PDA

View Full Version : Moss to GB done?!

DannoMac21
03-14-2007, 09:34 PM
The deal is going to be finalized tomorrow.

Randy has been told to book a flight to Green Bay and will be at the press conference. Brett will also be making a statement at the press conference, according to my source.

The Raiders will announce a press conference for Friday at 5PM P.S.T.

The Raiders have agreed to allow the Packers to have their Press Conference before the Raiders official press conference, so expect a Packer Press Conference around 1 PM Green Bay time on Friday.

The Raiders will be getting Aaron, and the Packers 7th ruound pick in 2008 for Randy Moss, TE Courtney Anderson - Player Profile- www.sportsline.com/nfl...age/492881 and a conditional pick in 2009 with the highest being a 2nd round pick based on production numbers from Aaron.

Apparently T.T. insisted that part of the deal was for Ranndy Moss and his agent to restructure his contract and ALSO FOR RANDY to be at the PRESS CONFERENCE IN PERSON and offer an appology to the Green Bay Fans in regards to the Mooning of the fans in Green bay. (Good On You T.T.)

Word is Randy is very happy and he and Brett have been talknng on the phone. The respect that Randy has for Brett has always been known so this makes sense to me.

Aaron Rogers has not been assured that the Raiders will not draft Q.B. with the first Pick but is very upbeat on the opportunity to return to the bay area as well as know that he will be the number one QB going into camp.

I know you are all going to ask me for a source. I am sorry I can not give it to you, not that I am a reporter becuase I am not.

I can only tell you that this is what was told to me, by a guy I know, who is a friend of a friend... So this probably means crap.

I just wanted it posted and recorded incase it is right.

I am buying this becuase the Packers need help at TE, the appology and restructuring of Randy's contract as well as the fact the Brett is suppose to make a statement about the trade, after all.... He has been fighting for this.

R.P.

This was posted on another forum, and is hittin' all the Packer forums. This guy is very credible and very knowledgeable, and doesn't go by the name of "Arrigo".

Ballboy
03-14-2007, 09:36 PM
Players apoligize all the time(yeah, right)....the best PR move is to ignore the subject all together, why bring up a subject such as the mooning.

Not sure this is right

MJZiggy
03-14-2007, 09:37 PM
I will believe it tomorrow at 1 pm, when I see TT's silveriness at the mic.

GoPackGo
03-14-2007, 09:39 PM
http://www.antiquark.com/entropyzone/wallpaper/no_bullshit_tn.jpg

Rastak
03-14-2007, 09:40 PM

I'd be fricken SHOCKED if Randy Moss agreed to say he was sorry.

1) He isn't from anything he's ever said that I've heard.
2) He doesn't like to be told what to do, period. Ever.

packers11
03-14-2007, 09:47 PM
I HATEEE THISSSSS... Im never going to be able to sleep tonight, ill be staring at ESPN...

Bretsky
03-14-2007, 09:49 PM
I HATEEE THISSSSS... Im never going to be able to sleep tonight, ill be staring at ESPN...

Are any credible sources reporting this yet ?

I'm game for this, and if we get the TE as well it's even better. Anderson has some upside as a receiver iMO

esoxx
03-14-2007, 09:53 PM
This is so far fetched it's funny. I'm sure Moss would show up and apologize for mooning the crowd. Why are people so gullible? Please get your sleep tonight and don't worry about crap like this.

Brando19
03-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Is this a sick sick early April Fool's joke? Bastards!

CyclonePackFan
03-14-2007, 10:01 PM
All that talk about Aaron Rodgers being the QB of the future for Green Bay...it's hard for me to believe they'd deal him. KGB I could see, but not Rodgers, not now.

I wouldn't be shocked if the deal wasn't made until draft day.

GBRulz
03-14-2007, 10:01 PM
This story is 100% false, at least the part about Brett being there. I was reading over on Favre's forum and Brett's own pilot said that he will actually be touring colleges with his daughter on the east coast this week.

I really wish this would just get done already, the rumors are getting old.

ahaha
03-14-2007, 10:04 PM
I was starting to believe it untill the part about him saying he was sorry. Why should he apologize for that? Is the Packer community so damn uptight they can't handle being mooned, I mean 'pretend' mooned. C'mon, it's entertainment, and it was funny as hell.

