PDA

View Full Version : Dejavu

packinpatland
03-19-2007, 09:33 PM
Seems like yesterday, ok it was in the late 60's, some of the Packers came to my high school in Escanaba, MI and played a 'charity' game. I got autographs from Bart Starr, Boyd Dowler, Carrol Dale, to name a few.
Anyone have similar memories???

http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/news/story_b39db4ea1ecd/

packinpatland
03-19-2007, 09:49 PM
Come on! Am I the only really old one here?

MJZiggy
03-19-2007, 09:56 PM
No, we just don't have really cool memories like that...

When I was in 1st grade, John Matuszak came to our school and visited my classroom. It was kinda cool because I was the littlest kid and he was so huge.

oregonpackfan
03-19-2007, 10:09 PM
We had a Packers charity basketball game in Rice Lake when I was a kid. Some of the players were Ron Kostelnik, Willie Davis, Fuzzy Thurston, Herb Adderly, Henry Jordan, and Doug Hart. Hart was a constant cutup.

I remember Bart Starr was a featured speaker at my high school sports banquet. I had the pleasure of shaking his hand and speaking briefly with him. He was, and still is, a class act both on and off the field.

digitaldean
03-19-2007, 10:57 PM
I remember Bart Starr was a featured speaker at my high school sports banquet. I had the pleasure of shaking his hand and speaking briefly with him. He was, and still is, a class act both on and off the field.

I'll second that. My former company did some work with his Rawhide Ranch in New London, WI. (place where delinquent or at-risk youth learn job skills and life skills).

Bart stopped in and paid the company a visit. Absolutely super gentleman, through and through.

Kiwon
03-20-2007, 08:06 AM
Ahh, brief brushes with fame.

I met Mike McCoy and John Brockington a 1,000 years ago. I remember Raleigh and Reggie McKenzie when they were slim. Bobby Riggs threw me a "Sugar Daddy" once. I remember Jermaine O'Neal as a kid was a foot taller than everyone else. Phil Garner waved to me once after the '79 World Series. So did the last Shah of Iran in '73. I once had lunch with a president of an African nation. I was in the same bathroom as Senator Percy of Indiana (?) I was good friends with the guy who popularized professional Poker tournaments on television. A camel spit on me at the Washington zoo one time. I have hand-fed a giraffe. I was on the "Popeye" show when I was four. I once knew a girl who knew a girl whose friend dated Michael Jackson. I once visited the house of Davis Love III when he was a teen.
I've saved three people's lives before (separate incidents). I've met the first guy charged with attempted murder in the US by deliberately trying to infect others with the AIDS virus.

Wow, reminiscing is crazy. None of it fame worthy but fun to do for a few minutes. (Okay, I've bared my soul. Let the jokes begin.)

GrnBay007
03-20-2007, 08:12 AM
I don't have any jokes, but I'd love to hear how you saved 3 people's lives. :D

retailguy
03-20-2007, 09:51 AM
I don't have any jokes, but I'd love to hear how you saved 3 people's lives. :D

He'd tell you, but then, he'd have to kill you. :wink:

woodbuck27
03-20-2007, 02:01 PM
You gotta love this forum.

Even when. . .have times ever been this slow? :)

packinpatland
03-20-2007, 03:13 PM
You gotta love this forum.

Even when. . .have times ever been this slow? :)

April 28th can't come soon enough. :whist: ,till then..............