PDA

View Full Version : Hamlin likely not to be resigned by Seahawks?

Spaulding
03-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Saw this on KFFL:

Seahawks | Hamlin not expected back
Sun, 11 Mar 2007 10:32:50 -0800

Danny O'Neil, of the Seattle Times, reports the arrival of FS Deon Grant and FS Brian Russell likely means free agent FS Ken Hamlin won't be back with the Seattle Seahawks.

Given the other available FA's are gone, it's interesting to know that TT doesn't seem too intent on bringing Hamlin in.

Any thoughts that the coaching staff is really high on Underwood to replace Manual anyways?

Given the inactivity by TT in FA this off season I can only hope that between he and M3 that they strongly believe they already have the future starters on the roster and that it was the injuries last year (Underwood, Blackmon, Beach, etc.) that robbed the fans of seeing the same thing on Sundays that TT and M3 saw in practices.

KYPack
03-11-2007, 03:27 PM
All the FA safeties seem to be the same kind of players:

Bangers who have coverage problems and get lost in space.

I like Michael Lewis (now long gone),he got benched for his coverage probelms.

Hamlin's the best of what's left. I'd think good coaching would help him tremendously, but man, I doubt our coaching staff's ability to coach him up.

Underwood showed he was making strides, but he is small and coming off the injury. I really thought we'd add one solid vet FA, draft another top safety and our D would have added some good depth.

TT seems ready to go into the season with Manuel and a kid. I really question whether Marquand is NFL caliber starting safety at this point in his career.