HarveyWallbangers
03-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Keep the bullshit threads at PackerChatters and JSO.

Partial
03-14-2007, 10:12 PM
this is BS.

falco
03-14-2007, 10:20 PM

thats a good idea. that way they don't interfere with million and one "why isn't TT signing anyone" threads. heaven forbid.

ND72
03-14-2007, 10:26 PM
until the "TT insisted Randy apologize" part, I almost bought it.

ND72
03-14-2007, 10:29 PM
sorry... :lol: I just read it again. so we send Rodgers and a 7th, for Moss, a TE, and POSSIBLY, a 2nd round pick depending on production? BS. Not only is Al Davis the laughing stock of the NFL for making the trade FOR Randy Moss, but he'd be a bigger laughing stock for this trade.

HarveyWallbangers
03-14-2007, 10:30 PM
After watching Lane Kiffin on the NFL Channel rave about JaMarcus Russell tonight, I have little doubt they'll be taking him. I'm thinking the Raiders have ZERO interest in Aaron Rodgers--whether they thought he was a good prospect or not.

motife
03-15-2007, 12:05 AM
http://packers.aolsportsblog.com/

From AOL's NFL Packer blog :

And now I've heard from one source who says there's a growing belief in Green Bay that the trade is a done deal, and that the Packers and the Raiders have already worked out the parameters of the trade. The Packers want to talk to Moss's agent about restructuring his contract, but it sounds like this could happen soon.

red
03-15-2007, 12:25 AM

agreed

people chose this place over packerchatters to get away for all the horse shit rumors

and this one is horrible

like ND said, the terms of the deal itself should tip you off

packerbacker1234
03-15-2007, 01:29 AM
First off, this isn't FROM packers chatters. This is from packerforum.com

Secondly, it's no different then any other Randy Moss thread that has been made to date.

Why have Moss apologize? Condition the packers could of gave TT on tuesday to allow the deal to happen. Why would Moss agree? He knows if he is to be in green bay that we have NOT forgotten the incident. He'll do it to try and save face then prolly mention how he's excited to play for the packers and favre. He'll prolly make some stupid promise like he'll make up for it on the field and blah blah.

Why would he say that? It's called a PR move to get the hell away from the worst team in the NFL.

ANyways, it's just another rumor of the many. We'll see on friday.

FritzDontBlitz
03-15-2007, 01:36 AM
even the original poster said take it as crap, and its easy to prove all we gotta do is wait 2 days. no need to trip until AFTER its proven false lol

HarveyWallbangers
03-15-2007, 01:36 AM
I wasn't calling for the end to rumors, but I'm here to call bullshit on them.
:D

It would be helpful if you named the source originally, so some of us can instantly know if it's believable or not. I seriously doubt the Raiders want Rodgers, and that's not a slight on Rodgers. JaMarcus Russell looks too good to pass up, and he fits what the Raiders want. Mike Mayock on the NFL Channel said that Russell has the best arm he's ever scouted, and he goes 6'6" 256 and runs pretty well.

Joemailman
03-15-2007, 06:37 AM
This rumor may be just nonsense, but I agree with 1234 that an apology from Moss could be a part of the deal. Harlan, if not Thompson, seems to be quite sensitive to the fact that a lot of Packer fans really don't want Moss here. An attempt to mend fences with those fans is a possibility. Not saying it's going to happen, but the idea can't just be dismissed.

swede
03-15-2007, 07:20 AM
Al Davis sat Marcus Allen out of spite.

He'll do the same to Moss when no one gives him a first rd pick for Randy.

He'll give up too much for a player, but he won't take too little.

I agree that Moss/Packer BS is reaching new levels of sophistication, like when junk mailers learned to make their envelopes look like tax refund checks. You open it and say, "Damn! I thought I was smarter than that. I actually opened this thing and read it. My bad for falling for it."

