PDA

View Full Version : Jerramy Stevens = A1 asshat

red
03-13-2007, 04:18 PM
i told you guys that this guy was an asshat. and some of the people that wanted him are the same ones that don't want moss because he's a "bad guy"

from PFT

STEVENS CATCHES CHARGES

Free-agent tight end Jerramy Stevens has been charged with driving under the influence and possession of marijuana, according to the Arizona Republic. (Thanks to our pal Gregg Rosenthal at Rotoworld.com for pointing this one out to us.)

Stevens was arrested early Tuesday morning after he was pulled over and admitted to drinking "four or five margaritas." He was busted for possession of marijuana after an officer found some of it in his back pocket.

Per the arrest report, "As [Stevens] exited the truck he dropped his cell phone and wallet on the ground, bent down to pick them up, then stutter-stepped as he started to walk in my direction."

For an ordinary person, dropping a cell phone and/or a wallet could be evidence of impairment. In the case of Stevens, who has proven time and again that he has the hand-eye coordination of a guy with no hands and no eyes, the fact that he was (allegedly) drunk might have simply been a coincidence.

It is Stevens' fifth brush with the law since 1998. His record includes: (1) allegedly breaking a man's jaw with a baseball bat; (2) allegedly drugging and raping a 19-year-old girl while in college; (3) allegedly driving his car into a retirement home and then fleeing the scene; (4) allegedly driving drunk in 2003 when police found two empty champagne bottles in his vehicle during a traffic stop.

GoPackGo
03-13-2007, 04:30 PM
Jerramy Stevens is like Terrell Buckley was. Talks very big, does very little on the field. I'm sure TT knows first hand that this guy is a piece of crap

]{ilr]3
03-13-2007, 06:00 PM
Crazy that a FA would risk anything that could them from getting there payday when they are at there peak of there carrer and couldnt hope to be more valuable.

Guess maybe he thought it worked for Dominic Rhodes, so he better try it as well.

b bulldog
03-13-2007, 06:05 PM
Actually Buckley had a decent career. He wasn't the next Jim Thorpe but he stuck around for a while, got paid and won some rings.

Jimx29
03-13-2007, 06:23 PM
whoever here hasn't drove after having a couple drinks and a one-hitter, raise their hand

esoxx
03-13-2007, 06:24 PM
This will just drive down his cost into TT's price range.

GoPackGo
03-13-2007, 06:33 PM
whoever here hasn't drove after having a couple drinks and a one-hitter, raise their hand

:bs:

the posters in this forum aren't athletes with million dollar talent and 50 cent brains. well, some of us here do have 50 cent brains I think, but thats not my point. An NFL player who can make that kind of money shouldn't be in that situation in the first place. Can't these athletes have a friend drink and drive them? or a taxi?

Jimx29
03-13-2007, 06:40 PM

So then is that a raised hand you have there, or not? :?:

GoPackGo
03-13-2007, 06:52 PM

thats a jack-off emoticon implying that was a dumb question that you asked.

Jimx29
03-13-2007, 07:43 PM

thats a jack-off emoticon implying that was a dumb question that you asked.ooooh.......you'd a thunk i'd known that since I supplied this forum with the extra smilies, including that one.
Must be my 50 cent brain failing me :wink:

MateoInMex
03-13-2007, 07:46 PM
What is the deal with "big, burly, strong, manly" dudes in pro sports getting drunk on Margaritas?

Is Jeremy Stevens an asshat? Uh, yes.

Grab the tequila by the bottle pussy, quit mixing it with fruity liquids!!!

I wonder, did they give him a girly straw to suck down his manly drink? How bout an umbrella to go with the strawberry and the sugar rimmed glass?

Bucks GM Lenny Harris admitted to tossing back margaritas when he was pulled over for DUI a few years back. I still don't get why these athletes, or names associated with sports drink alcoholic fruity beverages. If you're going to get arrested, which btw I'm not advocating drinking and driving..but at least admit to drinking anything not related to what secretaries drink every Friday sputtering about how much they'd love to do their boss and get a raise.

I mean, a fruity beverage is okay...but not if you're a dude in a bar.

