PDA

View Full Version : NFLDraftCountDown's Updated Mock!

PackerPro42
03-15-2007, 04:37 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

There's the link.

HarveyWallbangers
03-15-2007, 04:42 PM
95% of the draft sites will have us taking Lynch because of Ahman leaving. It will be interesting to see how enamored Thompson and the Packer scouts are with him. They may instead target a guy in the middle rounds.

PackerPro42
03-15-2007, 04:45 PM
95% of the draft sites will have us taking Lynch because of Ahman leaving. It will be interesting to see how enamored Thompson and the Packer scouts are with him. They may instead target a guy in the middle rounds.

That's possible, but I don't think you can pass on a prospect like Lynch when our RB situation is a big question mark right now.

Scott Campbell
03-15-2007, 05:27 PM
Would the Texans really take Adrian Peterson?

retailguy
03-15-2007, 05:37 PM

That's possible, but I don't think you can pass on a prospect like Lynch when our RB situation is a big question mark right now.

I didn't think you could let a proven back like Green go, when you don't have anyone else. We can see how that worked out. Logic does not apply PackerPro. NO ONE can predict what Ted will do. It's like a game of "where is waldo".

motife
03-15-2007, 05:38 PM

Someone said the Packers are not sold on Lynch, that he's a "tiptoe" runner. Runs like a wideout not a running back.

Scott Campbell
03-15-2007, 05:41 PM
I didn't think you could let a proven back like Green go, when you don't have anyone else. We can see how that worked out. Logic does not apply PackerPro. NO ONE can predict what Ted will do. It's like a game of "where is waldo".

A: Cliff Christl - Thanks. There are yardbirds out there who think building a Super Bowl winner is no different than putting together a championship Fantasy Football team. But based on the feedback I get, I also think there are plenty of astute fans who know the score, recognize the challenge that Thompson faces and have enough patience to realize that everything doesn't have to come together tomorrow. And I think there are more of those fans than we sometimes realize. They just aren't as loud as the ones who rant and rave about everything.

retailguy
03-15-2007, 05:44 PM
A: Cliff Christl - Thanks. There are yardbirds out there who think building a Super Bowl winner is no different than putting together a championship Fantasy Football team. But based on the feedback I get, I also think there are plenty of astute fans who know the score, recognize the challenge that Thompson faces and have enough patience to realize that everything doesn't have to come together tomorrow. And I think there are more of those fans than we sometimes realize. They just aren't as loud as the ones who rant and rave about everything.

Well, if Cliff said it, THEN IT MUST BE TRUE. :roll:

RashanGary
03-15-2007, 05:58 PM
RG,

I swear to god somebody pissed in your Mike Sherman coffee cup this morning and every morning since Ted Thompson came in and basically tore down the house your buddy built.

There have been repetitive, logicless posters in the past but at least they had 4-12 to fall back on. You are fighting a battle that you cannot win. This team keeps on getting better and it's doing it without jeopardizing the future like the man who came before him.

Your one liners are getting old.

Scott Campbell
03-15-2007, 06:02 PM
NO ONE can predict what Ted will do. It's like a game of "where is waldo".

This is pure ranting and raving in my opinion - a ridiculous and inflamatory comment. I think it's exactly what Christl was talking about.

RashanGary
03-15-2007, 06:05 PM
RG,

I challenge you to use recent history (post FA as we know it) and site SB winning teams that conducted buisness in a way other than what Ted is doing now.

Instead of using what you think are clever one liners to tear at a guy who is an obvious upgrade over your man crush, Mike Sherman, why don't you enamor us with some facts, details, ect... that support your stance. I think you might acctually get some good responses and change some minds.

I doubt recent history from the NFL will support your idiocy but if you delve into your magical Mother Goose NFL History book; I'll bet you can come up with some dandy tales about wolves and spiders that will scare us all into hating Ted Thompson.

In the mean time, I'll just keep functioning in the bounds of reality.

J-Rok
03-15-2007, 07:40 PM
From the mock:
A common phenomenon I have noticed in the NFL is teams with lackluster talent somehow finding a way to win a few more games than they probably should, thus taking them out of contention to land the type of elite player in the draft that they still need. Unfortunately for the Cheeseheads I'm afraid that might be the case with Green Bay this year because even though they finished with a .500 record at 8-8 they are still probably among the bottom 5-7 teams in the league when it comes to overall talent. That doesn't mean they can't land an impact player here though and Marshawn Lynch would be a terrific addition to their young offense.

Yeah, that's the first time I've heard that! Wow, you noticed that phenomenon all by yourself, Scott Wright? You're so perceptive. I'm so shocked by the insight you just handed out.

Honestly, this is about the fifth time I read someone talking about the draft and the Packers and magically finding this out themselves. You didn't. You stole it from another writer and you're passing it off as your own observation. Hey, look! Marshawn Lynch as well for the Packers? That's so original.

Whatever. This guy's just a hack.

Rastak
03-15-2007, 07:56 PM
From the mock:
A common phenomenon I have noticed in the NFL is teams with lackluster talent somehow finding a way to win a few more games than they probably should, thus taking them out of contention to land the type of elite player in the draft that they still need. Unfortunately for the Cheeseheads I'm afraid that might be the case with Green Bay this year because even though they finished with a .500 record at 8-8 they are still probably among the bottom 5-7 teams in the league when it comes to overall talent. That doesn't mean they can't land an impact player here though and Marshawn Lynch would be a terrific addition to their young offense.