PackerBlues
03-15-2007, 07:28 AM
Far be it from me to stick up for Moss, but I do recall the UW Marching band coming out with cute little signs that they held up for the camera with some sort of smart ass remarks about Moss. He mooned the crowd. Tit for Tat, big freakin deal. If it had been a Packer player doing the same thing to an opposing teams fans, it may have been considered "over the top", but every last one of you that is complaining about Moss doing it would have laughed it off.
As far as all of that goes, Javon Walker made one hell of a stink before TT got rid of him, and most of the comments I have read from people were about how we should have kept him, and he was to much of a talent to let go. So, Moss wants out of Oakland, who the hell can blame him.......have you ever been to Oakland? Nuff said, without even having to say anything at all about the team. Nothing that Moss has said while trying to get out of Oakland is any worse than the things Walker said on his way out. Again, double standards seem to apply.

swede
03-15-2007, 07:30 AM
I believe it is likely that the lunatic fringe of Packer fandom struck the first blow in the moon war as the MinnyV bus rolled by.

No apology is needed.

AND...

if ANYBODY in the Packer organization is stupid enough, PC enough, overly sensitive enough to demand an apology or "negotiate" an apology as a term of employment then God help this franchise because when intelligent grown ups are in charge football and football alone is how you do business.

If Moss becomes a Packer I'm changing my sig to "I'm a bigger idiot than you think I am" for the season.

MJZiggy
03-15-2007, 07:46 AM
Far be it from me to stick up for Moss, but I do recall the UW Marching band coming out with cute little signs that they held up for the camera with some sort of smart ass remarks about Moss. He mooned the crowd. Tit for Tat, big freakin deal. If it had been a Packer player doing the same thing to an opposing teams fans, it may have been considered "over the top", but every last one of you that is complaining about Moss doing it would have laughed it off.
As far as all of that goes, Javon Walker made one hell of a stink before TT got rid of him, and most of the comments I have read from people were about how we should have kept him, and he was to much of a talent to let go. So, Moss wants out of Oakland, who the hell can blame him.......have you ever been to Oakland? Nuff said, without even having to say anything at all about the team. Nothing that Moss has said while trying to get out of Oakland is any worse than the things Walker said on his way out. Again, double standards seem to apply.

I have that incident on dvd and Moss was laughing when the marching band came by. I believe they had something like "where u at Moss" on the tubas. The more I read of things he's said and done, the more I believe that a lot of it is joking and people are taking him too seriously, but that is just my impression. Could be wrong. I think you're right about the double standard, but we are highly biased people and I reserve the right to have any double standard that favors the Packers... :mrgreen:

LaFours
03-15-2007, 07:47 AM
I'm declaring shenanigans.

Partial
03-15-2007, 09:07 AM

You mean the restaurant with all the goofy shit on the walls?

prsnfoto
03-15-2007, 09:13 AM
sorry... :lol: I just read it again. so we send Rodgers and a 7th, for Moss, a TE, and POSSIBLY, a 2nd round pick depending on production? BS. Not only is Al Davis the laughing stock of the NFL for making the trade FOR Randy Moss, but he'd be a bigger laughing stock for this trade.

This wasn't stated very clearly they would get the draft pick if he tanks is what I was reading from other sources. Yesterday it was Moss for Rodgers and a conditional pick based on Rodgers production but TT was concerned they would bench him if(when ) it is clear there season was over. This deal sounds like Moss for Rodgers,TE for 7th, Raiders get a conditional pick based on Rodgers numbers. This story has BS written all over it we would be the laughing stocks of the NFL if we made Moss say sorry.

MadtownPacker
03-15-2007, 09:15 AM
Man, talk about killing the messenger. :?:

LL2
03-15-2007, 09:40 AM
This thread is all BS.

LaFours
03-15-2007, 10:22 AM

No

red
03-15-2007, 10:45 AM

i swear to god i'm gonna to pistol whip the next guy who says shenanigans

BallHawk
03-15-2007, 10:48 AM

Telegram for Mongo! Telegram for Mongo!

Partial
03-15-2007, 10:58 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zool
03-15-2007, 11:02 AM
How about Chochkies?

I wear 18 pieces of flair.

LaFours
03-15-2007, 11:07 AM
How about Chochkies?

Well hell, Lumberg fvcked her.

Partial
03-15-2007, 11:09 AM
How about Chochkies?

What would you do if you had a million dollars? I'll tell you what I'd do, man, two chicks at the same time.

BF4MVP
03-15-2007, 11:12 AM
How about Chochkies?

