PDA

View Full Version : Vikings crowing about their wisdom

CaliforniaCheez
03-16-2007, 08:08 AM
This is typical of the viking fans media:

http://www.startribune.com/150/story/1058311.html

During the 2004 season, Moss sold out his primary sponsor, coach Mike Tice, in a national interview, and walked off the field prematurely against Washington, coming close to inciting a locker room brawl with center Matt Birk.

He became a problem on the field, in the locker room and in the management hierarchy (because Tice had sold his soul to Moss), and was eating up a disproportionate amount of the payroll on a defensively challenged team, so the Vikings acted logically: They traded him to the highest bidder.

That proved to be the Oakland Raiders, who offered the seventh pick in the 2005 draft and underachieving linebacker Napoleon Harris. The Vikings chose receiver Troy Williamson in a mistaken attempt to replace Moss' speed.

Since the trade, Moss has cemented his reputation as an overrated, annoying star. He has dropped about as many passes as Williamson and hasn't made many more big plays. While he shouldn't be blamed for the general dysfunction of the Raiders, he has contributed to it with his sulking and ineffective play.

One of the reasons the Vikings traded Moss was their concern over his work habits. He began suffering leg injuries, and the Vikings' brass wasn't convinced he would be diligent in maintaining his body.

By the time Cris Carter hit 30, he was employing nutritionists, chiropractors, personal trainers and masseuses to lengthen and enhance his career. Moss, 30, employed an agent who got busted for possession of crack cocaine.

Carter was the perfect mentor for Moss. In Moss' first three seasons, his teams compiled a regular-season record of 36-12. In '01, as Carter failed to reach 1,000 yards receiving for the first time in nine seasons, the Vikings went 5-11. Since Carter and Moss split, Moss' teams have gone 6-10, 9-7, 8-8, 4-12 and 2-14.

The Vikings realized that Moss was a declining player no longer worth the headaches he caused or the price he demanded. The Raiders quickly came to the same conclusion.

Scott Campbell
03-16-2007, 08:29 AM
Well there's a reason he can be had for middle round pick.

Rastak
03-16-2007, 08:35 AM
This is typical of the viking fans media:

http://www.startribune.com/150/story/1058311.html

During the 2004 season, Moss sold out his primary sponsor, coach Mike Tice, in a national interview, and walked off the field prematurely against Washington, coming close to inciting a locker room brawl with center Matt Birk.

He became a problem on the field, in the locker room and in the management hierarchy (because Tice had sold his soul to Moss), and was eating up a disproportionate amount of the payroll on a defensively challenged team, so the Vikings acted logically: They traded him to the highest bidder.

That proved to be the Oakland Raiders, who offered the seventh pick in the 2005 draft and underachieving linebacker Napoleon Harris. The Vikings chose receiver Troy Williamson in a mistaken attempt to replace Moss' speed.

Since the trade, Moss has cemented his reputation as an overrated, annoying star. He has dropped about as many passes as Williamson and hasn't made many more big plays. While he shouldn't be blamed for the general dysfunction of the Raiders, he has contributed to it with his sulking and ineffective play.

One of the reasons the Vikings traded Moss was their concern over his work habits. He began suffering leg injuries, and the Vikings' brass wasn't convinced he would be diligent in maintaining his body.

By the time Cris Carter hit 30, he was employing nutritionists, chiropractors, personal trainers and masseuses to lengthen and enhance his career. Moss, 30, employed an agent who got busted for possession of crack cocaine.

Carter was the perfect mentor for Moss. In Moss' first three seasons, his teams compiled a regular-season record of 36-12. In '01, as Carter failed to reach 1,000 yards receiving for the first time in nine seasons, the Vikings went 5-11. Since Carter and Moss split, Moss' teams have gone 6-10, 9-7, 8-8, 4-12 and 2-14.

The Vikings realized that Moss was a declining player no longer worth the headaches he caused or the price he demanded. The Raiders quickly came to the same conclusion.

Which part of the story do you disagree with? Sounds acurate to me.
Is he an acending player? Did he not really drop all those passes last year? Did he not sulk last year? Did he not walk off the field with the game on the line? (That's where he lost me). The Raiders were the best offer they had and they really were sick of his act.

