PDA

View Full Version : Clammering?????

packinpatland
03-21-2007, 08:11 AM
I don't want to start another Moss thread, just wanted ask.......
did anyone besides Joe Theisman hear Favre 'clammering' for the acquistion of Moss?
espn's Theisman says......

5. Randy Moss, Oakland Raiders: There still is no better combination of speed and hands in the league. While Moss has had serious problems in Oakland, those around the league still view him as a dangerous threat as evidenced by Brett Favre clamoring to have Moss on the Packers next season. Hopefully Moss finds himself in a situation where he's happy and motivated again so we can see the guy who destroyed opposing defenses at the beginning of his career

packinpatland
03-21-2007, 08:12 AM
Ok, so the correct spelling is 'clamoring' :oops:

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-21-2007, 08:17 AM
Ok, so the correct spelling is 'clamoring' :oops:

So edit your post. Be like me and learn to hide your mistakes. :D

MacCool606
03-21-2007, 08:37 AM
Or, better yet - blame it on Theisman for saying it wrong. Nobody likes him anyway.

swede
03-21-2007, 12:11 PM
I'm pretty sure that one person can't clamor.

That would be like being mobbed by one person.

Brett doesn't strike me as the sort to bug anybody about anything. If he had something to say to TT regarding the team he'd say it once.

MadtownPacker
03-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Favre knows what will happen if Moss comes to town but I would like to know how DD and Jennings would feel.

Something tells me DD is dreaming of the DBs he will burn in single coverage.

retailguy
03-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Who is going "clamming" without me? Oh wait, nevermind.... clamoring! Get it right! :D

swede
03-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Agreed, Mad.

But Favre probably just let Bus Cook know that he'd be all right playing with Moss if TT could pull a deal. In fact, he'd think it wuld be pretty cool. And then he'd hang up and get back to one-footed tractor driving.

I can't really see Favre "clamoring" about anything. One of the reasons he has never been a true team leader in the lockerroom is that he's not a very outspoken guy.

woodbuck27
03-22-2007, 02:39 PM
Agreed, Mad.

But Favre probably just let Bus Cook know that he'd be all right playing with Moss if TT could pull a deal. In fact, he'd think it wuld be pretty cool. And then he'd hang up and get back to one-footed tractor driving.

I can't really see Favre "clamoring" about anything. One of the reasons he has never been a true team leader in the lockerroom is that he's not a very outspoken guy.

Favre certainly gets on the leadership once a game begins.

Tony Oday
03-22-2007, 08:02 PM
B FING S HE ISNT A LEADER. You ask ANY packer that has played in GB the last 10 years and they will tell you he is a leader on the field. You dont think people on the team get a little dinged up and say well Favre can do it Ill try to tough it out.

Favre wants Moss because he will add a threat to our offense that we havent had.

Jennings wants Moss

DD wants Moss because he cant wait to line up opposite to a nickle back or get only single teamed

MadtownPacker
03-22-2007, 08:03 PM
Agreed, Mad.

Favre certainly gets on the leadership once a game begins.Yup and that is where it counts and likely why he is so respected.

He doesnt talk a good game, he goes out on the field and shows it!

Packers4Ever
03-22-2007, 11:14 PM

And "show" carries a heck of a lot more weight than "talk" any day !

I had been dead set against having Moss join up with the Pack
for all the obvious reasons, but if Favre, DD, and Jennings are
all for it, I say let's DO it !!

TT had better be ready for the showdown !! 8-)
:twisted:

woodbuck27
03-23-2007, 09:10 AM
Agreed, Mad.

Favre certainly gets on the leadership once a game begins.Yup and that is where it counts and likely why he is so respected.

Then there's this sort of news:

From: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/packers/home.htm

Brett Favre will be honored March 30

By a drug-counseling agency for the public stance he took last season on the NFL's handling of the one-year suspension leveled against teammate Koren Robinson for a repeat violation of the substance-abuse policy.

Favre felt that the league "turned its back" on Robinson by banishing the team from having interaction with the receiver during the suspension, which began in October. Robinson also is barred from team facilities until he possibly gains reinstatement this September.

"If he can't play, fine. If that's your ruling, fine," Favre said after Robinson was suspended.

"But, at least let him come in where guys can say, 'Hey, Koren, can we help you out? You need someone to talk to?'"

A support system was in place for Favre when he was treated in 1996 for an addiction to painkillers.

"He had a few close teammates who supported him then, and I'm sure those memories were fresh in his mind when he chose to speak out in support of Koren," Packers spokesman Zak Gilbert said.

Favre will receive a Bronze Key Award, the highest honor of the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, from the Waukesha, Wis.-based Addiction Resource Council.

comment woodbuck27:

Favre is a leader on and off the field.

Another blue ribbon reason that he'll be a first ballot HOFer.

GrnBay007
03-23-2007, 09:28 AM
Favre made an excellent point with that statement. A person can't get enough support when they are in recovery.

MJZiggy
03-23-2007, 09:37 AM
That's true and Favre's right. Don't let them play, but why cut off contact from everyone who could help 'em out along the way? Makes no sense to me.

swede
03-23-2007, 12:11 PM
B FING S HE ISNT A LEADER. You ask ANY packer that has played in GB the last 10 years and they will tell you he is a leader on the field. You dont think people on the team get a little dinged up and say well Favre can do it Ill try to tough it out.

Favre wants Moss because he will add a threat to our offense that we havent had.

Jennings wants Moss

DD wants Moss because he cant wait to line up opposite to a nickle back or get only single teamed

I posted a clarification to my leadership comment but it hit the CPU graywall and never made the thread.

Every player worth a dime will army up and play hard for #4 because of his leadership on the field. His ability to lead on the field is unquestioned.

My point is that Favre is so intrinsically motivated to be a good player and a good teammate he can't even fathom how other people would need to look up to him in order to do the right things as players and teammates.

By all accounts he is funny, relaxed, and positive on the practice field, in the lockerroom and in team meetings. But one of the reasons IMHO he became uncharacteristically prickly when questioned about mentoring Rodgers is that he wants nothing to do with telling anybody else how to conduct their business--Rodgers included.

Of course, absolutely, and obviously he is one of the league greats when it comes to inspirational and charismatic leadership when the team is on the field.

My main point is that Favre usually doesn't tell anyone how to do their job. He will sometimes call out another player if their actions affect him and the team.

He has never said a remotely negative thing about a coach or a GM in his entire career. He may put a bee in TT's bonnet about Moss through Bus Cook. He would not call TT twice a week asking how the Moss deal is coming along.

packinpatland
03-23-2007, 02:36 PM
So the bottom line that everyone can agree on is Theisman's an ass?

Zool
03-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Make it ass hat and you've got a deal.

mraynrand
03-24-2007, 04:06 PM
Favre made an excellent point with that statement. A person can't get enough support when they are in recovery.

I'm a supportoholic. I'm addicted to helping others. Anyone need a subprime loan?

BallHawk
03-24-2007, 04:11 PM
That's true and Favre's right. Don't let them play, but why cut off contact from everyone who could help 'em out along the way? Makes no sense to me.

I guess it is to stop them from keeping in contact with the Pacman Jones' and Joey Porters of the world.

packinpatland
03-24-2007, 04:52 PM

I guess it is to stop them from keeping in contact with the Pacman Jones' and Joey Porters of the world.

Plllleassssssse.....
what about the other 53+ members of the team? Are they all rotten apples too?