What would you do if you had a million dollars? I'll tell you what I'd do, man, two chicks at the same time.
"And I think if I had a million dollars, I'd be able to hook that up, because chicks dig dudes with money."

"Well, not all chicks."

"The type of chicks that double up on a dude like me do."

Tony Oday
03-15-2007, 11:13 AM
true

Partial
03-15-2007, 12:26 PM
I'm thinking I might take that new chick from Logistics. If things go well I might be showing her my O-face. "Oh... Oh... Oh!" You know what I'm talkin' about. "Oh!"

retailguy
03-15-2007, 12:31 PM
shouldn't this discussion be continued in the garbage can?

Partial
03-15-2007, 12:34 PM

I'll be honest with you RG, I love his music, I do, I'm a Michael Bolton fan. For my money, I don't know if it gets any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves a Woman".

Tony Oday
03-15-2007, 12:37 PM
But it must be twice as hard for you, with the same name and all.

Partial
03-15-2007, 12:39 PM
It was a "Jump to Conclusions" mat. You see, it would be this mat that you would put on the floor... and would have different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.

KYPack
03-15-2007, 12:41 PM

I'll be honest with you RG, I love his music, I do, I'm a Michael Bolton fan. For my money, I don't know if it gets any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves a Woman".

Becoming a man is a struggle, Partial.

Listening to Michael Bolton records is a roadblock to that goal.

Task: Drink 3 or 4 shots of Jack and listen to Percy Sledge sing that song. This may give you an idea of where you went wrong.

CaliforniaCheez
03-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Ted Thompson is not foolish enough to trade for Moss.

The whole Moss to the Packers trade has been a hoax.

Where is there a shred of evidence it is even discussed??

Bob McGinn and his one unnamed source?? "familar with the inner workings of both organizations." Who is that source??

There never has been any evidence.

MJZiggy
03-15-2007, 02:05 PM
That must be just part of being a grown up O Fried One, as I can completely relate. And trust me when I tell you that my understanding of being a man is limited to :roll: .

packerbacker1234
03-15-2007, 02:23 PM
Someone said the raiders would be foolish to pass up on Russel. You sir are crazy.

They would be extremely nutz to pass up on Calvin Johnson, the closest thing to a sure bet in the draft. Rodgers simply solves the no russel effect.

Just opinions, but most analyst agree. If you have hte 1st pick you need to take the best player. Johnson is that man.

esoxx
03-15-2007, 02:40 PM
Someone said the raiders would be foolish to pass up on Russel. You sir are crazy.

They would be extremely nutz to pass up on Calvin Johnson, the closest thing to a sure bet in the draft. Rodgers simply solves the no russel effect.

Just opinions, but most analyst agree. If you have hte 1st pick you need to take the best player. Johnson is that man.

But if you feel the QB in question is a franchise type you draft him.

A franchise QB has more impact and value than a franchise WR.

HarveyWallbangers
03-15-2007, 02:49 PM
I agree with esoxx. Calvin Johnson is the best prospect, but how much better than Russell is he? If it's close, the Raiders have to take him. They have Porter, Curry, Gabriel, and Moss (for now) at WR. They have junk at QB. They haven't had a good QB since Stabler left (well, other than Gannon for a couple of years). The main scout on the NFL Channel said Russell has the best arm he's ever scouted. I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is close to being true, you put that with being 6'6" 256 and mobile, you got a stud QB prospect.

Jimx29
03-15-2007, 03:54 PM
http://i15.tinypic.com/2h4z7mt.jpg

CaptainKickass
03-15-2007, 04:20 PM

"What's you favorite Michael Bolton song?"

"I celebrate his entire catalog"

"Man - if it bothers you so much that your name is Michael Bolton too, then why don't you just change your name?"

"Why the hell should I change my name, he's the one who sucks!"

Joemailman
03-15-2007, 04:48 PM

Bob McGinn and his one unnamed source?? "familar with the inner workings of both organizations." Who is that source??

Thompson hasn't said anything, which is the way he does things. However, Bob Harlan has had opportunities to deny the Packers have an interest in Moss and has not done so.

Partial
03-15-2007, 04:55 PM

Thompson hasn't said anything, which is the way he does things. However, Bob Harlan has had opportunities to deny the Packers have an interest in Moss and has not done so.

