PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Favorite

Partial
03-21-2007, 12:21 AM
Patriots -

They will have a kickass offense for a long time if they add another receiver with one of their two first round picks.

They will probably trade their second first to land Lance Briggs. Mark it down.

I think you'll see them take Eric Weddle if he's there in the second.

Super Bowl champions.

Tony Oday
03-21-2007, 01:01 AM
I dont think they will even make it. Well they prolly will but I will be cheering against them every second!

Bretsky
03-21-2007, 07:24 AM
Patriots -

They will have a kickass offense for a long time if they add another receiver with one of their two first round picks.

Super Bowl champions.

They have to be considered as the Super Bowl favorite or at least very near to it. They've aggressively went after free agents this year; the anti Turtle approach. Should be interesting to see if things work out for them.

MadtownPacker
03-21-2007, 08:07 AM
They've aggressively went after free agents this year; the anti Turtle approach. Should be interesting to see if things work out for them.Funny thing is they won those SBs using the turtle approach.

the_idle_threat
03-21-2007, 08:40 AM
If only the Super Bowl were played on paper...

red
03-21-2007, 09:50 AM
they signed free agents this year. they'll finish no better then 3-13

MadtownPacker
03-21-2007, 12:14 PM
they signed free agents this year. they'll finish no better then 3-13You mean they are gonna get "Snydered"?

retailguy
03-21-2007, 12:22 PM
they signed free agents this year. they'll finish no better then 3-13

Goodell is going to "dock" them a game for "overpaying" all these free agents. 2-14... :wink:

MJZiggy
03-21-2007, 12:39 PM
Nah, RG, it' just that when all the old farts get injured, the Pats won't have any money left under the cap to replace them.... :wink:

Merlin
03-21-2007, 02:03 PM
The only problem I see with the Patriots is that they are trying to fill a lot of holes through free agency. I know that Bilecheck (sp?) runs a tight ship and if anyone cops an attitude (unless it's Tom "Daddy" Brady), he gets rid of them. I don't see Briggs keeping his mouth shut no matter what team he is with. They will always be in the hunt as long as they have him as a coach. He seems to bring the best out of even mediocre players.

wist43
03-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Patriots, Chargers, and Colts have to all be co-favorites.

Nobody from the NFC is even worthy of being in the converstation.

Brando19
03-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Saints and Chargers in the SB.

Partial
03-21-2007, 02:37 PM
Patriots -

Super Bowl champions.

They have to be considered as the Super Bowl favorite or at least very near to it. They've aggressively went after free agents this year; the anti Turtle approach. Should be interesting to see if things work out for them.

They were on the verge of greatness and their window was closing, though. Then I say "go all in"

pbmax
03-21-2007, 02:37 PM
I might actually make an effort to watch the Chargers this year. Norv gets all kinds of blowback for the Washington Snyders and Oakland Davises, but Aikman thinks the world of him.

Rare chance to see if his issues were coaching/leadership or player personnel. The Chargers have taken care of the personnel side of the equation.

Partial
03-21-2007, 02:38 PM
The only problem I see with the Patriots is that they are trying to fill a lot of holes through free agency. I know that Bilecheck (sp?) runs a tight ship and if anyone cops an attitude (unless it's Tom "Daddy" Brady), he gets rid of them. I don't see Briggs keeping his mouth shut no matter what team he is with. They will always be in the hunt as long as they have him as a coach. He seems to bring the best out of even mediocre players.

Briggs has never had an attitude problem or been a cancer to a team until he was franchised. That is simply uninformed.

red
03-21-2007, 04:59 PM

Briggs has never had an attitude problem or been a cancer to a team until he was franchised. That is simply uninformed.

thats what i thought too

i've never heard about briggs being an asshole until this offseason when the bears tagged him

Pacopete4
03-21-2007, 05:05 PM
Packers-Broncos rematch except there will be no Elway in this game..