Yeah, that's the first time I've heard that! Wow, you noticed that phenomenon all by yourself, Scott Wright? You're so perceptive. I'm so shocked by the insight you just handed out.

Honestly, this is about the fifth time I read someone talking about the draft and the Packers and magically finding this out themselves. You didn't. You stole it from another writer and you're passing it off as your own observation. Hey, look! Marshawn Lynch as well for the Packers? That's so original.

Astute observation.....I can't understand for the life of me why his site, over all the others, gets mentioned here so frequently. I followed it for 3 years and then realized he was a moron and haven't followed the mocks there since....unless omeone here posts his crap and I follow the link.

PackerPro42
03-15-2007, 09:07 PM
From the mock:

I agree with everything you just said. For the most part Wright is an arrogant bastard that thinks he's knows it all. Even on the forums there, if you even think about contradicting Scott's view point you're post is deleted by the ass kissing mods and you're banned. Not that I would know from experience, actually I do, but it's always fun to look at a new mock. Even if it is by one of the biggest fakes in the business.

b bulldog
03-15-2007, 09:45 PM
Quinns stock is on the rise from what I've been reading.

Joemailman
03-15-2007, 09:51 PM
What happens to Quinn if the Packers trade Rodgers to Oakland, and Oakland takes Calvin Johnson? Who will be the first QB taken then?

HarveyWallbangers
03-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Quinn goes to the Vikings?

Lurker64
03-15-2007, 09:54 PM
Quinn goes to the Vikings?

Poor Laura.

retailguy
03-15-2007, 10:09 PM
NO ONE can predict what Ted will do. It's like a game of "where is waldo".

This is pure ranting and raving in my opinion - a ridiculous and inflamatory comment. I think it's exactly what Christl was talking about.

And you're entitled to that opinion, and I'm entitled to disagree with it. Keep attacking Scott. It about what I expect.

retailguy
03-15-2007, 10:12 PM
RG,

I swear to god somebody pissed in your Mike Sherman coffee cup this morning and every morning since Ted Thompson came in and basically tore down the house your buddy built.

There have been repetitive, logicless posters in the past but at least they had 4-12 to fall back on. You are fighting a battle that you cannot win. This team keeps on getting better and it's doing it without jeopardizing the future like the man who came before him.

Your one liners are getting old.

then stop reading them. i'll wait till you "flip-flop" your opinions again before I respond to this. that'll take about a week, TOPS.

SD GB fan
03-15-2007, 10:16 PM
i swear, their analysis for us is the same thing everytime :roll:

anyone else notice that? cheap bastards..

CyclonePackFan
03-15-2007, 10:29 PM
I still want Reggie Nelson, and he's still there, going at #17.

retailguy
03-15-2007, 10:34 PM
"Picking the best available" player probably means we will draft a DL or a QB, the positions of least need.

Maybe we'll take a punter. :P

CyclonePackFan
03-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Ooh! Ooh!

Let's take Mason Crosby.

Partial
03-15-2007, 10:39 PM
I still want Reggie Nelson, and he's still there, going at #17.

I echo your sentiments strongly strongly strongly strongly

LL2
03-15-2007, 11:00 PM
I was all for Lynch, but that picture of him in that mock draft has him looking like a thug. Not trying to judge a person by his picture, but I don't want a Pacman on this team.

HarveyWallbangers
03-15-2007, 11:07 PM
Not trying to judge a person by his picture, but I don't want a Pacman on this team.

Thank God you aren't the Packers GM.

LL2
03-15-2007, 11:10 PM
Not trying to judge a person by his picture, but I don't want a Pacman on this team.

Thank God you aren't the Packers GM.

That's true. I have enough to worry about with my own career.

Scott Campbell
03-16-2007, 02:32 AM
Keep attacking Scott. It about what I expect.

Is this a comment worthy of a moderator?

retailguy
03-16-2007, 09:13 AM

Another attack... You should probably replace me.

Scott Campbell
03-16-2007, 09:17 AM

Another attack... You should probably replace me.

Like you, I'm not moderator material.

Fritz
03-16-2007, 09:26 AM
It's kind of fun to guess at who Ted really wants in that first round. As long as it's not Ted Ginn, I don't care too much. If TT takes Lynch I trust him, if it's an offensive lineman, if it's Brady Quinn. I don't care. Just not Ginn. He's not an NFL wide receiver.

Scott Campbell
03-16-2007, 09:28 AM
I dunno. Neither is Steve Smith. Of course Smith went in the 3rd round.

RashanGary
03-16-2007, 10:35 PM
Hey RG, I'm proud of my flip flopping. It shows that I'm able to change my opinion as facts and evidence permit.

I acctually have a goal and hope to always be open minded and willing to embrace and accept change as well as to constantly take in evidence and weight it without going with the flow of decisions or opinions already made.

You may have felt like you somehow took a shot at me but I assure you that I took it only as a compliment.

I will say that you seem to be a relatively successfull man and intelligent in many ways so while you are acting very out of character and borderline trolling lately; I still remember the decent RG that used to post here.