PDA

View Full Version : When Favre steps down

Tony Oday
03-31-2006, 12:58 AM
and walks off to his tractor I hope that the Pack pick a QB and stick with him for atleast three years. I think a lot of these QBs in the NFL are thrown in and dont perform and then discarded.

I hope we give the next guy a honest shake. I remember Favre being how do you say BAD at the begining. Heck I remember Packer fans cheering wildly when he threw the ball away! ;)

Mr. T
03-31-2006, 01:03 AM
The thing about Favre is that he's always had the talent and the arm. His decision making was (and is again) the problem. The coaches need to evaluate how talented a QB is in terms of arm strength, pocket presence, escapability, and ability to improvise. Then they can decide whether or not he's worth a 3 year investment or not.

Bottom line, I partially disagree with you. I don't want to see a QB pulled for decision making. But if we have Tim Couch back there throwing change-ups on slant routes or Drew Bledsoe taking 12 sacks a game, I want the guy pulled.

LEWCWA
03-31-2006, 01:35 AM
i will cry like a baby!!!lol

MJZiggy
03-31-2006, 07:34 AM
I'll be right there with ya. I'll bring the tissues. :cry:

FavreChild
03-31-2006, 09:55 AM
Of course I'm in denial that there will ever be another QB at the helm.

But yeah...QB roulette would be BRUTAL. We haven't had to deal with that for 15 years. Look at the situation in Buffalo now with JPL - perfect example. And Buffalo has great fans, so I can actually feel sorry for them (esp. w/ DJ as HC now).

GBRulz
03-31-2006, 10:17 AM
right with ya, FC. Favre will be our QB for the next 4 years RIGHT?? :lol:

FavreChild
03-31-2006, 10:57 AM
Oh, at LEAST.

Last week I was boarding a plane headed back to WI, and before the pilot gets on the plan, he gets on the intercom and says, "All right folks. We're only going to boarding rows 4 and 15 on this flight, because we know those are the only numbers that matter in Wisconsin."

He said he'd been waiting 10 years to use that line.

What a dork. :wink:

woodbuck27
03-31-2006, 11:08 AM
right with ya, FC. Favre will be our QB for the next 4 years RIGHT?? :lol:

I'm refusing to allow him to retire till he's 40 years old, but I might get him killed in the process.

GO Packers!

Packers4Ever
03-31-2006, 05:03 PM
I'll be right there with ya. I'll bring the tissues. :cry:

Hey MJ, save some for me, will ya? There's going to be a lot of sadness, maybe everyone will get the day off. Let's not even think about it. :sad:

MJZiggy
03-31-2006, 05:04 PM
I'll buy a spare box. Extra strength for extra hard blows. :cry:

Charles Woodson
03-31-2006, 05:06 PM
Of course I'm in denial that there will ever be another QB at the helm.

But yeah...QB roulette would be BRUTAL. We haven't had to deal with that for 15 years. Look at the situation in Buffalo now with JPL - perfect example. And Buffalo has great fans, so I can actually feel sorry for them (esp. w/ DJ as HC now).

Hell hes played in the league, almost longer than ive been alive

Tony Oday
04-01-2006, 12:55 AM
ya you see what happened with JP he got cut because of bad choices. rookies fo that!

Lets get a strong arm boy back there with a good coach and let him play for a couple of years.

Couch side arm was awesome! hehe Im not talking a guy who cant throw. Im talking all the tools and stick with him.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-01-2006, 02:34 AM
Two words: Joey Harrington

Bretsky
04-01-2006, 06:15 AM

terrible quarterback
weak arm
poor leadership

MJZiggy
04-01-2006, 08:46 AM
Two words: Joey HarringtonI see all the NFL teams are scrambling to pick him up...

GBRulz
04-01-2006, 10:01 AM
Oh, at LEAST.

Last week I was boarding a plane headed back to WI, and before the pilot gets on the plan, he gets on the intercom and says, "All right folks. We're only going to boarding rows 4 and 15 on this flight, because we know those are the only numbers that matter in Wisconsin."

He said he'd been waiting 10 years to use that line.

What a dork. :wink:

A plane flying into WI with 15 rows is an accomplishment on it's own, lol

Charles Woodson
04-01-2006, 10:03 AM

terrible quarterback
weak arm
poor leadership

Horrible Quarterback
Dont want

GBRulz
04-01-2006, 10:09 AM

Negative, Ghostrider

CaptainKickass
07-17-2009, 05:14 PM
Hey - it's a slow offseason.

Thought I'd dig into the old thread graveyard and dig up this gem for all to see and comment on.

Did anyone besides Favre himself need them tissues?

Woody - he's almost 40, and has retired what 2 or 3 times now?

Chevelle2
07-17-2009, 05:22 PM
LOL @ this thread.

oregonpackfan
07-17-2009, 11:19 PM

Four more words: David Carr. Akili Smith.

oregonpackfan
07-17-2009, 11:24 PM
Tim Couch, Joey Harrington, David Carr, and Akili Smith were all first round quarterbacks who were drafted by lousy teams and were expected to start as rookies and lead their teams out of the NFL cellar. It was a recipe for failure for all four of these young men. This situation was a career-killer for these guys.

I am afraid the same fate may happen to the new QB Stafford drafted by the pathetic Detroit Lions.

mraynrand
07-18-2009, 07:30 AM
If your O line sucks and you have a poor defense, the best thing you can do is start to shore up the roster and bring in a veteran QB - some savvy guy who plays pretty much same with our without a head injury - like Jon Kitna or Gus Ferrrotte. Let them take the punishment while you build your lines and keep your future QB on the bench for a year or three while he learns the offense - or at least wait to draft him for a year or two (knowing of course that some QBs will suck at the NFL level no matter how good the line and the defense - see Rex Grossman for example).

Fritz
07-18-2009, 10:33 AM
If your O line sucks and you have a poor defense, the best thing you can do is start to shore up the roster and bring in a veteran QB - some savvy guy who plays pretty much same with our without a head injury - like Jon Kitna or Gus Ferrrotte. Let them take the punishment while you build your lines and keep your future QB on the bench for a year or three while he learns the offense - or at least wait to draft him for a year or two (knowing of course that some QBs will suck at the NFL level no matter how good the line and the defense - see Rex Grossman for example).

I'm in complete agreement. You might be amazed, though, how many fans seem to think that it's better for a rookie to learn on the job. I think it wrecks way more QB's than it helps. Way more.

The test for the Leos will be whether they can resist putting Stafford in his first year. If Culpepper gets hurt, I'd even put that former MSU QB in (Drew Stanton) before Stafford. I'd make the kid sit the pine for AT LEAST a year.