Why do you think he'll be going on his third team in 4 years?

edit: What is a "Vikings fans media"?

Scott Campbell
03-16-2007, 08:37 AM

Because he's misunderstood, or something.

Rastak
03-16-2007, 08:42 AM

Because he's misunderstood, or something.

Oh, he is that.....LOL....I've only partially understood him these last 7 or 8 years.....

ND72
03-16-2007, 09:00 AM
this is the same type of stuff, that for the last few years, ALL of us have made fun of him for. And now, cause there might be a chance he comes here, we're all laughing it off like it never happened. "Typical Vikings Fan Media"??? that sounds like pretty solid "Randy Moss Coverage".

Merlin
03-16-2007, 09:07 AM
Typical Star Tribune editorial bs. I don't believe anything in the Star Tribune because they are always printing lies.

Why would any Viking fan be happy at the prospect of the Packers attaining Moss? When they had him he was the best player in the NFL and the Cris Carter & Randy Moss tandem was the best ever in the NFL (according to them).

It doesn't surprise me that they are running away from Moss now. I am just waiting for Cris Carter to molest someone so they can rip on him to. There is no loyalty in Minnesota.

MadtownPacker
03-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Thats some hardcore spin there. Woudnt it be his third team in 9 years (first was in 98)?

Either way, those of us that want Moss dont really give a damn about him. Only the fact he can improve the offense as long as Favre is the QB. Not much different then sharper (whose is now in decline, yikes!).

But if it pisses purple lovers off all the better!!

CaliforniaCheez
03-16-2007, 09:09 AM
I never disagreed with the assessment of Moss. That is accurate.

The Star Tribune of Minneapolis is the media outlet for those suffering from interest in the vikings.

What is so vikings is
a)turning on the no talent Moss;
b)indicating that it was Chris Carter that made Randy Moss successful,
c)and that getting rid of the contract they agreed upon was done with great forsight.
d) the Packers are stupid to consider the aquisition of Moss at a high price.

I will stipulate that trading Moss was good timing by the Vikings(a year earlier would have been better) their motivation in doing so is suspect but ultimately fortuitous.

Now vikings sympathizers can feel better about the trade to Oakland and those who opposed it a little shame.

GBRulz
03-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Actually, Moss is big time into nutrition from what I've read. I guess he has started his own juice chain or something as well.

I think us Packer fans are aware of the pros and cons that come along with him, but it's a chance that we need to take. Worst case scenario, he's gone after a year.

Scott Campbell
03-16-2007, 09:13 AM

Carter wasn't a choir boy before he arrived in MN. He transormed himself as he grew up.

Moss is at a point where many players start to think about their NFL legacy - not to mention one last opportunity at a fat contract. He has plenty of logical reasons to change his stripes and shape up. But he's a bonehead, so I guess we'll just have to see.

Fritz
03-16-2007, 09:16 AM
I'm not sure anyone is doubting the coverage of Moss in that article all that much.

I'd prefer the Packers just stay away from Moss. He's a quarterback eater, so once Favre is gone Moss is useless to the Packers. He's got a questionable work ethic. His skills are now in question.

I'd rather see a rookie at the #3 receiver spot this year, with DD and Jennings manning the top two spots, and Ferguson, Martin, and Holliday battling for the fourth spot.

wist43
03-16-2007, 09:27 AM
Wisdom and Vikings are two words that should never be used in the same sentence!!!

Merlin
03-16-2007, 09:32 AM
Moss isn't a QB eater.....LOL. You are thinking about TO.

IF Favre goes another two years, that's about as long as Moss will be effective for us anyway. I don't put him up there with Jerry Rice because Moss is somewhat one dimensional in that he is awesome in the long ball but average everywhere else. He has a few good seasons left in him and that's all we need him for anyway. After that, DD and Moss will be looked at getting replaced on the roster or moved to #3 & #4. Moss, primarily because he won't be as effective in our offense as teams learn to defend us and DD because of all of the punishment he has taken over the years. I hope I am wrong about DD and that his body can take it but I also look to his age and I see a serious injury down the road for him because of his age. In my mind, he is the consummate receiver and like Favre, I wish we could keep him for 15 years.

lod01
03-16-2007, 09:42 AM
The fact that they took 'Brick Mits' Williamson in the top 10 shows they are clueless.

