better than passing to guys like Taco Wallace.

I'm the Euro rat but NFL-Europe players...NO THANKS!

Brando19
03-10-2007, 12:26 PM
We need a poll. To reach Bob Harlan just call the Packers switchboard 920-569-7500 and ask for him. I imagine he will be very popular this week. I'm for, by the way.

Do you actually think he'll take our calls?

GBRulz
03-10-2007, 12:31 PM

Do you actually think he'll take our calls?

Yes, Harlan is very in touch with the fans. He talks to many people on the phone.

Anyhow, I'm for Moss coming here.

Lurker64
03-10-2007, 12:32 PM
If he's cheap, I'd take him. If we can get him for a third round pick or less and Randy decides to restructure his deal, sure. Otherwise, absolutely not.

Bub
03-10-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm for signing him. I believe the window to win is narrowing and I think this is worth the risk.

gureski
03-10-2007, 12:44 PM
I don't want Moss to be a member of the Green Bay Packers.

MadtownPacker
03-10-2007, 12:46 PM
Hell yes!!!

Bringing in Moss would completely change the way defenses game plan for the offense. Even then i dont think it would matter and I could see DD having a career year.

Brando19
03-10-2007, 12:52 PM

I just called the number and pushed 3 for the name directory. It said to enter the first 4 letters of the last name. I tried HARL, but it didn't work. I decided to try the first four letters of my last name, which is Davis...so I entered DAVI....the phone rang and a guy answered...Rob Davis. I hung up. There's no way it was Rob Davis of the Packers answering phone calls. What do you guys think?

MJZiggy
03-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Sooo...what you're saying is, you just hung up on Rob Davis? How rude!! :mrgreen:

DannoMac21
03-10-2007, 01:04 PM

I just called the number and pushed 3 for the name directory. It said to enter the first 4 letters of the last name. I tried HARL, but it didn't work. I decided to try the first four letters of my last name, which is Davis...so I entered DAVI....the phone rang and a guy answered...Rob Davis. I hung up. There's no way it was Rob Davis of the Packers answering phone calls. What do you guys think?

lmao

Brando19
03-10-2007, 01:11 PM
I just now called back and got an answering machine for Rob Davis. I hung up on Rob Davis! SWEET!

packers11
03-10-2007, 01:58 PM
How about people get a gathering at the Lambeau Atrium with signs... "we want moss"

Chevelle2
03-10-2007, 02:43 PM
i tried calling, it said HARL was an invalid name in the packers directory. wtf?

MJZiggy
03-10-2007, 02:44 PM
Maybe try calling on Monday when the receptionist is there. Maybe he doesn't have regular voice mail.

GBRulz
03-10-2007, 06:06 PM
I can tell you that there are several extensions that are not available through the name directory. There are a couple numbers as well that are "direct" numbers, but they are always screened by the admins before they put them through to say, TT or Harlan.

Keep in mind that the 569 prefix belongs exclusively to the Packers. Nobody else has them. It was a nightmare working with the FCC to get that done for them,too. All of the suites numbers match the last 4 digits of the phone number, so maybe a Rob Davis who had a suite answered the phone? I would imagine alot of the suites were in use this weekend with Fan Fest going on.

Maybe I should start an ebay auction for Packers email addresses and phone numbers? lol :lol:

motife
03-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Peter King of SI answering a reader's question on Randy Moss :

From Patrick McMullen of Reno, Nev.: "I agree wholeheartedly with you on how well the relationship between Randy Moss and JaMarcus Russell could be. However, to say the Raiders are crazy to dump Moss is a little crazy. Besides the fact that Moss quit on the team last year, publicly embarrassed the organization on a weekly basis and was a cancer in the locker room, he also yelled at his new head coach and demanded a trade. I would love for the team to sit Moss and let him rot, but trading him is the best option at this point. The last thing a young new coach needs is a malcontent who lacks heart. The Raiders are better off cutting their losses. He is as much a reason for Oakland's lack of success the past two years as anyone else.''

King : You make good points, and you were one of many who wrote to say the Raiders should throw the bum out. You know what'll happen if the Raiders trade Moss, say, to the Patriots or the Packers, while Russell is drafted by the Raiders? I'll tell you. He'll be reborn. Absolutely reborn. He's not 90. He's still a capable player when motivated to play, and playing with Brett Favre or Tom Brady he'd be a monster. What would Raider Nation think if Al gets a third-round pick in trade, and Moss goes out and catches 92 balls for 1,680 yards and 14 touchdowns? Because that's what'll happen if he goes somewhere with a good quarterback.

Ron Wolf this weekend on the current Moss trade speculation : "I'd trade anything for that guy."

oregonpackfan
03-11-2007, 11:48 AM

From Patrick McMullen of Reno, Nev.: "I agree wholeheartedly with you on how well the relationship between Randy Moss and JaMarcus Russell could be. However, to say the Raiders are crazy to dump Moss is a little crazy. Besides the fact that Moss quit on the team last year, publicly embarrassed the organization on a weekly basis and was a cancer in the locker room, he also yelled at his new head coach and demanded a trade. I would love for the team to sit Moss and let him rot, but trading him is the best option at this point. The last thing a young new coach needs is a malcontent who lacks heart. The Raiders are better off cutting their losses. He is as much a reason for Oakland's lack of success the past two years as anyone else.''

King : You make good points, and you were one of many who wrote to say the Raiders should throw the bum out. You know what'll happen if the Raiders trade Moss, say, to the Patriots or the Packers, while Russell is drafted by the Raiders? I'll tell you. He'll be reborn. Absolutely reborn. He's not 90. He's still a capable player when motivated to play, and playing with Brett Favre or Tom Brady he'd be a monster. What would Raider Nation think if Al gets a third-round pick in trade, and Moss goes out and catches 92 balls for 1,680 yards and 14 touchdowns? Because that's what'll happen if he goes somewhere with a good quarterback.

Ron Wolf this weekend on the current Moss trade speculation : "I'd trade anything for that guy."

Just another sportswriter blowin' in the wind.

Brando19
03-11-2007, 12:39 PM

I wonder if Wolf really said that? Wow....I hope this happens.