PDA

View Full Version : Briggs says he will never play another down for Chicagoagain

Charles Woodson
03-12-2007, 07:58 PM
Bears | Briggs says he's done in Chicago
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:12:20 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Chicago Bears LB Lance Briggs, who is the team's franchise player, said he is prepared to sit out the 2007 season if the Bears do not trade or release him. He went on to say he's played his last down for the team and will never play in Chicago again.

Rastak
03-12-2007, 08:04 PM
Bears | Briggs says he's done in Chicago
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:12:20 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Chicago Bears LB Lance Briggs, who is the team's franchise player, said he is prepared to sit out the 2007 season if the Bears do not trade or release him. He went on to say he's played his last down for the team and will never play in Chicago again.

Mad should merge this with Essox's thread......from the department of redundency department.

BF4MVP
03-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Well well well... :)

red
03-12-2007, 08:14 PM
sounds like the bears have their very own javon walker

thats a shame

GrnBay007
03-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Time for the old hamstring injury. :P

MJZiggy
03-12-2007, 08:19 PM
It should be fun to watch him "T.O." the locker room

PackerPro42
03-12-2007, 09:27 PM
This guy is exactly what the Packers need. Not only is he a great player but he would also fill the packer's Strong Side LB position that is in need of re-vamping. I wonder what the Bears are asking for him because I would love to have him.

MJZiggy
03-12-2007, 09:34 PM
They're not asking anything and the likelihood of them trading to us is about...well, it ain't gonna happen.

RashanGary
03-12-2007, 09:37 PM
They are being hard asses with him. They could give him a fair deal but they are shooting him low ball offers and franchising him.

RashanGary
03-12-2007, 09:37 PM
It could be the other way around and him wanting UFA type money when he's not a UFA.

ecwiscott
03-12-2007, 09:38 PM
:( :( :( tears running down my eyes and cheeks as the Bears seem to have a player problem. LOL!!!! :D

falco
03-12-2007, 10:04 PM
It could be the other way around and him wanting UFA type money when he's not a UFA.

technically isn't he an UFA, thats why they used the franchise tag? Or once they get franchised they aren't UFA anymore?

Partial
03-12-2007, 10:11 PM

technically isn't he an UFA, thats why they used the franchise tag? Or once they get franchised they aren't UFA anymore?

Yep, thats exactly it. He would have gotten in between Clements and Thomas in terms of salary. Probably closer to Clements.

Bub
03-12-2007, 10:11 PM
I think he's an idiot. He doesn't deserve top lb money. 8 mil or whatever he'll get this year is pretty darn good for him.

Partial
03-12-2007, 10:13 PM
I think he's an idiot. He doesn't deserve top lb money. 8 mil or whatever he'll get this year is pretty darn good for him.

Yep, it is. But 8 mil guaranteed this year is not as much as 18 mil guaranteed. Contracts are all about what is guaranteed.

SkinBasket
03-12-2007, 10:22 PM
If I've said it once, I've said it two or three times probably. Briggs is a bitch. Only a bitch would blame the team for using a tool his own union signed off on in the latest CBA. These fucking douche-bags want all the glory and wealth the union and the CBA bring them without any of the drawbacks or any of the rights granted the owners in exchange for ever inflating salaries, guaranteed money, and insane wealth.

Briggs can go fuck himself with a copy of his union agreement for all I care, and I hope the Bears feel the same way.

Where else but in America can some fucker actually threaten to NOT DO HIS JOB for 8 million goddamn dollars for one year? These dildos need to start looking to their own representation rather than demonizing the team for doing what it has every right to do. Goddamn fools act like they're goddamn slaves or some shit.

the_idle_threat
03-12-2007, 10:27 PM
Briggs can go fuck himself with a copy of his union agreement for all I care, and I hope the Bears feel the same way.

They probably do. In fact, they'd probably print him a copy on sandpaper just for this purpose.

Bub
03-12-2007, 10:29 PM
If I've said it once, I've said it two or three times probably. Briggs is a bitch. Only a bitch would blame the team for using a tool his own union signed off on in the latest CBA. These fucking douche-bags want all the glory and wealth the union and the CBA bring them without any of the drawbacks or any of the rights granted the owners in exchange for ever inflating salaries, guaranteed money, and insane wealth.

Where else but in America can some fucker actually threaten to NOT DO HIS JOB for 8 million goddamn dollars for one year? These dildos need to start looking to their own representation rather than demonizing the team for doing what it has every right to do. Goddamn fools act like they're goddamn slaves or some shit.

Don't hold anything back now....tell us how you feal.

red
03-13-2007, 10:03 AM
i agree with skin

8 million for one year is a hell of a deal. then next year he can either get like 10 million or sign his giant deal

he will make a lot more money this way

and he's right. this is something the players a greed to, to get their giant salaries. players don't think they have to live up to their end of the CBA

Fritz
03-13-2007, 12:48 PM

Dildos and douche-bags and Bears, Oh My!

oregonpackfan
03-13-2007, 01:51 PM
What a classic example of "Burning your bridges."

I heard that on ESPN radio, that Briggs is currently making about 750K. If the Bears designate him as a "Franchise Player" his pay will automatically go up to $7 million. From there, he could enter free agency.

If effect, he is tossing away that $7 million for this year by threatening to sit out. The guy is shooting himself in the foot!

cheesner
03-13-2007, 02:52 PM
When you take into consideration that it is the Bears - I don't blame him. I don't think I would play for the Bears for $7M either.

RashanGary
03-13-2007, 05:11 PM
I just saw Briggs on ESPN. His agent is rosenfart and he's going to sit out the season.

Oh great. Rosenfart is at it again. I get the feeling he is going to win this time. If Briggs makes it through 6 games then he gets his vested year and he can sit. The Bears will certainly be hurt by this and the franchise tag is going to lose some value if Rosenfart pulls this off.

cpk1994
03-13-2007, 05:33 PM
What a classic example of "Burning your bridges."

I heard that on ESPN radio, that Briggs is currently making about 750K. If the Bears designate him as a "Franchise Player" his pay will automatically go up to $7 million. From there, he could enter free agency.

If effect, he is tossing away that $7 million for this year by threatening to sit out. The guy is shooting himself in the foot!

Javon Walker didn't shoot himself in the foot when he vowed to never play in GB again did he? He wasn't franchised but the intent and result were hardly shooting himself in the foot. Briggs will get his money just as Walker did. The only question is who will give it to him.

Little Whiskey
03-13-2007, 06:02 PM
His agent is rosenfart and he's going to sit out the season.

just what i was going to say. I thought his agent was rosenhaus. this is his classic move. the reason that i think that players only showing up after week 10 (or something) shouldn't get credit for the whole year. if you hold out, for week 1 you are done!