PDA

View Full Version : Just saw on PackerChatters.com Jesse Ballard Draft Chat

Chubbyhubby
03-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Our own gbpackerfan posed a question on there. Pretty cool!

BallHawk
03-15-2007, 11:52 AM
We're taking over the internet one step at a time.

HarveyWallbangers
03-15-2007, 11:54 AM
The guy lost all credibility with me with his response.

gbpackfan - Let's just say that the Packers DO trade for Moss, who do you think the Packers will take at 16? Assuming that Lynch is still gone (according to your mock at draftstudio.com). I can't imagine it would still be Robert Meachem.

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - I don't think Meachem would be selected after trading for Moss, having Donald Driver and a pretty fair 3rd receiver in Jennings/Ferguson. But if you guys do reel in the Moss, I think Reggie Nelson could be a big time playmaker in the secondary. I would take him at 16 if that were the scenario.

Jennings/Ferguson? Like there would be a battle for the 3rd WR spot behind Moss and Driver. Jennings would be the 3rd. Ferguson might make the team, and he might get in the rotation if a guy or two got injured.

BallHawk
03-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Ruvell Martin has a greater chance of making the team compared to Ferguson.

gbpackfan
03-15-2007, 12:04 PM
Hey, that's me! Don't worry guys, this is my home!

gbpackfan
03-15-2007, 12:09 PM
Here's the entire chat. And so we're not accused of stealing material, I will credit PackerChatters.com and Draft Studio for the chat log.

faede-moderator - good evening crew! Welcome Jesse! Let's get this going...

LMG-Moderator - Welcome back Jesse to PackerChatters Draft Chat...we thank you for taking the time to come in tonight. JB let us know when you are ready and we will start asking for questions from our list of fans with us tonight.

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - I'm more than ready, keep em comin'!

LMG-Moderator - faede over to you for the questions

faede-moderator - AAA_Packerbill has the floor to start us out, question for Jesse?

aaa_packerbill - How do you think Quentin Moses and Tony Hunt's games project to the pros and do you think they'd make good third round picks for the Packers?

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - Both prospects I project in the third round. I think that the power running style of Hunt would give the Packers a better inside presence than what they currently have. And Moses would fit best as a 3-4 OLB, he seems a little sluggish as a 4-3 OLB and needs to bulk up to play the 4-3 DE.

faede-moderator - Brett63088, you're up!

brett63088 - thanks for comin jesse....where do you think green bay would have to trade up to so they can draft AP?

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - Interesting question Brett... I think they would have to go within the top 5, if Cleveland finds a way to pass up on him, Arizona may be greedy enough to grab him at 5, unless they find some good trade offers. Teams will be Sooner Hungry if he falls past 5.

faede-moderator - Dairyfarmer, you're up!

dairyfarmer - Could you give your opinion of Tanard Jackson? What cbs in that 4th round area would be best playing a lot of man coverage?

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - Jackson could actually project better as a safety at the next level. I think David Irons would be a steal in the 4th, also keep an eye on Michael Coe, a sleeper corner coming off the board in the 4th or 5th round.

faede-moderator - DOWHAT, you're up

DOWHATISAYTED - Who is the best punt returner and in what round is he likely to go?

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - I like Aaron Ross from Texas as one of the top returners, he is either a 1st or 2nd rounder. Also the pair of Ohio State receivers could be lethal return men also, Gonzalez and Ginn.

faede-moderator - gbpackfan, you're up!

gbpackfan - Let's just say that the Packers DO trade for Moss, who do you think the Packers will take at 16? Assuming that Lynch is still gone (according to your mock at draftstudio.com). I can't imagine it would still be Robert Meachem.

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - I don't think Meachem would be selected after trading for Moss, having Donald Driver and a pretty fair 3rd receiver in Jennings/Ferguson. But if you guys do reel in the Moss, I think Reggie Nelson could be a big time playmaker in the secondary. I would take him at 16 if that were the scenario.

faede-moderator - JM. you're up!

JM. - Hi Jesse. Thanks for comming back. I don't think Eric Weddle is a real talented player but i do seing him beeing pretty good at the next level. He has the instincts and i love his enthusiasm for the game. I think he will be an overachiever and at least a solid starter for some team in the NFL. When i think about that and his versatility i think any coach in the NFL will love to have him. What are you're thought on Weddle? Would you draft him if you were the Packers (in second or third round)?

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - I think Weddle could pan out to be something pretty nice actually. His size is the big question mark, but his heart makes up for it. I would take him in the range of 45-60. Weddle is a underrated athlete too.

faede-moderator - Lmorqa, you're up

lmorga - Why isn't Danny Ware rated higher than he is? Would the Pack have an interest in the late rounds

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - Ware's production has dropped the past few years and hasn't shown promise as a good runner. Ware could be drafted late, but I would take many other players over him. Ware has the prototypical size but doesn't play aggressive enough and runs soft. I think he will be an undrafted rookie free agent.

faede-moderator - Madfan, you're up!

madfan - Brandon Jackson has been mentioned as a RB that would fit the Packer offense. I've seen him pegged at anywhere from the 2nd round to the 5th round. Which round do you see him being taken? Could he carry the load for the Pack? Thanks!

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - To me Brandon Jackson is an early 3rd rounder. I think it's hard to draft a running back that late and have him carry the load, but he is fully capable if he trains to become a solid NFL Player (i.e. Marques Colston). I like him though, he could be a steal as a 3rd rounder.

faede-moderator - Mdchef42, you're up!
mdchef42 - A lot of mock draft has GB taken Greg Olsen.what do you think

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - I don't think its too far off. Last year I had periodically put Vernon Davis at the #5 pick. The TE's production level is lower than normal in GB, and I think Favre plays best with some inside passing game. Olsen is a very good athlete, and reminds me a bit of Jeremy Shockey, minus the attitude.

faede-moderator - pack4to84, you're up!

pack4to84 - If Packers trade down how far can they go down and still get Brandon Meriweather?

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - Late first round, they would have to trade about 10 picks down to secure him.

faede-moderator - sdn40, you're up!

sdn40 - Is Ben Patrick the ultimate value selection at tight end ??? I think I would take him every day of the week in the 3rd or 4th vs Olsen in the first. Do you agree or disagree ???

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - sdn40 I really like Ben Patrick as an all around talented tight end. But he isn't nearly the receiving threat that Greg Olsen is. And Olsen is a very underrated blocker.

faede-moderator - brett63088, you're up!

brett63088 - do you see brian leonard as a mike alstott or chris cooley type player?

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - I see him more as a Mike Alstott. I really think the kid could consistently get 10 carries a game and be a pretty decent blocker. Leonard plunged wholes all year for Ray Rice.

faede-moderator - k, then on to dusty's question....

faede-moderator - dustytips] I recently read an article that said that green bay might trade up in the draft if adrian petersen if he is available because lynch supposidly tiptoes through holes and wouldnt be able to take the beating. Whats the scoop with lynch and the pack.

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - Peterson does run a little upright so nobody is perfect. Lynch may fall down to #16, but we'll see how hard teams bite on needing a RB in the mean time. I think the Pack could use a North-South runner (Between the tackles)

faede-moderator - fargo, go for it!

fargofootball - Hi, thanks for your time. Seems most folks are either hot or cold on USC WR Dwayne Jarrett. What are your thoughts?

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - I am enamored by his hands, they are like glue. But he lacks quickness, speed, and seperation. He could turn into another Charles Rogers it's tough to predict a possible bust. I think it's important to see him run routes at his pro day.

fisheye123 - Although names like Adrian Peterson and LaRon Landry have recently appeared on some websites for the Pack's first pick, Mike McCarthy likes BIG football players. What chance do you see for Dwyane Bowe as a first round Packer?
faede-moderator - fisheye, you're up!

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - Very realistic chance Bowe ends up a GB Packer. I recently watched 3 games of his, all SEC games. He showed as a massive blocker, and his routes are smoothly ran. Bowe also ran a 4.40 today at 221 pounds.

LMG-Moderator - Be sure to stop by the Draft Studio for great information on the NFL Draft all year long.

faede-moderator - gbpack, you're up!
gbpackfan - The Packers are rumored to have serious interest in Jarvis Moss. Do you think he would be a good fit in GB? Also, what other DE do you the Packers (for their scheme) should be looking at in rounds 2-4? Thanks.

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - I don't think he's a good fit in GB. He is another version of Kabeer. He is best fit as a 3-4 OLB also.

faede-moderator - JM, you're up!

JM. - Do you have any cornerback you think would be a steal late on the first day og early on the second day? Someone who could immediately be a good nickelback and eventually be the starter for Packers instead of Harris or Woodson.
Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - David Irons (Auburn, 3rd rd.), Michael Coe (Alabama State, 4th-5th rd.), Ryan Smith (Florida, 5th rd.)

faede-moderator - madfan, you ready with one?

madfan - What are your thoughts on Justin Harrell of Tennessee at DT. It seems that Packers are most interested in a run-stopping DT. Does he fit the bill?

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - As a run-stuffer, he can handle those duties. Harrell lacks pass-rush skills but is a big hole clogger.

faede-moderator - pack4to84, you're up!

pack4to84 - Zach Miller reminds me of Mark Chmura how would you compare the 2?

