PDA

View Full Version : Dateline NBC

LL2
03-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Did anyone else catch Dateline NBC last night at 6pm? They devoted the entire show to how men are addicted to football. The husbands wives let NBC place hidden cameras and mics to watch them during a game. Then they gave the wives a handful of task to see if they could get their husbands away from the game, such as “Honey, can you go check on the kids?” Most of the men did maybe 1 out of the 5 request. It was quite funny. They did a couple Vikings fans and a Packer fan. They even show the Viking fan playing with his wife’s boobs when she sat by him briefly. Now, I would admit. I’m close to what they portrayed. When a Packer game is on I do not like to leave the game. Thanks God for DVR’s.

MJZiggy
03-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Ummm....

Jimx29
03-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Ummm....you were one of the pack fans, eh? :)

Weren't you embarrassed to have your hubby give ya a honk on national tv? :lol:

CaliforniaCheez
03-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Minor household tasks can wait until after the game.

168 hours in a week 52 weeks a year is 8736 hours.

12 hours of football for 20 weeks is 240 hours.
Women can't leave men alone for the less than 3% of the time they watch football??!!

They spend more than 3% of their time shopping and spending your money.

BTW what kind of a man would call a dateline? Is this the kind of women you want to meet?

MJZiggy
03-19-2007, 03:16 PM
I am not the kind of wife to try and lure anyone away from the TV during a Pack game. It is standard knowledge in my house that NO ONE bothers me during the game unless you are my kid and you want me to talk about the game with you. Not even during commercials.

LL2
03-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Minor household tasks can wait until after the game.

168 hours in a week 52 weeks a year is 8736 hours.

12 hours of football for 20 weeks is 240 hours.
Women can't leave men alone for the less than 3% of the time they watch football??!!

They spend more than 3% of their time shopping and spending your money.

BTW what kind of a man would call a dateline? Is this the kind of women you want to meet?

Very good point.

Partial
03-19-2007, 03:24 PM
You guys watch the game that intently? I rarely just sit and watch the game. I am just about always doing something on the side, such as homework, or posting, or hanging out with peeps.

I will admit I missed more than a game or two last year.

LL2
03-19-2007, 03:53 PM
You guys watch the game that intently? I rarely just sit and watch the game. I am just about always doing something on the side, such as homework, or posting, or hanging out with peeps.

LL2
03-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Oops! Hit submit too early.

What I was going to saw was … If I miss a game it is usually because it’s not on in the Chicagoland area. In that case I usually go to a sport bar.

swede
03-19-2007, 03:57 PM
"They even show the Viking fan playing with his wife’s boobs when she sat by him briefly."

The Vikings fan was still the bigger boob, right?

Boobs are the only company a Viking fan gets.

Vikings play with boobs, why shouldn't the fans?

GBRulz
03-19-2007, 05:52 PM
I am not the kind of wife to try and lure anyone away from the TV during a Pack game. It is standard knowledge in my house that NO ONE bothers me during the game unless you are my kid and you want me to talk about the game with you. Not even during commercials.

Right on! Some of my friends who really aren't big Packer fans would come over and watch the game with me. Well, they'd be talking back and forth about other shit before finally, I said ENOUGH ! There are the die hards like us and those that really don't care if they see the game or not ! and they wonder why I never ask them to go to games with me !!

RashanGary
03-19-2007, 06:03 PM

Me too. EVery commercial I try to get something done and sometimes I miss the first play or two.

packers11
03-19-2007, 06:18 PM
I don't get up unless a touchdown was scored (for a quick bathroom break)...

or at halftime (to get a snack)... other than that I watch all the games with Direct TV and NO ONE... I mean NO ONE better disturb me...

If they ever switched the channel on a 3 and 5 like they did on dateline... I would have flipped out... But hey, thats me :lol:

The_Dude
03-19-2007, 06:34 PM
My wife is a die hard packer fan (not as much as I am of course) so that really helps and she and I do not miss any games. Really lucked out with her, for our wedding gifts I got her a one of the Breast Cancer Pink Packer Hats and she got me a Signed AJ jersey. I think I married the right women. :)

packinpatland
03-19-2007, 06:50 PM

My daughters know better than to call from college during game time!

Partial
03-19-2007, 07:06 PM
I don't get up unless a touchdown was scored (for a quick bathroom break)...

or at halftime (to get a snack)... other than that I watch all the games with Direct TV and NO ONE... I mean NO ONE better disturb me...

If they ever switched the channel on a 3 and 5 like they did on dateline... I would have flipped out... But hey, thats me :lol:

WhY? You'll find the result out in a matter of seconds. Nothing worth getting angry over.

