PDA

View Full Version : Noah Herron Re-signs

Brando19
03-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Green Bay Packers have re-signed exclusive rights free-agent RB Noah Herron.

I didn't know he was a free agent.

packers11
03-14-2007, 09:56 PM
SON IF A BITCH T.T.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

oregonpackfan
03-14-2007, 10:13 PM
I predict Herron will be cut just before the regular season begins.

Joemailman
03-14-2007, 10:15 PM
I don't understand why some people are so negative about Herron. He's an effective 3rd back. He's not going to be the Packer's #1 back, nor have the Packers ever suggested he would be.

BF4MVP
03-14-2007, 11:03 PM
Start printin playoff tickets

Bretsky
03-14-2007, 11:05 PM
I don't understand why some people are so negative about Herron. He's an effective 3rd back. He's not going to be the Packer's #1 back, nor have the Packers ever suggested he would be.

I don't see a reason to hate; I don't see a reason to like. He's our new Tony Fischer. If we were deep he would not make the team.

the_idle_threat
03-14-2007, 11:18 PM
No reason to lament his signing now ... but there is reason to lament if he makes the opening day roster.

SD GB fan
03-15-2007, 12:23 AM
No reason to lament his signing now ... but there is reason to lament if he makes the opening day roster.

yep. im sure the staff knows this too. even after his 100 yard game against the rams last year, the staff said he left a lot of yards on the field and he nvr came close to the backup job. no sense in getting rid of him before TC. he will be good for competition and is a servicable 3rd down back.

CaliforniaCheez
03-15-2007, 06:37 AM
He had good numbers in college.

However, he is not as good as Tony Fisher on passing downs.
He is not particularly fast or powerful.

As an exclusive rights free agent he can only sign with the Packers until the Packers discard their rights to his services.

The Packers will likely release their rights to his services before the season begins much as they did with Davenport last year.

Only a injury to another player will allow him to make the roster of 53.

This is rather routine and should not cause much concern.

BallHawk
03-15-2007, 08:10 AM

I don't see a reason to hate; I don't see a reason to like. He's our new Tony Fischer. If we were deep he would not make the team.

Tony Fisher was a little bit better than Herron, IMO.

retailguy
03-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Praise God. I feel much better now.

woodbuck27
03-15-2007, 01:30 PM

Right now he's either the first, second or third best we've got.

I'm excited. :)

HarveyWallbangers
03-15-2007, 01:40 PM
Well, he's not the best we have. I doubt he'll be one of the top two we have at the beginning of the season. He's a Tony Fisher type. If you have to play him in a pinch, he won't screw things up.

Fritz
03-15-2007, 01:42 PM
Well, why not re-sign him? What's the downside?

woodbuck27
03-15-2007, 01:46 PM
Noah Herron ='s NO FLASH Bobby Dash.

BooHoo
03-15-2007, 04:07 PM

Tony Fisher was a little bit better than Herron, IMO.

I concur. Fisher was better.

Merlin
03-16-2007, 02:29 PM
I would like to hear why people don't want Heron on the roster and also, why this is a bad signing.

Noah Heron played well every time he was called upon to step in and be the #1.

Yeah, that's a reason to get rid of him but yet we need to keep Rogers???????

WOW

SD GB fan
03-16-2007, 02:33 PM
I would like to hear why people don't want Heron on the roster and also, why this is a bad signing.

WOW

its not a bad signing. but i believe the difference between comparing rodgers and herron is the word "potential". rodgers has the potential to be a franchise QB in the NFL. herron is servicable but not vry likely to have potential to be a franchise RB.

Merlin
03-16-2007, 02:45 PM

WOW

its not a bad signing. but i believe the difference between comparing rodgers and herron is the word "potential". rodgers has the potential to be a franchise QB in the NFL. herron is servicable but not vry likely to have potential to be a franchise RB.

Potential? Where has Rogers shown ANY potential? Not in practice, not in scrimmages, not in pre-season games and certainly not in regular season games. IF ANYTHING, Heron has a lot more potential then Rogers. Rogers isn't even serviceable at this point. I am still waiting for someone, ANYONE to show me where Rogers has shown potential. At least with Heron, even if he is a forever backup, you know the guy will bring his game with him and produce.

packerbacker1234
03-16-2007, 09:59 PM

WOW

Potential? Where has Rogers shown ANY potential? Not in practice, not in scrimmages, not in pre-season games and certainly not in regular season games. IF ANYTHING, Heron has a lot more potential then Rogers. Rogers isn't even serviceable at this point. I am still waiting for someone, ANYONE to show me where Rogers has shown potential. At least with Heron, even if he is a forever backup, you know the guy will bring his game with him and produce.

