PDA

View Full Version : Raiders have interest in KGB or Williams

b bulldog
03-13-2007, 04:52 PM
Fox sports is reporting that the Raiders don't have any interest in Rodgers but they have interest in KGB or Corey Williams in regard to a player for player trade with the Raiders for Moss.

RashanGary
03-13-2007, 05:09 PM
They can have KGB

b bulldog
03-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Don't know if this has been posted already but I just heard on the fan out of GB that the Packers are working out the details of the trade with Moss's agent and the Raiders.

pittstang5
03-13-2007, 05:21 PM
Hmm....KGB or Williams. I'm surprised they don't want both.

ND72
03-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Just heard on espnradio, KGB and a 3rd round pick for Moss is what the Raiders have "lowered" their price tag for.

b bulldog
03-13-2007, 05:24 PM
I would do that deal and than try to trade our number one to the pats for their two ones.

ND72
03-13-2007, 05:27 PM
I would do that deal and than try to trade our number one to the pats for their two ones.

Thank you! someone sees those 2 #1's sitting there just BEGGING Ted to do his stuff :lol:

Bretsky
03-13-2007, 05:41 PM
Just heard on espnradio, KGB and a 3rd round pick for Moss is what the Raiders have "lowered" their price tag for.

KGB and a third; I like the idea of Moss but don't want to give up that much

Brohm
03-13-2007, 05:54 PM
If he wants KGB then he should do a straight up deal. KGB is a bargain at his current contract given the current state of rediculous FA contracts and he is under contract for ~3 years yet.

Moss slacker and character issues with potential to rebound with a ludicrous salary given the recent production vs. KGB who is undeniable a high quality character and hard worker who has slumped due to overuse and at what is currently a bargain for a rush end (and what if was used appropriately instead of starting?).

Davis is on crack if he thinks KGB and a third is "fair" for Moss (and I would like to see Moss here, with farve as his babysitter :p).

b bulldog
03-13-2007, 06:08 PM
KGB is an average player. He is a situational player who has no passrushing moves.

wist43
03-13-2007, 06:16 PM
I wouldn't give a sack of dryer lint for Moss...

Flat out don't want him.

gbpackfan
03-13-2007, 07:05 PM
TRADE! TRADE! TRADE!

ND72
03-13-2007, 07:12 PM
just me, but I'd rather send a 3rd round pick for Julius Jones instead of Randy Moss. Of course, I like guys in their prime, and who have never been a problem to their teams.

packers11
03-13-2007, 07:14 PM
just me, but I'd rather send a 3rd round pick for Julius Jones instead of Randy Moss. Of course, I like guys in their prime, and who have never been a problem to their teams.

holy shit... Julius Jones is a piece of crap... To even compare him to Moss is insane... I unfortunately watched a lot of Dallas games because my friend likes them but I can tell you one thing... Having direct TV and watching most of their games, he plays like a lost puppy and he never hits holes.... He is not the answer at RB... NO WAY...

Morency > Julius

MadtownPacker
03-13-2007, 07:15 PM
Hold your horses there!!

The price went from a 1st round pick to KGB and a third? Haha, this is gonna be good.

You got Davis in a corner TT!! Dont give in now!

ND72
03-13-2007, 07:16 PM

holy shit... Julius Jones is a piece of crap... To even compare him to Moss is insane... I unfortunately watched a lot of Dallas games because my friend likes them but I can tell you one thing... Having direct TV and watching most of their games, he plays like a lost puppy and he never hits holes.... He is not the answer at RB... NO WAY...

Morency > Julius

You're right...over 2.500 yards in his first 3 seasons in the NFL is just horrible. Here's the problem, Julius Jones is a pure zoen runner...if you ever saw him at ND running the exact same zone concept GB runs, he was amazing. The 3 years in Dallas, he was in a power run offense that Tuna ran...BUT, 2,500 yards in a system he isn't fit for would be pretty bad.

But, lets go after a WR who is past his prime, and isn't truly that much of a deep threat, since that is all he has ever been, since he has gotten slower the past 2-3 years. That sounds soo much better.

ND72
03-13-2007, 07:22 PM
See my problem is, I look to the future, and the success of this team beyond the next couple years. Randy Moss MIGHT give you 2-3 years, or 2-3 plays. julius Jones is 26 years old...he gives you a solid 5 years probably for sure. The draft, we are gonna be damn lucky if Marshawn Lynch is there, which would keep us still at 1 RB, Morency. BUT, there is a good chance a Mechem, Jarrett, Rice, Ginn, or who ever you want at WR will be sitting where ever we are sitting that we can take that will be able to play. I'd rather trade for Jones, and Draft Mechem, than trade for Moss, and hope we get another RB.

Bretsky
03-13-2007, 07:25 PM
See my problem is, I look to the future, and the success of this team beyond the next couple years. Randy Moss MIGHT give you 2-3 years, or 2-3 plays. julius Jones is 26 years old...he gives you a solid 5 years probably for sure. The draft, we are gonna be damn lucky if Marshawn Lynch is there, which would keep us still at 1 RB, Morency. BUT, there is a good chance a Mechem, Jarrett, Rice, Ginn, or who ever you want at WR will be sitting where ever we are sitting that we can take that will be able to play. I'd rather trade for Jones, and Draft Mechem, than trade for Moss, and hope we get another RB.

I've missed the Jones news; is Dallas only asking for a 3rd ? I'd pull that trigger AND find a way to make the Moss deal work.

Then go for beat available and if it's a RB or WR they are a bonus.

SkinBasket
03-13-2007, 07:27 PM
I would trade KGB for a Chicken Salad at this point. You want to talk about overpaid players past their prime? He's probably a better example than Moss. At least Moss has laziness and a lack of motivation in his defense. KGB tries hard and still sucks.

I would be more than happy with a 3rd and KGB to pair Driver and Jennings with Moss for Favre's last stand. What's the worst that can happen? We'll have to rebuild from scratch in two years? Guess what? That's already gonna happen. I say go down with your guns blazing, not trying your hardest not to break a hip.

packers11
03-13-2007, 07:29 PM
I would trade KGB for a Chicken Salad at this point. You want to talk about overpaid players past their prime? He's probably a better example than Moss. At least Moss has laziness and a lack of motivation in his defense. KGB tries hard and still sucks.

I would be more than happy with a 3rd and KGB to pair Driver and Jennings with Moss for Favre's last stand. What's the worst that can happen? We'll have to rebuild from scratch in two years? Guess what? That's already gonna happen. I say go down with your guns blazing, not trying your hardest not to break a hip.

mmmm yummy... chicken salad... haha but no back on your post... totally agree, in 1-2 or even 3 years when Favre retires... The packers are going to have to go back to the drawing board and have competition at the QB level... We could be in for a couple of years without a solid qb...(just look at the bears,lions,vikings)... They will tell you...

ND72
03-13-2007, 07:30 PM
it's gonna be hard to complete any passes when nobody will respect any running game.....ask Mike Martz how that's gone.

packers11
03-13-2007, 07:33 PM
it's gonna be hard to complete any passes when nobody will respect any running game.....ask Mike Martz how that's gone.

agree but the ZBS is known for picking up 2/3rd round backs and plugging them in... Ask Denver...

ND72
03-13-2007, 07:35 PM
OH i completely agree....I've been the one taking shots for being a fan of Morency for MONTHS, and now, a week after it was panic cause all we have is Morency........we're all ok?? the ups and downs in this board really confuse me. Last week we're going to struggle to win cause we don't have a "decent running back"....this week, oh we'll be fine.

packers11
03-13-2007, 07:38 PM
OH i completely agree....I've been the one taking shots for being a fan of Morency for MONTHS, and now, a week after it was panic cause all we have is Morency........we're all ok?? the ups and downs in this board really confuse me. Last week we're going to struggle to win cause we don't have a "decent running back"....this week, oh we'll be fine.

Nope I agree with you, I think he just needs some help... A 1-2 punch... AND NO ONE else on the roster will be able to help Morency... Thats why I figured keeping green would be good because the packers wouldn't have to address that position at all... But now they definitely need to bring in someone from the draft or FA...

FritzDontBlitz
03-13-2007, 07:39 PM

kgb never should have been pencilled in as an every down player, he gives up close to 100 lbs to every offtackle in the league and he's a speed rusher. no way should they have expected him to perform at the same level as an every down player because its too easy to lean on a speed rusher and wear him down. shermy increased his playing time to justify signing him to that huge contract.

now that cullen jenkins has taken over as de on early downs kgb will recover his burst and his sack totals will increase. in fact, with jenkins starting the last few games of 2006 kgb looked much faster off the ball than he did the 12 games or so he did start...

wist43
03-13-2007, 07:40 PM
I haven't moved... no way can Morency be an every down back.

