PDA

View Full Version : Packers lose bid for free agent

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-17-2007, 10:58 PM
SATURDAY, March 17, 2007, 4:16 p.m.

Packers lose bid for free agent

Defensive lineman Jimmy Wilkerson opted to remain with his current team, Kansas City, his agent disclosed on Saturday.

The Green Bay Packers were negotiating Friday with Wilkerson's agent, Joby Branion, but ultimately Wilkerson wanted to remain with the Chiefs and agreed to a one year deal.

"I think there was just a comfort level with the team that he was with," Branion said. "He's good with everybody there. There's nothing he doesn't like about Kansas City."

Wilkerson, 6 foot 3 and 292 pounds, has been a versatile reserve for the Chiefs for four years, playing both end and tackle. Wilkerson started just three of 56 games. He has 86 tackles, one-half sack and 34 quarterback pressures, including 25 in 2005. The Chiefs have also recently signed free agent tackle Alfonso Boone, who had spent six years with Chicago, and re-signed Ron Edwards.

The Packers have acquired one player in the free agency period, cornerback Frank Walker.

Jimx29
03-17-2007, 11:10 PM
"I think there was just a comfort level with the team that he was with," Branion said. "He's good with everybody there. There's nothing he doesn't like about Kansas City."

Translation: TT lo-balled him as per usual :roll:

LEWCWA
03-18-2007, 01:22 AM
he should have put a big package together right?

LEWCWA
03-18-2007, 01:25 AM
Some of you remind me of my wife. She has 37 pairs of shoes, but buys another why? Cause she has money in her pocket! Who on god's green earth needs 38 pairs of shoes?

Bretsky
03-18-2007, 07:40 AM
Some of you remind me of my wife. She has 37 pairs of shoes, but buys another why? Cause she has money in her pocket! Who on god's green earth needs 38 pairs of shoes?

At RB and WR and S and TE your wife has inadequate shoes. Do you look to upgrade or make her work with the worn out stuff :wink: :lol:

gbpackfan
03-18-2007, 07:47 AM
This guy is a NFL nobody. I could care less.

the_idle_threat
03-18-2007, 07:48 AM

At RB and WR and S and TE your wife has inadequate shoes. Do you look to upgrade or make her work with the worn out stuff :wink: :lol:

Bretsky = Al Bundy? :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

MJZiggy
03-18-2007, 07:54 AM

There's no such thing as too many shoes. You can't wear clunky boots with a strappy dress unless you're 15 and it's in fashion. The shoes have to fit the system. (besides, crazy man, she's buying them to try and look good for YOU.)

Patler
03-18-2007, 07:56 AM

She doesn't need the RB, WR, S and TE shoes until September. New styles will be available from now until then, with a big release of new styles in late April and possible releases of one or two other new styles in early summer. Should she buy all her shoes now, or wait for the new styles to come out and/or sales on the currently available styles for some of the shoes she needs?

Scott Campbell
03-18-2007, 08:30 AM

I tried installing an NFL style "salary cap" at my house. It didn't go over too well and I was fined for "tampering". I had to sit out a few games, but I learned my lesson.

GBRulz
03-18-2007, 09:08 AM

38 pairs of shoes really isn't that much. That is something that men cannot understand, so don't even try :lol:

Brando19
03-18-2007, 09:20 AM
How in the hell did we end up talking about shoes? LOL!!! :lol:

Spaulding
03-18-2007, 10:33 AM
If the shoe fits ... :mrgreen:

Bretsky
03-18-2007, 11:46 AM

She doesn't need the RB, WR, S and TE shoes until September. New styles will be available from now until then, with a big release of new styles in late April and possible releases of one or two other new styles in early summer. Should she buy all her shoes now, or wait for the new styles to come out and/or sales on the currently available styles for some of the shoes she needs?

But SOME new shoes now so she doesn't have to buy too many pairs later.
Or better yet, buy some shoes before April and then when April comes you only have to replace that style pair if something comes up that is too good to be true.

Sales will come; they'll be held on inventory hardly anybody else wants. :wink:

Bretsky
03-18-2007, 11:47 AM

There's no such thing as too many shoes. You can't wear clunky boots with a strappy dress unless you're 15 and it's in fashion. The shoes have to fit the system. (besides, crazy man, she's buying them to try and look good for YOU.)

Woman should go barefoot; it'd save guys a lot more money

Bretsky
03-18-2007, 11:47 AM

38 pairs of shoes really isn't that much. That is something that men cannot understand, so don't even try :lol:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bang: :bang: :bang:

MJZiggy
03-18-2007, 11:48 AM
No shoes = no stiletto heels...

Bretsky
03-18-2007, 11:58 AM
How in the hell did we end up talking about shoes? LOL!!! :lol:

We've given up on discussing TT's winning free agency signings so we're on a crusade to improve the bankruptcy rate among married couples.

So we've started on the most prudent change; cutting the dam shoes out :lol:

Jimx29
03-18-2007, 02:29 PM
No shoes = no stiletto heels...Settle down boys. This girl knows of what shes speak :hrt:

BooHoo
03-18-2007, 04:16 PM

I tried installing an NFL style "salary cap" at my house. It didn't go over too well and I was fined for "tampering". I had to sit out a few games, but I learned my lesson.

This is funny stuff!

Bretsky
03-18-2007, 07:42 PM

I've ran this by my wife and she thinks were all idiots and the solution is simple

But shoes now, in April, and all the way to September.

Load up the shoes, and then get rid of the bad ones.

TT WILL NEVER subscribe to her shoe theory.

Patler
03-18-2007, 09:40 PM

I've ran this by my wife and she thinks were all idiots and the solution is simple

Is there no CAP on her shoe budget?

Bretsky
03-18-2007, 09:59 PM

Is there no CAP on her shoe budget?

Unfortunately there is plastic :lol: