PDA

View Full Version : Good Read on the Rodgers - Moss deal...

packers11
03-18-2007, 12:47 PM
POSTED 1:27 p.m. EDT; UPDATED 1:42 p.m. EDT, March 18, 2007

THOMPSON CONTINUES TO BLOW SMOKE

Packers G.M. Ted Thompson claims that backup quarterback Aaron Rodgers has not been offered to the Oakland Raiders for receiver Randy Moss, and that the possibility of such a deal has never come up.

"It's never been discussed inside the building or outside the building," Thompson told the Green Bay Press-Gazette.

It's a bunch of crap, in our opinion. We're heard from too many people that Rodgers was included in trade talks. Mike Felger of the Boston Herald reported on Thursday that a deal involving the two players was imminent. Even though the trade has yet to go down, the notion that Felger's report was so far off base that the possibility of trading Rodgers has never even been discussed is ludicrous.

As we've been told, quarterback Brett Favre is pushing hard for the Packers to get Moss. As of Wednesday, we heard that trade talks involving Rodgers hit a snag. So if a Moss-for-Rodgers deal has fallen through, it doesn't mean that the Packers won't thereafter put together another package for Moss.

Indeed, while Thompson claims that Rodgers won't be dealt, Thompson has to date not said that acquiring Moss is out of the question. And even though several readers have suggested that Thompson is merely steering clear of the league's anti-tampering rules, there's no prohibition on Thompson saying something like, "We are pleased with the group of receivers that we currently have on the roster. Although we won't rule out adding any receivers through the draft, we will not be attempting to acquire any veteran receivers via free agency or trade."

And if the Packers tried to send Rodgers to the Raiders and if the deal fell through, the last thing that Thompson should do is acknowledge this development. To do so would be the equivalent of announcing to the world that the Packers think they blew it when they drafted Rodgers with the 24th overall pick in 2005.

Bottom line -- we don't believe anything Thompson has to say on the matter. That's not a specific knock on the Packers G.M. They all lie at this time of the year.

packers11
03-18-2007, 12:48 PM
I am a pro moss person, and I know I might just want to think this way but look...

Suppose T.T. did offer Rodgers, and the Raiders said No??? Would he want Rodgers and the rest of the GB community to know??? I DONT THINK SO...

HarveyWallbangers
03-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Source? This isn't Pro Football Talk again, is it?

packers11
03-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Source? This isn't Pro Football Talk again, is it?

indeed :lol:

packinpatland
03-18-2007, 01:12 PM
I just read this same article on MSNBC NFL Sports.

Chevelle2
03-18-2007, 01:12 PM
its also on packersnews.com

gureski
03-18-2007, 01:25 PM
This is so stupid. They have nothing concrete but they just KNOW. They're just smarter then everyone else. I think I found what Dan Rather is doing in retirement. He's a sports consultant to PFW.

Rastak
03-18-2007, 01:49 PM
I am a pro moss person,

You are! What was your favorite Randy moment so far? I really liked that hook and lateral for TD when he was with the Vikes, unreal play......it really sucks he's declined so much, but at least you and I had the chance to see him in his prime, eh? You got a Vike Moss jersey or a Raider one?

:wink:

:lol: :lol:

packers11
03-18-2007, 01:51 PM
I am a pro moss person,

You are! What was your favorite Randy moment so far? I really liked that hook and lateral for TD when he was with the Vikes, unreal play......it really sucks he's declined so much, but at least you and I had the chance to see him in his prime, eh? You got a Vike Moss jersey or a Raider one?

neither... I think hes the best at his position but when he was against the packers, he was satan himself... Hes 30, not old, I think he could return back to the "old randy" ... Time will only tell...

I love the lateral play too, but I also like the one against the patriots when he was a raider and he burned Harrison... ( I HATE THE PATS)...

Rastak
03-18-2007, 02:09 PM
I am a pro moss person,

neither... I think hes the best at his position but when he was against the packers, he was satan himself... Hes 30, not old, I think he could return back to the "old randy" ... Time will only tell...

I love the lateral play too, but I also like the one against the patriots when he was a raider and he burned Harrison... ( I HATE THE PATS)...

I was just messin with ya.....I think his best days are long behind him but he'd definately improve the Packers on pure talent....and he's fun to watch.

GBRulz
03-18-2007, 03:47 PM
it really sucks he's declined so much,

Don't you think a Queens fan wouldn't think it sucked that "he's declined so much". Come over to the other side already !!! :lol:

Rastak
03-18-2007, 03:56 PM

Don't you think a Queens fan wouldn't think it sucked that "he's declined so much". Come over to the other side already !!! :lol:

Gotta quote the whole thing GB :) ......actually, I don't care that much that's he's declined. The truth of the matter is I had NFL Sunday ticket when he got traded and tried to catch some Raiders games but in the end, he didn't really do much.

packers11
03-18-2007, 04:25 PM

Gotta quote the whole thing GB :) ......actually, I don't care that much that's he's declined. The truth of the matter is I had NFL Sunday ticket when he got traded and tried to catch some Raiders games but in the end, he didn't really do much.

Who would with nonamers at quarterback getting sacked 80 times with no running support???

Rastak
03-18-2007, 04:31 PM

Who would with nonamers at quarterback getting sacked 80 times with no running support???

True, but he was hurt again also. The dude is pretty fragile. He got hurt day one with the Vikings actually. I'll be 100% honest, I really enjoyed watching the guy do amazing things. When walked off the field in Washington he lost me though. Would I welcome him back to the Vikings? Yea, probably but with a big wary eye...and a way out of his contract. I can see where you guys are coming from though.....again, you will enjoy watching the guy. Just be ready when his idea of things doesn't match yours or the Packers....gotta take the good with the bad.

CaliforniaCheez
03-18-2007, 05:10 PM
POSTED 1:27 p.m. EDT; UPDATED 1:42 p.m. EDT, March 18, 2007

THOMPSON CONTINUES TO BLOW SMOKE

Packers G.M. Ted Thompson claims that backup quarterback Aaron Rodgers has not been offered to the Oakland Raiders for receiver Randy Moss, and that the possibility of such a deal has never come up.

"It's never been discussed inside the building or outside the building," Thompson told the Green Bay Press-Gazette.

Mike Felger of the Boston Herald reported on Thursday that a deal involving the two players was imminent. [That was a single source report]

[Obviously the person writing this belives Mike Felger in Boston is more credible on Packer issues than Ted Thompson]

though several readers have suggested that Thompson is merely steering clear of the league's anti-tampering rules, there's no prohibition on Thompson saying something like, "We are pleased with the group of receivers that we currently have on the roster. Although we won't rule out adding any receivers through the draft, we will not be attempting to acquire any veteran receivers via free agency or trade."

[He can never say something like that during free agency in general terms. They could add a veteran receiver. Ted is always willing to add talent.]

Bottom line -- we don't believe anything Thompson has to say on the matter. That's not a specific knock on the Packers G.M. They all lie at this time of the year.

They sure haven't named their "source." Gossip is not evidence!
They call Ted Thompson a liar without evidence of any lie.

GBRulz
03-18-2007, 06:33 PM

hmmm, well....I'm not giving up hope for you , closet rat !!! :lol: and I don't mean Davenpoop type of closet !