I'm in the minority on Barnett... but, you guys are definitely in the minority on Morency.

I like Morency for what he is - a 3rd down, change of pace back - but, as Tom Silverstein said in an article, "if the Packers go into the season with what they have at RB, they'll be the laughing stock of the NFL".

Those are pretty harsh words from a guy who is typically a shill for the Packers.

Bretsky
03-13-2007, 07:45 PM

I'm in the minority on Barnett... but, you guys are definitely in the minority on Morency.

I like Morency for what he is - a 3rd down, change of pace back - but, as Tom Silverstein said in an article, "if the Packers go into the season with what they have at RB, they'll be the laughing stock of the NFL".

Those are pretty harsh words from a guy who is typically a shill for the Packers.

Wist, I agree completely with you on Morency

Your negative blinders are way too overpowering on Barnett for you to ever give a fair view :lol:

retailguy
03-13-2007, 08:12 PM

Morency isn't a good 3rd down back, he hasn't even proven he can catch. Herron is much better at that, and that doesn't say very much.

Barnett is solid, not spectacular, but has been a great value. I support resigning him, but not close to Briggs money.

Morency can only be a #1 back behind the BEST DAMN OFFENSIVE LINE in the NFL. Otherwise - FORGET IT. (and, Yes Patler, that's my opinion.)

We don't have that line, although they are making progress.

red
03-13-2007, 08:21 PM
i think morency will be ok, IF we can get lynch and use those two in a one-two punch

they'll be just ok, not bad, but nothing special. and something that will at least give us some kind of running game

then in a year we'll be fine with lynch ready to go full bore

but if we don't get lynch and we just stick with morency and herron , then we're in big trouble this year

brett mine as well quit now if thats the plan

retailguy
03-13-2007, 08:24 PM
i think morency will be ok, IF we can get lynch and use those two in a one-two punch

they'll be just ok, not bad, but nothing special. and something that will at least give us some kind of running game

but if we don't get lynch and we just stick with morency and herron , then we're in big trouble this year

"IF" we can get? Is that the best plan we have?..... IF..... :shtf:

Bretsky
03-13-2007, 08:25 PM

I thought Chris Brown signed with Buffalo. If he's still out there he would not be a bad pickup; he solid when healthy.

And I know he rarely is, which is why he could come cheap. If you want a healthy and talented RB you have to be committed to paying more

red
03-13-2007, 08:27 PM

"IF" we can get? Is that the best plan we have?..... IF..... :shtf:

it sure seems like it to me

packers11
03-13-2007, 09:04 PM
"I just seen on the channel 2 news out here in Oakland that Moss can be traded by the end of the week. I sure hope so."

- Oakland Forum...

Chevelle2
03-13-2007, 09:11 PM
"I just seen on the channel 2 news out here in Oakland that Moss can be traded by the end of the week. I sure hope so."

- Oakland Forum...

hey dude, which forum was that? thanks

packers11
03-13-2007, 09:20 PM

- Oakland Forum...

hey dude, which forum was that? thanks

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98346

near the middle of the thread... (1st page)

GBRulz
03-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Apparently, you have to be a member just to read the posts. Screw that, I'm not joing a Raider board!

ahaha
03-13-2007, 09:48 PM
If the Packers could somehow land Amobi Akoye they could easily get rid of Williams and a 2nd day pick for Moss. That would be f@#in' sweet.

ND72
03-13-2007, 09:53 PM
I think Corey is just starting to chip away at his ultimate potential. I think he's a good one. KGB, while he is a fan favorite in most parts, and could become pretty good as a situational guy next year....is probably the one you'd look to trade IF it's at all true. And, contract wise,Moss for KGB might "work" a little better

ahaha
03-13-2007, 10:06 PM
I wouldn't have a big problem with trading KGB. But, I think he still has value as a pass rusher. He may only have one move, but he's still fast & quick. If the Pack had a dominant inside pass rusher, like Akoye could be, KGB would be more productive. The QB wouldn't be able to step up in the pocket. Williams has develped into a quality player, but he'll never be a star player.

b bulldog
03-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Where did Jones play his college ball :oops: Another great domer.

b bulldog
03-13-2007, 10:12 PM
I like Williams in the rotation and KGB could be cut without us getting any compensation for all I care. Great guy, not aa great football player.

falco
03-13-2007, 10:15 PM
wasn't kgb's little brother on the raiders for awhile?

