PDA

View Full Version : TSN Radio:Bills swap 12 for 16 & Corey Williams?

motife
03-14-2007, 06:45 PM
http://www.packerchatters.com/draft/pattys_report/view.php?id=1842
from "Patty" at Packerchatters
More NFL Draft Buzz
March 14, 2007

The whispers continue that Green Bay is doing the prelim work of making a slight move upward in the draft. Buffalo likes Corey Williams DT and might swap pick 12 for pick 16 and Williams and a 2008 draft pick according to Sporting News radio

Also talk the Packers and 49er's are also talking about a swap as Mike Nolan wants to go the 3-4 defense and really likes KGB

The player believed to be of interest is Amobi Okoye DT

Since the Rams at 13 is the team slotted for Okoye in most draft pubs and the stated interest by the Rams it would seem GB has to move ahead if they get the player they covet.

I think it comes down to Eric Weddle or Brian Merriweather S versus Randy Moss - There seems to be thinking that GB is satisfied with Noah Herron and Vernand Morency as their RB tandem and will look to round 3 for a RB. There is also talk about adding a RB in June as well.

I still hear there is a lot of interest in Tanard Jackson CB/FS which could influence Thompson to passing on a rookie S in round 2 and trading the pick to Oakland for Moss.

Shaping up as TE coming on day 2.

HarveyWallbangers
03-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Yeah, let's give up an up-and-coming DT for a guy that has a 50% chance at being a bust. At the same time, we'll give up our first round pick to do it.

Joemailman
03-14-2007, 07:00 PM
I love rumors that start with the words There seems to be thinking. :roll:

HarveyWallbangers
03-14-2007, 07:02 PM
If this Patty really was in the personnel department with some NFL team like the site claims, I'm guessing he/she was fired for being so piss poor at it.

Freak Out
03-14-2007, 07:07 PM
What a load of crap. Give up Williams just to move up 4 spots? Right.

falco
03-14-2007, 07:16 PM
i would give my left nut for okoye, and with him and pickett you might not need williams, but he's definitely worth more than 4 spots in the middle of round 1.

that being said, if okoye ends up a gamechanger, it would be worth it. but thats a huge risk.

Joemailman
03-14-2007, 07:19 PM
According to the NFL Draft Value Chart, it would cost a middle 3rd round pick to move from 16 to 12. The way Williams played last year, he is worth more than that. KGB might be another matter.

motife
03-14-2007, 07:23 PM
The 49ers have the 11th pick in round 1.

There appears to be a dropoff in the "buzz" about players after the top 11.

Jamarcus Russell, Joe Thomas, Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson, Gaines Adams, Alan Branch, Jamaal Anderson, Levi Brown, Brady Quinn, LaRon Landry and Amobi Okoye.

Apparently the Packers are not too sold on Marshawn Lynch. They think he's too much of a "tiptoe" running back. Runs like a wide receiver.

CyclonePackFan
03-14-2007, 07:26 PM
With all the "develop from within" talk we're being fed, I highly doubt it.

the_idle_threat
03-14-2007, 07:31 PM
Corey Williams doesn't strike me as that much of a difference maker. Very inconsistent. If anything, he's reached the point in his career where it's 50-50 at best whether he'll continue to improve or become the next Cletidus Hunt.

Okoye is many times more talented.

I wouldn't have a problem with the trade, although it seems like it would be a draft day thing, because you have to know your targeted guy is there first.

HarveyWallbangers
03-14-2007, 07:39 PM
Okoye may be more talented, but he could be another Albert Haynesworth, Jonathan Sullivan, Gerard Warren, or Ryan Sims. There have been so many busts in the first round with super talented DT that I'd rather keep a player we know is decent and improving. Corey Williams had 7 sacks last year. He's also a try hard guy--who shouldn't be compared to Cletidus Hunt.

The draftniks rave about Okoye. Big deal. They raved about Haynesworth, Sims, Warren, and Sullivan too.

Brando19
03-14-2007, 07:40 PM
Corey Williams doesn't strike me as that much of a difference maker. Very inconsistent. If anything, he's reached the point in his career where it's 50-50 at best whether he'll continue to improve or become the next Cletidus Hunt.

Okoye is many times more talented.

I wouldn't have a problem with the trade, although it seems like it would be a draft day thing, because you have to know your targeted guy is there first.

Yeah...when the Bills are on the clock...and Okoye is still there...I bet TT will be making some calls.

BallHawk
03-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Okoye is very intelligent though.

motife
03-14-2007, 07:45 PM

Okoye's also a high character guy. Haynesworth and Warren were thugs and Sims was lazy.

motife
03-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Kevin Williams Vikings 6-5 311
Richard Seymour Patriots 6-6 310
Jason Ferguson Cowboys 6-3 310 (the one player on the team Parcells said he always had total confidence with)
DeWayne Roberston Jets 6-1 317
La'Roi Glover Rams 6-2 290
Tommie Harris Bears 6-3 300
Kris Jenkins Panthers 6-4 335
John Henderson Jaguars 6-7 325
Haloti Ngata Ravens 6-4 340

Amobi Okoye Louisville 6-2 302

ND72
03-14-2007, 08:05 PM
I love rumors that start with the words There seems to be thinking. :roll:

There seems to be thinking around Green Bay that everyone thinks we're going to do something, but generaly we don't.

the_idle_threat
03-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Good post, motife.

Jonathan Sullivan also had "motivation problems" (i.e. he was lazy).

Alan Branch is the ultra-talented but motivationally-challenged guy in this draft, in the Sullivan, Haynesworth etc. mold. I don't see it with Okoye. But then again, I could be wrong.

