PDA

View Full Version : Why the hell... question about korean robinson

packers11
03-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Why the hell isn't he on the roster on www.packers.com ....

I'm playing madden with this kid for money, hes like I didn't see korean robinson on the roster, u can't use him... (hes a good kr, and tall wr)...

Any reason hes not on the roster???

By the WAY: I convinced him Randy is on the team, packers just haven't signed the deal yet... HAHAHA, hes god in madden :lol:

swede
03-21-2007, 03:38 PM
He must apply for reinstatement after he serves his suspension. Packers hold his rights IF he is reinstated.

Patler
03-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Why the hell isn't he on the roster on www.packers.com ....

I'm playing madden with this kid for money, hes like I didn't see korean robinson on the roster, u can't use him... (hes a good kr, and tall wr)...

Any reason hes not on the roster???

By the WAY: I convinced him Randy is on the team, packers just haven't signed the deal yet... HAHAHA, hes god in madden :lol:

He isn't on the roster...because he isn't on the roster!

He is not an active/elligible NFL player, so does not appear on the roster. In that way he is no diffferent than a player who retires before their contract expires, They do not appear on the roster, but their former team holds their rights if they return. Same for Robinson. If the league reinstates him, the Packers will have to add him to the roster or release him.

red
03-21-2007, 04:48 PM
he's pretty much kicked out of the league for 1 year

not just suspended

and they don't ever have to let him back

with all the problems going on in the nfl and the possible three strike rule, the nfl could decide to make a statement with him, and just let him rot

onterio smith still hasn't been allowed to return i think. he was suspended for a year and had to reapply, but its been well over a year almost 2, and he hasn't been let back in (i don't think)

cpk1994
03-22-2007, 07:24 AM
Onterrio Smith is in the Canadian Football League.

swede
03-22-2007, 11:04 AM

There's a joke in there somewhere.

swede
03-22-2007, 11:05 AM
Maybe he's playing for SasketJuwan

the_idle_threat
03-22-2007, 11:07 AM
I figured Vancouver. :idea:

FritzDontBlitz
03-22-2007, 11:14 AM

There's a joke in there somewhere.

it gets even better if onterrio smith is playing for toronto. :roll:

packiowa
03-22-2007, 11:31 AM
Last night, I dreamt that Robinson got arrested for some serious domestic abuse. Good to hear it didn't actually happen.

mngolf19
03-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Last night, I dreamt that Robinson got arrested for some serious domestic abuse. Good to hear it didn't actually happen.

You dreamt about Robinson last night? :?

packiowa
03-22-2007, 12:48 PM

You dreamt about Robinson last night? :?

Well, I dreamt that I watched a breaking news report about Robinson, so yeah. I think it was from a mixture of some disturbing video I watched on the news where some lady video taped her husband holding her hostage (prompting Iowa lawmakers recently) with a gun coupled with spending too much time reading about the Packers.

I actually thought it had happened when I woke up and was a little leery to open the thread topic.

woodbuck27
03-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Just found this news to me:

From: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/packers/home.htm

Brett Favre will be honored March 30

By a drug-counseling agency for the public stance he took last season on the NFL's handling of the one-year suspension leveled against teammate Koren Robinson for a repeat violation of the substance-abuse policy.

Favre felt that the league "turned its back" on Robinson by banishing the team from having interaction with the receiver during the suspension, which began in October. Robinson also is barred from team facilities until he possibly gains reinstatement this September.

"If he can't play, fine. If that's your ruling, fine," Favre said after Robinson was suspended. "But, at least let him come in where guys can say, 'Hey, Koren, can we help you out? You need someone to talk to?'"

A support system was in place for Favre when he was treated in 1996 for an addiction to painkillers.

"He had a few close teammates who supported him then, and I'm sure those memories were fresh in his mind when he chose to speak out in support of Koren," Packers spokesman Zak Gilbert said.

Favre will receive a Bronze Key Award, the highest honor of the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, from the Waukesha, Wis.-based Addiction Resource Council.

—Cornerback Al Harris is having a banner off-season. It started in early February with his receiving a two-year contract extension, for which he had been lobbying for a year.

Then, on the eve of the start of the off-season workout program, South Florida resident Harris spent a few days at Disney World and was married there.

—The Packers' annual shareholders meeting will be held the morning of July 25 at Lambeau Field.

It's the fourth time, and the second straight year, that fans who own "stock" in the publicly supported franchise will congregate inside the stadium for the event. Shareholders are allowed to bring one guest.

QUOTE TO NOTE:

"I believe very strongly that our general manager, Ted Thompson, knows exactly what he's doing. He's always had a plan; he sticks by it; and all of our front-office people do a great job, so we just continue to trust them. I really feel that we've got a lot of the pieces already in place." — Defensive end Aaron Kampman on management's low-key approach to acquiring players in the off-season thus far, despite the team's having more than $20 million in salary-cap space.

STRATEGY AND PERSONNEL

The team has yet to turn to the outside for a candidate to possibly replace Ahman Green as the featured back. Green signed a four-year, $23 million contract with Houston early in free agency.

Head coach Mike McCarthy gave a vote of confidence to Vernand Morency, the top back on the roster, and also likes young prospects Noah Herron, Arliss Beach and P.J. Pope.

"The opportunity is wide open," McCarthy said.

With few options now available in the free-agent pool, GM Ted Thompson probably will look to the first day of the draft to take a back and stir up the competition.

MEDICAL WATCH: No updates.

FRANCHISE PLAYER: None.

TRANSITION PLAYER: None.

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

—DT Kenderick Allen suffered a season-ending foot injury in Week 3 and didn't pay off as a starting-caliber tackle signed late in free agency. Younger, cheaper players came on in his stead, so a return doesn't appear promising.

—QB Todd Bouman was simply a late-season stopgap as Brett Favre's top backup after Aaron Rodgers was felled by a season-ending broken foot. Not expected to be re-signed.

—LB Ben Taylor didn't get the starting job for which he signed as a free agent last year, giving way to Brady Poppinga on the strong side late in the preseason. Taylor was serviceable on special teams, but he figures to be looking elsewhere for a more prominent role.

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS: None.

EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS FREE AGENTS

—DT Colin Cole opened the season as a starter but was inconsistent and gave way to Corey Williams. Still figures in the line rotation.

—WR Carlyle Holiday was a late-season pickup off waivers from Arizona and earned his keep with some clutch catches out of multiple-receiver sets. Will be given an opportunity to compete for a No. 3 or No. 4 spot.

—TE Tory Humphrey has untapped potential after missing most of the second half of the season because of a hamstring injury.

PLAYERS RE-SIGNED

—LS Rob Davis: Potential UFA; $820,000/1 yr.

—RB Noah Herron: ERFA; terms unknown.

—DE Cullen Jenkins: Potential RFA; $16M/4 yrs, $6M SB.

—TE Donald Lee: Potential UFA; $595,000/1 yr.

—T/G Tyson Walter: UFA; $595,000/1 yr.

—LB Tracy White: UFA; $595,000/1 yr.

PLAYERS ACQUIRED

—CB Frank Walker: UFA Giants; 1 yr, terms unknown.

PLAYERS LOST

—RB Ahman Green: UFA Texans; $23M/4 yrs, $6.5M guaranteed.

—FB William Henderson (released).

—TE David Martin: UFA Dolphins; $3.57M/3 yrs, $1.2M SB.

Posted 3/22/2007 12:24 PM ET