HarveyWallbangers
03-13-2007, 10:21 PM
wasn't kgb's little brother on the raiders for awhile?

He was. Akbar.

packerbacker1234
03-13-2007, 10:51 PM
KGB Is fine with me. I like the guy and he is a class act, but he is making more money then a guy should who will only play one of every three downs this year. We can draft or sign a new DE for backup and use the KGB money to nab moss.Sure there will be a big penality per say, but were not spending anyways so who cares.

pbmax
03-13-2007, 11:50 PM
I wouldn't mind moving KGB. But losing a draft pick is painful enough. KGB gone means the anemic pass rush is slightly more anemic. Who would rush from right end on pass downs? Montgomery? Patton is kicking his butt on TV right now.

How did the Patriots give up a 2nd and a 7th for Welker?

BF4MVP
03-14-2007, 12:24 AM
KGB and a third would be my dream trade..I don't really care what we have to give up, though..I just want Moss! They can have Williams if they want him..

GBRulz
03-14-2007, 12:27 AM
KGB and a third would be my dream trade..I don't really care what we have to give up, though..I just want Moss! They can have Williams if they want him..

Fergie and a 3rd is what I'd like to see!

BF4MVP
03-14-2007, 12:34 AM

I'd do it in a heartbeat. Problem is, the Raiders probably wouldn't..Is Fergie even still on the team?! :? :?: :?: :?: :lol:

pack4to84
03-14-2007, 08:15 AM
I wouldn't mind moving KGB. But losing a draft pick is painful enough. KGB gone means the anemic pass rush is slightly more anemic. Who would rush from right end on pass downs? Montgomery? Patton is kicking his butt on TV right now.

How did the Patriots give up a 2nd and a 7th for Welker?Packers up and coming pass rusher is Hunter (KGB2)

red
03-14-2007, 09:56 AM

I'd do it in a heartbeat. Problem is, the Raiders probably wouldn't..Is Fergie even still on the team?! :? :?: :?: :?: :lol:a lot of us have been asking that question for a few years nows

Packnut
03-14-2007, 10:06 AM
I think KGB and a 3rd is a tad to much. Teddy need's to do to Oakland what Denver did to us and wait it out till draft day. The pressure is on Davis to dump Moss so make him sweat a few more weeks.

Brando19
03-14-2007, 10:24 AM
Moss for KGB and a pick is good to me~

LL2
03-14-2007, 12:20 PM
I would do Moss for KGB, but not with the 3rd included. I like Williams. He's young, and good to have to rotate in and out. Even though I would do the Moss for KGB trade, I would like to see what could become of KGB rotating in and out with Jenkins. I just think the coaches were on to something potentially really good at the end of last year.

HarveyWallbangers
03-14-2007, 12:22 PM
I would do Moss for KGB, but not with the 3rd included. I like Williams. He's young, and good to have to rotate in and out. Even though I would do the Moss for KGB trade, I would like to see what could become of KGB rotating in and out with Jenkins. I just think the coaches were on to something potentially really good at the end of last year.

I think I'm with you. I've debated whether I'd give up a 2nd for Moss. I'm leaning towards no, but possibly. To me, KGB and a 3rd is pretty close to 2nd round value.

Fritz
03-14-2007, 02:28 PM
I think KGB and a 3rd is a tad to much. Teddy need's to do to Oakland what Denver did to us and wait it out till draft day. The pressure is on Davis to dump Moss so make him sweat a few more weeks.

I am with you, Mr. Cerebral Packnut. And TT seems good at being patient.

pittstang5
03-14-2007, 05:48 PM
If KGB is on the trading block, TT needs to talk to Dan Snyder and Joe Gibbs. The Skins always give up high picks for players. Send KGB and a 4th to Washington for their 1st. Now TT has two number ones - send pick # 16 to Oakland for Moss and draft the best player available with Washingtons 1st round pick, which i think is #6.

Dreeeeaaammmm, Dream, Dream, Dream, when I'm with you.......

MJZiggy
03-14-2007, 07:54 PM
Thanks. Now I'll be singing that song all night. :)