PDA

View Full Version : Will Rastak become a packers fan soon?

falco
03-10-2007, 11:42 AM
FROM PFT

POSTED 11:34 a.m. EST, March 10, 2007

VIKES TANKING IT?

Tom Powers of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that there is growing suspicion in the Twin Cities that Vikings owner Zygi Wilf is purposely running the franchise into the ground in an effort to set the stage for a move to greener pastures.

Although we find it highly unlikely that any NFL team would try to lose in the short term in the hopes of killing local interest so that a move would be met with cheers instead of jeers, there's evidence that a relocation could be in the team's future.

Though Wilf expressed a strong desire to keep the team in Minnesota when he purchased the property from Red McCombs in 2005, Wilf's minions are now singing a slightly different tune.

The team's V.P. in charge of stadium development, Lester Bagley, recently had this to say about the sputtering efforts to build a new venue: "At some point [Governor Tim Pawlenty] is going to have to help us find a solution to this long-standing issue. He has long told our ownership that he wants to work with us to solve the Vikings' stadium problem, to keep us healthy and in this state."

If the team is never moving out of Minnesota on Wilf's watch, the phrase "in this state" has the same meaning in that passage as would the terms "in this country" or "on this planet." As we see it, then, those last three words were intended to put the people on notice, implicitly for now, that the Minnesota football team could soon join the former Minnesota basketball team in Southern California, if a new stadium isn't built.

But making the team into a stinker isn't the way to leverage a new deal. Especially since the fickle L.A. fan base wouldn't be too keen on a team that has zero prospects under Zygi of delivering victory on a consistent basis.

red
03-10-2007, 11:46 AM
the title of my thread is better

oregonpackfan
03-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Finding the right priest to do the exorcism of Rastak could turn him into a Packers fan! :)

GBRulz
03-10-2007, 12:33 PM
He just needs a long enough rope to come out of the closet, that's all :lol:

He's secretly hiding his love....well, I can't think of another reason why an opposing team fan would spend so much time on a Packers forum.

Fritz
03-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Man, it would be hard to be a Queens fan - worse maybe than being a Lions fan. Well, okay, maybe not.

Come over to the good side, Rastak.

MJZiggy
03-10-2007, 07:01 PM
He just needs a long enough rope to come out of the closet, that's all :lol:

He's secretly hiding his love....well, I can't think of another reason why an opposing team fan would spend so much time on a Packers forum.

He loves us!! :oops: :mrgreen:

Rastak
03-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Not likely, but hey, nice to get my own thread.

pack4to84
03-10-2007, 08:34 PM
probably before TT signs a high price FA or trades up in the NFL Draft

Joemailman
03-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Maybe Rastak's Rat name should be Closet Rat, until he comes out.

GrnBay007
03-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Not likely, but hey, nice to get my own thread.

You know you want us!! (Packers) :P

RashanGary
03-10-2007, 10:21 PM
They probably arn't trying to get run out of town but I don't think I've ever heard a worse insult to an organization as to say their moves only make sense if they are trying to tank and leave town.

Joemailman
03-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Sort of reminds me of the movie Major League. Don't think Childress would have anything to do with someone like "Wild Thing" though.

RashanGary
03-10-2007, 10:33 PM
Plus, McCarthy would kick Childress's ass if it came down to it. I'd love to see that acctually.

red
03-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Maybe Rastak's Rat name should be Closet Rat, until he comes out.

didn't he have something like that at JSO?