PDA

View Full Version : Pure Speculation 39

BlueBrewer
03-14-2007, 01:50 PM
Just read this on Packer Chatters. More fuel for the fire. Consider the source and take it with a grain of salt....whatever that means.

Forget all the other news you have heard, it is mostly speculation. I received an E-mail late last night but couldn't open it because of computer problems. After opening it a few minutes ago, here is the latest news on the Moss situation.

Any of the negative fan reaction about a Moss deal isn't affecting Thompson and it shouldn't. His job is to do what he sees fit to put the best team on the field. The Packers want him if the price is reasonable. It appears the Packers have made a legit offer, two in fact. I don't get into many rumors because no one hears enough ACCURATE information to post on a regular basis. Most rumors should in fact be called speculation, because that's what they are.

I won't say this information is 100% accurate because I didn't hear it from Thompson but the guy I have always called number one has been very reliable and I put his information in that 85%-90% accurate category.

For Moss

1 - KGB and a 4th

2 - KGB a 5th/07 & 5th/08

The Raiders want a 3rd/07 & 4th/08 or KGB and a 3rd/08 or a 2nd/07 & 5th/08

If the Packers want him bad enough it would seem a deal could be worked out. The Packers really want KGB to be part of any deal. Number one thinks a deal will get done unless another team like Jacksonville enters the bidding.

BL

HarveyWallbangers
03-14-2007, 01:58 PM
It's going to be awesome when Arrigo takes credit for breaking this--if Moss gets traded to the Packers. He's had every scenario in the book. Yesterday, he said a deal could very well happen by the end of the day. He's had just about every combination of draft picks and players going to the Raiders.

Packnut
03-14-2007, 02:06 PM
I guess #1 is acceptable. KGB and a 4th won't hurt us. I would be very pissed off if we give up anymore than that. Look's like the ole Mexican stand-off and we have to wait to see who blinks first.

Hell, if it was me, I'd bypass the whole thing and make a deal with the Browns. Ok, I'm crazy but I'd give up are next two #1 and #3 picks and Take CJ. Driver, Jennings and Johnson would be the best trio in the NFL for at least the next 3 year or 4 years. Talk about giving defensive coordinators nightmares! Ah, one can dream can't one???????? :lol:

cheesner
03-14-2007, 02:16 PM
Most rumors should in fact be called speculation, because that's what they are.
HA HA HA HA!

Another word for speculation is 'made up crap'!

Rumors, IMHO, are things you think are true - not what you are speculating TT might be doing.

Although I do believe that the Packers are trying to trade for Moss - most of the stuff this guy reports is MUC. (made up crap)

Patler
03-14-2007, 02:18 PM
It's going to be awesome when Arrigo takes credit for breaking this--if Moss gets traded to the Packers. He's had every scenario in the book. Yesterday, he said a deal could very well happen by the end of the day. He's had just about every combination of draft picks and players going to the Raiders.

Isn't that the truth! It's not hard to be "right" when you propose just about every conceivable combination of draft picks 2-5 , or one pick and one of KGB, Rodgers and Williams. The best part is, if it doesn't happen, he can still maintain that the offers were made, just not accepted. No one who knows will ever comment on it anyway.

cheesner
03-14-2007, 02:22 PM

Isn't that the truth! It's not hard to be "right" when you propose just about every conceivable combination of draft picks 2-5 , or one pick and one of KGB, Rodgers and Williams. The best part is, if it doesn't happen, he can still maintain that the offers were made, just not accepted. No one who knows will ever comment on it anyway.
Just went to the site - it is not Arrigo, but his partner in crime 'Big Legend'

He is the one who broke the 'Bates is our new Head Coach' story. Followed up 3 days later with the 'Bates was hired but told not to tell anyone, when TT found out he told Favre, he changed his mind about hiring him' story.

Bretsky
03-14-2007, 09:04 PM

Yes, this was a deal that was going to be finalized by the end of two weekends ago, then by the end of some specific days, then last Friday. I'd LOVE to get a summation of all the absolutely wrong calls he's made this year regarding FA's the Packers were interested in and then took a pass on.