PDA

View Full Version : It's all clearing up

b bulldog
04-26-2006, 05:36 PM
With the signing of Woodson, the Packers will draft either Davis or fergy with their number one pick and target a LB in round two. I think Ryans, Carpenter or Howard would be the target.

BF4MVP
04-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Ferguson's a great prospect..But I'd take Davis over him in a heartbeat..

Homer Jay
04-26-2006, 06:05 PM
I have to stick with AJ. If he turns out to be as special as many think he can be you have turned your defense into a legitimate championship type defense. Vernon Davis looks tempting but I'd keep upgrading the D.

RashanGary
04-26-2006, 06:10 PM
Ya think Brett knew about Woodson before it happened? I'll bet yeah.

RashanGary
04-26-2006, 06:12 PM
Is Woodson the starting Saftey or CB?

I tend to think Collins moves to CB becasue he's quicker and faster. Woodson can use his savvy and football wisdom to cover the middle of the field.

jack's smirking revenge
04-26-2006, 06:13 PM
ESPN is stating that he's going to be CB.

Tampa Bay had planned to use Woodson at safety had the Bucs landed him. It is believed he will remain at cornerback with the Packers.

Who knows really. I think he'll stay at CB myself.

tyler

BF4MVP
04-26-2006, 06:13 PM
I've heard Woodson doesn't want to play safety...

I think we're better off keeping Collins where he is and letting Woodson play corner

K-town
04-26-2006, 06:23 PM
I agree that the Packers should play him at corner, his preferred position. You don't pay 52 million dollars for a safety, unless his name is Ed Reed.

K-town
04-26-2006, 06:26 PM
When Woodson played at Michigan, didn't they use him occasionally at WR?
Also, didn't he return kicks? If he's not too brittle, I wouldn't mind seeing him on the occasional end-around, flanker screen or kick return reverse.

ND72
04-26-2006, 06:30 PM
AJ Hawk is the pick....you take the top LB and WOW...case closed, top defense in the league.

jack's smirking revenge
04-26-2006, 06:32 PM
Tell you what, I'm A LOT more excited about this team after the last few days. Have a stellar draft, have some of our picks from last year mature (Collins, Hawkins, Underwood, maybe even Poppinga) and this thing has the potential to turn around DRAMATICALLY in one year.

I don't care if we are considered the underdog. It'd be nice to be that team that flies under the radar and is known for its defense as well as possibly Brett's final campaign.

tyler

Scott Campbell
04-26-2006, 06:33 PM
AJ Hawk is the pick....you take the top LB and WOW...case closed, top defense in the league.

Let's not get crazy. Their front 4 isn't that bad, but it'll never be confused with the fearsome foursome either.

RashanGary
04-26-2006, 06:47 PM
Collins

Manuel
Harris Woodson
Barnett
Hawk Taylor

KGB Cole Pickett Kampman

Not top in the league but 3 have probowl potential and none of them are below average. I could see top 5 defense if Hawk was the pick.

b bulldog
04-26-2006, 09:02 PM
Top D in the league, thyey won't even have the top D in the north. The Bears D is way ahead of ours, even if we somehow get Mario.

falco
04-26-2006, 10:20 PM
Top D in the league, thyey won't even have the top D in the north. The Bears D is way ahead of ours, even if we somehow get Mario.

I hate to say this because I feel like SOV but the kool aid is starting to flow freely in here now.

Joemailman
04-26-2006, 10:46 PM

I hate to say this because I feel like SOV but the kool aid is starting to flow freely in here now.

Why not? Sweet Kool-Aid always tastes better than bitter whine. :D

ND72
04-26-2006, 10:50 PM
if we draft hawk, our defense has definate potential to be something special. i won't cry if we draft someoen else, cause the guy is going to be special...but Hawk is the man.

Chubbyhubby
04-26-2006, 11:17 PM
With the signing of Woodson, the Packers will draft either Davis or fergy with their number one pick and target a LB in round two. I think Ryans, Carpenter or Howard would be the target.

I am agreeing with Bulldog here cause we don't have any good recivers besides Driver and Walker is as good as gone. Davis would be a great pick. LB is deep his year and we can get a solid LB with our second a high second to boot. There will be some sold LB's in the second when we are on the clock. Davis has shown to be versitile playing WR and TE in college.

OS PA
04-26-2006, 11:32 PM
We definitely do not have a top defense. Our front four just don't pressure the quarterback enough. If we magically end up with Mario Williams, and he plays like Tarzan, we have potential to break top 5 this year, and the next few.

Even with the Woodson pick-up I do not see us going with an offensive pick in the first. We still have two holes on defense and with Mario or Hawk we can plug one of the holes with a potential pro-bowler.

I've got a major feeling that we make the play-offs this year, and next year if Thompson manages to keep our starters and key back-ups together injury free, plus the return of Brett for one final season, we have Superbowl potential in 2007.

This team really seems like it is two drafts away from being a solid contender, and the good thing about it, other than Harris, Woodson, Driver, and Favre we have a really really young high-potential roster.

RashanGary
04-26-2006, 11:37 PM
I'm sippin that same Kool Aid OS

RashanGary
04-26-2006, 11:38 PM
For a while there we were sipping bitter Kool-Aid. You know, the kind that you forgot to add the sugar.

Bretsky
04-26-2006, 11:40 PM
ON THE ESPN DRAFT SITE THERE ARE SOME COOL ESPN MOTION CLIPS.

A 2:30 clip on them commenting on the Pack...Mario...Hawk....Vince Young...AROD.

Good watch.

RashanGary
04-26-2006, 11:41 PM
Thanks Bretsky...

OS PA
04-26-2006, 11:44 PM
I'm sippin that same Kool Aid OS

Lets hope that it's not just the Kool Aid! :roll:

Chubbyhubby
04-26-2006, 11:55 PM
The bottom line will TT go D or Offense? Best available or need? Do we need a QB that rules out Lineart, Young and Cutler. Defense, Hawk will probably be there, Davis is so intreging because he can play WR which we are thin at Very solid TE to boot. He can cause matchup problems, He has reliable hands as well. They don't need a another TE but is the best OFFENSIVE player besides QB available imo.