What? He openly did today in Rob D.'s column for the GB paper.

TennesseePackerBacker
03-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Did you guys get the memo on the coversheets for the TPS reports?

the_idle_threat
03-15-2007, 05:07 PM
I agree with esoxx. Calvin Johnson is the best prospect, but how much better than Russell is he? If it's close, the Raiders have to take him. They have Porter, Curry, Gabriel, and Moss (for now) at WR. They have junk at QB. They haven't had a good QB since Stabler left (well, other than Gannon for a couple of years). The main scout on the NFL Channel said Russell has the best arm he's ever scouted. I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is close to being true, you put that with being 6'6" 256 and mobile, you got a stud QB prospect.

Top notch arm=pitching prospect.

6'6'' 256 and mobile =defensive end prospect.

For a QB, you need to meet certain minimums in these categories, but it's really all about what's between the ears. That's what makes a great QB. If all they're talking about is the guy's arm and size and speed, that should be a huge red flag.

Packers4Ever
03-15-2007, 05:17 PM
Players apoligize all the time(yeah, right)....the best PR move is to ignore the subject all together, why bring up a subject such as the mooning.

Not sure this is right

Bunch of bull, right ? I doubt we'd see RM apologizing to Packers' fans,
what's done is done. I do not like him, same as many feel, yet if he
really joined up with us, I'd feel a lot of relief, AS LONG AS he stays the
course, plays the game and behaves!!
It's funny, I had the feeling all morning that the story would break
tomorrow, March 16th, one way or another.
So we'll see, hope it doesn't drag on for another week !!

Scott Campbell
03-15-2007, 05:21 PM
However, Bob Harlan has had opportunities to deny the Packers have an interest in Moss and has not done so.

That's not what was said.

Partial
03-15-2007, 05:24 PM
However, Bob Harlan has had opportunities to deny the Packers have an interest in Moss and has not done so.

I'll be honest with you Scott, I love his music, I do, I'm a Michael Bolton fan. For my money, I don't know if it gets any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves a Woman".

Scott Campbell
03-15-2007, 05:30 PM
For my money, I don't know if it gets any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves a Woman".

That's because you haven't heard me sing "Whole Lotta Rosie".

retailguy
03-15-2007, 05:34 PM

What he actually said is not important, it's how the "pro Moss" crowd interprets what he said. Yeah. That's it.

retailguy
03-15-2007, 05:35 PM

I'll be honest with you Scott, I love his music, I do, I'm a Michael Bolton fan. For my money, I don't know if it gets any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves a Woman".

I take that this is supposed to be funny, or really witty. For the record, it's neither.

BF4MVP
03-15-2007, 05:48 PM

I take that this is supposed to be funny, or really witty. For the record, it's neither.
Not an Office Space fan I guess :roll:

HarveyWallbangers
03-15-2007, 06:07 PM
Top notch arm=pitching prospect.

6'6'' 256 and mobile =defensive end prospect.

For a QB, you need to meet certain minimums in these categories, but it's really all about what's between the ears. That's what makes a great QB. If all they're talking about is the guy's arm and size and speed, that should be a huge red flag.

Well, that and the fact he completed 68% of his passes at 9.2 avg/attempt for 28 TDs and 8 interceptions, playing in the best conference in the country.

Scott Campbell
03-15-2007, 06:09 PM
........... playing in the best conference in the country.

The Big 10?

HarveyWallbangers
03-15-2007, 06:11 PM
:D

Packers4Ever
03-15-2007, 06:52 PM

Doesn't he know of the incredible array
of hair coloring available for men? :?:
:)

Packers4Ever
03-15-2007, 06:56 PM

Why? There's never anything on but BB now, :x
but I'll be watching anyway.

packers11
03-15-2007, 07:02 PM
Sirius NFL just said that Moss should be in a Packers uniform by Friday.

INTERESTING...

esoxx
03-15-2007, 08:52 PM
it's really all about what's between the ears. That's what makes a great QB.

Dan Marino's wonderlic score disagrees with this premise.

BF4MVP
03-15-2007, 09:12 PM

Dear JaMarcus Russell,

You can't possibly be a good QB if you're not extremely intelligent.

