View Full Version : Terrelle Smith in for visit..........and out

Bretsky
03-20-2007, 11:17 PM
FB leaves without pact
Packers make no offer to Smith after visit
By TOM SILVERSTEIN
tsilverstein@journalsentinel.com
Posted: March 20, 2007

As has been their habit in free agency, the Green Bay Packers did not move to sign fullback Terrelle Smith immediately after his official visit.

Smith, who was released by the Cleveland Browns last week, has a history with Packers coach Mike McCarthy from their days together with the New Orleans Saints.

The 6-foot, 255-pound Smith spent the day with Packers officials Tuesday but left without a deal.

The Packers seek a replacement for recently released fullback William Henderson and competition for starter Brandon Miree. Smith is more physical than Miree but Miree has the agility the club likes in a zone-blocking fullback.

Smith, 29, is expected to visit Arizona soon and has also drawn interest from Tampa Bay and Kansas City. The Cardinals appear to be the front-runners because Smith played at Arizona State and would be playing for running backs coach Maurice Carthon, who was on the Browns' staff.

The Packers don't appear to be in a rush to sign him, but if they were impressed with Smith they have the ability to make a strong bid.

Meanwhile, former Packers fullback Vonta Leach, who was released before the season opener last season, signed a four-year, $8 million restricted free-agent deal with the New York Giants. Houston, which picked up Leach after the Packers released him, has the right to match the offer.

Freak Out
03-21-2007, 12:18 AM
You might have that sig for awhile.

Bretsky
03-21-2007, 12:21 AM
You might have that sig for awhile.

Over under might be the draft; when I started the sig I was thinking I'd keep it til TT signed two starting prospects.

Beggers can't be choosers; I've greatly lowered my standards since the start of FA :lol:

GrnBay007
03-21-2007, 12:42 AM
http://www.facemakersincorporated.com/images/t/turtles.jpg

gbpackfan
03-21-2007, 06:49 AM
What is the point of these visits?