PDA

View Full Version : Pats Sign WR Washington

Packnut
03-12-2007, 03:53 PM
Here's another one Teddy missed imo. This guy was burried on the depth chart in Cincy but did show some talent when given a chance. He's better than any #3 WR that we have. Not a huge contract and would'nt have hurt anything. Very low risk player that would have been an upgrade.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2795771

Packnut
03-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Also an article from Len P on 4 teams on the rise-gee surprise surprise, we ain't one of them. :lol:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2795359

gbpackfan
03-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Kelly Washington? Teddy didn't miss out him. He's a nobody.

Scott Campbell
03-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Another Player ABC just signed with Team XYZ, so Ted must be an idiot thread. You just can't get enough of these.

KYPack
03-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Washington can't play any spec teams. He's hurt a lot, hamstrings, knee, etc. He's an average joe who went to a team who is at the bottom of the barrel for WR's.

He is an inconsistent route runner, but has good speed for a big guy.

I'd pass on Washington, who's "claim to fame" is his end zone dance.

He does the "squirrel", an imitation of a giant squirrel.

He might not be any better than our back-up WR's

Joemailman
03-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Another Player ABC just signed with Team XYZ, so Ted must be an idiot thread. You just can't get enough of these.

I think it's very nice of our friend Packnut to keep us informed on what is going on around the league. :mrgreen:

Joemailman
03-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Washington can't play any spec teams. He's hurt a lot, hamstrings, knee, etc. He's an average joe who went to a team who is at the bottom of the barrel for WR's.

So Packnut likes a guy who does an imitation of a giant squirrel? Interesting.

RashanGary
03-12-2007, 05:49 PM

:lol: ......LMAO.... :lol:

Brando19
03-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Sirius NFL Radio was talking real high on Washington. They talked about how he has sat behind Chad Johnson and TJ Housmanwhatever in Cincinnati and that Bellichick will find good use of his 6'3" frame. They think he'll be a real good deep threat.

the_idle_threat
03-12-2007, 08:02 PM

A no-name guy who has his own end-zone dance? That tells me all I care to know about this guy ... :roll: :roll: :roll:

So he's a bigger WR who can run, but can't stay healthy .... hmmmmm ... sounds like Ferguson. Except Ferguson is apparently smarter (see comment above) and can play special teams.

This guy makes me appreciate what we have in Ferguson ... I didn't think that was even possible! :D

prsnfoto
03-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Well I will say this I just ripped them in a another thread for paying too much but I do admire the fact when their Hall of Fame QB has what for him is an off year they go and get him three weapons plus their own hoping Three pan ouy. Brett has never got that kind of help from anyone including Ron Wolf they just figured he could turn every mountain of shit into a mountain of gold. I keep telling myself TT has a plan it will be OK.

Bretsky
03-12-2007, 08:29 PM

A no-name guy who has his own end-zone dance? That tells me all I care to know about this guy ... :roll: :roll: :roll:

So he's a bigger WR who can run, but can't stay healthy .... hmmmmm ... sounds like Ferguson. Except Ferguson

is apparently smarter (see comment above) and can play special teams.

This guy makes me appreciate what we have in Ferguson ... I didn't think that was even possible! :D
:bs:

Just curious as to how many times you've seen Washington play ? When healthy the guy has talent. He's not a consistent underachiever when he plays; he is not the Fraud. No comparison whatsoever talent wise and in the games when he's playing.

Better route runner
Better hands
Better leaping ability
Just a flippin better player than Robert Ferguson

I'm surprised we didn't pursue him; fits TT's profile. Cheap and young with upside.

B

the_idle_threat
03-12-2007, 09:00 PM

So he's a bigger WR who can run, but can't stay healthy .... hmmmmm ... sounds like Ferguson. Except Ferguson

Just curious as to how many times you've seen Washington play ? When healthy the guy has talent. He's not a consistent underachiever when he plays; he is not the Fraud. No comparison whatsoever talent wise and in the games when he's playing.

Better route runner
Better hands
Better leaping ability

I'm surprised we didn't pursue him; fits TT's profile. Cheap and young with upside.

B

I haven't seen him play at all. My take is based upon KY's opinion of the guy, which I figure is pretty trustworthy given that he lives in the Bengals television broadcast area, IIRC. Surely he knows more than he cares to know about the Bengals team as a whole.