Signed,

Vince Young

Charles Woodson
03-15-2007, 09:15 PM

Dear JaMarcus Russell,

Signed,

Vince Young

Theres a difference. Russell has no passion for football. Hes a pothead. Young wanted to play, he imo was better, and he wasnt as bad of a kid.

HarveyWallbangers
03-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Theres a difference. Russell has no passion for football. Hes a pothead. Young wanted to play, he imo was better, and he wasnt as bad of a kid.

WTF?!?

Charles Woodson
03-15-2007, 09:33 PM

WTF?!?

May or may not be true but i had read this on an oakland site.

I was listening to a Tampa radio station online to see what was going on in Buc land and how it could relate to us (HOPEFULLY NOT, Please God) getting Plummer.

A caller was saying that there is a possibility that the Bucs draft Russel if the Raiders do not...

Anyway, the host was talking about how he had a long conversation with chris Landry who is an NFL scout and Landry said:

Jamurcus Russel is a LAZY POTHEAD! He also said that he has repeatedly offered to have Russel over to his home to watch game film to work with him on reading defenses and that Russel just blows him off. Landry also said that he expects Russel to be one of the biggest busts in NFL history!!!.

Landry said (supposedly) that Russel IS ALL ABOUT THE PAYCHECK AND IS NOT WILLING TO DO THE WORK TO BE A GOOD NFL

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-rumor-mill/97268-oh-no-jamurcus-russel-red-flags-tampa-radio.html

Charles Woodson
03-15-2007, 09:34 PM

WTF?!?

crap looking back at BF4MVP's post i missread it

Partial
03-15-2007, 09:54 PM

Dear JaMarcus Russell,

Signed,

Vince Young

BF4MVP,

What's with the letter style of comments?

Your buddy,
Jim Rome :wink:

Partial
03-15-2007, 09:55 PM

What's up your ass RG? Those were some solid, solid movie quotations there!!

MJZiggy
03-15-2007, 10:00 PM
Maybe if you had referenced a stapler...

BF4MVP
03-15-2007, 10:04 PM

Dear JaMarcus Russell,

Signed,

Vince Young

BF4MVP,

What's with the letter style of comments?

Your buddy,
Jim Rome :wink:
hahahahaha :lol: I love Jim Rome. That show is fricken hilarious..Makes my boring job bearable.. :D

And yes, I did rip off the 'letter style' from The Jim Rome Show..Without permission :shock: :wink:

BF4MVP
03-15-2007, 10:06 PM

I agree 8)

retailguy
03-15-2007, 10:24 PM

Even I don't get that one...

retailguy
03-15-2007, 10:25 PM
I agree 8)[/quote]

Gee, I didn't know that the thread was about movie quotes. Partial, do you play tennis?

Partial
03-15-2007, 10:28 PM
I agree 8)

Gee, I didn't know that the thread was about movie quotes. Partial, do you play tennis?[/quote]

Yeah! Do you?!?!

BF4MVP
03-15-2007, 10:30 PM
And I..I told Bill that..If they move my desk again I am quitting..I'm going to quit..Because they've moved my desk four times already this year and I used to be by the window and I could see the squirrels and they were married..and I switched from the swingline stapler to the boston stapler but I kept my swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for my swingline stapler.... :lol:

retailguy
03-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Yeah! Do you?!?!

No, I just figured I'd get another witty movie quote.

Partial
03-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Yeah! Do you?!?!

As opposed to a sarcastic remark about the backfield situation and TT :wink:

retailguy
03-15-2007, 10:39 PM
Yeah! Do you?!?!

If you're in Ted's backfield, I really don't want to know.

MJZiggy
03-15-2007, 10:46 PM
ROFL...

LL2
03-15-2007, 10:51 PM
Ok, this thread has nothing to do with Moss anymore...perhaps it's becoming the anti Moss rumor thread. The thread to kill Moss rumors.

Zool
03-15-2007, 11:07 PM
or perhaps alot of people are sick to death of the same old BS posts coming from the same bitter people and are trying to inject some life back into to forum?

GBRulz
03-15-2007, 11:13 PM
or perhaps alot of people are sick to death of the same old BS posts coming from the same bitter people and are trying to inject some life back into to forum?

