PDA

View Full Version : packernews.com reports moss ... tomorrow, done deal...

packers11
03-15-2007, 11:14 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070315/PKR01/70315079/1989

Posted March 15, 2007

Report: Packers on verge of trade for Moss

Press-Gazette

The Green Bay Packers are close to completing a trade that would send backup quarterback Aaron Rodgers and a draft pick to the Oakland Raiders for receiver Randy Moss, another player and a conditional draft pick, the Boston Herald reported today, quoting a source in Wisconsin.

Ted Thompson, the Packers' general manager, was said to be traveling and unavailable for comment at mid-morning.

Moss has agreed to restructure his contract, which is to pay him $20 million in base salary over the next two years, the source told the Herald's Michael Felger.

The trade, which reportedly could be announced as soon as Friday, is structured this way, the source told the Herald:

The Packers would get Moss, tight end Courtney Anderson and a conditional pick in the 2009 draft that would be based on how well Rodgers plays for the Raiders in 2007 and 2008.

The Raiders would get Rodgers and a seventh-round pick in 2008.

HarveyWallbangers
03-15-2007, 11:16 AM
So, the Packers News is now using the Boston Herald which was using the likely erroneous source. Hilarious! Maybe the MSM should just starting quoting Arrigo's rumors.

Partial
03-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Did you guys see that new rumor on the site? Some guy broke the story here!! Submit it to the AP!!!

gbpackfan
03-15-2007, 11:17 AM
If this deal goes down, AL DAVIS SHOULD FIRE HIMSELF. Damn, the Packers will have cleaned up!!!!!

COME ON TT! CLOSE THE DEAL!!!!

Joemailman
03-15-2007, 06:03 PM
If this deal goes down, AL DAVIS SHOULD FIRE HIMSELF. Damn, the Packers will have cleaned up!!!!!

COME ON TT! CLOSE THE DEAL!!!!

First there would be media reports that Al Davis is going to fire himself. Al Davis would angrily deny the reports. Several days later Al Davis would indeed fire himself. Several investors would turn down offers to buy the team. Finally Al would find the kid who runs a watermelon stand near his home, and announce the kid is the new owner of the Raiders.

The Shadow
03-15-2007, 06:06 PM
I just do not at all see Aaron Rodgers being traded.
Any story that includes this as gospel seems shaky.

red
03-15-2007, 08:44 PM
i think we should ban the next person that starts a moss thread

unless its a 100% done deal and he's in a packer uniform, i don't want to hear anymore

Packers4Ever
03-15-2007, 09:21 PM
i think we should ban the next person that starts a moss thread

unless its a 100% done deal and he's in a packer uniform, i don't want to hear anymore

I'm not starting another Moss thread but I just came from the Boston Herald re: Michael Felger's report on the Packers/Moss trade today, this report updated at 9:25 PM EST

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=188664&srvc=home

Draw your own conclusions...

CaliforniaCheez
03-16-2007, 06:31 AM
This is why it is illegal to yell fire in a crowded theater.

There is a human hysteria in panicked people.

If there is an unnamed source there has to be verification of a second source.

If a person is willing to be quoted then one source story can be run.

Throughout human history con men have taken advantage of the gullible.
Randy Moss to the Packers is just illogical but people believed it.