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - Miller is a better than average blocker and has soft hands. I see them both being strong and athletic tight ends with limited big play abilities.

faede-moderator - pasmith, how about you? you ready?

pasmith13 - How about Bauzin at DE . . . thoughts? A fit with the Packers?

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - He has a little bit of Kampman in him. I like a bigger end to fit with GB. Run-stuffing ends are needed in GB if Jenkins moves inside.

faede-moderator - ravenmaniac, you're up!

ravenmaniac - Compare Grubbs and Blaylock, who goes to the Ravens if they have a choice?

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - Both are can't miss guard prospects and definitely the top 2 on the board. Grubbs showed at the combine that he had quicker feet than Blalock. It's a pick your pony type of pick. Blalock isn't natural at guard just yet either.

faede-moderator - sebffvii, you're up!

Sepffvii - If Cleveland takes Peterson, and Buffalo takes Lynch (like I think they will) do you see the pack trading down to still get a back and an extra pick?Thx for awnsering

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - Sepffvii, it would be a wise choice to save draft picks but I think the Pack have an impressive selection at 16, and have a chance to draft one of the premier players in this draft class there.

faede-moderator - AAA, got one ready this time around?

aaa_packerbill - Where do you see Roderick Rodgers going in the draft, the S from Wisconsin

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - Played for an impressive defense, but I think he's a late round prospect or undrafted.

faede-moderator - dustytips, you're up!

dustytips - How's Michael Bush doing with his injury and where do you see him going in the draft? What teams fit his size and running style? Possible steal??
draftfan - jesse, do you look at other mock drafts and if so do you have any favorites?

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - A possible steal with Bush is possible yes. I see him as the 2nd coming of Bettis but with more athleticism and less power. Maybe Christian Okoye. I could see a team like New England, Green Bay or Buffalo keying on him.

faede-moderator - fargofootball, you're up!

fargofootball - I would like to see GB take Iowa OG Mike Jones as a late round pick. Your thoughts on him and what round might he go?

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - I try not to look at many other Mock Drafts. I really only go to www.nfldraftscout.com, a very good and unknown site. Daily updates, (all day long) and keeps you informed the best.

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - Jones isn't an impressive athlete but could slip into the first day. I like his size and competitiveness.

faede-moderator - fisheye123, you're up!

fisheye123 - Earlier you indicated the Pack needs a good between-the-tackles running back. Who has a chance in your opinion of fitting the bill besides Tony Hunt or Brian Leonard?

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - Michael Bush, and the kid from Arizona is impressive on his limited film (Chris Henry). I think the best would be Bush though, for the fact that he is strictly that and Morency could develop the outside game.

faede-moderator - JM. you're up!

JM. - I dont know much about Michael Coe. Please tell me something about him. What is hes strenghts and weaknesses?

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - Really impressive at the Senior Bowl. A former starter for Arkansas before transferring. He is big and physical but played for a smaller school (Alabama State). He reminds me a little bit of Chris McAlister but not as talented.

faede-moderator - madfan, you're up!

madfan - Do you see a FB that fits the Packers offense? How would Snelling from Virginia fit?

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - Snelling would be alot like Leonard but not as good. I think the best fit would be Leonard, but it's hard giving up a 2nd round choice to grab him when you have more pressing needs. Cory Anderson is a big boy, could be tough out of the backfield.

faede-moderator - mdchef, you're up!

mdchef42 - Would you pick Michael Bush or Tony Hunt if you were the Packers

faede-moderator - and that'll be the last question
Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - Michael Bush, better player, and better athlete.

LMG-Moderator - This concludes tonights Draft Chat and we thank Jesse for being with us again here tonight. JB's next visit with us will be on April 24th just days before the Draft....you won't want to miss this one. Check our Calendar on PackerChatters.com for the complete Chat schedule and be sure to stop by the Draft Studio for great information on the NFL Draft all year long. We will have a complete Chat Transcript up on the PackerChatters Front Page later this evening.

LMG-Moderator - Thanks to all for coming in with some great questions and hope you will join us for our next Draft Chat.

faede-moderator - Great questions tonight and a great crowd

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - Thanks everybody for the questions! Thanks to PackerChatters.com, you guys are awesome.

faede-moderator - thanks for a very nice chat and thanks so much Jesse for joining us!

woodbuck27
03-16-2007, 11:22 AM
brett63088 - thanks for comin jesse....where do you think green bay would have to trade up to so they can draft AP?

Jesse Ballard-Draft Studio - Interesting question Brett... I think they would have to go within the top 5, if Cleveland finds a way to pass up on him, Arizona may be greedy enough to grab him at 5, unless they find some good trade offers. Teams will be Sooner Hungry if he falls past 5.

There's Brett Favre busy busy busy.

Still active in the offseason. Always a Packer.