Makes one almost miss the Javon Walker talk, eh? err, ok maybe not

Zool
03-15-2007, 11:14 PM
Or the Sherman firing?

GBRulz
03-15-2007, 11:15 PM
Or if Favre is retiring !

Zool
03-15-2007, 11:19 PM
http://molanderassoc.com/images/misc/susan.jpg

STOP THE INSANITY

the_idle_threat
03-15-2007, 11:41 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

If you truly believe that the wonderlic score accurately reflects a player's mental makeup, then there isn't much point in responding. But I think you're smarter than that.

There are many mental aspects to the game that do not show up on a 50-question intelligence quiz: leadership, competitiveness and game awareness are just a few, and all of which Marino and Young have (or had) which make them better players than indicated by the overrated wonderlic.

My concern about Russell is that all the superlatives seem to be about his physical traits such as height, weight and arm, rather than these mental traits that are the hallmarks of a winning QB. This makes him a huge bust risk, IMO. It happens all the time ... people fall in love with a guy's measurables, and they fail to take into account the intangibles.

jmbarnes101
03-16-2007, 11:04 AM
As for JaMarcus Russell being athletic, I just read somewhere (one of the draft expert sites) that he ran a horrible 40 time and is being compared to Byron Leftwich right now. The Raiders would be better off trading for Aaron Rodgers and Byron Leftwich and letting the two of them duel it out and then draft Calvin Johnson who is the best player in this draft. I hope they don't do this because I want them to suck forever.

Scott Campbell
03-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Yeah! Do you?!?!

If you're in Ted's backfield, I really don't want to know.

Another Shermtard comment.

HarveyWallbangers
03-16-2007, 11:11 AM
As for JaMarcus Russell being athletic, I just read somewhere (one of the draft expert sites) that he ran a horrible 40 time and is being compared to Byron Leftwich right now. The Raiders would be better off trading for Aaron Rodgers and Byron Leftwich and letting the two of them duel it out and then draft Calvin Johnson who is the best player in this draft. I hope they don't do this because I want them to suck forever.

If you consider high 4.7s for a 6'6 260 pound QB, then he did run horrible. Anybody who has watched the two play can tell Russell is considerably faster than Leftwich.

esoxx
03-16-2007, 10:09 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

If you truly believe that the wonderlic score accurately reflects a player's mental makeup, then there isn't much point in responding. But I think you're smarter than that.

There are many mental aspects to the game that do not show up on a 50-question intelligence quiz: leadership, competitiveness and game awareness are just a few, and all of which Marino and Young have (or had) which make them better players than indicated by the overrated wonderlic.

My concern about Russell is that all the superlatives seem to be about his physical traits such as height, weight and arm, rather than these mental traits that are the hallmarks of a winning QB. This makes him a huge bust risk, IMO. It happens all the time ... people fall in love with a guy's measurables, and they fail to take into account the intangibles.

I'll see your :roll: :roll: :roll:

and raise you a :roll:

Now you're talking about intangibles like leadership, competitveness and game awareness... Where have you seen Russell not display these qualities at LSU?

I agree you simply can't focus on measurables for QB's, just like any position. But let's not pretend having a cannon arm and good size is to be so easily dismissed and even be cause for a "red flag."

It STARTS there, with pro caliber type measurables. Then the challenge is for that prospect to grasp the mental aspect of the pro game to take advantage of those good genetics.

That's why you rarely see QB's under 6' in the NFL. For all the brains, moxy, smarts, instinct, leadership skills, production and competitiveness Doug Flutie displayed, he was bannished to the CFL for years where he toiled in obscurity. I wonder why that was?

Ty Detmer was one of the most cerebral QB's I've ever seen but his highly productive college career only translated into a career backup QB at the next level. If he had the arm and size he would have been a monster in the pro game.

What you can't teach a 5'10" QB with a rag arm is how to be 6'6" and throw a deep out on a line. There is no upside potential in that scenario.

In essence, if you don't have certain measurables you just aren't going to factor in the NFL.

Could Russell be a huge bust? Absolutely. There are no guarantees with ANY player. But you see the measurables and he has what's needed from a physical standpoint. You just hope like hell he can grasp the pro game.

But really, doesn't it always boil down to that? Aaron Rodgers is very intelligent, showed excellent leadership and game mgmt skills at Cal. Yet, he has struggled with the speed of the NFL game, often locking on to his first read and then bolting from the pocket in a panic.

