PDA

View Full Version : For those who wanted Jeremy Stevens at TE

woodbuck27
03-13-2007, 04:20 PM
http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 4:45 p.m. EDT, March 13, 2007

STEVENS CATCHES CHARGES

Free-agent tight end Jerramy Stevens has been charged with driving under the influence and possession of marijuana, according to the Arizona Republic. (Thanks to our pal Gregg Rosenthal at Rotoworld.com for pointing this one out to us.)

Stevens was arrested early Tuesday morning after he was pulled over and admitted to drinking "four or five margaritas." He was busted for possession of marijuana after an officer found some of it in his back pocket.

Per the arrest report, "As [Stevens] exited the truck he dropped his cell phone and wallet on the ground, bent down to pick them up, then stutter-stepped as he started to walk in my direction."

For an ordinary person, dropping a cell phone and/or a wallet could be evidence of impairment. In the case of Stevens, who has proven time and again that he has the hand-eye coordination of a guy with no hands and no eyes, the fact that he was (allegedly) drunk might have simply been a coincidence.

It is Stevens' fifth brush with the law since 1998.

His record includes: (1) allegedly breaking a man's jaw with a baseball bat; (2) allegedly drugging and raping a 19-year-old girl while in college; (3) allegedly driving his car into a retirement home and then fleeing the scene; (4) allegedly driving drunk in 2003 when police found two empty champagne bottles in his vehicle during a traffic stop.

Yikes !!! :shock:

woodbuck27
03-13-2007, 04:22 PM
I see that red has a thread up on this fella as well.

Bretsky
03-13-2007, 05:24 PM
I wanted Graham or McMichael or even Eric Johnson; no surprise hearing this. He plays like a chump on the field.

ND72
03-13-2007, 05:25 PM
well it's looking like we're going after Moss, why not bring in more trash?

HarveyWallbangers
03-13-2007, 05:54 PM
I didn't think Graham was the right fit for what we needed. McMichael or Johnson on the other hand is a different story. Sounds like a lot of scouts think Zach Miller is faster than he tested. If that is the case, he might be a player of interest for the Packers in round 2.

BF4MVP
03-14-2007, 12:55 AM
I'll say it in this thread too:

what a dumbass...

Chester Marcol
03-14-2007, 09:12 AM
Come on now. You guys go jumping to your conclussions without the whole story.

They were his freind's pants.