Rastak
03-16-2007, 09:44 AM
The fact that they took 'Brick Mits' Williamson in the top 10 shows they are clueless.

I only have two words to that....

Tony Mandarich

:lol:

lod01
03-16-2007, 09:48 AM
Mandarich still even came back and played some for Indy. Yeah, a bust but that was then. This is now. Pack 'may' have made a bad pick.

The viking DID make a bad pick. He can't catch. He couldn't catch before he was drafted.

mngolf19
03-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Wisdom and Vikings are two words that should never be used in the same sentence!!!

Ah we poke fun at that for which we do not understand. :wink:

Rastak
03-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Mandarich still even came back and played some for Indy. Yeah, a bust but that was then. This is now. Pack 'may' have made a bad pick.

The viking DID make a bad pick. He can't catch. He couldn't catch before he was drafted.

Umm, are you telling me that Mandarich MAY have been a bad pick? You can't be serious, he's considered to be one of the all time busts of the NFL.
How about Jamal Reynolds? Teams do "F" it up sometimes, that's for sure.

Back to the Vikes.
Yea, no question at all it was a bad pick. SC didn't throw much but he still caught the damn ball on occasion. Very dissappointing. I'd give him one more season then I'd cut my losses.

mngolf19
03-16-2007, 09:55 AM

Your probably right about Williamson, but he'll get one last chance this year. If he fails, I'm right there with ya. But watch, some other team will pick him up as soon as he is dropped. (excuse the pun)

Partial
03-16-2007, 09:59 AM

:lol: :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
03-16-2007, 10:20 AM

Tony Mandarich

Actually, the Packers brass back then was clueless, so bad example. I don't think he's insinuating that all of the Vikings GMs have been clueless. They were pretty darn good in the 70s.

lod01
03-16-2007, 10:30 AM
[quote=lod01]

Umm, are you telling me that Mandarich MAY have been a bad pick? You can't be serious, he's considered to be one of the all time busts of the NFL.
How about Jamal Reynolds? Teams do "F" it up sometimes, that's for sure.

Mandarich fit a need at that time. So did Williamson but if I recall Mandarich was 'projected' to be great based on his college play. Williamson didn't do squat in college to rate as a top 10 pick. That's the difference.

Oh yeah, same with Reynolds. He was a need I beleive and didn't pan out. But Williamson? What did he do in college that says this guy is it? Drop passes while flashing speed?

Rastak
03-16-2007, 10:31 AM

Tony Mandarich

Actually, the Packers brass back then was clueless, so bad example. I don't think he's insinuating that all of the Vikings GMs have been clueless. They were pretty darn good in the 70s.

Fair enough, they are starting to look pretty clueless right now I hate to say. The guy/gal making the comment certainly didn't spell that out I'm afraid.

lod01
03-16-2007, 10:32 AM

Yeah the Vikings were something back then. Now they consist of overpaying 2nd stringers like Bobby Wade and Shiancoe. That's just brutal.

ND72
03-16-2007, 10:35 AM
Oh yeah, same with Reynolds. He was a need I beleive and didn't pan out. But Williamson? What did he do in college that says this guy is it? Drop passes while flashing speed?

Actually, Williamson was a 2 time, 1st team SEC all conference WR...he ran a 4.19 at the combine, and a 4.22 on grass. his times pushed him up the board, but he was considered the top WR that year even before he ran his times.

Fritz
03-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Moss isn't a QB eater.....LOL. You are thinking about TO.

IF Favre goes another two years, that's about as long as Moss will be effective for us anyway. I don't put him up there with Jerry Rice because Moss is somewhat one dimensional in that he is awesome in the long ball but average everywhere else. He has a few good seasons left in him and that's all we need him for anyway. After that, DD and Moss will be looked at getting replaced on the roster or moved to #3 & #4. Moss, primarily because he won't be as effective in our offense as teams learn to defend us and DD because of all of the punishment he has taken over the years. I hope I am wrong about DD and that his body can take it but I also look to his age and I see a serious injury down the road for him because of his age. In my mind, he is the consummate receiver and like Favre, I wish we could keep him for 15 years.

