PDA

View Full Version : I GUARANTEE the Cardinals sign FB Terrelle Smith! (rant)

gbpackfan
03-21-2007, 06:09 PM
From rotoworld.com

Free agent FB Terrelle Smith is expected to visit the Cardinals soon.
Smith was in Green Bay Tuesday but left without an offer. Arizona continues to search for an affordable lead blocker after losing out on the Vonta Leach sweepstakes. The Chiefs and Bucs may also have interest.

Smith is on his way to Arizona and I'll but any of you a buffalo nickel that he signs with the Cards. Other teams, unlike the Packers, bring players in with the intention of actually signing them. Offseason programs are starting to fire up and teams want their players to get involved. Same thing happened with Griffin and the same thing will happen with Smith.

Now, will Smith take us to the next level? No. However, TT needs to realize that we have HUGE holes on this team that need to be filled. TE, WR, RB, FB, S. There is no real competition behind Miree. Miree may win the job in camp but TT should actually make him WIN it!

I don't know, maybe TT can find a starting RB, 3rd WR, pass catching TE, starting SS, reserve FB and kick returner in the draft but I highly doubt it. It is not my intention to start another TT sucks thread but damn. When are we going to see some of these holes getting plugged.

Right now, it looks like we have to trade for Moss, draft a TE very high, hit on a second round RB and get an impact defender in the draft. It just seems like a lot to hope for in one draft, but we'll see.

HarveyWallbangers
03-21-2007, 06:56 PM
Personally, I don't care where Terrelle Smith signs. He doesn't even sound like a FB that is a good fit for our scheme.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-21-2007, 07:04 PM
Personally, I don't care where Terrelle Smith signs. He doesn't even sound like a FB that is a good fit for our scheme.

I agree, how much better is he than Miree anyways? I doubt it's by much if any. The only FB I wanted was Griffin. you shouldn't get upset that we didn't sign a average FB, but you should get mad TT didn't bring in Hamlin or Grant when he was still available. Looks like he's sticking with Manuel, hhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! :roll:

gbpackfan
03-21-2007, 07:35 PM
I hope that Underwood is completely healed up and takes the SS position by STORM!!!!!!!!!

Joemailman
03-21-2007, 07:57 PM

Philbin has talked about going away from zone blocking to power gap in some short yardage situations. At those times, you might want a bigger fullback than what Miree is. Short yardage coversions were one of this team's greatest weak spots last season.

pittstang5
03-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Have no fear, TT is going to draft Brian Leonard who is going to solve our FB and RB problems :lol:

Partial
03-21-2007, 08:21 PM

Philbin has talked about going away from zone blocking to power gap in some short yardage situations. At those times, you might want a bigger fullback than what Miree is. Short yardage coversions were one of this team's greatest weak spots last season.

Play Hawk at Fullback!!!

red
03-21-2007, 08:33 PM
i wonder what gilbert brown would have been like playing FB

he could fly for a big guy

imagine him plowing a 20 yard wide hole down the middle of the field

retailguy
03-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Play Hawk at Fullback!!!

Yeah, let's get the guy hurt. That'll help. :P

gbpackfan
03-23-2007, 04:35 PM
Cardinals | Smith reaches two-year agreement
Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:33:24 -0700

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports the Arizona Cardinals have agreed to terms with free-agent FB Terrelle Smith (Browns) on a two-year deal. Financial terms were not available.

GOD I'M GOOD! Actually, I'm not. TT is just becoming too easy to predict.

Bretsky
03-23-2007, 05:46 PM
Cardinals | Smith reaches two-year agreement
Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:33:24 -0700

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports the Arizona Cardinals have agreed to terms with free-agent FB Terrelle Smith (Browns) on a two-year deal. Financial terms were not available.

GOD I'M GOOD! Actually, I'm not. TT is just becoming too easy to predict.

Yes, I need to find a new turtle where the head hides inside the shell

Brando19
03-23-2007, 07:52 PM
Free-agent fullback Terrelle Smith signed today with the Arizona Cardinals, turning down an offer from the Green Bay Packers.

Smith’s agent, Ryan Tollner, said his client signed a two-year deal with the Cardinals.

Smith, 29, is an eight-year veteran who started 32 of 48 games over the past three seasons with the Cleveland Browns, who released him last week. He visited the Packers on Tuesday and the Cardinals on Thursday.

“He seriously considered Green Bay but just felt the opportunity was better for him with Arizona,” Tollner said.

Tollner said the Packers also were offering a “short-term” contract.

motife
03-23-2007, 07:56 PM
I thought we stopped running the U-71 formation.

Although, Kevin Barry is back.