PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Pittman

Joemailman
03-18-2007, 07:52 AM
I've heard some posters on here putting down Pittman. The profile that the Sporting News does on him makes him sound like a pretty good fit for the Packers offense. He might be available when the Packers pick in the 2nd round. I'm wondering what the knock against him is.

Antonio Pittman
RB, Ohio State

War Room analysis
Inside running: Has deceptive strength to absorb hard hits and keep on going. Shows agility and balance to run though arm tackles, and gains good yardage after contact. Is surprisingly productive between the tackles. Grade: 8.0

Outside running: Shows a deceptive burst to reach the corner and bounce runs outside. Is patient; follows blockers well and makes quick, sharp cuts on the edge. Runs through tackles with the quickness to elude would-be tacklers. Grade: 8.0

Blocking: Gives a solid effort, but shows raw technique. Struggles to eliminate his man. Is strong, but must bend knees and execute better to improve in pass protection. Grade: 5.5

Hands/routes: Shows good hands, and is dangerous after the catch, using quickness, instincts, speed and strength. Must improve route-running skills; has been used more as a safety valve than as a downfield receiver. Grade: 7.0

Durability: Despite lacking ideal bulk/size, plays tougher and stronger than expected. Runs hard on every snap, and is durable. Likely will add weight to become even stronger and more durable. Grade: 7.5

Bottom line: Pittman has rare athleticism and underrated toughness, but his thin frame might cause him to slip from where he should be drafted, somewhere between late Round 1 and early Round 2. Once he bulks up and improves as a pass blocker, he projects as fine all-around back.

Career statistics

Rushing Receiving
Team Att. Yds. Avg. TD Att./TD Rec. Yds. Avg. TD
'04 Ohio St. 72 403 5.6 1 72.0 6 26 4.3 0
'05 Ohio St. 243 1360 5.6 7 34.7 17 161 9.5 0
'06 Ohio St. 242 1275 5.3 14 17.3 14 127 9.1 0
Totals

KYPack
03-18-2007, 09:55 AM
He's a possibility. He looks slender, but is 5'11" 207 - 210.

Fast and returns kicks in addition to being a crafty, quick runner.

We probably need a 150 200 carry guy & I don't know if that's Pittman, but he might be the most talented kid on the board when we pick.

BallHawk
03-18-2007, 10:10 AM
I'd be quite happy if we picked him up.

Harv is a Buckeye fan so I think he could give us some pretty good input on him.

[That's you're cue] :D

HarveyWallbangers
03-18-2007, 10:49 AM
He was productive, but I thought he was a product of the people around him. However, after he ran a 4.40 40 I had to rethink a little bit. I didn't think he was anywhere near that fast. I've always like their WR Anthony Gonzalez.

Bretsky
03-18-2007, 11:51 AM
He was productive, but I thought he was a product of the people around him. However, after he ran a 4.40 40 I had to rethink a little bit. I didn't think he was anywhere near that fast. I've always like their WR Anthony Gonzalez.

So start pounding some tables for your Buckeye clones

Who do and don't you want.

Yes or No to Pittman ???

Yes or No to Ginn ???

Yes or no to Gonzalez ???

And what round would we need to grab these guys in ??

I kind of get to take the year off with the Badgers. Sure I'd grab Stocco in the 6th, and Thomas is hands down a top 10 player, but there are not a lot of others worth drafting.

Cheers,
B

BallHawk
03-18-2007, 11:53 AM
And for the hell of it...

Yes or No to Smith?

Bretsky
03-18-2007, 11:55 AM
And for the hell of it...

Yes or No to Smith?

Crap, I forgot about Him.

For a fun poll, we should vote on Troy Smith or Jon Stocco .. :lol:

BallHawk
03-18-2007, 11:57 AM

I wonder what Partial would say.... :wink: :D

Bretsky
03-18-2007, 11:59 AM

I wonder what Partial would say.... :wink: :D

I think people might be surprised as to how that poll turned out. I'm not convinced Smith is going to be a pro; Stocco might make a nice backup.

SD GB fan
03-18-2007, 12:01 PM
i wudnt mind getting pittman in the 2nd. he seems to make quick and decisive cuts. yeah the one thing was his size because some listed him as 195, but hopefully he will bulk up.

Chubbyhubby
03-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Should be n interesting draft this year. I like Pittman should fit well in our system.

HarveyWallbangers
03-18-2007, 06:00 PM
Pittman? Early 3rd round, but we are desperate
Ginn? Late 1st round
Gonzalez? 2nd round
Smith? 4th round
Pitcock? Late 2nd round. I kind of like him.

HarveyWallbangers
03-18-2007, 06:13 PM
After Peterson and Lynch, I'm intrigued the most by Brandon Jackson. Pittman would probably come in 4th. I have concerns about the other top RBs--whether it's their speed, size, or ability to fit the one-cut scheme.

Bretsky
03-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Pittman? Early 3rd round, but we are desperate
Ginn? Late 1st round
Gonzalez? 2nd round
Smith? 4th round
Pitcock? Late 2nd round. I kind of like him.

Gonzalez or Pittman ??

Who do you tell TT to take ?

And who is Pitcock ?

Partial
03-18-2007, 07:47 PM
he's a DT. He's got a motor but isn't blessed with great physical size.

HarveyWallbangers
03-18-2007, 09:05 PM

He's not small though. He's bigger than that 19-year-old everybody raves about.

Partial
03-18-2007, 09:52 PM

He's not small though. He's bigger than that 19-year-old everybody raves about.

The 19 year old is quick as a cat though, and a workaholic.

CaliforniaCheez
03-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Pittman appears to average around #80 to #85 on Mock draft boards.

He should go near the current Packer third round pick of #78.