PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Z of Sports Illustrated is a big, fat stupid-head

K-town
03-16-2007, 12:40 PM
Another Packers fan, Erick of Cable, Wisc., hasn't seen much free-agent activity since Ron Wolf left. Well, let's look. As of March 16, their only signing was cornerback Frank Walker. Last year their biggest signing was Charles Woodson. Not great but a lot better than what they had. Patriots reject Adrian Klemm was their most important of two free-agent signings in '05, supposedly to bolster a deteriorating offensive line that had lost both guards. He lasted one year as a part-time starter.

In '03 and '04 they brought in six nondescript free agents, with Mark Roman making the major contribution as a two-year starter at strong safety. None of them are still with the team. Joe Johnson and Ki-Jana Carter, both busts, were their free agent signings in '02, the year after Wolf left, but they traded two fourth-round drafts to New England for wideout Terry Glenn. He lasted a year, finishing third among Packers receivers with 56 catches.

This isn't a good record in five-plus seasons. It isn't a mediocre record. IT'S DOWNRIGHT AWFUL! Bring back Ron Wolf!

Mein Gott, this a$$hat has surpassed his own level of idiocy. He makes no mention of Ryan Pickett, doesn't acknowledge Marquand Manuel (who was the second biggest FA pick-up of '06, albeit not a good one), and ignores signing of our own free agents.
And if he wants to bring up Ki-Jana Carter, he should have brought up Akili Smith and Tim Couch. Low cost, no-risk FAs brought in for a camp try-out, nothing more. Just like Ki-Jana. Of course, that would require the lazy ba$tard to do research, something he's apparently incapable of.
Perhaps he should spend some time extolling the virtues of teams that ARE active in free agency. Let's see, Minnesota, Washington and Miami have won, what, a majority of the Super Bowls since the start of free agency, right?
Someone should tell this doddering oaf to pack it in before he embarasses himself any further. So he can devote all his time to boring the crap out of people with obscure wine references and the joys of South African rugby.
And of course, the Flaming Redhead.
Does anyone out there think that good ol' Dr Z. is a bitter, lonely bachelor, and that the Flaming Redhead is a figment of his wretched, fevered imagination? Or is that just me?

LL2
03-16-2007, 12:43 PM
I just read this too before coming here. It was the stupidest thing I have read. He equates the lack of FA signing as a failure. As far as Moss goes, he never had a decent QB to play with. If Favre and Moss respect each other, it could be the best thing for both of their careers.

PlantPage55
03-16-2007, 01:38 PM
Dr. Z is a RABID anti-Packer-ite.

I don't know why they get his ass so chapped, but they do.
Anyway, he's an asshole and no attention should be paid to him. I can't believe he gets away with the Pack and Favre bashing year in and year out.

Last year he said he wasn't sure if Brett was a 1st Ballot HoF'er!!!! That's how you KNOW he hates the Pack. Because only a deeply jealous and spiteful idiot would say something so fucking stupid[/quote]

packinpatland
03-16-2007, 02:42 PM
All this coming from a 'sports analyst' who devoted one of his more recent columns on rating sportscasters!

'Z' is an ass. He's not fond of the Packers and has proven his dislike many times over the years, and it sure comes out in his writing.

And to think he gets paid for this!

packinpatland
03-16-2007, 02:44 PM
Dr. Z is a RABID anti-Packer-ite.

I don't know why they get his ass so chapped, but they do.
Anyway, he's an asshole and no attention should be paid to him. I can't believe he gets away with the Pack and Favre bashing year in and year out.

Last year he said he wasn't sure if Brett was a 1st Ballot HoF'er!!!! That's how you KNOW he hates the Pack. Because only a deeply jealous and spiteful idiot would say something so fucking stupid[/quote]

You said it so much more eloquently!!!

Merlin
03-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Dr Z is a poop head, always has been. His analogies are tantamount to Les Steckel being hired as a head coach.

gbgary
03-16-2007, 08:36 PM
i don't care for the good doctor much myself but i can't argue with much of what he had to say.