Did all of this ASSHAT'S friends start ordering Jack and Cokes, Beer, vodka tonic..and then ASSHAT SITS DOWN AND SAYS...

(LISP) "I'll have a strawberry margarita, make it just like the one I tasted in Cabo!!! Okay girls, whose up for some Kareoke Michael Bolton style?"

I would cut him loose just on principal alone.

red
03-13-2007, 08:09 PM
not that theres anything wrong with that

Joemailman
03-13-2007, 08:14 PM
Good career move. Nothing like getting arrested when you're a free agent.

gureski
03-13-2007, 09:38 PM
I hate that this idiot did this. I really thought he was destined to be a contributing member of the Packers this year. Now he can kiss that good bye. He may have run himself out of chances with this move. Who is going to want him like this? Maybe he will take the Hollywood way out and check himself into rehab? That seems to be the thing to do.

If he could just get his head on straight....he has talent. How many times have you heard that about an athlete though.... Lawrence Phillips and on and on...

Freak Out
03-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Fast, bad hands and stupid. So much for that experiment. Wait! TT likes his men drunk.

retailguy
03-13-2007, 09:47 PM
I hate that this idiot did this. I really thought he was destined to be a contributing member of the Packers this year. Now he can kiss that good bye. He may have run himself out of chances with this move. Who is going to want him like this? Maybe he will take the Hollywood way out and check himself into rehab? That seems to be the thing to do.

If he could just get his head on straight....he has talent. How many times have you heard that about an athlete though.... Lawrence Phillips and on and on...

Couldn't it be said that ALL drafted NFL players have talent? or they wouldn't have got that far to begin with.... what differentiates them is how they USE that talent.

oregonpackfan
03-13-2007, 09:53 PM
I watched a few Seahawks games this past season. Stevens had a number of dropped passes that made him look like Bubba Franks. There were even a couple of home games where Seahawks fans were booing Stevens.

Packer fans should be grateful that TT is not pursuing Stevens as a free agent. He is a bad apple both on and off the field.

BF4MVP
03-14-2007, 12:33 AM
What a dumbass.....

gureski
03-14-2007, 09:37 AM

Couldn't it be said that ALL drafted NFL players have talent? or they wouldn't have got that far to begin with.... what differentiates them is how they USE that talent.

All the athletes have talent but some have more then others. Everyone isn't equal in the talent department. You're correct. It is how they use their talent and that many times goes into their attitude and maturity level. We see it all the time in sports....athletes that are gifted like Lawrence Phillips, that just can't get their head on straight. It's still sad. We see it all the time but it's still sad to watch.

Patler
03-14-2007, 10:13 AM
Jerramy Stevens is like Terrell Buckley was. Talks very big, does very little on the field. I'm sure TT knows first hand that this guy is a piece of crap

Terrell Buckley was a much better player than Packer fans are willing to acknowledge. You don't play as long as he did and get 50 interceptions without performing on the field. Ignoring the interception total, a cornerback doesn't find NFL employment for 14 consecutive seasons without performing on the field.

How many Packers past or present intercepted as many passes as Buckley?
The answer is 1, Bobby Dillon. Not Adderly, not Wood, not Butler. Sharper will probably get there, he has 49 for his career.

BF4MVP
03-14-2007, 11:31 AM
Didn't Bobby Dillon have a glass eye? I'm impressed with someone who can intercept 50 passes with a glass eye.. :)

Maybe I'm just talkin out of my ass, but I thought I read that somewhere :?:

Fritz
03-14-2007, 11:39 AM
Personally, I think the moniker "assclown" more befitting of Stevens than "asshat."

I think TT knows better - before last year's draft, an article in the JSO appeared in which TT used Stevens as an example of why it's not good to pcik for need. The idea, of course, was that he'd done that and has since learned from that mistake.

wist43
03-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Didn't Bobby Dillon have a glass eye? I'm impressed with someone who can intercept 50 passes with a glass eye.. :)

Maybe I'm just talkin out of my ass, but I thought I read that somewhere :?:

Columbo (Peter Falk) has a glass eye... took it out during a baseball game and gave it to the ump - said, "you need it more than I do".