I'd take a chance on DeMarcus Russell and his skill set versus Danny Weurffel and his "intangibles." :wink:

cpk1994
03-16-2007, 10:42 PM
I think we can call BS on this rumor. Its hard to have a press conference when TT.... IS OUT OF TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the_idle_threat
03-16-2007, 10:46 PM
I was talking about intangibles all along.

The :roll: :roll: :roll: was for your strawman wonderlic argument. And here's another :roll: :roll: :roll: for you strawman argument about physical tools being irrelevant.

All I'm saying is that "tall with a strong arm" may be a general baseline (although Drew Brees and Chad Pennington might have something to say about that), but it doesn't make really tall with a really strong arm so much better that the guy should be considered a #1 overall pick. There are diminishing returns on the physical characteristics.

The true mark of a winning quarterback is in the intangibles, which we seem to agree are important.

My concern about Russell is that the scouting reports and draftniks seem to focus on his size and arm strength and say very little about his intangibles. Every year, a guy shoots up the charts because of physical tools, and intangibles are virtually ignored. I think it is happening with Russell this year. Just my opinion.

esoxx
03-16-2007, 10:52 PM
Can we stop with the :roll: now?

Actually, I owe you about :roll: :roll: :roll: three of them. There.

All even steven now.

You have your ideal QB prospect, I have mine.

Let me know where Chris Leak goes in this draft. :)

the_idle_threat
03-16-2007, 10:55 PM
Can we stop with the :roll: now?

Actually, I owe you about :roll: :roll: :roll: three of them. There.

All even steven now.

You have your ideal QB prospect, I have mine.

Let me know where Chris Leak goes in this draft. :)

:lol: Fair enough.

GrnBay007
03-16-2007, 10:58 PM
:roll: :roll: can I play?

:P

Guiness
03-17-2007, 12:38 AM

Admittedly, I've nvr even seen Russell play. But you're right that everything I've heard has been about his outstanding physical traits, and how he could be as good or better than a guy everyone's been watching win for 2-3 years.

Last time I remember this situation, Manning went 1, and Leaf went 2. Luckily for Indi, they didn't fall for the hype.

I'm not saying Quinn compares to Manning, but the situations are awfully similar.

Guiness
03-17-2007, 12:41 AM
BTW it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire

HarveyWallbangers
03-17-2007, 01:36 AM
Admittedly, I've nvr even seen Russell play. But you're right that everything I've heard has been about his outstanding physical traits, and how he could be as good or better than a guy everyone's been watching win for 2-3 years.

If you are talking about Quinn, I'd venture to guess LSU has had a better record with Russell in the last 2-3 years than Quinn has had at Notre Dame... playing in a tougher conference. Wasn't Russell who led LSU over Notre Dame? I think both guys are good prospects though.

Bretsky
03-17-2007, 02:07 AM
:roll: :roll: can I play?

:P

Only if you are giving hugs

:laugh: :hug: :hug:

b bulldog
03-17-2007, 08:34 AM
Russell ran a 4.83

Tony Oday
03-17-2007, 09:59 AM
Regardless if either one of them go the raiders they will be a bust

swede
03-18-2007, 12:24 PM
Mike Florio from ProFootballTalk was on WTMJ today continuing to spout the Moss for Rodgers deal is right there.

He says to expect, "Denial, denial, denial, denial, ANNOUNCEMENT!"

Anybody know if Florio has any cred, or is his deal to generate interest in his website?

packers11
03-18-2007, 12:27 PM
Mike Florio from ProFootballTalk was on WTMJ today continuing to spout the Moss for Rodgers deal is right there.

He says to expect, "Denial, denial, denial, denial, ANNOUNCEMENT!"

Anybody know if Florio has any cred, or is his deal to generate interest in his website?

I was listening to that too over the Internet (since I live on the east coast)... But yea, he is still sticking to what he said from the beginning... Its going to happen sooner or later...

HarveyWallbangers
03-18-2007, 12:48 PM

He's not a complete hack, but he's been wrong plenty of times before. He's better than the PC posters, but he's not John Clayton. Any, yes, he's all about generating interest in his website.