Sorry, Merlin. I am thinking of Moss. I read an article - JSO I think - in which it was mentioned that once Culpepper was hurt in Minny, Moss got poutier and poutier about the QB not getting him the ball often enough, not being accurate enough, and so on. This continued in Oakland, where he ate Broods and Walter alive in the lockerroom, according to same article. We do agree though that Moss is only a two year answer, tops, if he's an answer at all.

Rastak
03-16-2007, 10:44 AM

Actually, Williamson was a 2 time, 1st team SEC all conference WR...he ran a 4.19 at the combine, and a 4.22 on grass. his times pushed him up the board, but he was considered the top WR that year even before he ran his times.

I'm sure he would have gone top 15 had the Vikings not drafted him but he's earning the BUST label, thats for sure.

wist43
03-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Actually, I think Williamson still has a chance...

The organization he went to couldn't have helped... they're a pretty dysfunctional group over there in the Twin Cities.

Getting rid of Moss and Culpepper was a step in the right direction, but they've been a rudderless ship for a while now - the Vikings have a talented roster, but I really don't think they've ever seen the value of leadership at the top... w/o quality leadership at the top, I don't care how much talent you have, you're not going to win anything.

lod01
03-16-2007, 11:05 AM

There had to be some awful SEC WR's those years because this is the best he could muster:

As a junior, Williamson accounted for a career-high 835 yards on 43 receptions with seven touchdowns.

before that it was this: 31 passes for 428 yards (13.8 avg.) and two touchdowns. How did that get a 1st team all SEC rating????

Negatives: Has adequate hands, but struggles to adjust to the over-the-shoulder tosses

That doesn't bode well for a player the Vikes were thinking could take Moss' spot. We all know speed kills....a team...... if the guy can't catch.

HarveyWallbangers
03-16-2007, 11:17 AM

Williamson ran in the mid 4.3s at the combine--which was only a fraction better than Terrence Murphy.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/8235750

Fritz
03-16-2007, 11:18 AM
Ah, Terrance Murphy. I wonder how that guy would have worked out had he stayed healthy. He looked pretty promising for a rookie receiver. sigh.

HarveyWallbangers
03-16-2007, 11:20 AM
Ah, Terrance Murphy. I wonder how that guy would have worked out had he stayed healthy. He looked pretty promising for a rookie receiver. sigh.

Agreed. I don't think we'd be talking about Randy Moss if Murphy had stayed healthy. He looked promising, and he could have provided the speed that we are looking for.

esoxx
03-16-2007, 10:27 PM

Tony Mandarich

To which I have two words to that....

Dimitrius Underwood

the_idle_threat
03-16-2007, 10:55 PM

Tony Mandarich

Dimitrius Underwood

Damn! You beat me to it! :lol:

esoxx
03-16-2007, 11:22 PM
I was going to go with Duane Clemons but I thought I'd use the trump card right away. :)

HarveyWallbangers
03-16-2007, 11:25 PM
I still can't fathom Kenechi Udeze getting 0 sacks as a full-time DE last year.

esoxx
03-16-2007, 11:27 PM
Dwyane Rudd turned out well.

Anyone know what Michael Bennett's up to?

the_idle_threat
03-16-2007, 11:29 PM
OK, now we're just piling on ... :lol:

:whist: Derrick Alexander (defensive end)

Rastak
03-17-2007, 06:10 AM
OK, now we're just piling on ... :lol:

:whist: Derrick Alexander (defensive end)Ahmad Carroll.....nice pick.... :)

Rastak
03-17-2007, 06:11 AM

How's Antwan Edwards doing for the Pack?

:)

Rastak
03-17-2007, 06:12 AM

Tony Mandarich

Dimitrius Underwood

Darrell Thompson..... :D

Rastak
03-17-2007, 06:13 AM
I was going to go with Duane Clemons but I thought I'd use the trump card right away. :)

Tony Bennett worked out well...... :)

the_idle_threat
03-17-2007, 06:41 AM
Yeah, I had to figure this was coming. :lol:

No mention of John Michels? Maybe you were saving that one as a trump card.

Tony Bennett was a very good player for the Pack who left in free agency. He had two seasons of 13+ sacks for the Pack and I think he played in at least one Pro Bowl during that time.

Of course, I recognize that Clemons was no bust either ... he developed into an average starter for the 'queens, which is better than being a total bust but probably a disappointment for being a first round pick.

