PDA

View Full Version : This is my 666th post! Am I...

oregonpackfan
03-18-2007, 04:25 PM
Am I flirting with Satan or are you PackerRats willing to rescue my wretched soul?! :)

esoxx
03-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Step away from the computer very slowly.

MJZiggy
03-18-2007, 04:32 PM
You're fine. Just add a word to the one word story and you're good.

I don't think your wretched soul has any worries... :P

oregonpackfan
03-18-2007, 04:56 PM
[quote="MJZiggy"]You're fine. Just add a word to the one word story and you're good.

I followed your therapeutic advice, MJZiggy! :)

falco
03-18-2007, 05:05 PM
Hey OPF, we are spending a week in Oregon this summer. Actually taking two weeks driving from San Diego to Seattle. Any recommendations for must see sights?

Fosco33
03-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Hey OPF, we are spending a week in Oregon this summer. Actually taking two weeks driving from San Diego to Seattle. Any recommendations for must see sights?

My company is based in Lake Oswego. The Oregon coast is really beautiful - Tillamook for cheese comparison; Astoria; Mt. St Helen's (close) and Mt. Hood are must see IMO.

falco
03-18-2007, 05:11 PM

My company is based in Lake Oswego. The Oregon coast is really beautiful - Tillamook for cheese comparison; Astoria; Mt. St Helen's (close) and Mt. Hood are must see IMO.

Thanks Fosco. The plan right now is heading from the California border to see Oregon Caves Natl Monument and heading over to Crater Lake. From there, back to the coast and up to Portland, seeing all the sights (Cannon Beach, the sea lion caves, Oregon dunes, etc). Spending a day or so in Portland and heading through Mt Hood and the Columbia River gorge, just taking in the sights. The plan is then to head up by Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Rainier Natl Park before hitting Seattle and flying home.

Thanks for the advice.

falco
03-18-2007, 05:12 PM
As a side note, we are planning on moving out to the West coast in the next 2 years so part of this trip is getting an idea of the countryside and what regions we enjoy the most. I've heard so many great things about Oregon, hoping they all hold true.

Joemailman
03-18-2007, 05:25 PM
Need a new avatar?

http://theclayshow.typepad.com/my_weblog/images/satan.jpg

HarveyWallbangers
03-18-2007, 05:32 PM
About 9 years ago, I took a trip to the West for a month in my Jeep Wrangler. The company I worked for relocated (out of work) and my girlfriend had just dumped me (only time I got dumped in my life). I spent about a week on the Oregon Coast, a week on the California Coast, a week in Seattle/Vancouver, BC, and a week near Glacier National Park in Montana. I've visited over 40 states, but that was the best trip of my life (well, next to my honeymoon in Charleston, SC), and I was by myself.
:D

The Oregon Coast was great.

oregonpackfan
03-18-2007, 07:43 PM

Thanks Fosco. The plan right now is heading from the California border to see Oregon Caves Natl Monument and heading over to Crater Lake. From there, back to the coast and up to Portland, seeing all the sights (Cannon Beach, the sea lion caves, Oregon dunes, etc). Spending a day or so in Portland and heading through Mt Hood and the Columbia River gorge, just taking in the sights. The plan is then to head up by Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Rainier Natl Park before hitting Seattle and flying home.

All the sites listed above I recommend.

While you are on the northern Oregon coast, be sure to stop by Astoria. It has many historical aspects, particularly the Lewis and Clark Fort Clatsop. That is where the Lewis and Clark expedition stayed for 1 rainy winter.

Portland is a very attractive city if you like urban communities.

If you travel the Willamette Valley(between Portland and Eugene) you might wish to tour a couple of wineries. I am not a wine connesiur(sp?) but many wine enthusiasts rave about Oregon wines.

Hood River on the Columbia Gorge is a must see for wind surfing and kite sailing. You can even rent a board and pay for lessons.

Central Oregon around the Bend/Sisters area is also very pretty. You can rent a raft to float down the Deschutes River.

I hope that gives you a few more areas to consider.

OPF

Thanks for the advice.

falco
03-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone! I'll let you know how I enjoy it when I get back! (still not leaving for 2 months :(

Kiwon
03-18-2007, 08:56 PM
You're safe, OPF. Everyone knows who 666 was: R-O-N-A-L-D W-I-L-S-O-N R-E-A-G-A-N.

The Leftist hysteria from the '80's had the world being destroyed in a nuclear conflict with Russia. Now the children of the above has latched onto Global Warming as the sure-fire doom of mankind.

It's too late for us according to the experts but somehow we've got to get a message to the Martians to stop driving their cars and halt the current melting of the polar caps on Mars.

Man, we've screwed up the Earth and now Mars is going to pot. I'm going to have to buy some carbon offsets to make myself feel better. :cry:

swede
03-18-2007, 10:19 PM
Kiwon,

Bring me back a jar of Kim Chee when you come back stateside.

ahaha
03-19-2007, 10:45 AM
You're safe, OPF. Everyone knows who 666 was: R-O-N-A-L-D W-I-L-S-O-N R-E-A-G-A-N.

The Leftist hysteria from the '80's had the world being destroyed in a nuclear conflict with Russia. Now the children of the above has latched onto Global Warming as the sure-fire doom of mankind.

It's too late for us according to the experts but somehow we've got to get a message to the Martians to stop driving their cars and halt the current melting of the polar caps on Mars.

Man, we've screwed up the Earth and now Mars is going to pot. I'm going to have to buy some carbon offsets to make myself feel better. :cry:

Many scholars believe 666 is Nero. I can't remember how they did it, but I saw a documentary where they used a similar numeric system to equate it with Nero's name. Revelations was written during his time, and he was a notorious persecutor of Christians and a complete madman.

MadtownPacker
03-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Go back and delete old post so you can stay at 666 after making a new post.

oregonpackfan
03-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Madtown, you are one resourceful guy! :)

Freak Out
03-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Speaking of 666....my Backwardsbush keychain clock tells me the fuckers only going to be in office another 666 days 5 hours 56 mins and 40 seconds.....give or take.

Joemailman
03-25-2007, 11:26 PM
Speaking of 666....my Backwardsbush keychain clock tells me the fuckers only going to be in office another 666 days 5 hours 56 mins and 40 seconds.....give or take.

Speaking of the witless wonder...thought you might appreciate this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWhy-hhoBkA

red
03-25-2007, 11:45 PM

here, play with this

http://www.planetdan.net/pics/misc/georgie.htm

Kiwon
03-26-2007, 12:07 AM
"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president." - Theodore Roosevelt

Interesting misquote of what Roosevelt said, Joe.

Here's the real quote: "Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country.
— Theodore Roosevelt

So far as pictures go, I prefer this one.

http://www.beckalexander.de/Bilder/Lustige%20Bilder/priceless.jpg