MJZiggy
03-19-2007, 07:10 PM
I don't think that's even the point. The point is that it's respect for what's important to you. Knowing you're a die hard football fan and then trying to mess with you during a game shows that they don't respect what's important to you. Just like if you're a rocket scientist, I don't try and get you to take out the garbage during a launch.

Partial
03-19-2007, 07:14 PM
I don't think that's even the point. The point is that it's respect for what's important to you. Knowing you're a die hard football fan and then trying to mess with you during a game shows that they don't respect what's important to you. Just like if you're a rocket scientist, I don't try and get you to take out the garbage during a launch.

Touche!

packers11
03-19-2007, 07:18 PM
exactly ziggy... also im a little superstitious... If I watch the play, I think (in my mind) I'm giving them an advantage somehow... (I don't know the reasoning... Don't Ask... ) :)

LL2
03-19-2007, 07:47 PM
My wife is a die hard packer fan (not as much as I am of course) so that really helps and she and I do not miss any games. Really lucked out with her, for our wedding gifts I got her a one of the Breast Cancer Pink Packer Hats and she got me a Signed AJ jersey. I think I married the right women. :)

You are a lucky dude!

BooHoo
03-19-2007, 08:09 PM
My lovely wife is not a football fan at all but she shows me respect by not bothering me during Packer games. In turn, I show her respect by not bother her when she is doing stuff she really likes. It works both ways.

BallHawk
03-19-2007, 08:14 PM
My lovely wife is not a football fan at all but she shows me respect by not bothering me during Packer games. In turn, I show her respect by not bother her when she is doing stuff she really likes. It works both ways.

Yeah, that's the same with my Mom. She doesn't disturb my Dad and I during Packer games. It's become an unwritten law to not interrupt her during Lifetime movies. I tell her they all end the same way, but she still watches them devoutly.

Other times, during MNF, for example. We whip up some Apple Martinis. That keeps her quiet for a while. :twisted: :twisted:

MadtownPacker
03-19-2007, 08:33 PM
Hell no I aint having no damn interruptions during the game!!

It is well known that I wont miss one single play. Commercials time is OK though since I usually jump to another game to catch some plays thanks to DTV's Sunday Ticket.

Does anyone know if/when they are gonna reply this Dateline episode?

oregonpackfan
03-19-2007, 08:40 PM

Boohoo,

My wife has also learned to respect or "leave me alone" during Packer games.

She has also come to realize that being a Packer fan is the "Mandatory State Religion of Wisconsin" which still applies if the Wisconsinite moves out of state.

I try not to bother her when she replays "Oprah" that she recorded earlier.

Yes, it does work both ways.

BooHoo
03-19-2007, 09:29 PM

Boohoo,

My wife has also learned to respect or "leave me alone" during Packer games.

She has also come to realize that being a Packer fan is the "Mandatory State Religion of Wisconsin" which still applies if the Wisconsinite moves out of state.

I try not to bother her when she replays "Oprah" that she recorded earlier.

Yes, it does work both ways.

Oregon, you are a smart man!

Guiness
03-20-2007, 09:53 AM
MJZ and CC got it right - there's no reason to bother us during the game. We (the royal We...) should be able to have the time to watch the game. 3h/week (for hopefully 21 weeks!). Certainly life will continue w/o us for that long.

Now, some here know I've a die hard PVR'r - so I CAN pause, rrw, etc during a game, but I prefer to use that to review a play, look for the hold, etc. If something needs to be done, I can pause and leave it, and come back later, but I really don't like to do that. The real key, of course, is to make sure there's nothing critical undone.

If the lawn is a little long, it can bloody well wait. But if you left the car up on the jack with a tire off, and she has to go grocery shopping, maybe you better take care of it?

Scott Campbell
03-20-2007, 10:20 AM
My wife constantly bothers me during the games. You know, the usual crap - brining me beer, sammiches and other assorted munchies.

wist43
03-20-2007, 12:07 PM
We live in this "metrosexual" society in which everything is supposed to be for the "chiren" (as Jesse Jackson would say). 24/7, chiren, family, more chiren, more family... gimme a break.

When I was a kid, I watched every game with my dad... pizza, chips, soda/beer, football - then chores. Football time, was football time, damn it!!!

woodbuck27
03-20-2007, 01:58 PM

Having a wife or girlfriend that's a Packer fan is certainly a wonderful blessing.

I was there once upon a time. It's as good as great sex. Well. . .

it may translate to that.