Rastak
03-17-2007, 07:38 AM
Yeah, I had to figure this was coming. :lol:

Tony Bennett was a very good player for the Pack who left in free agency. He had two seasons of 13+ sacks for the Pack and I think he played in at least one Pro Bowl during that time.

Of course, I recognize that Clemons was no bust either ... he developed into an average starter for the 'queens, which is better than being a total bust but probably a disappointment for being a first round pick.

Yea, Bennett...I blew that he was pretty good. Michels was kind of a blown pick. Man, it's funny when you look back at all the first round picks almost any team had, it seems like almost every other one was either a marginal player or just average.

CaliforniaCheez
03-17-2007, 07:57 AM
All franchises make bad draft picks.

Why bring up the long list of them like Dimitrius Underwood.

It serves no purpose except humor.

the_idle_threat
03-17-2007, 08:17 AM
Since the trade, Moss has cemented his reputation as an overrated, annoying star. He has dropped about as many passes as Williamson and hasn't made many more big plays.

Whoa nelly! Let's not get carried away! Moss hasn't been the same ol' Moss, but he still blows Williamson away in every playmaking category "since the trade."

In the past 2 seasons, Moss had 102 catches for 1558 yards and 11 touchdowns. He had 21 plays of 20+ yards, including 5 plays of 40+ yards, and 75 first downs.

In that period, Williamson had 61 catches for 827 yards and 2 touchdowns, with 12 plays of 20+, including 3 plays of 40+, and 40 first downs.

Even though Moss has produced at roughly half the rate he did in his prime, he has still been twice the player Willaimson has been. When Williamson went deep and got open in the Viking-Packer game this past December, and Jackson's pass bounced off his friggin head, I was very happy that it wasn't Moss running that pattern instead.

the_idle_threat
03-17-2007, 08:20 AM
All franchises make bad draft picks.

Why bring up the long list of them like Dimitrius Underwood.

It serves no purpose except humor.

Humor is good. :D

MJZiggy
03-17-2007, 08:34 AM
Around here this week, I think it's kinda mandatory...

Scott Campbell
03-17-2007, 09:29 AM

Let him trump this:

http://images.packers.com/images/wallpaper/dt031118_1_800.jpg

GBRulz
03-17-2007, 09:33 AM
or this......

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/VikingsRings.jpg

Scott Campbell
03-17-2007, 09:35 AM
or this......

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/VikingsRings.jpg

ROFL

I thought those were ours at first.

MJZiggy
03-17-2007, 09:37 AM
Nice piece of art, Scott. Where did you find it?

GBRulz
03-17-2007, 09:41 AM
Zig, check out packers.com - they added alot of new wallpaper towards the end of last season. Def worth checking out

packinpatland
03-17-2007, 09:53 AM
Zig, check out packers.com - they added alot of new wallpaper towards the end of last season. Def worth checking out

It's hard to see all those Ahman Green ones :(

the_idle_threat
03-17-2007, 10:48 AM

John Michels may be a trump card, but Dimitrius Underwood outtrumps anybody. Might be the worst 1st round pick of all time.

GBRulz
03-17-2007, 11:01 AM

It's hard to see all those Ahman Green ones :(

Don't get me started on that subject !!!!! :x

Scott Campbell
03-17-2007, 11:01 AM
Nice piece of art, Scott. Where did you find it?

I just did a Google image search on Packer Lombardi trophies. I've seen it in different resolutions at Packers.com in the wallpaper section too.

Patler
03-17-2007, 11:06 AM
S.I. or Sporting News did a projected All-Pro team when Mandarich was a senior in college. It was projecting who would be All-Pros five years in the future. Mandarich was the only still-in-college player selected. They predicted he would be an All-Pro tackle for 10 years. I remember the article said that you draft him, put him at tackle, and don't even concern yourself with the position for the next 10-12 years, just worry about the other 21 starters.

I also remember a quote from a GM when the Packers released Mandarich. The guy said that truth-be-told almost every GM would have drafted him if the had the chance, except for the 2 or 3 that had young elite left tackles already. He said Mandarich was as "sure to succeed" of a player as he had ever evaluated.

Just goes to show how inexact player evaluations are.