/agree. Where as rogers shown one ounce of NFL potentional? In training camp, Ingle Martin out performed him. In preseason games, Rogers looked like crap. In the 2 regular season experiences, he looked like crap and even got hurt.

I see no future for him in hte nfl.

As for herron, it was a good resign. All he has done is excel with his opportunities. He is no morency and no AG, however he is a solid proven backup that if needed can fill in for a game or two.

HarveyWallbangers
03-16-2007, 10:20 PM
In training camp, Ingle Martin out performed him.

This statement is absurd. From most accounts, Ingle looked completely lost at training camp. If he hadn't been a rookie draft pick, he probably would not have made the team.

People have a real revisionist thinking on Rodgers' preseason performance. He was terrible his rookie year. This year, he was solid. Much better than last year. You can be a Rodgers hater, but these are just downright wrong.

Nobody played well against Cincinnati, Favre included. Green Bay lost 48-17. Rodgers only tossed the ball 6 times (2 for 6 for 7 yards). However, in the other 3 preseason games Rodgers went 20 of 32 for 316 yards with 3 TDs and 1 interception. Those are Matt Hasselbeck like preseason numbers.

packerbacker1234
03-16-2007, 10:40 PM
and who did we play in this preseason compared to last years?

I rest my case.

The Shadow
03-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Far to early to proclaim Rodgers a poor quarterback.
Far too early.

HarveyWallbangers
03-16-2007, 11:11 PM

I rest my case.

What?

esoxx
03-16-2007, 11:21 PM
We should really require a breathlyzer test on some of these posts, especially considering it's Friday night. :P

Merlin
03-17-2007, 06:03 PM
Far too early.

Far too early? Hrmm. How many training camps and snaps do you give a first round draft pick to show he has what it takes? 5-6 years worth? Another "he hasn't been given a chance to play in a regular season game" to show what he has mindset. When will people learn that there is much more to the game then playing in a game? The "game" is a reward for you showing you got it. Even though Favre is there, he DOESN'T HAVE IT AFTER TWO YEARS.

But okay, we'll give him this year and maybe next year to show something. So 4 years in training camps and snaps showing nothing and THEN he is a bust WILL YOU BELIEVE IT?

Phillip Rivers was sharp comming into the NFL. Mark Brunell, Aaron Brooks, Matt Hasselbeck, all showed they had skills their first season with us. Yeah, I see Rogers sometime in 2020 finally showing he has something worth looking at...

The Shadow
03-17-2007, 07:04 PM
"When will people learn that there is much more to the game then playing in a game?"

Did Yogi Berra write this?

Joemailman
03-17-2007, 07:45 PM

I rest my case.

You rest? I'd hate to be your client. As for your earlier statement that Martin outplayed Rodgers, Rodgers had a QB rating of 101. Martin was 43.

SD GB fan
03-17-2007, 08:49 PM
whats all this on martin being better than rodgers? so far, we have heard hes got a stronger arm. ppl linked that to favre, and then hes automatically better than rodgers. back in minicamp, all i heard about martin was his kicking skills and strong arm. then in TC, there was almost no report on the 3rd (martin) and 4th (worbel?) QB because they didnt get that many snaps and they looked lost.

Bretsky
03-17-2007, 09:30 PM
I agree

While Rodgers has not shown me that much, Martin has shown next to nothing

The Leaper
03-17-2007, 11:51 PM
Herron has been a kid of high character and high effort. TT is right to resign him and give him a chance to prove himself...as a sign to the rest of the kids on the roster that they will also get a fair chance if they keep their nose clean and play hard.

I doubt TT or anyone else in Packer brain trust expects Herron to be anything more than a #3 RB...ever.

Partial
03-18-2007, 12:41 AM
Far too early.

Far too early? Hrmm. How many training camps and snaps do you give a first round draft pick to show he has what it takes? 5-6 years worth? Another "he hasn't been given a chance to play in a regular season game" to show what he has mindset. When will people learn that there is much more to the game then playing in a game? The "game" is a reward for you showing you got it. Even though Favre is there, he DOESN'T HAVE IT AFTER TWO YEARS.

But okay, we'll give him this year and maybe next year to show something. So 4 years in training camps and snaps showing nothing and THEN he is a bust WILL YOU BELIEVE IT?

Phillip Rivers was sharp comming into the NFL. Mark Brunell, Aaron Brooks, Matt Hasselbeck, all showed they had skills their first season with us. Yeah, I see Rogers sometime in 2020 finally showing he has something worth looking at...

Mr. Steeno?