All I'm saying is that Corey Williams will never be a Kevin Williams/Richard Seymour/Marcus Stroud/Tommie Harris type guy. Okoye could be.

SkinBasket
03-14-2007, 08:31 PM
I'll take a pass on any information provided by "Patty" at chatters. Seriously.

You know what guys? My ass farted tonight and it sounded like it said GB trades 1st and 2nd for Indianapolis's 4th. It must be true.

SkinBasket
03-14-2007, 08:31 PM

You know what guys? My ass farted tonight and it sounded like it said GB trades 1st and 2nd for Indianapolis's 4th. It must be true.

And yes, it was a very long fart.

Brando19
03-14-2007, 08:34 PM

Thanks for specifying it was your ass that farted. I would have been confused. :lol:

SkinBasket
03-14-2007, 08:35 PM

Thanks for specifying it was your ass that farted. I would have been confused. :lol:

Somehow, I would tend to believe your statement, even with the smiley face at the end.

:hug:

HarveyWallbangers
03-14-2007, 10:03 PM

Okoye's also a high character guy. Haynesworth and Warren were thugs and Sims was lazy.

Samkon Gado is also a high character guy--with great speed and power. Doesn't always mean the guy can play. Okoye may end up being great, but that's the one position where I don't like taking a guy unless he's super talented and super productive with a can't miss tag. There seems to be more mistakes made on first round DL than any other position. Not only do I not want us to give up Williams to trade up for him, I don't see a single DL in this draft worth trading up for.

Brando19
03-14-2007, 10:05 PM

Somehow, I would tend to believe your statement, even with the smiley face at the end.

:hug:

Thanks sweetie

gureski
03-15-2007, 08:23 AM
i would give my left nut for okoye, and.....

If you did something like that then I couldn't look at you the same. You'd be half the man you used to be.

BallHawk
03-15-2007, 08:24 AM
I agree with Harv, DL in the first round are as risky as it gets. With DL there is no such things as a "sure thing," except when Julius Peppers was coming out.

You all remember this man, don't you?

http://www.packertime.com/roadtrips/2002/060302/photos/1-11.jpg

swede
03-15-2007, 08:27 AM
AAAAAGH!

The pick that led to Joe Johnson that led to 4-12!

CaliforniaCheez
03-15-2007, 08:51 AM
Once the draft is over almost all the "rumors" and made up BS, will end.

February, March, and April is the time of a lot of talk. Doing it here or around the water cooler is fine. There are good ideas that never happen.

When sports writers do it and then hear about a colleague saying something and so on until it becomes "the buzz in league circles" it gets out of hand.

Last year ESPN Insider said the Raiders would trade for Brett Favre. The fool who wrote it did not even look at how little cap room the Raiders had. It wasn't plausible and very poor journalism.

While I have been a fan of football for decades it does not make me an insider. I have moral limitations that prevent me from passing myself off as an inside expert and lying to people about what may happen in the NFL.
I don't have the killer instinct to take advantage of the gullible. "Arrigo" and "Patty" have an odd psychological need for what they do.

I'm glad to see some "Emporer has no clothes" and "ignore the man behind the curtain" type posts are showing up this year regarding "Patty" and "Arrigo". They can't fool all the people all the time.

Being snooty does not make one an expert.

Trumpeting my own horn:
As a personal triumph, I suggested last year(on Packer Chatters) the Packers should draft an OT to get ready for the day that Clifton and Tauscher are no longer around.

"Patty" poo-poohed the idea as Clifton and Tauscher were fine backed up by Kevin Barry. Guard, D-line, WR, were more vital needs. She said I was ignorant of the circumstance and unaware of what I was talking about.

Well Colledge, a Tackle, was drafted, started, gained experience while awaiting moving to OT. Moll, a Tackle, was drafted and filled in while Tauscher went down with an injury.

Thanks "expert"Patty.

Zool
03-15-2007, 09:30 AM
Skinbasket keeps a donkey in his house. Thus, his ass farted.

motife
03-15-2007, 10:21 AM
p.s. I posted this only because Patty said she was using Sporting News Radio as her source.

LaFours
03-15-2007, 10:27 AM
Anybody care to come up with a thread where we can catalog there "rumors" and then go back once they have been proven to be incorrect...maybe even come up with some percentages as to how often they get it right. It would be entertaining to say the least.

Everybody loves a good barbecue, right?

BallHawk
03-15-2007, 10:43 AM
AAAAAGH!

The pick that led to Joe Johnson that led to 4-12!

Love the avatar, Swede. :D

MJZiggy
03-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Anybody care to come up with a thread where we can catalog there "rumors" and then go back once they have been proven to be incorrect...maybe even come up with some percentages as to how often they get it right. It would be entertaining to say the least.

Everybody loves a good barbecue, right?

I was thinking that very same thing...

Fritz
03-15-2007, 01:33 PM
i would give my left nut for okoye, and with him and pickett you might not need williams, but he's definitely worth more than 4 spots in the middle of round 1.

that being said, if okoye ends up a gamechanger, it would be worth it. but thats a huge risk.

whoa, Falco. Are you saying that while Corey Wiliams is worth more than four spots, your left nut is worth those four spots? You'd give up your left nut but not Corey williams?

You're nuts. Two, so far.

woodbuck27
03-15-2007, 01:41 PM
I agree with Harv, DL in the first round are as risky as it gets. With DL there is no such things as a "sure thing," except when Julius Peppers was coming out.

You all remember this man, don't you?

http://www.packertime.com/roadtrips/2002/060302/photos/1-11.jpg

The great first round pick . . . that wasn't.

BooHoo
03-15-2007, 04:00 PM
I thought Corey Williams played fairly well and has potential. I would hate to just give him away without adequate compensation.