Scott Campbell
03-17-2007, 11:42 AM

I think it also shows how roids throw off any ability to accurately evaluate players.

Patler
03-17-2007, 11:47 AM

I think it also shows how roids throw off any ability to accurately evaluate players.

Well he wasn't the only one on them, if in fact he was.

Bretsky
03-17-2007, 12:33 PM

Badger basher :wink:

He's still a backup RB at KC

esoxx
03-17-2007, 12:36 PM

Well he wasn't the only one on them, if in fact he was.

The problem with Mandarich is I suspect he STOPPED taking them when he got the NFL. I recall some articles about how he had dropped some weight and wasn't nearly as intense (roid rage) as he was at MSU. It's a shame.

esoxx
03-17-2007, 12:37 PM

Badger basher :wink:

Sorry, once he puts that horn on the side of his head he's fair game. :)

Bretsky
03-17-2007, 12:37 PM
S.I. or Sporting News did a projected All-Pro team when Mandarich was a senior in college. It was projecting who would be All-Pros five years in the future. Mandarich was the only still-in-college player selected. They predicted he would be an All-Pro tackle for 10 years. I remember the article said that you draft him, put him at tackle, and don't even concern yourself with the position for the next 10-12 years, just worry about the other 21 starters.

I also remember a quote from a GM when the Packers released Mandarich. The guy said that truth-be-told almost every GM would have drafted him if the had the chance, except for the 2 or 3 that had young elite left tackles already. He said Mandarich was as "sure to succeed" of a player as he had ever evaluated.

I find that curious and am a bit surprised by that....although I do remember GM's commenting later how they'd take him.

I felt Mandarich was by no means a slam dunk with the quality of talent at the high end of the round that year.

After Mandarich came three Hall of Famers.......one at RB which many teams consider more important than OT.

And I'd confess that I wanted Derrick Thomas (not Barry Sanders).

And Neon Deon Sanders was a pretty good #5 as well.

Ugly stat; of the first five picks that year 4 will be Hall of Famers; we got Mandarich :x

Chevelle2
03-17-2007, 12:46 PM
for some morbid reason, i find busted draft picks fascinated lol....was every packer fan pumped when Mandarich was picked?

Bretsky
03-17-2007, 12:49 PM
for some morbid reason, i find busted draft picks fascinated lol....was every packer fan pumped when Mandarich was picked?

I hated the pick, but I never like first round draft picks made by Green Bay for the most part. I've watched about the last 25 drafts and the only first round draft pick I was truly on board with was A.J. Hawk.

That year my order of drafting preference was

1. Troy Aikman
2. Derrick Thomas
3. Barry Sanders
4. Tony Mandarich
5. Deon Sanders

esoxx
03-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Vinnie Clark was a truly horrible first round Packer pick.

esoxx
03-17-2007, 12:55 PM
I wanted Sanders in '89. However, it is true that everyone thought Mandarich was a lock for greatness at LT.

swede
03-17-2007, 02:17 PM
I think Mandarich had dominated, and I mean DOMINATED, opposing football players for so long, and he had immersed himself in an over-the-top new kind of football player image (Guns n Roses bad boy style) that when the reality of NFL football hit him in the face and he found he wasn't special at all he crumbled on the inside while outwardly denying the reality of his nothingspecialness.

How humiliating to find that you are only an average guy when a substantial pile of credible evidence indicated you would be the best ever.

Later, after he grew up and got a second chance at professional football, he became a pretty respectable lineman when the new expectations were that he was a total bust that could never play.

Jimx29
03-17-2007, 04:35 PM
http://i18.tinypic.com/2psrnmh.jpg

Patler
03-17-2007, 05:35 PM
I would like to know if the people who did those rankings realize that Mandarich actually played 6 seasons and 86 games, starting most of them. The unusual thing was he played 3 years in GB, then was out with a parasitic infection and complications from it and a concussion for 5 seasons, then returned at age 30 to play and mostly start 3 seasons for Indy. He then had another injury that ended his career.

At one time he actually played OK for the Packers, I think it was his second season. Then he got his first concussion and the parasitic blood disorder his third season.

Maybe he didn't live up to expectations, but he did have a pro career, unlike Phillips (35 games), Bosworth (24 games) and several of the others.