PDA

View Full Version : Packers players discussing Moss internally...

packers11
03-21-2007, 02:29 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6593462?print=true
Packers players discussing Moss internally
Adam Schein / FOXSports.com
Posted: 1 hour ago

The Randy Moss trade is definitely being discussed ... in the Packers locker room.

As the Packers gather for workouts, the omnipresent topic of Randy Moss being traded to the Packers is a popular subject amongst the players.
Schein's Spot

While you know my take on the deal, Moss has at least one advocate in Green Bay, and it may come as a surprise: second-year receiver Greg Jennings.

On the show this week, Jennings says he would love to have Moss as a teammate.

"I would love to play with Randy. I really would. It would pay major dividends for me as I would be freed up with the attention he would demand. And to play with another great receiver and to soak up that knowledge, it would be unbelievable. I would feed off of what he's done in his career."

But what about Moss' practice habits? Could Moss play with Brett Favre?

Jennings' answer was interesting.

"I would think Randy would fit in our locker room. And we have obviously discussed this among each other. Anytime you have a guy who can come in and be a huge addition to your team, if you play with Brett, you are going to step your game up to play with him. I know it puts a lot of pressure on Brett but it is true. Regardless of who you are and what you have done, it does a lot for your mental state.

"You want to play well for Brett. I would think that playing with Brett it would change everything in terms of being a teammate and practicing. I think it would work but who knows?"

While Jennings wants Moss, the last player the receiver wants to see traded is quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Jennings believes that Rodgers is the quarterback of the future in Green Bay.

"You hate to say you want to see Brett hang it up, because you really don't. But at the same time, you want to see Aaron get his shot and be successful. It's one of those situations where he is still learning from Brett and I really hope he stays around.

"We are very confident in Aaron. We all are. And he is a great guy. Having practiced with him, he is a take-charge type of guy. He takes command of the huddle. It's just Brett. That's the only thing blocking Aaron. Brett is durable and is like the Energizer Bunny."

Brando19
03-21-2007, 02:35 PM
Trade Rodgers for Moss...I think that's what Jennings was trying to say. :)

Pacopete4
03-21-2007, 02:53 PM
i think he is sayin that as well.. and as polite as u can say it.. he wants favre as long as he can, thinks moss will play for him and thinks moss will help him be a better WR... easy trade.. get it done

oregonpackfan
03-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Be careful what you wish for...

swede
03-21-2007, 03:40 PM

Would I really regret MaryAnn AND Ginger?

MJZiggy
03-21-2007, 03:45 PM
That one could go badly, Swede...yes, you very well could end up regretting it.

Zool
03-21-2007, 03:46 PM
YOu could end up with Lovie and Thurston Howell in a bizarre 5 way.

LL2
03-21-2007, 04:04 PM

No, that would be just wonderful!

Pacopete4
03-21-2007, 04:06 PM
i am careful what i wish for.. i know rodgers blows and I know theres still a hope in moss that he can bring his game back to that scary level he had in minny.. ill take my chances with moss any day over boy wonder, rodgers.. cuz he sucks.. give favre some weapons, hell he might play 2-3 more years with weapons and having fun tearing up scoreboards.. and then those people that said he should retire will go back to sayin how great he actually is.. k im done rambling

red
03-21-2007, 04:37 PM

yes you would

do you really want two 60-some year olds?

BallHawk
03-21-2007, 04:44 PM
As long as Greg Jennings cannot have any off-field relations with Moss I am OK with that.

Let's not f*ck up the brightest prospect on the team.

Rastak
03-21-2007, 04:50 PM
As long as Greg Jennings cannot have any off-field relations with Moss I am OK with that.

Actually he's fine off the field...it's on it where his biggest issues lie.....

red
03-21-2007, 04:50 PM

honestly, jennings would probably be a very good influence on moss

Jimx29
03-21-2007, 05:03 PM

Actually he's fine off the field...it's on it where his biggest issues lie.....I'm pretty sure there's a traffic cop that would disagree with that

Rastak
03-21-2007, 05:05 PM

Actually he's fine off the field...it's on it where his biggest issues lie.....I'm pretty sure there's a traffic cop that would disagree with that

Do you have any idea how minor that was? I don't even list that.
She basically motioned for him not to turn and he slowly kept turning, she runs in front of the car and basically sits on the hood while he does an OJ Simpson low speed chase. Trust me, his issues are on the field.

red
03-21-2007, 05:11 PM

Do you have any idea how minor that was? I don't even list that.
She basically motioned for him not to turn and he slowly kept turning, she runs in front of the car and basically sits on the hood while he does an OJ Simpson low speed chase. Trust me, his issues are on the field.

but rastak, isn't that the same as shooting up a strip club?

not to mention the fact that he's a drug dealer, he does have cornrows you know

woodbuck27
03-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Can the Packers survive in the imediate future without Aaron Rodgers?

Who is more talented or more valuable to the Packers immediate future? Aaron Rodgers or Randy Moss?

Who can add more to Packer success in the immediate future, Aaron Rodgers or Randy Moss?

Will the acquisition of Randy Moss gurantee the playoffs, a Super Bowl?

Will the cost of acquiring Randy Moss place a negative impact on OUR CAP space?

Will Randy Moss and any baggage or posssible personality issues he has be a negative influence in the locker room or on the field of play?

What will be the real cost of Randy Moss in terms of a trade as time goes on?

I believe that Ted Thompson mulls over such questions.

If I have assessed that Aaron Rodgers will have difficulty in the NFL and can be replaced (see solid fundamentles, ability to make decisions quickly and handle pressure in the pocket). I'd trade him to Oakland as the exclusive compensation for Randy Moss.

Just Aaron Rodgers and no draft picks.

otherwise:

If I was Ted Thompson and I wanted Randy Moss. I'd simply make an offer to Al Davis that I felt was fair.

ie KGB and maybe a fifth draft pick and see if that is accepted and move on from there until approached by Oakland, possibly in the draft.

Merlin
03-22-2007, 02:15 PM

I don't know about you dude, but I would want the ones from way back then, not what they are now!