PDA

View Full Version : Moss or No Moss

Partial
03-13-2007, 10:56 PM
see above

ND72
03-13-2007, 10:59 PM
sticking to my guns....If we trade for Moss, we might as well start bringing in some Bengals...

Bretsky
03-13-2007, 11:00 PM
why can't I vote ?

Partial
03-13-2007, 11:02 PM
why can't I vote ?

That's a good question.

ND72
03-13-2007, 11:02 PM
why can't I vote ?

if you're voting FOR moss...maybe it's a sign :lol:

Bretsky
03-13-2007, 11:05 PM
why can't I vote ?

That's a good question.

OK, seems to be fixed.

Must not have liked my Moss vote.

BF4MVP
03-13-2007, 11:10 PM
"moss."

DannoMac21
03-13-2007, 11:24 PM
Moss.

Partial
03-14-2007, 06:56 AM
bump

Zool
03-14-2007, 07:30 AM
Wait, are we voting for Mossy Cade?

CaliforniaCheez
03-14-2007, 07:42 AM
Vehemently and Vociferously opposed to any Moss deal.

A trade brings in a guy higher priced Driver and last years stats worse than Jennings.

I am much more opposed for his on the field play than his off the field immaturity.

The price is not a good one.

Partial
03-14-2007, 07:44 AM
Wow, the morning crowd is very anti-moss and the late night crowd is very pro-moss.

vince
03-14-2007, 08:34 AM
It's clear that TT is being very careful about not overpaying for him, which is a very good thing.

A third rd. pick and a role player like KGB, Fergie, or Williams is a steal, IMO.

retailguy
03-14-2007, 08:43 AM
how many of these polls do we have to have? We've had a poll running on the front page for a long time. Why aren't those results good enough?

Partial
03-14-2007, 09:04 AM
how many of these polls do we have to have? We've had a poll running on the front page for a long time. Why aren't those results good enough?

I did not realize it because I never go to the homepage.

wist43
03-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Can't stand punks... No Moss!!!

As I've said, if we get him, I hope he behaves himself and does well - but, I don't want him.

MJZiggy
03-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Interesting read.

http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/03/14/packers-should-ignore-moss-hating-fans/

Packers Should Ignore Moss-Hating Fans

Posted Mar 14th 2007 2:30AM by mjd
Filed under: Packers, NFC North, NFL Fans
There are a lot of Packers fans -- hell, there are a lot of people on planet Earth -- who don't care much for the antics of Randy Moss. He doesn't give 100% unless the play is run for him (and sometimes, not even then), he's not the best locker room influence, and he's a walking public relations catastrophe. I understand. I get the gripes.

But still, the public complaints should be the absolute last thing on the mind of the Packers organization. I know that the team is publicly-held, but that doesn't matter. If you own a few shares of Exxon, it doesn't mean you get to set tomorrow's gas prices. Fans are fans, football people are football people, and one opinion is more qualified than another. To quote Marv Levy, "If you listen too much to the fans, you'll soon find yourself sitting with them."

And this is not a defense of Randy Moss ... if it was me, I wouldn't want him on my team. But my opinion and your opinion don't matter ... the point is that the organization, for their own good, has to ignore what the fans want, and they have to do what's best for the team.

Fans spend a few hours a week watching games, watching SportsCenter, listening to sports talk radio. The people in charge of making decisions for the Packers spend probably 60 hours a week observing and analyzing everything that relates to the success of the Green Bay Packers on the football field. They know the pulse and personality of their own team, they know everything there is to know about Randy Moss. This decision is best left up to them.

They have to be concerned with the Packers winning football games, not smiley or frowny faces on the people who adorn themselves with giant foam cheese wedges. Ultimately, winning is what makes everyone smile.

BF4MVP
03-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Nice blog article..It is true that the organization shouldn't not bring in Moss just because they think most of the fans don't want him...I'm not just saying that because I want Moss here, I'm saying it because that's the wrong way to go about making decisions as a GM..Thompson spends a lot more time studying this team than we do..

MJZiggy
03-14-2007, 11:55 AM
He also has the opportunity to talk to the man if the reports that Davis has given him permission to do so are true. I'm starting to get the feeling that a lot of the more questionable things he says are said jokingly. TT will have the opportunity to discuss things that have happened in the past with him and I believe will make the right decision as soon as Davis caves to the pressure to get rid of him...