When have you seen him play? He hasn't played all that much, especially lately, being buried behind C.J., Housh, and Henry.

Cheers.

KYPack
03-12-2007, 09:33 PM

Better route runner
Better hands
Better leaping ability

B

I haven't seen him play at all. My take is based upon KY's opinion of the guy, which I figure is pretty trustworthy given that he lives in the Bengals television broadcast area, IIRC. Surely he knows more than he cares to know about the Bengals team as a whole.

When have you seen him play? He hasn't played all that much, especially lately, being buried behind C.J., Housh, and Henry.

Cheers.

I've seen him play live 6 -8 games a year.

He has talent, but never put in the work.

Chronic hamstring injuries made him the 4 on the Bengals. Chris Henry got his job. Runs poor routes and has lost a half step.

That said, he's a real bitch out of the slot. Them Nickle backs hate to see him coming. He can make a real good move to the ball and will make the tough catch and drop the easy ball.

he had a good rookie year, finishing strong. Many thought he'd be the 2, Housh soon eclipsed him for that job and he sulked. He's been inactive for a bunch of games and I've heard lots of negative stuff about his atitude and work ethic.

B as far as your list between the Fraud and Big Kelley, Yechhh.

That's a tough comparison. They are kinda similar players. Guys who think they are better than they are. Inconsistent players that may never live up to obvious talent.

I'll give it a stab:

"Better route runner" Hardly, both guys round routes and get benched for being sloppy
"Better hands" Sometimes either guy can make a great catch or an easy drop
"Better leaping ability" When Washington was a kid maybe, now? Who knows?
"Just a flippin better player than Robert Ferguson." The only flip I'd give is a coin flip, they are both inconsistent underachievers.

maybe the Iron Coach up in NE can staighten CW out, he's got potential, after 4 years.

Bretsky
03-12-2007, 10:19 PM
We'll have to disagree, although I would admit that maybe I just want a new underachiever to be disappointed with so maybe my jaded Fraud dislike is just too strong.

I think Washington has talent and enough talent to be a top 3 WR with several teams; that's more than I give the Fraud.

KYPack
03-13-2007, 08:13 AM
We'll have to disagree, although I would admit that maybe I just want a new underachiever to be disappointed with so maybe my jaded Fraud dislike is just too strong.

I think Washington has talent and enough talent to be a top 3 WR with several teams; that's more than I give the Fraud.

I'll give ya this one, of the two guys, probably only Washington has any upside.

I don't think either one of 'em will ever amount to a hill of shit.

my thing is why get two of the same guy?

Or did you want us to cut Fraud and keep Kelley?

My Fraud hate is very strong, too.

Chester Marcol
03-13-2007, 12:04 PM
Sirius NFL Radio was talking real high on Washington. They talked about how he has sat behind Chad Johnson and TJ Housmanwhatever in Cincinnati and that Bellichick will find good use of his 6'3" frame. They think he'll be a real good deep threat.

I like it when they give some credability to a player just because he sits behind a couple good players on the depth chart. Let's go after Dan Sheldon from the Colts. He must be good being behind Harrison, Wayne, and Wilkins. They won a super bowl, so he's got super bowl experience. Just never a chance to prove himself, or wait. Maybe, like Washington, he's only good enough to be 4th on the depth chart.

Bretsky
03-13-2007, 05:17 PM

I'll give ya this one, of the two guys, probably only Washington has any upside.

I don't think either one of 'em will ever amount to a hill of shit.

my thing is why get two of the same guy?

Or did you want us to cut Fraud and keep Kelley?

My Fraud hate is very strong, too.

Yes, I've been wanting them to cut Ferguson for about two seasons now.
What I've saw of Washington showed me more promise than the Fraud

HarveyWallbangers
03-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Washington signed a deal for 5y for up to $22M. Sounds like there is some funny money, but after seeing the money he got I'm glad we stayed away from him.

Bretsky
03-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Washington signed a deal for 5y for up to $22M. Sounds like there is some funny money, but after seeing the money he got I'm glad we stayed away from him.

WOW; that a lot of money for him. I'd have stayed away too. If you are giving this guy that, you might as well sign Drew Bennett for 4.5 or so a year