PDA

View Full Version : Packer's next RB: Tony Fisher??

Brando19
03-19-2007, 08:48 PM
Tony Fisher would be interested in returning to the Green Bay Packers, his agent said Monday, but the team with which he started his NFL career hasn’t called.

“I was looking at some stuff the other day, and I was thinking, ‘Why haven’t they called?’ ” agent Bradley Blank said. “It seems like a great fit.”

The Packers need backfield help after the departure of starter Ahman Green, and Fisher is looking for a new home after his first season with the St. Louis Rams ended because of a knee injury. The Rams and Oakland Raiders have expressed interest in him, Blank said, but are waiting until next month to work him out.

Fisher, 27, rushed for 880 yards and caught 125 passes in four seasons with the Packers after signing as an undrafted free agent out of Notre Dame. But he had just 9 yards on six carries and 14 receptions in eight games with the Rams before tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee on a kick return Nov. 5. His recovery is on schedule, Blank said.

Bretsky
03-19-2007, 08:50 PM
Tough with a torn ACL in November; I'd pass too. That's a brutal injury to get over and it's likely TF will be battling pain much of next year.

Joemailman
03-19-2007, 09:00 PM
Arliss Beach is our Tony Fisher.

Bretsky
03-19-2007, 09:02 PM
Arliss Beach is our Tony Fisher.

I thought Herron was our Tony Fischer; or are they all Tony Fischer's :?:

j/k I think Morency is better :lol:

Brando19
03-19-2007, 09:28 PM
Arliss Beach really showed some hard ass running before he got injured. I can't wait to see what he has to offer.

retailguy
03-19-2007, 09:32 PM
Arliss Beach really showed some hard ass running before he got injured. I can't wait to see what he has to offer.

Me too. But I'm nervous as hell RELYING on him. Remember Herbert Goodman? The other guy after him? Flashes of brilliance, then NOTHING.

Hopefully Beach is the answer. But I think the bigger question is, "What about that line?"

Merlin
03-20-2007, 09:28 AM
Would be worth a shot to bring him into camp to see how his rehab is going. He isn't an every down back ut his is great on 3rd down. Maybe he doesn't fit the ZBS?

Zool
03-20-2007, 09:46 AM
I miss Whisper and his 1 good game.

retailguy
03-20-2007, 09:48 AM
I miss Whisper and his 1 good game.

How about Rondell Mealey and his one or two good games? Maybe Najeh Davenport and his one good game?

See my point? Or just want to be sarcastic?

red
03-20-2007, 09:53 AM
didn't rondell and whisper both have their 1 good game in the same game?

i think i was there, it was in chicago in the mud

Zool
03-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Your point has been well documented, and I'm pretty much going to be as sarcastic as I want.

I realize RB is now the biggest team hole no matter Partials feelings on Morency. I also realize that it will be addressed during the draft. If its not, then I might join the crusades.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

the_idle_threat
03-20-2007, 12:37 PM
Now we have Hoah Herron and his one good game. :lol: